• You cannot reply to this topic

Clash Of Clans

#41 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:35 PM

View PostTisteon Simeonus, on 23 June 2014 - 08:09 PM, said:

Hi guys thanks for that. Purely based on the fact that he responded first I think I will join Venge's clan (I managed to find it!) Give me a day or two to sort things out in my current clan (I'm not a complete douche I want to tell them why I'm leaving/promote a new leader etc.) I don't want you to get rid of anyone for me though so if there are issues let me know and I can request to join Tatts' :p

Also I am on the app "Touch" as Anomandaris KOC (if you use that) I find it good to talk strategy (easier than the in game chat function anyway) and people can also contact each other if you need to but they are offline. Something to think about. :p

Some of the other users may be on touch. I am on google plus. I believe that we are connected on their. I should probably make a Clash group for discussion purposes
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#42 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:48 PM

Tisteon if you join before wednesday you will be in this weeks war.

#43 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:49 AM

So im trying this out, it kind of reminds me of old school Utopia, but is there any way to get more builders without using gems and if not, is there any way to get more gems without buying them with real cash/doing achievements?
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#44 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:15 AM

View PostObdigore, on 24 June 2014 - 02:49 AM, said:

So im trying this out, it kind of reminds me of old school Utopia, but is there any way to get more builders without using gems and if not, is there any way to get more gems without buying them with real cash/doing achievements?

Yes but it takes a long time! You can get gems by clearing trees/rocks etc. Not all of them have gems in too! Occasionally a gem box appears. Your best bet is to get as many achievements done as you can. No other way to get builders AFAIK.

Venge - will sort it out today.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#45 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:33 PM

View PostTisteon Simeonus, on 24 June 2014 - 05:15 AM, said:

Yes but it takes a long time! You can get gems by clearing trees/rocks etc. Not all of them have gems in too! Occasionally a gem box appears. Your best bet is to get as many achievements done as you can. No other way to get builders AFAIK.

Venge - will sort it out today.

ok

#46 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:37 PM

Doing achievements is quite easy as you go along you will just hit them as you go along. If you don't use your gems for anything to start off with you should be able to get 500 gems for the 3rd builder pretty quickly. The fourth is 1000 gems and can take a bit longer.

#47 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:44 PM

I had 4 free builders at start of play today, and the cheapest things cost in excess of a million and take days to complete
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#48 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:57 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 24 June 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

I had 4 free builders at start of play today, and the cheapest things cost in excess of a million and take days to complete

Yeah I have gone a week with out being able to put any builders to work. Everything costs so much that it just takes time to get the resources to build it. So yeah once you have 4 builders you almost don't need them. Save up and get 3 as fast as you can because if you can do it early enough then you can get built up early faster and it is worth it.

#49 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:46 PM

I too rarely use all 3 at once. My cheapest things are about 800k gold right now. Level 3 dragons will cost me 3m gold and l3 PEKKAS will be 6m. An upgrade for the Barbarian King is 20000 Dark Elixir. Takes me ages to upgrade anything.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#50 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:01 AM

So, if I get attacked, do they actually destroy my buildings, or just steal my resources?

IE should I try to protect my entire base, or just uber-fortify my resource storage/buldings?
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#51 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:08 AM

View PostObdigore, on 25 June 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

So, if I get attacked, do they actually destroy my buildings, or just steal my resources?

IE should I try to protect my entire base, or just uber-fortify my resource storage/buldings?

There are 3 different types of bases you can have.

Farming Base
Trophy Base
Hybrid Base

Farming means you are collecting resources, whether it be Elixir, Gold or Dark Elixir, whichever one you are saving must be your main protection, ie center of your base. You put the Town Hall (TH) on the outside so it is easily attacked by people who are just looking for trophies, to get to a higher league.

A trophy base is one in which it is hard for people to get 1 star on, ie it is hard for them to destroy 50% of your base, the town hall is well protected and you use the resource buildings (lots of HP) to protect your defenses and make sure they do maximum damage for a longer period of time.

A hybrid base is one in which you want to get trophies and protect your elxir/gold/dark. That means you put the TH on the outside of your base and protect it with Mortars and Hidden Teslas and Giant bombs, making it costly for the people who just want to take they townhall, then you maximise defenses surrounding the particular resource you want to protect, ie if you are saving for level 2 dragon you would want to protect the pink elixir.

#52 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:24 AM

So Since I'm trying to level up and don't really care about attacking other people, I should build a 'Farm' style base, right?

But my Town Hall on the outside so people just looking for that can get it but make getting my resources punishing?

edit: you didn't answer my initial question. I'm assuing if I'm attacked and they destroy, say, a cannon or something, I don't actually lose that cannon, right?

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 25 June 2014 - 09:25 AM

#53 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:27 AM

View PostObdigore, on 25 June 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

So Since I'm trying to level up and don't really care about attacking other people, I should build a 'Farm' style base, right?

But my Town Hall on the outside so people just looking for that can get it but make getting my resources punishing?

edit: you didn't answer my initial question. I'm assuing if I'm attacked and they destroy, say, a cannon or something, I don't actually lose that cannon, right?

Yeah that's right, they can destroy your whole base and get 3 stars, but your base is replenished next time you are on.

#54 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:46 AM

Whats a 'good' level keep for coming out of the beginner protection? I should be at 4 with all my defensive buildings built and some of them upgraded...

#55 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:00 AM

View PostObdigore, on 25 June 2014 - 09:46 AM, said:

Whats a 'good' level keep for coming out of the beginner protection? I should be at 4 with all my defensive buildings built and some of them upgraded...

What town hall do you have?

TH8 is optimum farming level, but you need to max out each level TH before that. At TH8 you can have many level 5 troops.

Dark troops are great, so I think you start to get them in TH7, your life has no colour until you unlock Hog riders because they are the best.

In terms of "leagues" it depends on what level TH you have. For TH8 I am finding Gold league 2 and 3 are great for loot and people not attacking me.

If you are lower than that then Silver 2 was great, but I have seen TH6's in Crystal League, they never get hit because their loot is too low.

#56 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:34 AM

Town Hall is 4, as I tried to state but apparently failed.

#57 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:07 AM

View PostObdigore, on 25 June 2014 - 10:34 AM, said:

Town Hall is 4, as I tried to state but apparently failed.

I would suggest focusing on getting your TH to around level 6, and then upgrading your archers as much as possible to farm elixir, but not move on from TH6 until you have everything maxed out.

#58 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:50 PM

View PostObdigore, on 25 June 2014 - 09:46 AM, said:

For my second account. I just maxed everything out before upgrading my townhall. By upgrading your walls and your mines and everything as high as you can each time. When you reach lv 6 then you won't have to spend a bunch of time maxing out buildings and instead can just concentrate on the new buildings. That has worked pretty well so far. Coming out of protection have your resources surrounded by your defenses and then walls. I personally included my Townhall in the middle. I also like to keep all of my other buildings around the walls so that every percentage of destruction costs someone troops.

#59 User is offline   pathos 

• Captain
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:57 PM

Hey Venge.

Still got space for us? the one guy didnt reply but the other guy seems keen.
You never have the same problem twice when you set it on fire

#60 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:53 PM

I tried to join your clan, Venge, but I don't have 1000 shield points (or whatever those are called) so it wouldn't let me!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

Share this topic:

• 42 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users