• You cannot reply to this topic

NFL 2014-2015 Playoffs & Super Bowl

#181 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:38 PM

View PostGrumble, on 04 January 2015 - 11:25 AM, said:

View PostBrujah, on 04 January 2015 - 05:58 AM, said:

Panthers beat Arizona, but could it have been any easier for them? They were handed this win on a silver platter, as some people are apt to say.

If they play like that again vs Seahawks or Green Bay, it'll be a much different story.

I still have to pull for the home team while they're in it. I'm hoping Detroit beats Dallas so they play the Packers instead of Seattle, IN Seattle.

I think Dallas will beat the Lions though, and we'll be forced to endure an ass kicking in Seattle. I'd much rather take our chances at Lambeau.

I think you got a bit confused there Brujah and contradicted yourself.

Detroit is 6th seed so they WILL play Seattle ( No 1 ) if they beat Dallas ! They cannot meet Packers ... Seattle plays lowest seeded team left.

Dallas wins and they travel to Lambeau for what should be a cracker !

Looks like we were both right. All you did was repeat what I said. I said I hope lions beat Dallas so the lions would be forced to play Seattle instead of us having to play Seattle. Said I'd rather take our chances against Green Bay. I added that, however, I felt like Dallas will beat the lions and thus send us to Seattle.

Although I do see where you might have misunderstood my use of the word 'they' bolded above. I started off talking about how I had to pull for the Panthers as long as they were still alive, being the home team and all, and the 'they' in the next sentence was still referring to the Panthers. I see how it can be read as the 'they' standing for Detroit, as it was the proper noun in the beginning of the sentence.

It took me a bit to puzzle out how you weren't saying the exact same thing I did, yet saying I had confused something.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#182 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:30 PM

You two are confusing me... :)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#183 User is offline   Grumble 

• High Mage of High House HAWT

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:36 PM

View PostBrujah, on 04 January 2015 - 12:38 PM, said:

View PostGrumble, on 04 January 2015 - 11:25 AM, said:

View PostBrujah, on 04 January 2015 - 05:58 AM, said:

Panthers beat Arizona, but could it have been any easier for them? They were handed this win on a silver platter, as some people are apt to say.

If they play like that again vs Seahawks or Green Bay, it'll be a much different story.

I still have to pull for the home team while they're in it. I'm hoping Detroit beats Dallas so they play the Packers instead of Seattle, IN Seattle.

I think Dallas will beat the Lions though, and we'll be forced to endure an ass kicking in Seattle. I'd much rather take our chances at Lambeau.

I think you got a bit confused there Brujah and contradicted yourself.

Detroit is 6th seed so they WILL play Seattle ( No 1 ) if they beat Dallas ! They cannot meet Packers ... Seattle plays lowest seeded team left.

Dallas wins and they travel to Lambeau for what should be a cracker !

Looks like we were both right. All you did was repeat what I said. I said I hope lions beat Dallas so the lions would be forced to play Seattle instead of us having to play Seattle. Said I'd rather take our chances against Green Bay. I added that, however, I felt like Dallas will beat the lions and thus send us to Seattle.

Although I do see where you might have misunderstood my use of the word 'they' bolded above. I started off talking about how I had to pull for the Panthers as long as they were still alive, being the home team and all, and the 'they' in the next sentence was still referring to the Panthers. I see how it can be read as the 'they' standing for Detroit, as it was the proper noun in the beginning of the sentence.

It took me a bit to puzzle out how you weren't saying the exact same thing I did, yet saying I had confused something.

Ok got it now. I'm guessing your hoping to meet an injured Aaron Rodgers and trying to take advantage.
What Would Jack Do ?

#184 User is offline   Grumble 

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:51 PM

Nice start for Detroit and ex Seahawk Golden Tate.

Going to be interesting to watch Tony " Oh No " Romo and how he plays today.

This post has been edited by Grumble: 04 January 2015 - 09:52 PM

What Would Jack Do ?

#185 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:03 PM

I'm just hoping that someone will step on Suh's ankle when he's on the ground.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#186 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:21 PM

Was hoping Benson would win but not actually that fussed by that one. Obviously want the Cowboys out.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#187 User is offline   Grumble 

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:41 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 04 January 2015 - 10:21 PM, said:

Was hoping Benson would win but not actually that fussed by that one. Obviously want the Cowboys out.

Who, What, ?????
What Would Jack Do ?

#188 User is offline   Grumble 

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:54 AM

The mystery picking up, of the pass interference flag, is going to haunt Lions fans for years. WTF !

No explanation given ! Just watched a replay and you can hear the ref say something but I can't make out the reason they picked it up.

It was actually defensive holding by Hitchens to start with and then he failed to turn and locate the ball as it was in the air before running through the TE.

Lions had time to comeback but after making such a big deal about PI all year, this was a real head scratcher. :)
What Would Jack Do ?

#189 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:39 PM

View PostGrumble, on 05 January 2015 - 06:54 AM, said:

The mystery picking up, of the pass interference flag, is going to haunt Lions fans for years. WTF !

No explanation given ! Just watched a replay and you can hear the ref say something but I can't make out the reason they picked it up.

It was actually defensive holding by Hitchens to start with and then he failed to turn and locate the ball as it was in the air before running through the TE.

Lions had time to comeback but after making such a big deal about PI all year, this was a real head scratcher. :)

Per SB Nation:

Head referee Pete Morelli told the press pool in Dallas that the head linesman overturned the call because of information he received from another official.

"The back judge threw his flag for defensive pass interference. We got information from another official from a different angle that thought the contact was minimal and didn't warrant defensive pass interference. He thought it was face-guarding."

(Face-guarding is blocking the view of the receiver with your body).

What baffled me was the 4th and 1 they didn't do anything with late in the game, instead trying to get Dallas to go off-side, then get a delay of game. Horrible coaching decision.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#190 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:20 PM

Wanted Detroit to win, simply because they were the team best equipped to knock off the Seahawks next week. Seattle should eat Carolina alive.

Detroit's defense would have done pretty well against Seattle's offense methinks.
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#191 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:47 PM

A Gronking to Remeber
Posted Image

#192 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 06 January 2015 - 05:38 AM

View PostGrumble, on 05 January 2015 - 06:41 AM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 04 January 2015 - 10:21 PM, said:

Who, What, ?????

Huh. Appears I should check what my phone is writing for me... I meant Bengals...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#193 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:24 AM

View PostJakovasaurus, on 05 January 2015 - 09:47 PM, said:

http://kissingsuzyko...o-remember.html

#194 User is offline   Grumble 

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:37 AM

Seattle 31 Panthers 17 is the final ...... sorry haters !

Is there still anyone who doesn't think Russell Wilson is great. His 3rd down numbers where insane.
What Would Jack Do ?

#195 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 11 January 2015 - 08:07 AM

Ugh.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#196 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:42 PM

#197 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 11 January 2015 - 09:29 PM

Is it me, or was Bryant down with knee and elbow AND turned towards the goal line with control of the ball on that 4th down, and the ball only coming loose when he rolled onto his back after that?

I thought it a very weird ruling.

#198 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 11 January 2015 - 09:30 PM

Dallas got robbed. That was a catch. I guess it's payback by the league for the interference call that was reversed against the Lions last week.

#199 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:34 PM

Can Green Bay beat Seattle?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#200 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:56 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 11 January 2015 - 10:34 PM, said:

Can Green Bay beat Seattle?

They didn't in week 1. Since then, they shuffled their defense a bit, got the running game going a bit more, involved their 3rd, 4th and 5th receivers a lot more (Davonte Adams especially) but also saw Rodgers get hurt. While I don't think he was as badly hurt as the media made out (his production hasn't dipped that much and he's nowhere near as static as Peyton Manning) that will still suck against the Seahawks.

They have a shot, but I'd say 60/40 in favor of the Seahawks, and I'll say no-one except maybe the Patriots have better odds against the Seahawks.At the very least, when Wilson comes out of his rookie contract, they might be having some cap issues with all those quality defenders they have (had) to lock up.

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users