• You cannot reply to this topic

Paint by Numbers! troubles, ideas, suggestions and lifestyle

#161 User is offline   GenKael 

• Recruit
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Nerd books, drawing, damsels, grog

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

Great armor design on Trull. Love his face, and his physique. Makes me regret the pizza I ate for dinner.

#162 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

Love the Brood pic. Has that hint of Bhargast/nonhuman without going overboard, and totally conveys his power and size.

Trull is pretty nifty... tho he looks almost sinister. Also, needs bigger ears and less metal :(
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#163 User is offline   High House Dark 

• Gooseberry Extraordinaire

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:46 AM

Ok thread, Dolmen and I are having trouble choosing which composition to go with (and they're red-lined, fyi, in case you're like, "what the hell" [or pink-lined in my case, heehee])

We like both a lot. :\ And were discussing giving the Seguleh back-pedaling two swords, and making Rake grip Dragnipoopface with both hands, FYI (in Option 2). I dont know if that even matters to anyone. Blooooooooooop tired HHD is tired adklfjad;fkaldfmakl.

EDIT: OMYGOD I FORGOT TO EVEN SAY WHAT THE HELL THIS EVEN IS, IT'S RAKE VS. SEGULEH, OK? OK.

Option 1:

Posted Image

or

Option 2:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by High House Dark: 09 April 2013 - 06:46 AM

Currently re-reading the entire series and waiting for Fall of Light. You can catch me in the chat to win a drawing request!~MISANDRY FOR LIFE MUAHAHA~

#164 User is online   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

Option 2, all day long.

#165 User is offline   Corporal Nobbs 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

Probably #2 as well, seems more dynamic.
Rejoice. For very bad things are about to happen

#166 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

I dunno... both are pretty awesome but there's something more 'high-energy' about the leaping Seguleh in option 1. Tho i love the fallen Seg in 2.... fuck... okay 2... that Dragnipur sweeping into the foreground effect is damn cool.

In theory the duel's should be 1v1, with all the other Segs staying clear but i actually prefer your take for an overall cooler pic and the notion that the duels are happening so fast that it looks like they're all rushing to engage Rake.

Two notes: one of the Segs looks like he's holding a spear on 1, and why isn't Rake wearing a shirt in 2?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#167 User is offline   High House Dark 

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:45 AM

View PostAbyss, on 09 April 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

I dunno... both are pretty awesome but there's something more 'high-energy' about the leaping Seguleh in option 1. Tho i love the fallen Seg in 2.... fuck... okay 2... that Dragnipur sweeping into the foreground effect is damn cool.

In theory the duel's should be 1v1, with all the other Segs staying clear but i actually prefer your take for an overall cooler pic and the notion that the duels are happening so fast that it looks like they're all rushing to engage Rake.

Two notes: one of the Segs looks like he's holding a spear on 1, and why isn't Rake wearing a shirt in 2?

WHY ISN'T RAKE ALWAYS NOT WEARING A SHIRT, I THINK YOU MEANT TO ASK. HMMMMMMMMMMM?

Actually, these were both just for layout and general form... not super accurate this-is-what-it-will-be-exactly. So Rake will be clothed. Sadly.
Currently re-reading the entire series and waiting for Fall of Light. You can catch me in the chat to win a drawing request!~MISANDRY FOR LIFE MUAHAHA~

#168 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:59 AM

@ Abyss, what HHD said, that and from what i remember of the second in TtH the seguleh second used a spear to great effect so it adds a little variety to the seg arsenal. They aren't mentioned as sword exclusive to my knowledge? guessing you need to be pretty high up to start using alternatives?
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#169 User is offline   High House Dark 

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

Was just coloring in something silly (or planning to color) and realized I can rarely find great skin color references that truly span the full range (*cough*racism*cough*).

So I thought I'd post up one of my favorite references that I found on Tumblr a while back (thought it could've had one shade darker). I REALLY wish I could source this, but I honestly can't remember who posted it:

Attached File  tumblr_m2r0vknJIl1r45a1eo1_500.jpg (55.25K)
Number of downloads: 4

#170 User is offline   Corporal Nobbs 

• First Sword

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

The colours kinda reminded me of this tutorial Navate/Lauren K Cannon did (this is the supplement, rest of tut is in the description)
Well worth reading the whole thing.

This post has been edited by Corporal Nobbs: 25 May 2013 - 07:06 AM

#171 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:37 PM

View PostCorporal Nobbs, on 25 May 2013 - 07:03 AM, said:

The colours kinda reminded me of this tutorial Navate/Lauren K Cannon did (this is the supplement, rest of tut is in the description)
Well worth reading the whole thing.

I THOUGHT THE SAME THING.

Quick! I'm doing warm ups, any requests? wanna do about 4 quick sketches.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#172 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

Attached File  Storm Riders1.jpg (256.68K)
Number of downloads: 0

This was fun.

#173 User is offline   Corporal Nobbs 

• First Sword

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:51 AM

Epic! No other word for it.
Stormrider, I guess?
Can't wait til you finish

#174 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:12 AM

View PostCorporal Nobbs, on 08 June 2013 - 04:51 AM, said:

Epic! No other word for it.
Stormrider, I guess?
Can't wait til you finish

I am actually loving the chance to work on a storm rider. The impression of one has never taken form in my head till I started random swooshes on the page. Then suddenly it just kinda fell into place.

#175 User is offline   Toraneko 

• destroyer of worlds

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:33 AM

Here is mine, though it's a concept for a 3d sculpt.
Posted Image
~ toranekostudios.tumblr.com ~
Stress causes baldness but if you pay too much attention to keeping your stress levels down
it'll stress you out even more so there's really nothing we can do about it after all.

#176 User is offline   Corporal Nobbs 

• First Sword

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:19 AM

Damn, you two are moving fast.
Think I might do something different. From the end of NoK...
Spoiler

#177 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:44 AM

View PostCorporal Nobbs, on 09 June 2013 - 12:19 AM, said:

Damn, you two are moving fast.
Think I might do something different. From the end of NoK...
Spoiler

Thats a good idea!

Toraneko: Cool helmet! should be a bitch to model this in Z-brush but judging by your previous work you got this.

Here's where my works at.

Attached File  Storm Riders2.jpg (192.93K)

This post has been edited by Dolmen+: 09 June 2013 - 08:44 AM

#178 User is offline   Toraneko 

• destroyer of worlds

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

Thanks Dolmen. I'm actually not sure about the helmet design myself, seems too "constructed", if you get what I mean. I'm trying to go for a more organic look and this needs to be reflected in the armour as well, probably stuff like hanging seaweed, rocks or hard shells, etc.

Nice progress on yours. I really like the white highlights on that and can't wait to see it all done. :whistle: Not sure about the foreground figure though, I really liked the dynamic angle in your first draft and he kind of ruins that.

This post has been edited by Toraneko: 09 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

~ toranekostudios.tumblr.com ~
Stress causes baldness but if you pay too much attention to keeping your stress levels down
it'll stress you out even more so there's really nothing we can do about it after all.

#179 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

View PostToraneko, on 09 June 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

Thanks Dolmen. I'm actually not sure about the helmet design myself, seems too "constructed", if you get what I mean. I'm trying to go for a more organic look and this needs to be reflected in the armour as well, probably stuff like hanging seaweed, rocks or hard shells, etc.

Nice progress on yours. I really like the white highlights on that and can't wait to see it all done. :p Not sure about the foreground figure though, I really liked the dynamic angle in your first draft and he kind of ruins that.

I hear you. I arbitrarily threw a character in. I tend to gravitate towards that type of composition because it really drives the eye.

better with him gone? I'm redesigning the Storm rider

heres my motivation:

I am imagining the Storm riders are hunters, maybe even pack hunters or raider-like pirates. the lance is a hunting tool first after all, also a focus for they're warren. As we know they travel the sea but I wonder if they live within/under it as well? they seem to be able to survive above water to fight...but maybe they have gear or warren assisted magic to let that happen? something holding water for their gills perhaps? and the water beasts... Could they be riden under the water? If that's the case then maybe it solidifies into ice or moves as a gel like current?

I also imagine the Storm riders to be tribal, like deep sea atlantean Native Americans. Don't cringe yet! not meaning that literally, just imagine there is a need to show they use everything the sea provides in a sustainable way, fashioning clothes and weapons from prey they hunt like sharks, seals, squid or giant crustaceans. Its all got me rethinking the idea of a storm rider... the details and fetishes are key here. are they humanoid mosters or monsterous humans?

Thoughts most welcome here as I am still trying to get a good fit for my Storm rider(s) and the character to portray them in.

#180 User is offline   Corporal Nobbs 

• First Sword

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:42 AM

@Dolmen - I like what you've done there, finding a back story/culture for the stormriders. I haven't got anything to add, but I like the direction your going in.
Also agree with Toraneko, lose the foreground figure for now.

Found a few moments to start this
Attached File  why are you killing us.jpg (237.44K)

This post has been edited by Corporal Nobbs: 12 June 2013 - 07:50 AM

Share this topic:

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users