• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 103 - Codex Alera Game Thread

#341 User is offline   Demelain 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:59 AM

Theres already so many people that are hardly posting, adding new alts does seem a little unfair...

#342 User is offline   Korbas 

• Recruit

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:09 AM

View PostFener, on 27 June 2013 - 08:45 AM, said:

And I survived the night too. Just on quickly and not even much to catch up on it seems.

View PostKorbas, on 27 June 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

I know we will get lynches but we already new there was 2 extra alts compared to players playing. If there was only one Vord Queen for example and we lynched her day one then that would defeat the game a little wouldn't you think? I think to combat this we may need to get a few extra votes in, or did day timeout once we reached the lynch limit?

The Vord have two VCs - eliminate all others or infest all. That suggests to me one Vord has a recruit mechanic and another (others?) advance the crouch. A Day 1 loss of the Queen doesn't eliminate them then, the other VC is still their.

The new alt is interesting and needs to have some pressure.

Vote Tiamatha

I agree, the likelihood of a player waiting out day one without playing is slim. Do we reduce the numbers now whilst there is a large number of us or do we try and figure out what is happening?

#343 User is offline   Korbas 

• Recruit

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:14 AM

22 alts have posted at least once I think. Barghast, Venesara, only twice.

I am not overly concerned at low posting but someone must be managing at lease two alts which is a hard thing to do. The onus should be on everyone to up their game and make it difficult for this person to hide.

#344 User is offline   Monok Ochem 

• Recruit

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:18 AM

Well, I'm really interested in what the new alt, Tiamatha, has to say about how and why they are just now joining the game. I'm guessing it could be many, many things based on the TMDI being 10+. I'm guessing it could have had something to do with Fener surviving the lynch. It could have something to do with an FM, which could be from which faction(s)? It could be part of the Vord infestation mechanic. For example, they spawn a new alt and leave it on a specific tile for whatever reason. The new alt could actually be one of the Vord jumping into a new alt, and leaving their old alt behind on a specific tile to infest or defend or whatever. It could be the spawn of the First Aleran faction as some type of defense or offense. It could be anything at this moment.

Fener, I'm still wanting to see proof of the claims you made about certain abilities, or you would still be up for another lynch attempt, but you could actually have been the one to spawn and jump into Tiamatha because you know you're getting heat. There's just so much for us to worry about and keep tabs on already, and it's only day 2. We need to hear from our newest guest ASAP.

#345 User is offline   Monok Ochem 

• Recruit

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:26 AM

View PostKorbas, on 27 June 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

I am not overly concerned at low posting but someone must be managing at lease two alts which is a hard thing to do. The onus should be on everyone to up their game and make it difficult for this person to hide.

Actually, before Tiamatha joined the game today, someone would have had to be controlling 3 alts, or two people controlling 2 alts each. Now that Tiamatha has joined, one player is either controlling up to 4 different alts, or some variation where 3 players control two alts each, or one player controlling the two extra alts from yesterday, and a different player is now controlling 2, or something. Then again, it could be we have mod puppets like we had in Mafia 100. TMDI is high enough for anything. We could have multiple players with multiple alts and mod puppets. It's too early to know much, so all we can do is speculate as much as possible and keep all options on the table for now.

#346 User is offline   Korbas 

• Recruit

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

View PostMonok Ochem, on 27 June 2013 - 09:26 AM, said:

View PostKorbas, on 27 June 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

Actually, before Tiamatha joined the game today, someone would have had to be controlling 3 alts, or two people controlling 2 alts each. Now that Tiamatha has joined, one player is either controlling up to 4 different alts, or some variation where 3 players control two alts each, or one player controlling the two extra alts from yesterday, and a different player is now controlling 2, or something. Then again, it could be we have mod puppets like we had in Mafia 100. TMDI is high enough for anything. We could have multiple players with multiple alts and mod puppets. It's too early to know much, so all we can do is speculate as much as possible and keep all options on the table for now.

My point is that there isn't enough time to fluently play with that many alts. Also if someone is playing with multiple alts and are trying to hide their identity then one player stood out to me over a re read...

#347 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:42 AM

View PostMonok Ochem, on 27 June 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

Fener, I'm still wanting to see proof of the claims you made about certain abilities, or you would still be up for another lynch attempt, but you could actually have been the one to spawn and jump into Tiamatha because you know you're getting heat. There's just so much for us to worry about and keep tabs on already, and it's only day 2. We need to hear from our newest guest ASAP.

As I said, I was in no position to provide proof before, Dawn 2 it still is. Given that we didn't see the individual actions that went to make the +5 & +3 on Shuar, when I can perform an action you won't see the - explicitly stated, it'll just be a lower + growth of croach. Mind you, the lack of growth in Elinarch goes against my expectations and is going to pin me down to being on that tile to have any affect for you, putting me down as a firm target if recruit is ranged.

Mind you, we have a lower growth today anyway - not an entirely passive ability perhaps. A mere +3 is a lot less that I was expecting to see. I like the idea of spawning an alt to hold a tile and (shock, speculation) the spawned alt gradually increase the croach on it. We have currently 153 tile capacity for crouch and only 8 infested, that's going to take one hell of a long time at +5/+3 unless the Vord have a mecahic to increase spread through recruits or an ability they're not using.

#348 User is offline   Korbas 

• Recruit

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:46 AM

View PostLiosan, on 26 June 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

Ok, looks like Rylll is trying to be even more edgyand controvertially stupid than Fener, to steel the lynch crown. Not sure which of 'em i'd prefer fro Day 1. prolly still fener, since he has defenders, whereas no one stepped up to back up Ryl yet.

I'll be on again later, gotta get back to work.

Okay I don't know, it was this post by Liosan and this one

View PostLiosan, on 26 June 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

View PostKorbas, on 26 June 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

If Vord start far left of the map do we think the two competing factions start around the middle and the First Aleran's far right? Just thinking this may be important at some point.

First Aleran prolly starts in Calderon. Loyalists start in the capital. Rebels prolly start in whichever's the third tile with a resist modifier active.

Words like prolly and use of grammar and mistakes. Clutching at straws maybe but it was the first thing I thought of when I was thinking that someone was trying to disguise their typing.

#349 User is offline   Alkend 

• Lieutenant

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:57 AM

That was certainly interesting reading! Sorry I had to run off yesterday. But had I been around I would still have voted for Fener at the time, for better or worse :p
I do believe his reveal, or at least that he's not Vord. But he's a mighty big target now.
Not sure what to make of the new alt at all, and I think I will wait to comment until they've said something.

#350 User is offline   Alkend 

• Lieutenant

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:59 AM

Or should I say, I believe Fener wasn't Vord. For all we know he might be recruited now already.

#351 User is offline   Ryllandaras 

• Recruit

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:15 AM

Alright, I've read through what happened. I think not lynching Fener in the end was a good thing, maybe. I'm of a mind to leave him for today and see if he manages to affect Shuar next dawn.

I am pretty interested in that no lynch, though, if that indeed reveals that there was at least one Vord on the lynch train. To be honest, I hadn't even considered before that with multiple alts, they might not all have votes, but that does make sense. But the lynch train (by which I mean this past one and subsequent ones) is a great place to look for Vord now if this is the case, as simply through process of elimination over successive trains we can narrow it down. And it would be worth looking through the posts of those who voted for Fener too.

And well noticed on the extra alt. I didn't notice at all when I was reading through until it was pointed out! I think some more pressure would be good on that one.

Vote Tiamatha

#352 User is offline   Demelain 

• Recruit

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:24 AM

If the Vord multi alt votes only have one vote, I cant see why the player would link his alts and put them on the same lynch and risk detection

#353 User is offline   Korbas 

• Recruit

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

View PostDemelain, on 27 June 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

If the Vord multi alt votes only have one vote, I cant see why the player would link his alts and put them on the same lynch and risk detection

There could be at least one on there, maybe not the main one. Is there a link to any player defending Fener and then voting him?

#354 User is offline   Ryllandaras 

• Recruit

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

I do agree with that, and I would assume that there is Vord both on and off the train. As I said before though, I do think that following the train patterns can give us a good clue, or at least help to narrow down, who might or might not be Vord.

So are you saying that you reckon there is only one Vord alt on the Fener train?

#355 User is offline   Ryllandaras 

• Recruit

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

View PostKorbas, on 27 June 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

There could be at least one on there, maybe not the main one. Is there a link to any player defending Fener and then voting him?

Lots of voters seemed fairly meh about voting Fener. The only one that stands out from memory is Gait - but that might be more because other people talked him up as symping, rather than anything he really did. I'll have to go back and read through.

#356 User is offline   Demelain 

• Recruit

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:31 AM

Depending on whether or not fener is Vord, there could be one or none or all of the Vord players (depending on how many you think are out there) on fener's train.

What I dont expect to be there is a vord player with more than one alt to have both alts on the train at the same time.

Unless Fener is Vord and they wanted to stop a lynch by putting up fake votes

#357 User is offline   Monok Ochem 

• Recruit

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 26 June 2013 - 11:39 PM, said:

Day 1 is over.

Players alive: Alkend, Barghast, Demelain, Emurlahn, Fener, Gait, Galain, Hood's Path, Kedeviss, Korbas, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Nimander Golit, Okaros, Pran Chole, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Trake, Ultama, Venesara

12 votes to lynch, 11 votes to go to night

12 votes for Fener (Liosan, Korbas, Okaros, Alkend, Trake, Gait, Hood’s Path, Pran Chole, Emurlahn, Ultama, Demelain, Tellan)
1 vote for Trake (Fener)
1 vote for Ryllandaras (Nimander Golit)

Players not voted: Barghast, Demelain, Galain, Kedeviss, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Venesara

There is no lynch.

The post above made me look back on this. I didn't get back online until the lynch failed and day 1 ended, so as I was trying to catch up and wait out the rest of night, I misread this. I thought that Fener received his 12th vote(12 votes needed to lynch) and it ended the day right then, and Fener should have been lynched, but was saved due to an LP or something. This doesn't appear to be the case, which many of you probably already realized, but I didn't. The day didn't end when Fener received that 12th and last vote, the day timed out. He just happened to be sitting on 12 votes. It's possible that it wasn't necessarily an LP that saved him, but the fact that he needed extra votes like in the Dresden game, or like Ryllandaras said above which made me recognize my error, that perhaps one of the multiple alts don't count. We're also assuming that it's the Vord with additional alts, which does make the most sense, but not confirmed.

Basically it's possible that it wasn't an LP, but that Fener needed extra votes, or someone's vote doesn't count, either because their votes will never count, or because a certain factions votes don't count against their members or leader, etc. I also think this would more likely apply to the Vord faction, but perhaps the First Aleran faction as well, since it would have to be one of the smaller factions for this to seem probable. If it was due to votes not counting, then it's most likely due to the additional alt votes, imo.

#358 User is offline   Monok Ochem 

• Recruit

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

Cross post. I see a few of you were already thinking this above.

#359 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

I'm pretty "meh" about people coming on and saying "prolly better we didn't lynch Fener".

Based on what? His reveal that may or may not be true and makes him indispensible because it miraculously helps all of us against the Vord? Or are people projecting his power to mean some sort of liklihood of being on their team?
Personally I think this sudden free pass is pretty fishy, and I would have hammered his ass if I'd managed to be online. (sorry)

This could very well be a great reveal to keep some nasty conartist bug in the game.

#360 User is offline   Demelain 

• Recruit

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

Because of when fener was hit with vote number 12, I dont think we can be sure if it was a time out or that vote 12 started the lynch but was blocked.

Share this topic:

• 184 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

18 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users