#1 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:17 PM

Factions

There are four factions in this game:

Loyalists

Lead by Gaius Sextus, the Loyalists struggle to keep the rebels from attaining the throne of Alera Imperia. As the Rebels have more brute force, the Loyalists must rely on their quick movement abilities, better communications, and their furies to win.

Victory Conditions

Eliminate all members of the Rebels faction.
Eliminate the Vord Queen before all tiles are infested.

Rebels

Lead by Lord Kalarus Brencis, the Rebels seek to overthrow the current First Lord, Gaius Sextus, to place themselves on the throne. Though not as quick as the Loyalists, and working with considerably less information than the Loyalists, the Rebels are made up of many of the realm's strongest Furycrafters, making them a force to be reckoned with.

Victory Conditions

Eliminate all members of the Loyalist faction.
Eliminate the Vord Queen before all tiles are infested.

First Aleran

Lead by Gaius Octavian, or Tavi as he is known by his closest friends and family, the First Aleran cannot be bothered with the petty squabbling over the realm's throne. He knows that the Vord present the true threat to Alera Imperia, so, with his small team of elite soldiers, he will seek to prepare Alera for the incoming horde.

Victory Conditions

Eliminate all Vord players before all tiles are infested.

Vord

Lead by the Vord Queen, the Vord work as one to infiltrate Alera, take control of its most powerful Citizens, and infest the entire realm with croach, eventually choking away all life.

Victory Conditions

Eliminate all other factions or infest all tiles.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 24 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#2 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Tile Information

Posted Image

Great Furies

There are what are considered Great Furies on certain tiles. At the beginning of each Day Phase, the Great Fury counters will receive one point for each player on that Great Fury's tile. The Great Furies of Kalare and Alera Imperia may be activated by certain players. Garados and Thana are self-activating.

Great Fury of Kalare: 0/20
Great Fury of Alera Imperia: 0/30

If the Great Fury under Kalare is activated, all players on the Kalare tile excluding the player who activated it, will die.

If the Great Fury under Alera Imperia is activated, all players on the Alera Imperia tile, including the player who activated it, will die.

If the Great Furies are not activated before the Vord Queen can infest the tile on which they are located, the Vord will receive a bonus for infesting a tile with a Great Fury on it.

Garados (Calderon): 0/100
Thana (Calderon): 0/30

Once Thana's counter is full, she will push all players currently on the Calderon tile to a random tile (excluding Shuar and Narash).

Once Garados' counter is full, the mountain will come to life and move from tile to tile during each Dusk Phase, doing 5 damage to anyone on his current tile during the Dawn Phase.

Infestation Counter

Each tile has an infestation counter. When the infestation counter is full, the tile will be infested with croach. Once a tile is infested, it cannot be returned to non-infested. If all tiles are infested, the Vord win the game. An update to all tiles' infestation counters will be made at the beginning of each Day Phase.

Fortifications

Earth furies, and other abilities, allow players to fortify their tile. Fortifications will add to the infestation counter's total for each tile. (i.e. if a tile requires 10 infestation points to be infested, and is fortified by 2, it will then require 12 infestation points to be infested).
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Start of Day Status Update

Narash
Infested

Shuar
Infestation Counter: 0/10

Antillus

Elinarch

Kalare
Great Fury Counter: 0/20

Ceres
Infestation Counter: 0/15

Alera Imperia
Infestation Counter: 0/20
Great Fury Counter: 0/30

Phrygia

Riva
Infestation Counter: 0/20

Aquitaine

Calderon
Infestation Counter: 0/25
Thana Great Fury Counter: 0/30
Garados Great Fury Counter: 0/100

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 24 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

#4 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:18 PM

Phases

Day Phase – 32 hours long. Same as any game; lynches take place during the Day Phase, any Day Actions will be resolved during the Day Phase and prior to the Dusk Phase. Each Day Phase will begin with an update to the Infestation Counters and the Great Fury counters, followed by the regular vote count message.

Dusk Phase – Instant. This is the movement phase – you must provide a movement action during the Day Phase in order to move during the Dusk Phase. If your action is not in by the time the Day Phase ends, then you will not be able to move during the Dusk Phase. All movement actions are considered iron man, so cannot be changed once submitted.

Night Phase – 4 hours long. You must submit all Dawn Actions by the end of the Night Phase. You may provide provisional Dawn Actions during the Day Phase, but they must be confirmed by the end of the Night Phase.

Dawn Phase – Instant (or as long as it takes me to resolve all actions). This is the phase during which the majority of actions will take place, including, but not limited to, Attacks, Heals, Recruits, Guards, etc. You may submit actions provisionally, and change them as often as you like until the end of the night phase.

Order of resolution is as follows:

Special Movement Abilities > Find > Guard > Attack > Recruit > Fortifications > Infestation > Heal

Certain abilities will resolve outside this specific order of resolution, but this is a safe guideline for nearly all abilities available in this game.

A partial CF will be in effect this game. When a player dies, you will be told their character and faction names, but not the player's name. For this reason, even after you are dead, I would appreciate if you could sign in anonymously when checking out the thread.

#5 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:18 PM

Character Information (Role PM)

Faction:

Your character's faction.

Tile on which you begin the game.

Hit Points: X/Y

X = current HP
Y = total HP

You cannot have more HP than your total unless told otherwise. Once you hit 0 HP, you will die unless told otherwise.

Movement Speed: X/Y

X = number of normal tiles you can move per dusk phase
Y = number of croach-infested tiles you can move per dusk phase

If you are not a Vord, when you move from a non-infested tile to an infested tile, you stop immediately and cannot move until the following dusk phase.

Movement can only be made via the black lines on the tile map. Blue lines are special ‘roads’ which are only available to certain characters. Your character profile will contain this information if it is relevant to you.

Attack Power: X

X = unmodified attack power for your attack ability.

Your attack power can be modified using Furies (see following section for more information).

Furies:

A list of furies available to your character, as well as the abilities those furies grant, will be provided in this section. Each type of fury has a passive action which offers a range of modifiers such as protection, changing your attack to long ranged, etc. and an active action, which directly modifies your attack ability. When submitting your dawn action, if you choose to use your attack, you must tell PS which Fury, if any, you would like to use to modify your attack. The fury modifiers will not necessarily be identical for every character that has access to furies. For example, Isana is a stronger water crafter than Odiana, so her heals will be more effective. Araris Valerian is a stronger metal crafter than Aldrick ex Gladius, so he can take more extra damage than Aldrick before dying. Here is a list of the basic modifying statistics you can receive from furies:

Wind Furies

Passive Action: You cannot be detected by Earth Furies as you can fly.
Active Action: You can use your Wind Furies to effectively slow time around you, allowing you to move quickly when fighting an enemy. If you are targeted by an attack while this ability is activated, the attack will cause X less damage. Your attack will do the same amount of damage.

Fire Furies

Passive Action: If you are targeted by Water Furies, you will also raise a steam cloud around you at the end of the current dawn phase, making the next attack directed your way do 0 damage. If you are not targeted by an attack, the steam cloud will dissipate at the end of the following dawn phase.
Active Action: You may target another player. That player will take attack power + X damage, no matter which tile they are on.

Metal Furies

Passive Action: You may take up to X damage more than your total HP without dying. If you are at negative HP, you MUST be healed to 0 or more HP by the end of the next dawn phase in order to stay alive. If you are at exactly 0 HP, you will not die unless you are reduced to less than 0 HP. If you take enough damage to leave you at less than -X damage, you will die.
Active Action: You may attack a target player. If that character is on the same tile as you, he or she will take attack damage + X that cannot be reduced by other effects. If that character is on a different tile, they will take 0 damage.

Water Furies

Passive Action: If you are targeted by a fire fury, you will nullify the damage it is meant to inflict. You will also raise a steam cloud around you during the dawn phase, making the next attack directed your way do 0 damage. If you are not targeted by an attack, the steam cloud will dissipate during the following dawn phase.
Active Action: Your attack is changed into a heal. You may heal any player, including yourself. If your target is another player he or she is healed for attack power + X damage if he or she is on the same tile as you. If your target is yourself, you will be healed for half that amount.

Earth Furies

Passive Action: During the dawn phase, you will be told how many players are on your current tile, including yourself.
Active Action: Raise fortifications on the tile you are currently standing on, adding X extra points to the infestation counter total (i.e. it will require the Vord to attain X additional infestation points to infest the tile).

Wood Furies

Passive Action: Changes your attack into a long ranged attack. If your target is within 2 tiles of your current location, your attack will hit them. This effect does not stack with active fury actions (i.e. healing from water furies will not be long range)
Active Action: Your attack is now a guard ability. If your target is within 2 tiles of your current location, you will guard them during the current Dawn phase.

Abilities:

This list will contain any additional abilities your character has. These abilities work like abilities in any other game. You may either use Attack, or one of your abilities, but not both, during the Dawn Phase, unless told otherwise.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 18 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

#6 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

It is Day 1. Timer is frozen with 32 hours remaining.

Players alive: Alkend, Barghast, Demelain, Emurlahn, Fener, Gait, Galain, Hood's Path, Kedeviss, Korbas, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Nimander Golit, Okaros, Pran Chole, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Trake, Ultama, Venesara

12 votes to lynch, 11 votes to go to night

Players not voted: Alkend, Barghast, Demelain, Emurlahn, Fener, Gait, Galain, Hood's Path, Kedeviss, Korbas, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Nimander Golit, Okaros, Pran Chole, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Trake, Ultama, Venesara

Timer will remain frozen until tomorrow when I unfreeze it. In the meantime, you may chat on thread, but no votes will count until the timer is unfrozen and the game has officially started.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#7 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:20 PM

First!

#8 User is offline   Trake 

• Recruit

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

View PostFener, on 24 June 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

First!

SECOND. AWWW YEAH. THEY SEE US ROLLIN', THEY HATIN'.

#9 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

Do I really suck at math or are there 22 alts in the game?

#10 User is offline   Trake 

• Recruit

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

View PostGait, on 24 June 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

Do I really suck at math or are there 22 alts in the game?

Nice catch.

#11 User is offline   Korbas 

• Recruit

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

Looks to be 22 alts, yet only 17 signed up, there were some late additions. PS can you update the sign up list? If someone wants to remain anonymous then you can just add that to the list.

#12 User is offline   Venesara 

• Recruit

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

View PostKorbas, on 24 June 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

Looks to be 22 alts, yet only 17 signed up, there were some late additions. PS can you update the sign up list? If someone wants to remain anonymous then you can just add that to the list.

So you can use meta?

Also... I r heeere!

#13 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

View PostKorbas, on 24 June 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

There was enough later additions to take it to 20 so not quite so bad

#14 User is offline   Korbas 

• Recruit

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

It's only fair that we can see the number of players playing the game. If it is 20 players playing then we would see that there are indeed two extra alts. If there are 22 players then great. It may matter later though. I don't care to use meta.

#15 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

Signup sheet is updated.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#16 User is offline   Korbas 

• Recruit

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

I love number 18. Mystery!!

#17 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:38 PM

View PostKorbas, on 24 June 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

Is it really?

#18 User is offline   Korbas 

• Recruit

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

View PostGait, on 24 June 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

Is it really?

Is it not?

#19 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:50 PM

Please note that I have updated the First Aleran's VCs to better suit the game.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 24 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

#20 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostKorbas, on 24 June 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:

View PostGait, on 24 June 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

Is it really?

Is it not?

No, not to me at least.

Share this topic: