Malazan Empire: Slow mafia 1 spoilers - Malazan Empire

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Slow mafia 1 spoilers Battle of the pensioners.

#61 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:03 PM

Sorry Grief, misread your post earlier. Thought you were taking Emur out. Does lynch go to 9 now, instead of 10? Or does it stay as it was, since this was a late kill with 8 votes already.

#62 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:10 PM

Emur out is good, I got distracted by dinner is all :)

Have you heard back from Tapper at all?

I think it's best to just leave it as 10 votes to lynch, they've got plenty of time and plenty of people that it should be no problem, and with him sittig on L-2 anyway, suddenly making that L-1 seems a bit unnecessary.

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#63 User is offline   Stalker 

• Soletaken
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:11 PM

Grief said:

1383606121[/url]' post='1094638']
Ruse getting lynched ought to make the game interesting. Also scum not starting strongly will balance any modkills which is good, and it's not gonna be enough that scum will be completely screwed either.

It's at the stage where him not being lynched will look more suspicious than anything else, so attempting a de-rail would most likely backfire.

Galain should realise he needs to be on the train, he did a good job of voting Ruse the other day. It's too late for him to be one of the ones actively pushing and not just voting for a lynch though.

What scum really needed today was an early push on someone else, try and argue there's better stuff to go on and get Ruse dismissed as day one stuff.

Omtose playing low key might key the scum into him being roled too, it's always good to look for the people trying to survive too much.

Yeah definitely. It is good that balance will be mostly maintained despite an early scum slip. There were a few other cases, but no one scum really made a push on them. I'm not sure how effective that would have been anyway, since people seem fixated on Ruse, but it would have been a better option than nothing.

I also think that the paired healers are playing well. The way Dolmen as Thyrllan is playing doesn't make it seem like a first mafia game, so I'm impressed. I think this slow style makes a great intro into the game. Plenty of time between posts to think about stuff, and read up on other games, etc.

This post has been edited by Stalker: 04 November 2013 - 11:11 PM

#64 User is offline   Stalker 

• Soletaken

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:12 PM

Grief said:

1383606608[/url]' post='1094642']
Emur out is good, I got distracted by dinner is all :)

Have you heard back from Tapper at all?

I think it's best to just leave it as 10 votes to lynch, they've got plenty of time and plenty of people that it should be no problem, and with him sittig on L-2 anyway, suddenly making that L-1 seems a bit unnecessary.

No response yet. I sent them thought H&M so you'll see them too, if Tapper responds.

And I agree on the votes. I was leaning that way, but wasn't sure, so I didn't update the lynch count in that post. When it doubt, leave it out heh.

#65 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:27 AM

Really M&P isn't a particularly difficult concept. People always seem kind of surprised when new players play well, but in my memory it's not uncommon. It's just pretty spectacular when it goes wrong. He is having a good game so far though :)

Other than newer people sometimes getting tunnel visioned (which never happens to the vets right?), the main thing I think is reacting under pressure, getting the right tone there seems to be where newer people mess up more (I mean, pressure is still an effective tactic amongst the vets after all). It'll be interesting to see how he handles his partner getting heat, and himself if he gets more.

I'd think having a more experienced partner ought to be a benefit to his play, assuming they communicate actively.

Cougar said:

worry said:

#66 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:17 PM

Tapper has responded saying it's probably for the best if he's modkilled, so I'm doing that.

Some PM's:

Meanas, on 05 November 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

View PostD, on 05 November 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

ninja delete of out of alt, this is why I hate playing alted.

if I wasn't doing the exact same thing as Tennes Id be pointing and yelling at him for that post.

we have to get rid because we wont get any traction on other cases until its sorted out. Just a pity we're wasting day 2 after the farcical day 1.

Well, that's Mac alted. You're my D3 lynch favourite. And you better not be the other symp.

Kaschan, on 05 November 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

About as helpful as I'd expect you to be.

HP did latch on to the finder comment, I didn't even notice it when until I read his reply. (shows a lot about my reading comprehension skills at the moment)

#67 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:20 AM

Mockra said:

1383687416[/url]']
Spoiler shit

Who knew that I could generate so much hate or love with only a few posts. I guess it really doesn't matter how much you post as long as your posts are the ones that are read. Which means that most of the crap that is on the thread is even more moronic then the shit that I spewed. Hahahaha... How long until I am night killed?

Of course if Ruse does happen to be scum then there are several people who have tried to get a lynch going on other targets. Meaning they will need a serious ( or in my case ) not very serious looking at.

Galain said:

1383693230[/url]']
Alright, time to take a chance. If this goes horribly wrong I'm going to be accused of derailing from your lynch, but there are enough people indicating doubt about your lynch that I should get away with it.

Galain is right that if (and more likely when) ruse dies and comes back scum, that this last minute L-2 case is going to be looked at closely. Will be interesting to see what happens anyway.

#68 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:27 AM

For night 2:

Killers- kill Korv

It turns out that I can't edit your posts or mine, Grief. I think it is a permission issue in this specific sub-forum, not related to user permissions.

#69 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

Should have fixed the issue now. I'd assumed that having mod powers in an area automatically included any subforums but apparently not.

Cougar said:

worry said:

#70 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

Also, seems like a mistake for Starling/Galain to think there's enough for a de-rail. Less focus on trying to save Ruse, more on trying to salvage scum and go forward is what she needs. Even if she did save him, the odds of it not coming back around after a de-rail from L-2 (particularly with lots needed to lynch) aren't good anyhow.

Of course, figuring out how to act in relation to your partner at a given point is one of the difficult parts of being scum.

She's not gone overboard, so it might not be disastrous, it's just not as good as position as she could have. I think she'd have been better just to stuck with her earlier line about not being hugely convinced but thinking Ruse is distracting, and went for him.

Will certainly be interesting to see how it unfolds.

Cougar said:

worry said:

#71 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:07 PM

Symp thoughts

Meanas said:

1383824077[/url]']
And Galain has found himself in the firing line. Sheesh. Don't try and deflect from your partner when they're playing like that FFS. And Bubba, WTF was that play all about?

Chances of a find on G? Pretty high. No reason for the finder not to reveal with one killer left.

So I need to do a fake reveal as finder. Serc perhaps, or whoever I was gunning for yesterday (can't actually remember with this many alts.) BCS someone says "You can't be because I am." or I say my choice, they're lynched and CF town, oh I must be paranoid, continue. Mustn't go for roled town to avoid a genuine counter reveal. And of course have read up previous reveals/fakes so I can pull together a believable one. Unfortunately, time may be very limited - finder would, IMO, in these circumstances with a positive result be on thread fast. WCS of course Galain NKs me and gets lynched tomorrow. Reveal could be seen as deflecting too, shit.

Edit: Nevermind, they're doing a great job without me throwing a spanner in.

And an apology for poor bubba

D said:

1383816030[/url]']
well shit, that didn't pan out as i expected.

truly sorry bubba, I never envisioned such a response to a day one random vote. Holy fuck sticks.

#72 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

The Vig is thinking. Obvious choices due to derailment attempt, and a case against the only town that has a kill. Let's see if anyone actually gets picked. Serc would survive, if chosen and Omtose confirms, while Galain is thr right choice.

Kaschan said:

1383835226[/url]']
Hmm do I vig Galain or Serc, or would that just cause more confusion. Decisions...

#73 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:57 PM

Yeah, Galain could be in a tight spot. I think they may ignore the people who disagreed really strongly, it'd make sense anyhow.

Otoh, if she manages to survive a few lynches, people often start saying "Welp, we've went for the de-railers, let's look at who might be distancing".

That vig could just straight up end it though. Kasch could just hold onto it ofc.

Cougar said:

worry said:

#74 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

As the actions stand:

Kill is Korv.
No vig so far.
Healers are healing Serc (if there's no confirmation, this heal does go through, since only one of them has submitted a choice).

Galain, on 07 November 2013 - 06:59 AM, said:

Sorry my friend, I'm throwing you under the bus to save myself.

Should've done this earlier.

Also not sure Meanas fake revealing would really help much in the long run. Might cause confusion, could just give town the idea they're on the right path...

Some thoughts from Thyr and his action:

Thyrllan, on 07 November 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

Korv and Telas are the only ones that clearly avoided the Ruse vote. SCUMMY SCUM! ....I think?

Also how awesome was that lynch? Now I know everything Korv and Telas did was a smoke screen or an attempt at derailment.
Anyone that tried to implicate them may be safe from an NK, that would be too obvious. My gut says we heal Serc since Gamelon is the odd one out. killing Serc might make Korv and Telas look alot more innocent shoving blame onto Gamelon.

Heal Serc

-Grief.

This post has been edited by Hugin & Munin: 07 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

#75 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

Yup Mac there is a dog somewhere with a sore bunghole.....Shit happens, so no love loss from me my friend.

I knew I was dead the second I logged in and seen the vote, So for those wondering about my play style, I played to leave town with nothing. No leads , no direction from me turning up scum. Nothing.

I assumed Driss was a symp, but i didn't know who the other was, so I didn't want to risk making any case that may end up hurting team scum.

#76 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:45 PM

HP is a threat...

Galain said:

1383850526[/url]']
Hey H&M, can I change the kill?

NK Hoods Path

Galain said:

1383850747[/url]']
Korvalain is a fairly decent lynch target for today, and I have no connection at all to Hood's Path, but he looks like he's going to be a driving force in the next game day, and I want him gone.

We never said anything about ironman actions, so looks like HP is going down instead.

And the Vig withholds

Kaschan said:

1383857214[/url]']
No night action for me, thanks. I'm going to hang onto it. Which might be stupid in case I don't survive, but it might come in handy later. *fingers crossed*

This post has been edited by Hugin & Munin: 07 November 2013 - 08:52 PM

#77 User is offline   Hugin & Munin 

• Caw caw caw

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

Ok so I updated the NA stuff in the third post, but to recap-
No Vig
Kill HP, since it changed
Heal Serc

We haven't heard if Omtose wants to confirm that heal so I'll hold off on resolving for now. I imagine it will still be Serc since they won't have a change to talk about it. If you want to resolve, Grief, then that's fine too.

-stalker

#78 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

Nah, Omtose hasn't confirmed so no resolve yet. I'll maybe mention to them after tonight that provisionals to agree with their partner would save time though, if they want to do that.

I never much like it when people choose to NK people just because it looks like they'll be involved, but tactically she wants to avoid having people around who are strongly pushing looking at the de-railers. She could've gone for whoever specifically mentioned her earlier too (Tennes?).

Cougar said:

worry said:

#79 User is offline   Stalker 

• Soletaken

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:20 PM

Yeah, agreed. I do think that the kill needed to be changed though. Some people mentioned Korv, so it is better to leave that alt alive as someone who will draw heat. Any advantage helps out since people are interested in derailers now that ruse was scum.

#80 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:57 PM

Oh yeah, changing the kill is totally allowed, I didn't mean it to be otherwise. Though since it was confirmed, if everyone else had confirmed their actions before it being changed, she'd have been out of luck.

Cougar said:

worry said:

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users