• Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 November 2019 - 04:23 PM

"give a man enough rope . . . ."

#9742 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 November 2019 - 06:19 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 20 November 2019 - 04:01 PM, said:

When he came back with - "I need to amend what I testified after hearing what my colleagues said, I have a clearer memory now".

Can anyone believe what this fuck up says at this point?

I believe the 'Roger Stone found guilty on all counts, there will be repercussions' message is an eye-opener for some people who were appointed by this administration.

Edit - That said, it feels like they are using this testimony to further cement the Subpoenas of people who didn't accept, for future court battles.

Remember, the current GOP talking stance is 'everyone reporting anything is a liar, and _THESE PEOPLE_ know the truth but they aren't allowed to testify'.

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 20 November 2019 - 06:21 PM

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#9743 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 20 November 2019 - 08:08 PM

Never mind sonderland. Trumps hand written note! That can't be normal. Giant hand writing in block print with a sharpie. Basic short sentences. Seems abnormal

#9744 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 November 2019 - 10:02 PM

Oh, it's all piling up. The video of him where the camera stays on his face, as he continuously mouths 'thank you', as you can hear the WH aid yelling for the press to leave (after an answer/question session) is telling. Trump is a deeply disturbed individual.

#9745 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:38 AM

Can you share a link I can’t find it

#9746 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 November 2019 - 04:30 AM

https://youtu.be/qNJCOavWwU8?t=522

#9747 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 21 November 2019 - 12:35 PM

Screw all that, did you guys see Nunes' face when Schiff called for a recess?

Talk about a guy who knows his entire argument is dead as a doornail!
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#9748 User is offline   Anomander 

• Wielder of Dragnipur
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 21 November 2019 - 02:32 PM

The hand written notes in HUGE black sharpie (how is there not an aide specifically hired to watch for this crap?), the sudden hospital visit over the weekend for his 'routine' physical (which is months earlier than usual, was not on his itinerary, and does not happen in multiple parts as he's now suggesting), and the odd display of mouthing "Thank you" show he's declining much quicker than they can keep up with.

Republicans are going to try and avoid this whole impeachment fiasco by crying about Trump's health and how you can't try a sick/dementia'd/dying man. And with the impeachment gone then we have no need to examine all these loose ends everywhere (similar to the Epstein investigation post "suicide") which saves Pence, Pompeo and a host of others. It's the main hope of avoiding losing Pence for Republicans and winding up with President Pelosi. Sondland's testimony plus Trump's expedited decline have sped up the timetable though and they are scrambling. Nunes had the epitome of "WE ARE FUCKED" splashed across his face during testimony yesterday and even Ken fucking Starr said this was a "bombshell day."

I also wish more was being said on the news about the military having to guarantee the safety of Vindman because of a climate created by their own commander in chief. While Trump has shat on the military in repeated ways throughout his presidency surely this will be one of the final straws for his broader military support?
And so the First denied their Mother,
in their fury, and so were cast out,
doomed children of Mother Dark.

#9749 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 21 November 2019 - 02:57 PM

This is hands down my FAVOURITE exchange from yesterday.

Sonldand may be singing like a canary (on certain people), but when he tries to get uppity/disgruntled about "being forthcoming" as he literally skirts the edge of the fucking law....I'm glad Maloney called him on it. And he does it so perfectly too. This whole video is worth watching. *whispers* and he was born in Canada too!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 21 November 2019 - 02:58 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#9750 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:32 PM

Lol! I heard a comedian make a joke about David Holmes looking like Jeffrey Dahmer. I didn't think anything about it at the time, but damn, now catching some of the hearings this morning and watching him testify. Holy shit! the resemblance is uncanny. Someone check his refrigerator!

#9751 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:13 PM

The thank you thing is wierd I agree. But not sure if it's a sign of anything wrong? He's just mouthing thank you as he tried to get the press to shut up and leave. He knows he has nothing to say that can help

#9752 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:30 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 21 November 2019 - 02:57 PM, said:

This is hands down my FAVOURITE exchange from yesterday.

Sonldand may be singing like a canary (on certain people), but when he tries to get uppity/disgruntled about "being forthcoming" as he literally skirts the edge of the fucking law....I'm glad Maloney called him on it. And he does it so perfectly too. This whole video is worth watching. *whispers* and he was born in Canada too.

"I've been very forthright!"

"It's your THIRD TRY!"
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#9753 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:34 PM

View PostCause, on 21 November 2019 - 11:13 PM, said:

The thank you thing is wierd I agree. But not sure if it's a sign of anything wrong? He's just mouthing thank you as he tried to get the press to shut up and leave. He knows he has nothing to say that can help

Could be, I suppose. Trump looks disturbed to me. The way he motions with his hand, like he's thinking "get the fuck out of here", followed up by the yelling of that aid for them to leave. Trump is a mess.

More disturbing/frightening though, and I didn't pick up on it the first time, is the serial-killer like stare from Jared Kushner in the background. Someone check his refrigerator. Posted Image
Just imagine if you were a fly on the wall during his and Ivanka's private moments. I bet there is all manner of troubling occurrences. Probably some outright "American Psycho" type stuff that they both gleefully enjoy and participate in.

#9754 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 22 November 2019 - 12:10 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 21 November 2019 - 11:34 PM, said:

Could be, I suppose. Trump looks disturbed to me. The way he motions with his hand, like he's thinking "get the fuck out of here", followed up by the yelling of that aid for them to leave. Trump is a mess.

More disturbing/frightening though, and I didn't pick up on it the first time, is the serial-killer like stare from Jared Kushner in the background. Someone check his refrigerator. Posted Image
Just imagine if you were a fly on the wall during his and Ivanka's private moments. I bet there is all manner of troubling occurrences. Probably some outright "American Psycho" type stuff that they both gleefully enjoy and participate in.

They remind me of the Rich Bad Guys in movies where they torture and/or hunt poor people.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 22 November 2019 - 12:11 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#9755 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 22 November 2019 - 01:26 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 21 November 2019 - 11:34 PM, said:

I agree there is plenty of reasons to think he is disturbed. The thank you is the least of them

#9756 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 22 November 2019 - 01:39 AM

So trump has two important cases about to hit the Supreme Court.

Can New York get his tax returns to investigate not him but his associates and charities. He claims he is immune from prosecution and therefore also investigation by states.

Can the house subpoena his tax records. The house says they have broad investigative powers, I’m not actually sure what his defense on this one has been.

So far the lower courts have all ruled against him hence why it’s about to go to the Supreme Court potentially. My question is this, what would it mean if it went all this way with judges ruling one way and now suddenly the Supreme Court rules another. I have always been uncomfortable wit court appeals, I understand their importance, especially in matters involving new evidence or new laws which might change things. However the scientist in me sometimes views an appeal as repeating an experiment and rejecting the outcomes you don’t like until you get the one result you do like. I know it’s more complicated than that but sometimes I think maybe not so much.

I mean is there any legitimate grounds for the Supreme Court to rule a different way or would it be a sign of republican bias on the bench?

#9757 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 22 November 2019 - 04:05 PM

View PostCause, on 22 November 2019 - 01:39 AM, said:

So trump has two important cases about to hit the Supreme Court.

Can New York get his tax returns to investigate not him but his associates and charities. He claims he is immune from prosecution and therefore also investigation by states.

Can the house subpoena his tax records. The house says they have broad investigative powers, I’m not actually sure what his defense on this one has been.

So far the lower courts have all ruled against him hence why it’s about to go to the Supreme Court potentially. My question is this, what would it mean if it went all this way with judges ruling one way and now suddenly the Supreme Court rules another. I have always been uncomfortable wit court appeals, I understand their importance, especially in matters involving new evidence or new laws which might change things. However the scientist in me sometimes views an appeal as repeating an experiment and rejecting the outcomes you don’t like until you get the one result you do like. I know it’s more complicated than that but sometimes I think maybe not so much.

I mean is there any legitimate grounds for the Supreme Court to rule a different way or would it be a sign of republican bias on the bench?

I'll take a swing at this - disclaimer, I'm not a lawyer and this isn't legal advice.

He claims he is immune from prosecution, which no one who isn't associated with this administration agrees with.

The House can subpoena anything they want. His tax records, if they are relevant to an investigation, are absolutely fair game. The administrations defense has been the same thing they've said all along, and lost all along, that the president is immune to any kind of investigation.

All lower courts have ruled against him, as have all previous cases close to this (ie, Nixon). This might explain it well for you - https://history.hous...ions-Oversight/

Essentially all previous rulings, and all lower coat rulings, suggest that congress has the power to investigate, and subpoena, and receive the information they ask for.

Is there any 'legitimate grounds' for SCOTUS to rule against all previous decisions? I certainly don't see any, but that's the whole point of stacking the courts. It lets you do illegal things and have the judiciary not rule against you.

Essentially, if the SCOTUS was free from political pressure, there is zero chance they would rule that the president is free from investigations by congress into the things they are doing. Is that what is going to happen now? I don't think anyone knows - it really depends on Chief Justice John Roberts. While considered conservative, he's not the 'lets nuke the planet to make jesus come back' kind of conservative that someone like Pence is. If SCOTUS does take up the case, the votes will be along 'party' lines with Roberts the deciding vote.

I'd hope SCOTUS doesn't choose to take up the case, since if they do they are signaling they feel that at least some kind of decision by the lower courts was incorrect, even if the outcome was correct.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#9758 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 November 2019 - 11:17 PM

Trump and his "I barely know the man" routine. How many times is he going to dip into that well? His white nationalist rallies are a broken record of past hits and his lies are on repeat, rewind, hit play, repeat, rewind, hit play. Unbelievable.

#9759 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 23 November 2019 - 05:02 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 22 November 2019 - 11:17 PM, said:

Trump and his "I barely know the man" routine. How many times is he going to dip into that well? His white nationalist rallies are a broken record of past hits and his lies are on repeat, rewind, hit play, repeat, rewind, hit play. Unbelievable.

Maybe he is not lying. I could easily believe he forgets the name of anyone he speaks to the minute they leave the room. Half narcissism and half dementia.

The man is 3 std deviations off normal. The only things scarier that he is leading the country is that half the country wanted him two.

I said to my family the other idea. It’s not his policies which make him so abhorrent though I disagree with most of them!. It’s his style, it’s who he is! It’s that he comes across as crass, illiterate,uninformed, uncaring, and inelegant. Obama was a president who could give a speech on a policy you disagreed with and when he was done you would at least think great speech. Trump can try sell you a policy you agree with and by the time he is done your just wondering if he is okay.

#9760 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 23 November 2019 - 05:05 AM

'Giuliani associate willing to tell Congress Nunes met with ex-Ukrainian official to get dirt on Biden'

https://www.cnn.com/...QBfiikDNXwjNUlQ

And our next witness is....

Share this topic:

• 706 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users