Malazan Empire: Dresden Files Book 15+ - Malazan Empire

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dresden Files Book 15+ Wild theories, outlandish speculation, and SPOILERS FOR ALL BOOKS

#141 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:50 PM

View PostCause, on 18 May 2016 - 01:12 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 18 May 2016 - 12:36 PM, said:

In the middle of reading Ghost Story and...

"none of these things had to happen. I mean, I wasn't the only guy in the world who had driven that course of events. I knew that. But I had been the guy who had been standing on the tipping point between possible outcomes with depressing regularity. Could I have done something differently? Was it even possible to know?"

Do we think this is a bit of foreshadowing?

I think book 17 is called Mirror Mirror. In it we will see a Dresden from an alternate universe/dimension who took a different path. This harry took a different path in live and made different choices. I think in particular his life diverges at around book 3. For better or wose

Also, goatee.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#142 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 May 2016 - 08:57 PM

Alt-Dresden is evil Spock?
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#143 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 19 May 2016 - 12:15 PM

View Postworry, on 18 May 2016 - 08:57 PM, said:

Alt-Dresden is evil Spock?

http://southparkstud...ceship-16x9.jpg
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#144 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:10 AM

View PostCause, on 17 May 2016 - 03:14 PM, said:

Simon Petrovitch was Justin Dumorne's Mentor. His body I think was never found? Could this be Cowl? Could this be a member of the black council!

There are some people who are quite certain that Cowl is Simon and Kumori is Elaine (who Simon met and recruited via that same connection).

Who fixed little chicago and saved Harry's life

I am one of the many people who think that at some point Harry is going to time-travel and it is going to turn out to be himself that fixed Little Chicago (in addition to that explaining a few other things in that book, like his car getting rammed and Bob having some weird dialogue).

The white court vampires have souls! What is the significance of this? They are quite unique as supernatural baddies go in that they are just humans with extras. Harry could soul gaze Thomas. Can they summon outsiders?

Unlike the Red and Black Courts, which seem to be more of a case of changing from a human into a vampire, the White Court seem to quite literally be two beings that live together parasitically - a human and the monster. As Thomas explains in book 6, if a White Court vampire is truly in love the first time they bang, it kills the monster and they live on as a normal human being, whereas it takes something as extreme as Mother Winter's Unraveller to revert even a halfway transformation towards being a Red Court Vampire, and it's probably nigh-impossible to revert a Black Court Vampire's transformation. So I would guess that having a soul and so on is possible for the White Court because it simply happens to/from the still-human part of them.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#145 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:23 PM

Completely rndom thought, going back up to the top of this page:

Peace talks will "officially" be b/w Marcone and Fomor. But lots of other players involved tangentially.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#146 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 30 May 2016 - 10:43 PM

View PostMentalist, on 30 May 2016 - 08:23 PM, said:

Completely rndom thought, going back up to the top of this page:

Peace talks will "officially" be b/w Marcone and Fomor. But lots of other players involved tangentially.

Im picturing something more akin to a new unseelie accords that will factor in the fomor joining the fray. So every major player in the game in one room.

#147 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 31 May 2016 - 07:41 AM

I'm almost finished with my re read, and after Ghost Story, you'd think Harry would want to get back into the swing of things and fight the Formor. Then the next book, Cold Days, comes along and he sees that he has much bigger fish to fry. The scope of what he has to help deal with is massive! Now as i'm reading Skin Game , I am wondering what Mab's play is here. This seems like a side quest. Don't get me wrong, Cold Days was awesome, Skin Game is also awesome I do love it. It makes so much sense that Peace Talks will be about the Formor. Yet I don't see how it falls into the bigger picture and how they are going to defeat Nemesis and the Outsiders.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#148 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:45 AM

Well if its major level peace talks along the lines of the Unseelie accords then every major player must make an appearance. Mab's duty is to defend the gates and the gatekeeper helps out. Mab gets all the major players in one room and has the gate keeper take a look maybe? In any event I can guarantee that the peace talks will involve a massive amount of backstabbing.

Skingame was about Mab hitting multiple notes. Revenge on Nico for breaking her rules and retrieving powerful magic weapons from Hades. But yeah its mostly a set up book, but a fun one. Maybe Harry will kill all the fomor with them or maybe they are anti-outsider weapons?

Does anyone think there may be a chance Harry will become the summer knight as well? The two Mantles influences will cancel each other out and give harry another power boost. Its not that I think he needs the power but it would make harry the person who decides who is more powerful at any given moment. Summer or winter. Based on his personal choices.

#149 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:14 AM

I wonder if people are underestimating the Fomor threat. They moved in after Harry nuked the Red Court vamps, but have been focused on essentially petty crime and minor talent kidnapping. The former isn't much of a theat and latter seemed to be under the radar but for the clash w Marcone and possibly the JLC.
Am wondering whether the Fomor may be an Outsider branch race. There's certainly a Lovecraft vibe to them... Aquatic, semi human, into rituals and magic, eating people.

#150 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:32 AM

View PostAbyss, on 31 May 2016 - 10:14 AM, said:

I wonder if people are underestimating the Fomor threat. They moved in after Harry nuked the Red Court vamps, but have been focused on essentially petty crime and minor talent kidnapping. The former isn't much of a theat and latter seemed to be under the radar but for the clash w Marcone and possibly the JLC.
Am wondering whether the Fomor may be an Outsider branch race. There's certainly a Lovecraft vibe to them... Aquatic, semi human, into rituals and magic, eating people.

Well apparently the whole White Council are in a conflict with the Formor in Europe which shows their strength. Harry said that they are all the forgotten races, beings, Gods etc from a long time ago that have come up from under the seas.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#151 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:47 AM

I think we already have old gods which are cthulu-esque and they were not the outsiders.

Also we are told quite a bit of the Fomor ancestry. They are an exiled branch of Faeries that have mixed with a lot of the darker and banished pantheons of aquatic and coastal people. Could be a lot of Outsider influence but I dont think there is much breeding between the two.

#152 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:50 AM

and possibly the JLC.

The Justice League of Canada?
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#153 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 02 June 2016 - 02:32 PM

Justice League Chicago - Murphy's group that was opposing the Fomor and other threats while Harry was off being dead.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users