• You cannot reply to this topic

NFL 2014-2015 Playoffs & Super Bowl

#201 User is offline   Grumble 

• High Mage of High House HAWT
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:57 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 11 January 2015 - 10:34 PM, said:

Can Green Bay beat Seattle?

Go watch the week 1 game again when a healthy Rodgers struggled !

What goes around comes around, bet a lot of Detroit fans are smiling now Dez Bryant. Good call !
What Would Jack Do ?

#202 User is offline   Grumble 

Posted 11 January 2015 - 11:07 PM

View PostTapper, on 11 January 2015 - 10:56 PM, said:

They didn't in week 1. Since then, they shuffled their defense a bit, got the running game going a bit more, involved their 3rd, 4th and 5th receivers a lot more (Davonte Adams especially) but also saw Rodgers get hurt. While I don't think he was as badly hurt as the media made out (his production hasn't dipped that much and he's nowhere near as static as Peyton Manning) that will still suck against the Seahawks.

They have a shot, but I'd say 60/40 in favor of the Seahawks, and I'll say no-one except maybe the Patriots have better odds against the Seahawks. At the very least, when Wilson comes out of his rookie contract, they might be having some cap issues with all those quality defenders they have (had) to lock up.

Patriots would need to find a defence and a running game, to beat any team in the Super bowl, if they can make it.

Wilson will probably become the highest paid QB in the league soon, cutting Percy Harvin saved us some money and I think this is probably Beast Mode's last year.
What Would Jack Do ?

#203 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:28 AM

That might have looked like a catch, it might even be stupid that it's not a catch. But if you're going to the ground during a catch and you don't control the ball, it's an incomplete pass. It's been a rule for 4 years now and they've been calling it that way since then.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#204 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:09 AM

View PostTapper, on 11 January 2015 - 10:56 PM, said:

They didn't in week 1. Since then, they shuffled their defense a bit, got the running game going a bit more, involved their 3rd, 4th and 5th receivers a lot more (Davonte Adams especially) but also saw Rodgers get hurt. While I don't think he was as badly hurt as the media made out (his production hasn't dipped that much and he's nowhere near as static as Peyton Manning) that will still suck against the Seahawks.

They have a shot, but I'd say 60/40 in favor of the Seahawks, and I'll say no-one except maybe the Patriots have better odds against the Seahawks.At the very least, when Wilson comes out of his rookie contract, they might be having some cap issues with all those quality defenders they have (had) to lock up.

read your PMs
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#205 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:38 PM

Yes, but I think it rides on two things.

1) Don't turn the ball over. Rodgers is playing at an insane level, but that Seattle secondary is a beast, not to mention the possibility for fumbles. If they can hang onto the ball, the Packers offense can certainly move and score.

BTW, one thing about the "didn't throw at Sherman" in week one thing. Sherman spent the entire game covering Jarret Boykin, a guy who ended up having zero impact for the Packers offense all season. I don't know what his future will be, but I don't think he's going to be a guy for the Packers going forward.

2) The media is focusing on the Seattle D and Aaron Rodgers' calf, but for me this game I think is all about the Green Bay Defense. They drafted guys like DE Datone Jones and got all those linebackers to be light and mobile to get after the NFC West guys Wilson and Kaepernickelalele. This is also NOT the same defense that the Seahawks saw in week 1 by any stretch of the imagination. If the Green Bay defense can play to the level they are capable of and get a key turnover or two, the Packers have a chance.

It won't be easy - any 49r fan will tell you that the 12th Man is a real pain in the arse, but I have faith my Packers can win this game.
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#206 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:32 AM

Go Pack! I am a lifelong fan, but I think they win this game 40% of the time. Seattle is very good, Rodgers is hurt. If they pull it off though, and win th Superbowl, I will have a clean football sweep for the year. My college team won, I won my fantasy league, only the superbowl is left.
Error: Signature not valid

#207 User is offline   Daser 

• First Sword

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:01 PM

I would like a Seattle - Colts Superbowl, but i think Seattle - Patriots are more likely.

Anyway it is going to be 2 good games this weekend.

#208 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:50 AM

I would like a Packers Patriots Superbowl because I think the rematch on a neutral field would be the best drama (and best football game). If it had to be Seattle, I still think the Patriots would be the better game. Indy is too much like GB but without a running game and a more questionable defense against Russel Wilson.

I think Packers vs. Patriots would be too close to call but I actually fear the Pats would win the rematch.

Packers vs Colts would be a Packers win, but closer than I would like.

Seahawks vs Patriots would also be close, but I think the Seahawks would prevail.

Seahawks vs Colts I'm afraid would be a horse slaughterhouse.

Of course, that makes the Seahawks sound like the best team, and well, they are until somebody proves that wrong. I hope it's Green Bay this week!
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#209 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:28 AM

I would be hard pressed to come up with a second favorite team, much less a 5th. I am more likely to choose who to root against rather than who to root for.

#210 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:47 AM

I'd prefer watching Green Bay, Aaron Rodgers play New England, Tom Brady.

I think it would be a sick game, and hopefully one of those games that go down as one of those 'best games ever.'

Don't get me wrong, I think the seahawks have a game plan that's pretty unbeatable, and it might be some time before teams find a way to counter it.

But it's just no fun to watch for a non fan. It's pretty much feed Lynch the ball, fake Lynch the ball and pass if the defense comes up, or Wilson just runs if if they stay back. Rinse repeat.

I do.enjoy watching them on defense though, but Wilson is young, and will have many days in the sun.

I want to see what might be one of the last great Superbowl games between two of the best QBs to ever play the game.

Brady don't have many more seasons in him. Rodgers is still in his prime.

Oh yeah.....the Colts. Luck is my pick for ending up as possibly the single greatest QB ever, barring and injury, but he's not quite there yet. Not that he should be in only his 3rd year. But that goes to show how good this kid could end up.

So just like I said about Wilson, Luck will have his time. I want to see Brady and Rodgers put on a passing clinic. The buzz about a Green Bay/New England game would be great entertainment.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#211 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:24 PM

Just watched that, pretty sneaky...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#212 User is offline   Grumble 

Posted 18 January 2015 - 11:56 PM

Can't believe what I have seen tonight !

Just been a really emotional time for me lately ..... my best friend, who I used to watch games with on a Sunday evening, passed away unexpectedly 10 days ago ..... feels like my team got a bit of extra help from above tonight !

Great game ! Russell Wilson not the only person in tears at the end of the game !
What Would Jack Do ?

#213 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:04 AM

Hey sorry to hear about your friend Grumble. Hope you're doing OK.

Still don't want the Seahawks to win like...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#214 User is offline   Grumble 

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:13 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 19 January 2015 - 12:04 AM, said:

Hey sorry to hear about your friend Grumble. Hope you're doing OK.

Still don't want the Seahawks to win like...

Cheers mate ..... I forgive you !
What Would Jack Do ?

#215 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:18 AM

#216 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:12 PM

View PostGrumble, on 18 January 2015 - 11:56 PM, said:

Great game ! Russell Wilson not the only person in tears at the end of the game !

Got that right. :p

#217 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:19 PM

#218 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:06 AM

The Pats didn't beat the Colts because of under inflated footballs, they beat the shit out of them because they dominated them in every aspect of the game.

They might get reprimanded in some way, but I doubt anything big happens. They're sure as shit not gonna replay games.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#219 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:50 AM

I feel sorry for the Colts the next time they play the Patriots. Belidick doesn't forget and holds grudges. He will try to embarrass them.

#220 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:40 PM

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

7 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users