• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dark Souls II

#241 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:19 PM

Only a few days to go for part 3...

Ice, snow, big new bosses, and a meeting with King Vendrick for a surprise... looks like you get something nice if you've collected all 3 crowns.

Also, this is the largest of the dlcs yet.

This could be really good.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 21 September 2014 - 08:31 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#242 User is offline   Wolfdrop 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:19 PM

Looking forward to this, there's also Bloodborne coming February 6th, going to be picking up a PS4 before the end of the year for Dragon Age and Witcher.

#243 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 22 September 2014 - 04:40 AM

Yep, Ps4 for Christmas hopefully... Witcher looks good but Bloodborne decided it.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 22 September 2014 - 04:40 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#244 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:54 PM

Dlc delayed until end of the month - or Oct 1 for ps3.

#245 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:50 PM

I'm pleased that I have a bunch of DLC content to look forward to ;)

I managed to solo the Skeleton Lords on bonfire intensity 2 after a few tries so I'm rocking the clear bluestone ring +2 now :D

closing in on SL 120, just pumping attunement though I am tempted to level STR &/or DEX a bit in order to use a 'cool' weapon but I am trying to resist the temptation as it's not likely to be worth it - maybe after SL 150...

Just heading into the Shrine of Amanna...

#246 User is offline   Wolfdrop 

• Fist

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:09 PM

Shrine of Amanna is a bit of nightmare the first time through, a bow and poison arrows will really help out with the sorceresses!

#247 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:24 PM

cool, I'm handy with my lightning short bow, may have to stock up on poison arrows a bit...

This post has been edited by Malaclypse: 23 September 2014 - 09:41 PM

#248 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:36 AM

I'm now thinking of shooting for the Blue Flame as my 'cool' weapon. My attunement is at 40 so 10 levels just for 1 more slot seems less valuable than getting DEX to 15 (from 9). Then I might spread out some levels on long-neglected stats. Thoughts?

This post has been edited by Malaclypse: 24 September 2014 - 11:54 AM

#249 User is offline   Wolfdrop 

• Fist

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:37 PM

I used Blue Flame for a while, it needs twinkling titanite to upgrade which is always a minus.

You can use it to cast sorcery with the strong attack but it's a bit underwhelming as a catalyst compared to something like the Staff of Amanna/Staff of Wisdom. it's also kinda weak as a melee weapon, so I'de rather have my staff and a melee weapon and just switch.

That said, I've seen some people dual wield them and use crystal magic weapon with the strong attack to enchant the opposite hand.

It's a cool weapon but I found it pretty underwhelming.

#250 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:31 PM

I've been saving my twinkling - there's no way I'm gonna forsake crystal soul spear for the moonlight greatsword so the blue flame is the next best alternative and its heaps cooler that the flame longsword :) The truth is that I don't really need a melee weapon but I feel I must have one and have it not be generic. I may go a bit DEX-crazy at this point so I can use the Blackbow etc.

#251 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:28 PM

View PostMalaclypse, on 24 September 2014 - 06:31 PM, said:

I've been saving my twinkling - there's no way I'm gonna forsake crystal soul spear for the moonlight greatsword so the blue flame is the next best alternative and its heaps cooler that the flame longsword :) The truth is that I don't really need a melee weapon but I feel I must have one and have it not be generic. I may go a bit DEX-crazy at this point so I can use the Blackbow etc.

I played a pure mage and got a melee weapon to save on castings for lesser foes. I got the minumum stats for a +10 poison rapier which did passable damage considering it had no points sunk into it really. Did more damage than a fully upgraded blue flame and no twinkling which is good. It always felt like a waste using blue flame to cast as the damage was so much lower. If your going Dex then I think the Sun sword has the same moveset as the Balder Side Sword from DS1 which is a belter.

Might play DS2 again actually.

#252 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:11 AM

yeah, upgraded it to +3 then realized I don't like the moveset :)

ah well, it's still pretty cool...

change of plan - I guess I will get the Moonlight Greatsword instead of CSS, though it pains me to do so.

Gonna pick up Manslayer when I get home and maybe think about getting STR to 25 for Enchanted Avelyn fun - I love Avelyn :)

This post has been edited by Malaclypse: 25 September 2014 - 02:26 PM

#253 User is offline   Wolfdrop 

• Fist

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:38 PM

Not sure if anyone else has been following Lords of the Fallen, it looked like it was going to be a pretty looking souls clone but it's shaping up to be a great game in its own right and another reason to go next gen.

While Bloodborne is going the Van Helsing route this ones sticking firmly to fantasy with some nice features, extra rewards for beating bosses in a certain way etc.

Check out this article for a direct comparison to the souls game

#254 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:58 PM

It does look good.. I was kind of hoping someone would use the Souls games as a template, and try to bring something new to the formula.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 26 September 2014 - 05:00 PM

#255 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:51 PM

When was Bloodborne announced? This is the first time I'm hearing 'bout it. Also looks like it will only get a ps4 release which is sad. I also haven't really looked into any of the Dark Souls DLC's but will probably buy em all at once at some point. It seems like you guys are having fun with em.
No Touchy.

#256 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:15 PM

I've had more fun with the dlcs than I had with the game itself. Although to be fair, the dlcs also made me want to revisit certain areas for stuff I missed, and I've enjoyed that too.

I don't mind Bloodborne being on ps4 only as I'm planning on getting one soon - it's just another added incentive.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 26 September 2014 - 08:16 PM

#257 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:04 AM

UPDATE:

Soul Level 152,

INT 53, ATT 43 (for a second cast of Soul Geyser), Simpleton's Spice on Soul Geyser down to 53, Skeptic's Spice on Great Lightning Spear down to 30, Magic Moonlight Greatsword +5, Dark Black Witch's Staff +10, Dark Hunter's Blackbow +8 (just need to finish off Dragon Aerie to get it to +10), Hexer's Hood +5, Lion Mage Cuffs +10 (or Jester's Gloves +7, Penal Handcuffs +2), Chaos Robe and boots +2

Haven't got all the way through Dragon Aerie yet so will pick up the Drakekeeper's Shield soon and upgrade the shit out of that before getting the Defender's Shield.

I'm pretty happy with this and am starting to feel genuinely powerful :)

leaving STR at 20 and plan to equip ring of strength and offhand avelyn when unexpectedly invaded :)

This post has been edited by Malaclypse: 27 September 2014 - 10:16 AM

#258 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:08 PM

though I'm playing around with the shield crossbow, it is fun but I'm thinking that there will be good reasons not to pursue it. Thoughts anybody?

#259 User is offline   Wolfdrop 

• Fist

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:08 PM

It's pretty dire and a waste of those precious dragon bones! The first DLC actually has 2 dark based crossbows aimed at hexers, they've got orb like special attacks too!

#260 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:50 PM

Id save the dragon bones for some of the dlc boss soul weapon upgrades.

Share this topic:

• 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users