• You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 103 - Codex Alera Game Thread

#301 User is offline   Tellan 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

View PostFener, on 26 June 2013 - 11:40 PM, said:

Okay, everyone guard everyone?

Assuming everyone else can guard at all? And you really think certain ppl are going to do this?

Le sigh.

Well. I'm off for a bit, gotta eat. :|

#302 User is offline   Trake 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:45 PM

Well, fuck. That's an unexpected result and a waste of a day.

#303 User is offline   Kedeviss 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:45 PM

Fener said:

1372290101[/url]' post='1066272']
Well, at least we know that Mr Multiple Alts doesn't get (all?) his counted and that there was at least one amongst those voting on me.

Guess so. Probably wouldn't be too difficult to narrow down who that alt is by some smart voting in the next few days. That, or you need more votes to get a lynch.

#304 User is offline   Trake 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:48 PM

View PostFener, on 26 June 2013 - 11:42 PM, said:

View PostTellan, on 26 June 2013 - 11:38 PM, said:

Sorry, dude, no risking Day 1 part 2.

Vote Fener

Quite understand, no hard feelings. Hence me willing to self-vote. Alas, Day 1, Part 2 here we come.

Not true. There's a chance we'll get a CF from the NAs, at least. Might be useful.
Anyway, that was fun.
As you say, one in twelve of those votes was from an alt. Any thoughts on the matter? Since you're not dead, might as well make the most of your presence.

#305 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:50 PM

View PostKedeviss, on 26 June 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

View PostFener, on 26 June 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

Well, at least we know that Mr Multiple Alts doesn't get (all?) his counted and that there was at least one amongst those voting on me.

Guess so. Probably wouldn't be too difficult to narrow down who that alt is by some smart voting in the next few days. That, or you need more votes to get a lynch.

Yeah the timing makes it pretty ugly. Did we fail to Lynch Fener because the day timer ran out and he didn't have enough "valid" votes to lynch (either because some votes didn't count or he needs more votes)? Or maybe he had a lynchproof ability?

The first one makes me want to vote for people on his train. The second one makes me want to vote for Fener again tomorrow.

#306 User is offline   Trake 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:53 PM

View PostEmurlahn, on 26 June 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

View PostKedeviss, on 26 June 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

View PostFener, on 26 June 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

Yeah the timing makes it pretty ugly. Did we fail to Lynch Fener because the day timer ran out and he didn't have enough "valid" votes to lynch (either because some votes didn't count or he needs more votes)? Or maybe he had a lynchproof ability?

The first one makes me want to vote for people on his train. The second one makes me want to vote for Fener again tomorrow.

If he was lynchproof and (Vord) I don't think he'd have acted so desperately. He'd have come up with a convincing power-role to explain it and appear to be a non-Vord faction already. I'd guess it's the alt thing.

#307 User is offline   Kedeviss 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:55 PM

Emurlahn said:

1372290627[/url]' post='1066278']

Kedeviss said:

1372290303[/url]' post='1066276']

Fener said:

1372290101[/url]' post='1066272']

Yeah, exactly. It's going to make day 2 interesting... I do believe his reveal of info though, which makes me want to look into the train more. It had the feel of desperation, and it sounded completely valid.

#308 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:59 PM

That'd be because it was me thinking I was dead soon and getting out some info. Also hence me removing the post with my last ability reveal once the (aparrent) hammer went down - I was dead so far as I was aware.

No LP alas, if I had it I'd have been a damned sight less pissed off at the train on me - I'd have known I'd survive Day 1 at least.

As it is, you're all retarded for jumping on me for displaying non-OP book knowledge.

#309 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:01 AM

View PostTrake, on 26 June 2013 - 11:48 PM, said:

Not true. There's a chance we'll get a CF from the NAs, at least. Might be useful.
Anyway, that was fun.
As you say, one in twelve of those votes was from an alt. Any thoughts on the matter? Since you're not dead, might as well make the most of your presence.

NA's will have to resolve without me, I'm out again shortly. I'll have a dig through but I'm sure more experienced people than I have some suspicions.

Just one initial though - only one from an alt? Why not two?

#310 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:06 AM

Well, i guess this proves Fener has an LP or the multiple alt vord theory, and though i still dont totally trust fener, im inclined to believe the multiple alt vord theory. I guess we have to wait and see how night turns out.

#311 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:11 AM

PLEASE NOTE:

For future reference, if you post something past what you THINK is a hammer, do NOT delete it in case it is not. The mods will take care of deleting as necessary.

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#312 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:12 AM

It is now Night 1. 2 hours 27 minutes remaining.

Players alive: Alkend, Barghast, Demelain, Emurlahn, Fener, Gait, Galain, Hood's Path, Kedeviss, Korbas, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Nimander Golit, Okaros, Pran Chole, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Trake, Ultama, Venesara

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 27 June 2013 - 01:12 AM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#313 User is offline   Galain 

• Recruit

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:54 AM

I'm done for tonight, see you all tomorrow

#314 User is offline   Sheltatha Lore 

• Recruit

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:56 AM

Ok, I am caught up. I'll admit that as I was reading towards day time out, I assumed I'd be dining on Roast Pig and am a tad surprised I'm not. I say "tad" because this is Malazan mafia after all, famous for non-lynches on day 1...

I don't think Fener was the best lynch (i.e., he's not Vord), but he still would have been a damn site better than no lynch. Unless he's in my faction, but I don't know that, and odds are he's not. I wish I knew the books, because I really have no clue about what faction those revealed (real/bs) abilites would imply.

To me it still looks like Fener was symped though, so even if he's not Vord there's a chance he's a bigwig and should have been wacked for that alone. Bug hunt is a priority, but it is still a faction game muthafuckaz.

Aside from Fener, I was most intrigued by the Nimander/Rhyll back and forth. I can't help but think something doesn't add up in what one of them is saying, but I can't put my finger on it.

#315 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:15 AM

It is now Night 1. 1 hours 24 minutes remaining.

Players alive: Alkend, Barghast, Demelain, Emurlahn, Fener, Gait, Galain, Hood's Path, Kedeviss, Korbas, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Nimander Golit, Okaros, Pran Chole, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Trake, Ultama, Venesara

#316 User is offline   Nimander Golit 

• Recruit

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:38 AM

No lynch huh? That's fine. In complex games like this, it usually takes more than a day for everyone to get their head around it, and at the same time the game has so much behind-the-scenes work that there will be balancing for a missed lynch or two.

Fener's reveal is interesting. I can believe it, but on the other hand Fener clearly has some book knowledge so he would be able to make a believable fake reveal, too. The onus is on him now to reduce an infestation counter and prove it.

#317 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:41 AM

It is now Night 1. 58 minutes remaining.

#318 User is offline   Nimander Golit 

• Recruit

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:49 AM

Some random points I remember from reading up but am too lazy to go find and quote...

1 - "Sounds like fire is good against people with furies" or something like that - other than the Vord, Canim and Doroga every other major character has at least one fury. And the Vord sorta-kinda figure out how to use them, too. I'm sure you just thought you were special and were trying to hide, though :p

2 - Notion that maybe only the Prime Queen can recruit - I can't say for sure, but generally I would reject this line of thinking. The Vord are not supposed to have a prime queen at all, all queens should be identical in their capabilities. The books' so called prime queen is an oddity, but mostly only in her personal physical/emotional/furycraft related capabilities. The Vord method of recruitment comes from the Takers (parasites that get in your brain) which any queen should be able to control.

#319 User is offline   Nimander Golit 

• Recruit

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:53 AM

Now here is something that I find very suspicious

View PostGalain, on 26 June 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

explain the blue roads, Mr. Book Knowledge Fener

It's already been established in the thread that the Vord are on the left side of the map, as if the infestation counter(s) didn't confirm that. Why would you ask for an explanation of the blue paths when that might help explain to the Vord how to get across it sooner? Don't try and tell me you want to know so you can go charge head first towards the Vord by yourself :p

Sounds like Vord to me.

#320 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:58 AM

i'm back. my team put me in net again (coause our two perfectly good goalies each had some BS excuse not to show up), but at least they kept the morons on offence this time, so we scraped out a win my the skin of our teeth. I still hate every instant of being goalie though.

onto the game: I see that Fener didn't get lynched. Protip--if you suspect there are multiple alts in a game don't leave the hammer to the last minute, mkay? cause then shit like this will happen.

Anyhow, i've had a long-ass day today, so it'll probably be an early night for me. I'll stick around till daytime (or dawntime, or whatever the fuck it is in this game). but then i'll probably be off untill lunch tomorrow, unlesss by some miracle I feel like checking th ethread when I wake up before work (probability of that approaches 0. I am the very antithesis of a "morning person")

Share this topic:

• 184 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

25 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users