• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Podcasts What are you listening to?

#61 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 March 2020 - 06:52 PM

The Thomas Jefferson Hour podcast. It's worth checking out. Give it a try.

https://jeffersonhour.com/

#62 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 02 March 2020 - 06:39 PM

I was listening to Last Podcast On The Left, but they moved to being Spotify exclusive. I'm not getting Spotify just for one podcast.

The podcast I've listened to for the longest is Hello Internet
I'd been a watcher of CGP Grey's videos on youtube for a long time and found the podcast through there. To me it's consistently entertaining.

I also listen to:
The Specter
Citations Needed
USSP (including Proles of the Round Table until it ended, This Proletarian Life, Red Book Club, and Red Game Table)
Revolutionary Left Radio
Marx Madness
Cortex (another podcast with CGP Grey)
beep beep lettuce
Hammer & Camera
Freakonomics Radio
The Great War Podcast
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#63 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 02 March 2020 - 07:14 PM

View PostKanese S, on 02 March 2020 - 06:39 PM, said:

I was listening to Last Podcast On The Left, but they moved to being Spotify exclusive. I'm not getting Spotify just for one podcast.

Podcasts on Spotify don't require a paid-account though. You just need the app. It's still free.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#64 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 02 March 2020 - 08:47 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 02 March 2020 - 07:14 PM, said:

View PostKanese S, on 02 March 2020 - 06:39 PM, said:

Podcasts on Spotify don't require a paid-account though. You just need the app. It's still free.

Yeah, but I refuse to use Spotify due to their treatment of artists.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#65 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 07 January 2021 - 11:30 AM

A History of the World in 100 Objects

If anyone likes history, I recommend this. All 100 episodes are on BBC Sounds at the moment :)
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#66 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 11 May 2022 - 03:57 PM

I've begun re-listening to Welcome to Nightvale.

I don't remember why I stopped following the show. Maybe it went on hiatus? Anyway I can see there's more than 200 episodes now and they're airing new episodes biweekly.

I'd forgotten how great the production and the narration is. Just hearing the theme music again is very nostalgic.

#67 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 11 May 2022 - 04:14 PM

View PostAptorian, on 11 May 2022 - 03:57 PM, said:

I've begun re-listening to Welcome to Nightvale.

I don't remember why I stopped following the show. Maybe it went on hiatus? Anyway I can see there's more than 200 episodes now and they're airing new episodes biweekly.

I'd forgotten how great the production and the narration is. Just hearing the theme music again is very nostalgic.

Same... I loved this show a few years ago and just kind of stopped listening. Maybe it was around the time i got Audible...
Similar story to the Beef and Dairy Network podcast. That was hilarious!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#68 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 30 March 2023 - 05:26 PM

I started listening to the Ten Very Big Books podcast where three people go through the MBotF series bit by bit. One of the guys has read it before and the other guy and the girl have never read it. It's great to hear people discovering it and you can tell they're friends because some of their banter is quite good fun.

However. The girl, India, is not enjoying it thus far. Which is fine, a lot of people struggle initially with GOTM. But she seems to not even care about trying. Like the other guy will ask a question and she'll just be a bit like "I dunno" or "I got nothing from this chapter."

I presume she's going to get a bit better at I know they manage to get SE on the show and also some other guests and I think they finished all 10, but it's quite annoying to have someone clearly not making any notes for discussion or anything.

I'm going to keep listening though because I'm enjoying hearing about the books from other people's perspective.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#69 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 31 March 2023 - 01:42 AM

I listen to
Smartless,
Conan O'Brien needs a friend,
The problem with jon Stewart,
The al Franklin podcast,
It's always sunny podcast,
Worlds greatest con,
Fly on the wall,
Weird place
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#70 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist

Posted 02 April 2023 - 08:55 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 30 March 2023 - 05:26 PM, said:

I started listening to the Ten Very Big Books podcast where three people go through the MBotF series bit by bit. One of the guys has read it before and the other guy and the girl have never read it. It's great to hear people discovering it and you can tell they're friends because some of their banter is quite good fun.

However. The girl, India, is not enjoying it thus far. Which is fine, a lot of people struggle initially with GOTM. But she seems to not even care about trying. Like the other guy will ask a question and she'll just be a bit like "I dunno" or "I got nothing from this chapter."

I presume she's going to get a bit better at I know they manage to get SE on the show and also some other guests and I think they finished all 10, but it's quite annoying to have someone clearly not making any notes for discussion or anything.

I'm going to keep listening though because I'm enjoying hearing about the books from other people's perspective.

Love that podcast, I'm doing a 're-listening' of the books now, listening a chapter, and afterwards the part of the podcast episode about it. The recaps also help me catch up with parts that I missed. Know what you mean about India, but for me it's ok that there is someone who doesnt like the books all the time. She is still there at Dust of Dreams, so she made it still though.

#71 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 03 April 2023 - 12:59 AM

Ah great, good to know. In fairness since writing that, I've listened to a couple more episodes and I'm getting way more into it. It's a lot of fun!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#72 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist

Posted 03 April 2023 - 04:55 PM

Cool you like it. And great that SE comes to talk with them after every book.

#73 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 01 May 2023 - 09:11 PM

Got through the first 2 episodes of The Friendship Onion with Dominic Monaghan and Billy Boyd (aka Merry and Pippin. But if I have to tell you that then you probably won’t enjoy it as much).

I’m not a huge podcast guy. I have trouble zoning in, my mind tends to wander while driving, but I’m thoroughly enjoying this. It’s not all about LOTR, although they talk about it frequently.

I could listen to these two talk about literally anything for an hour. They’re hilarious and you can tell how much they actually enjoy each other.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users