• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dark Souls II

#261 User is offline   Wolfdrop 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:31 AM

Fume Knight Greatsword is awesome, been catapulting people off ledges with it, pulled it off a couple of times on the Brotherhood of Blood bridge arena. I'm not too impressed with Alonne's greatsword though, seems really weak when it's not buffed, it probably needs more stat and upgrade investment on my part though.

#262 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 28 September 2014 - 12:31 PM

That was the last one I picked up so I've not used out much.

The Fume Sword is fun though.

Anybody used Nashandras soul for anything? Just wondered what the Bow of Want was like, or if it had something special going for it as it's stats don't look too spectacular.

Also, in one picture I've seen of the new dlc, the player is doing a leg sweep... new move for completion maybe?
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#263 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:12 AM

View PostTraveller, on 27 September 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

Id save the dragon bones for some of the dlc boss soul weapon upgrades.

Thanks, will do.

I upgraded my washing pole and infused with magic, just because I had so much fun with it in DS1, but it's damage is underwhelming :)

The bloody Drakekeepers didn't drop the Drakekeeper's Shield and I farmed them to extinction :) I'm not sure it's worth an ascetic though as I'm going to pick up the Defender's Shield soon enough. Plus, the Ancient Dragon is proving problematic to kill...

I'm up around SL 163 now, 53 INT, 50 ATT, 25 DEX, 20 STR, 16(ish) VIT, 30 FTH

Doing the memories currently. Looking forward to the DLC content :)

This post has been edited by Malaclypse: 29 September 2014 - 10:12 AM

#264 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:07 AM

I finished off the Ancient Dragon last.

It all comes down to timing though - and being light enough to able to run like fuck towards its tail as soon as it takes off. Armor is totally pointless, just grab the weapon that does the most damage and two-hand it.

The Shield of the Insolent is good if you need stamina boost - but looking at your stats you're going to use magic so I can't help you there.

I'm about SL 150 and I've completed the game and the dlc - so you shouldn't have any trouble with the dragon once you learn the pattern. Just aim to stick my its back right leg, and follow it when it leaps - hit it again when it lands, and bait its slow stomp attack.

Gets frustrating when the fire attack area overlaps with the arena edge though...

This post has been edited by Traveller: 29 September 2014 - 10:56 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#265 User is offline   Wolfdrop 

• Fist

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:07 AM

I did the ancient dragon as a magic user, just stand right in front of it so it does it's fire breathe attack, then run in cast some AoE spells then get back out. Ideally he shouldn't fly at all if you stay in front as him, plus you can keep firing off spells between his attacks. If he does fly, I'd just leg it to the fog door and hope for the best!

#266 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:55 PM

Thanks Traveller and Wolfdrop - last time I didn't make it to his back legs in time so if I were going to try that again, it would be sans armour. I was trying to do the 'scraps of life' strat which I was practicing on the lesser dragons in the Aerie with mixed results.

But I think I'll try Wolfdrop's suggestion next.

Cheers Guys!

#267 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:46 PM

He telegraphs that leap with a crouch, if you run to his tail at that point (he also turns slightly as he goes up) and jump as the fire catches up you should just get a singed backside.

Even using magic, once you're on on that back leg you can bait the stomp or tail slam and just keep hitting him.

Surely you can't just stand in front of him firing spells? Get a sword!

This post has been edited by Traveller: 29 September 2014 - 06:48 PM

#268 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:51 PM

Yeah, I have a sword - a magic moonlight greatsword +5 to be precise - I just tend to overcommit to attacking and don't get out of the way in time with my old-man reflexes :)

But yeah, I'll eventually grt it one way or the other, not to worry.

In any case, I skipped the Ancient Dragon and Vendrick and killed Nashandra - just been farming the Aerie for a while, thinking about delving into the Dark Chasms next :)

#269 User is offline   Wolfdrop 

• Fist

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:35 PM

Oh god, the Darklurker! Nightmare boss, not mention you need to clear all the chasms to face it, pay a human effigy every time and get past 4 NPCs including a Havel knight just to get to him!

#270 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:18 AM

View PostMalaclypse, on 30 September 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

Yeah, I have a sword - a magic moonlight greatsword +5 to be precise - I just tend to overcommit to attacking and don't get out of the way in time with my old-man reflexes :rant:

In any case, I skipped the Ancient Dragon and Vendrick and killed Nashandra - just been farming the Aerie for a while, thinking about delving into the Dark Chasms next :lol:

Go back to Vendrick when you have some Giant souls - they reduce his ridiculously high health to managable proportions. You get a fourth one when you beat the Ancient Dragon.

Take some fire into the Dark Chasm - Smelter Sword or pyros.

#271 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:19 AM

View PostMalaclypse, on 30 September 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

Yeah, I have a sword - a magic moonlight greatsword +5 to be precise - I just tend to overcommit to attacking and don't get out of the way in time with my old-man reflexes :rant:

In any case, I skipped the Ancient Dragon and Vendrick and killed Nashandra - just been farming the Aerie for a while, thinking about delving into the Dark Chasms next :lol:

Go back to Vendrick when you have some Giant souls - they reduce his ridiculously high health to managable proportions. You get a fourth one when you beat the Ancient Dragon.

Take some fire into the Dark Chasm - Smelter Sword or pyros.

I downloaded the update last night, I'll get the dlc after work if it's available.

#272 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:53 PM

the ancient dragon would be my 5th giant soul, and isn't it his damage resistance that it lowers - he starts with 32x normal defense and each giant sould halves it.

Thanks for the advice :rant:

#273 User is offline   Wolfdrop 

• Fist

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:13 PM

Last of the reskinned weapons to celebrate DLC is available until October 12th, it's a longsword with a blue moonlight esque blade, not great but looks awesome!

#274 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:10 PM

New dlc is pretty fun so far. Level design is along the lines of the last dlc which is good; frosting up as you move in the cold looks nice - I don't know if it actually slows you down though.

Just had a fight with a giant snow tiger, after reaching the third bonfire mark.

My Smelter Sword is proving useful, especially combined with my new Fire Clutch Ring.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 03 October 2014 - 12:20 PM

#275 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:27 PM

Lots of frozen, inaccessible chests around.. until now.

Just fought 3 Giants to get to a chest, which contained a Curved Nil Greatsword - a twisted black curved sword that apparently scales with each NG. It also does an awesome attack pattern when paired with another greatsword.

Also, I can't believe it happened, but I got caught by a Mimic - nearly jumped out of my chair. On the plus side I killed it and got a Symbol of Avarice - which you wear on your head, and looks like... a mimic chest with its tongue hanging out.

Looks freaky as hell but boosts soul/item drops.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 03 October 2014 - 12:28 PM

#276 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:51 PM

Is this the 3rd of four DLCs? If so ill wait for the bundle of this.

In other DS news I watched a guy do a soul level 1 run on ng+7 in Dark Souls 1. Everything is a 1 hit kill throughout. Yes ive been using my week off wisely :rant:

#277 User is offline   Inane Babble 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:26 PM

View Posttiam, on 03 October 2014 - 10:51 PM, said:

Is this the 3rd of four DLCs? If so ill wait for the bundle of this.

In other DS news I watched a guy do a soul level 1 run on ng+7 in Dark Souls 1. Everything is a 1 hit kill throughout. Yes ive been using my week off wisely :rant:

Third of 3 DLCs, Dark Souls 2 is now completely finished.

The Developers FROM software are working on a new game called Bloodborne. So it is unlikely it will get more, it MAY see some more DLC eventually, but nothing has been announced, and the story spanning this DLC has wrapped up so go get the bundle now, the DLC is easily the best parts of the game.

#278 User is offline   Wolfdrop 

• Fist

Posted 04 October 2014 - 09:00 AM

Just took down the Ivory King, awesome fight, this is definitely the hardest of the DLCs and the closest to the original in terms of exploration. Shulva, Brume Tower and Eleum Loyce are the game's best areas. I'm just abit gutted we don't get anything special for completing all 3, would have been awesome if we took the crowns to vendrick and got a bonus item of some sort.

#279 User is offline   Inane Babble 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 October 2014 - 09:58 AM

View PostWolfdrop, on 04 October 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

Just took down the Ivory King, awesome fight, this is definitely the hardest of the DLCs and the closest to the original in terms of exploration. Shulva, Brume Tower and Eleum Loyce are the game's best areas. I'm just abit gutted we don't get anything special for completing all 3, would have been awesome if we took the crowns to vendrick and got a bonus item of some sort.

Spoiler

#280 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:00 PM

View PostWolfdrop, on 04 October 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

So its all over then? I have a solid grasp of the DS1 plot but no clue about the DS2 one. If I get a season pass or something does that give me access to all the DLCs?

How do they compare to the oolacile DLC from DS1 in regards to size and difficulty?

Yeh Bloodborne looks very solid and ill probably be getting a ps4 for that reason.

Share this topic:

• 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users