• You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#12101 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 14 December 2020 - 11:23 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 14 December 2020 - 11:17 PM, said:

His positivity today is creepier than a melt down... is he getting ready to appoint Giuliani Acting Attorney General to arrest the Bidens? (Hopefully that's far-fetched... hopefully.)

Uh, he can't do that, can he? With the Electoral College vote in place and Biden officially and irrevocably President-Elect, Trump can't just have him arrested, right?
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#12102 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 December 2020 - 12:54 AM

Dang, Biden got some serious phlegmy, congestion throat struggles going with his speech. I hope it is only a common cold.

#12103 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 December 2020 - 04:03 PM

So I assume the electors did their job properly then?

#12104 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 15 December 2020 - 04:17 PM

View PostMacros, on 15 December 2020 - 04:03 PM, said:

It would seem they did, and still multiple republicans refuse to acknowledge the results.

#12105 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 15 December 2020 - 04:54 PM

Sending a set of ‘alternate’ republican electors to hold their own electoral college votes is just kind of sad and pathetic.

I forget who said it but someone in the forum had it right, trump is gonna escape to North Korea, ask for political asylum and run the United States government in exile

#12106 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 15 December 2020 - 05:11 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 15 December 2020 - 04:17 PM, said:

View PostMacros, on 15 December 2020 - 04:03 PM, said:

It would seem they did, and still multiple republicans refuse to acknowledge the results.

It seems that now McConnel has congratulated Joe Biden and Kamela Harris on their victory. I mean, finally, I guess? I wonder if this is the pebble that will set the avalance rolling? I'd like to think it is, that Mitch is, at least, good for something, but I just can't help but doubt.

#12107 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 15 December 2020 - 05:15 PM

'Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

1h

Tremendous evidence pouring in on voter fraud. There has never been anything like this in our Country!

Donald J. Trump Retweeted

Lin Wood
@LLinWood
11h
President Trump @realDonaldTrump is a genuinely good man. He does not really like to fire people. I bet he dislikes putting people in jail, especially "Republicans."

He gave @BrianKempGA & @GaSecofState every chance to get it right. They refused. They will soon be going to jail.

[photoshop of Kemp and Secretary of State wearing Soviet flag masks]'

https://twitter.com/...715369566048256

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 15 December 2020 - 05:16 PM

#12108 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 15 December 2020 - 05:16 PM

Him saying that doesn't mean he's going to stop blocking survival payments to the people in order to push through corporate liability shields, work with Biden administration to appoint people swiftly, or do anything.

It's a meaningless gesture beyond some verbal recognition of what the entire world already functionally knows.

Looking at this as a glimmer of hope is what keeps this whole insane thing going. The evil turtle man is going to keep blocking stuff and working for his corporate overlords until he's forced to stop. This is how he ropes people into believing he won't despite decades of him doing this crap.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#12109 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 December 2020 - 07:05 PM

Was listening to analysis on the drive in regarding Georgia. During the program they read some feedback from residents and people there are exhausted past the point of annoyance regarding the amount of political ads that have inundated the state. I feel for them, I get tired of the political crap during a regular election, I don't think I could tolerate what they are being hammered with daily as the Jan. senate runoff election closes in. Sounds like it is extremely vitriolic, particularly from the Republican side. We need you though Georgia, come on Georgia! What do you guys think the results will be?

#12110 User is online   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 15 December 2020 - 08:09 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 15 December 2020 - 07:05 PM, said:

Was listening to analysis on the drive in regarding Georgia. During the program they read some feedback from residents and people there are exhausted past the point of annoyance regarding the amount of political ads that have inundated the state. I feel for them, I get tired of the political crap during a regular election, I don't think I could tolerate what they are being hammered with daily as the Jan. senate runoff election closes in. Sounds like it is extremely vitriolic, particularly from the Republican side. We need you though Georgia, come on Georgia! What do you guys think the results will be?

1 dem, 1 rep.

Because life is not fair.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#12111 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 16 December 2020 - 05:13 AM

'Trump is already considering replacing Attorney General William Barr’s replacement Jeffrey Rosen'

https://www.thedaily...sen-ap?ref=home

'Trump is considering pushing to have a special counsel appointed to advance a federal tax investigation into the son of President-elect Joe Biden [... and] having another special counsel appointed to look into his own baseless claims of election fraud.

[...] considering whether to pressure Rosen to make the special counsel appointment or, if needed, to replace the acting attorney general with someone more likely to carry out his wishes. [...]

Believing that a special counsel probe could wound a Biden administration before it even begins, Trump aides have urged the president to push for one, which would make it so the investigation can’t be easily stopped by the incoming president. [...]

Under federal regulations, a special counsel can be fired only by the attorney general and for specific reasons such as misconduct, dereliction of duty or conflict of interest'

https://apnews.com/a...c28997398aae058

#12112 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 16 December 2020 - 01:55 PM

The reason everyone in trump orbit wants a pardon is because they know how they would behave

#12113 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 December 2020 - 08:12 PM

Oh snap. Biden bringing Mayor Pete (Pete Buttigieg) to his cabinet. I didn't get the deets, but I think it is Transportation? Doesn't sound particularly sexy, but probably important, yeah?

Do you guys think Bernie or Elizabeth Warren will be brought on board? I think they would have been announced by now though if the were going to join team Biden, unless there is some political timing for it.. dunno. Whatcha think?

#12114 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 16 December 2020 - 08:47 PM

The political analysis I've heard is that there's no way Biden brings anyone with radical ideas into his adminstration. It's not the politics Biden believes in and it's not going to help if Biden wants to bridge the gap between GOP and Dems. Sure he'll address some of Sanders and Warren's ideas but it's not his platform.

#12115 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 16 December 2020 - 09:01 PM

View PostAptorian, on 16 December 2020 - 08:47 PM, said:

The political analysis I've heard is that there's no way Biden brings anyone with radical ideas into his adminstration. It's not the politics Biden believes in and it's not going to help if Biden wants to bridge the gap between GOP and Dems. Sure he'll address some of Sanders and Warren's ideas but it's not his platform.

'“Am I a sore loser? No. I’m pro-America and anti-communist. Joe Biden is a bought and paid for Communist China puppet. Stay tuned, big things happening soon at the Federal level.” Sutherland previously also wrote, “Is the ‘coup’ against the sitting President the start of a second ‘Civil War’ here in the USA?” and claimed it would be “righteous” if Trump invoked the military to prevent the transfer of power.'

'Washington state Rep. Robert Sutherland told his followers on Facebook not to accept the results of the presidential election — and to “prepare for war.”

“Joe Biden is not now, nor will ever be my President,” wrote Sutherland.

[...] “It’s OUR Country and no one will steal it from us,” he wrote. “Not without a fight, that is.”'

https://www.rawstory...t-insurrection/

Guess their paranoid 'analysis'-rationalization would be that Biden is trying to keep his Communist puppet masters in the shadows.

#12116 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 16 December 2020 - 09:30 PM

In what world is that shit NOT treason? Or at least inciting violence/insurrection/rebellion?

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 16 December 2020 - 09:30 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#12117 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 17 December 2020 - 05:03 PM

'Trump has reportedly been convinced he actually won, tells advisers he may not vacate the White House

Trump was privately coming to terms with his loss to President-elect Joe Biden, but he "has now reversed and dug in deeper — not only spreading misinformation about the election, but ingesting it himself," CNN reports, "egged on by advisers like Rudy Giuliani and Jenna Ellis who are misleading Trump about the extent of voting irregularities and the prospects of a reversal." One adviser told CNN, "He's been fed so much misinformation that I think he actually thinks this thing was stolen from him."

Even the Electoral College formalizing Biden's win "did not appear enough to shake Trump from his delusions of victory," CNN says, "but it is adding urgency to a push by several of his advisers to gently steer Trump toward reality." Discussions of Trump's post-presidency future tend to go nowhere because Trump "all but shuts down," CNN reports. "In his moments of deepest denial, Trump has told some advisers that he will refuse to leave the White House on Inauguration Day, only to be walked down from that ledge. The possibility has alarmed some aides, but few believe Trump will actually follow through."'

https://news.yahoo.c...-051947795.html

#12118 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 December 2020 - 06:37 PM

If Trump refuses to leave, who is responsible to get him out of there? It's not the secret service, I don't think. I believe I've heard pundits say it is the military, because they take a pledge/sworn vow to uphold the Constitution.

There is talk that Trump will not attend the inauguration, which, while a sad moment for America, I think is a really good thing. I think Trump might do something really stupid if he is physically present at the swearing in of Biden.

#12119 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 17 December 2020 - 08:03 PM

The Secret Service will remove him.

#12120 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 17 December 2020 - 08:07 PM

View PostAptorian, on 17 December 2020 - 08:03 PM, said:

The Secret Service will remove him.

It's for his safety. I don't think the Secret Service is very fond of him after he sent a huge number of them to the hospital for COVID with his 'I got covid I guess I'll ride in this airtight car with no mask on for a while' stunt.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

Share this topic:

• 707 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users