• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Cheap/Free Ebooks Thread!

#201 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:09 PM

Octavia Butler's Earthseed duology is only $1.99 right now: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072NZBPFG
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#202 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:07 PM

Massive Marvel sale on amazon.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#203 User is offline   pat5150 

• D'ivers

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:19 PM

R. Scott Bakker's The Unholy Consult is 1.99$ on Kindle (USA only).
For book reviews, author interviews, giveaways, related articles and news, and much more, check out www.fantasyhotlist.blogspot.com

#204 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:39 PM

William Shakespeare's The Empire Striketh Back is $2.99 at the moment: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FIMWIE6/
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"

#205 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:48 PM

View PostSalt-Man Z, on 20 September 2017 - 07:39 PM, said:

William Shakespeare's The Empire Striketh Back is $2.99 at the moment: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FIMWIE6/

Honestly, I'd recommend getting those books in papercopy if at all possible. It's a great presentation.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#206 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:15 PM

View Postpolishgenius, on 20 September 2017 - 07:48 PM, said:

View PostSalt-Man Z, on 20 September 2017 - 07:39 PM, said:

Honestly, I'd recommend getting those books in papercopy if at all possible. It's a great presentation.

Oh, I know, I own them all and they're fantastic. ;)

#207 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:48 AM

Interesting new humble bundle... Japanese sf.... anyone read anything from it?
https://www.humblebu...tent=cta_button

#208 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:31 PM

View PostAbyss, on 28 September 2017 - 02:48 AM, said:

Interesting new humble bundle... Japanese sf.... anyone read anything from it?
https://www.humblebu...tent=cta_button

The only book I KNOW is worth the money on that list is BELKA, WHY DON'T YOU BARK....which is hauntingly good.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#209 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 28 September 2017 - 03:02 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 28 September 2017 - 12:31 PM, said:

Interesting new humble bundle... Japanese sf.... anyone read anything from it? https://www.humblebu...tent=cta_button

The only book I KNOW is worth the money on that list is BELKA, WHY DON'T YOU BARK....which is hauntingly good.

At $1 for 5 books, I'm grabbing it anyway, but that's great to hear.

#210 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 28 September 2017 - 03:42 PM

View PostSalt-Man Z, on 28 September 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 28 September 2017 - 12:31 PM, said:

Interesting new humble bundle... Japanese sf.... anyone read anything from it? https://www.humblebu...tent=cta_button

At $1 for 5 books, I'm grabbing it anyway, but that's great to hear.

Yeah, i'm so curious about the books and the price for the entire bundle is so low that hey, whats another 15 books in the eTRP...

#211 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:27 PM

View PostAbyss, on 28 September 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

Yeah, i'm so curious about the books and the price for the entire bundle is so low that hey, whats another 15 books in the eTRP...

+ 15 =

I should add that Humble Bundle's book/comic/game bundles are particularly dangerous in this regard. A couple times a month now I get all, "Shoot this is all worth trying out for a dollar."

This post has been edited by Salt-Man Z: 28 September 2017 - 05:30 PM

#212 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:51 AM

View PostSalt-Man Z, on 28 September 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 28 September 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

∞ + 15 = ∞

Exactly. There's no net change.

I should add that Humble Bundle's book/comic/game bundles are particularly dangerous in this regard. A couple times a month now I get all, "Shoot this is all worth trying out for a dollar."

Yeah, same here only they get me with $20 or whatever the upper tier is, every fucking time. Because it's still a sweet deal.

#213 User is offline   pat5150 

• D'ivers

Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:45 PM

GRRM's A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms is 3.99$ on Kindle (US only).
For book reviews, author interviews, giveaways, related articles and news, and much more, check out www.fantasyhotlist.blogspot.com

#214 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:14 PM

Some current Amazon UK deals:

Crichton's Jurassic Park for £0.49! https://www.amazon.c...duct/B007UH4D3G
Sagan's Contact for £0.99 https://www.amazon.c...duct/B01NGT5T6A
Dick's The Man in the High Castle for £0.99 https://www.amazon.c...duct/B008DM2MGW

#215 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:20 PM

Butcher's Proven Guilty for $1.99 right now: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000PC0SBY

#216 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:49 PM

For the next 48 hours only, download a free copy of Ruthanna Emrys' Lovecraftian novel Winter Tide from Tor.com: https://www.tor.com/...ad-winter-tide/

This post has been edited by Salt-Man Z: 18 October 2017 - 04:50 PM

#217 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:12 PM

Also, Robert Jackson Bennett's absolutely-fantastic American Elsewhere is only $2.99 at Amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008AS84PM/

#218 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:18 PM

View PostSalt-Man Z, on 18 October 2017 - 05:12 PM, said:

Also, Robert Jackson Bennett's absolutely-fantastic American Elsewhere is only $2.99 at Amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008AS84PM/

ALWAYS wanted to read this and never got round to it. Thanks for the heads up, I'm grabbing this!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#219 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:31 PM

Abercrombie's HALF A KING is at Amazon for $2.99

#220 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:12 PM

DARK MATTER by Blake Crouch is $3.99 at Amazon, and the WOOL omnibus by Hugh Howey is $1.99 at Amazon.

Share this topic:

• 100 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

9 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users