• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#8621 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:33 PM

The sad thing is literally every single person in the Dem party that is running would be a much better president than the turd currently doing it but you absolutely know they're all going to mess it up somehow.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#8622 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 March 2019 - 06:42 PM

Sanders cuts head on shower door, receives 7 stitches

Senile old grandpa not a good look when running for president. Come on, we want to 'feel the Bern!'. Instead, I think we may need to investigate 'assisted living' options for peepaw Sanders.

#8623 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:48 PM

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#8624 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 March 2019 - 11:27 PM

On a lighter note?

#8625 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:47 PM

TIL Jimmy Carter becomes oldest living president (today). Surpassing George H.W. Bush.

Jimmy Carter becomes oldest living American president

That peanut farmer may see 100, even after having cancer. Farmers come from tough stock. I know from experience, as my dad and his dad before him (on back) were farmers.

#8626 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 22 March 2019 - 09:36 PM

The long-expected Mueller time has arrived.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#8627 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 22 March 2019 - 10:02 PM

Well yes and no. This dude Seth Abramson who really knows his stuff is doing a series of tweets about how it's anything but done...

https://twitter.com/...9581712386?s=19
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#8628 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 22 March 2019 - 10:05 PM

Well, damn.

#8629 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 22 March 2019 - 10:33 PM

This is a downer post, so be warned:

I dunno, I find Abramson to be a little optimistic, to put it mildly. Like, he's not Louise Mensch-level crazy, making things up willy nilly, but he for some reason still has this misplaced faith in institutions, especially those run by "good" Republicans, and it leads him down this rabbit hole of hope that the good guys will win and the bad guys will meet their comeuppance that is just, like, 99% unlikely to ever happen. And he does present his guesses as certainties pretty often.

Like do I believe that Trump colluded with Russia directly throughout the election, and is continuing to collude with them now, either because they have compromising information on him or because it's a continuation of his lifelong dealings with organized crime, or both? Yes, of course. That's all plainly true. It's also true that Mueller seeking no further indictments in this particular investigation isn't proof that none of that happened, and it certainly doesn't rule out all of Trump's criminal pursuits outside of the election.

But you better believe the Trump and GOP machines are going to latch onto this like a vindication. And because establishment Dems have already abdicated their responsibilities, making zero case for impeachment outside of Russia collusion (and even that was weak-kneed), thus putting all their eggs in this basket, they've already given the GOP the power to gloat here. Maybe it's wiser longterm to run against Trump in 2020 than it is to impeach him...who knows? But if you think Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer -- or Joe Biden, Beto, Booker, etc. -- are going to hold these people accountable in any capacity outside of campaign ads, you got another thing coming. It's gonna be Obama's take on Bush all over again. And that's if they win in 2020, which is by no means guaranteed. Do not expect these people to save us.

This post has been edited by worry: 22 March 2019 - 10:35 PM

#8630 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:28 PM

In news of what the Dem party machine is actually concerned with today: https://www.national...FAOJVLRMIIGKLY7

House Democrats Move to Hobble Primary Challengers
The party’s congressional campaign arm rolled out new hiring standards to deter firms from working with candidates who run against incumbents.

This post has been edited by worry: 22 March 2019 - 11:30 PM

#8631 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 23 March 2019 - 10:41 AM

View Postworry, on 22 March 2019 - 11:28 PM, said:

In news of what the Dem party machine is actually concerned with today: https://www.national...FAOJVLRMIIGKLY7

House Democrats Move to Hobble Primary Challengers
The party’s congressional campaign arm rolled out new hiring standards to deter firms from working with candidates who run against incumbents.

That seems very undemocratic.

#8632 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 23 March 2019 - 10:59 AM

Seems desperate.

#8633 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 23 March 2019 - 11:09 AM

Seems more like ...

Attached File(s)

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#8634 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 24 March 2019 - 09:21 PM

Welp. According to Barr there was no conspiracy with Russia. Trump and his cronies are obviously elated and now very likely to win in 2020.

A lot of people are saying that this is just the Barr interpretation of things and there is still a lot going on but man it feels like it's over. A lot of deflation going on, sadly. Even if Barr has been as kind to Trump as possible it is probably too late. His fans will feel vindicated regardless of what happens even if all the other investigations start bringing other stuff forward...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#8635 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 24 March 2019 - 09:31 PM

I always suspected there wouldn't be any obvious evidence of collusion. Trump and his team are just very ignorant and arrogant people not necessarily Russian agents. Criminals, just not those kinds of criminals .. unless it seems profitable

Trump can claim victory but just because there's no obvious collusion, that doesn't nullify the report. Lots of people have been arrested and lots of people will still be indicted, including Roger Stone.

Trump may be made of Teflon but everything around him is rotten. The report and the arrests, coupled with his political ineptitude, coupled with his tax returns and numerous lawsuits will make it easy for any Democrat to dunk on him at any given opportunity during an election debate.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 24 March 2019 - 09:41 PM

#8636 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 March 2019 - 09:51 PM

I see no reason to think he's "very likely to win in 2020" -- at least, relative to where he was before the report. So it's not unlikely, but c'mon. He barely won in 2016 against the most reviled person in mainstream politics. Now if Biden wins the nomination, THAT'S when everyone should start quaking in their boots.

#8637 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 24 March 2019 - 10:26 PM

NO trump Russian involvement !!!!

Per mueller . boom!

Trump just won 2020.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#8638 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 24 March 2019 - 10:32 PM

Hopefully this leads, Trump, us toward working with our Russian allies and working toward a more peaceful relationship.

One that empower peace VS this Cold War ideology many are gunning for..

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 24 March 2019 - 10:34 PM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#8639 User is online   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 24 March 2019 - 11:27 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 24 March 2019 - 10:32 PM, said:

Hopefully this leads, Trump, us toward working with our Russian allies and working toward a more peaceful relationship.

One that empower peace VS this Cold War ideology many are gunning for..

Trump not colluding doesn't mean Russia didn't do everything it could to hack tour elections. Calling them your allies is a stretch.

Also trump is and remains a disaster. He is a policy disaster. He cancelled sanctions on North Korea by tweet and no one knows what sanctions he is talking about! That's not a way to run anythinf never mind the world's most powerful nation.

His tax breaks failed to work as promised. His wall has required a bizzare constitutional mess to. Fund after shutting down goverment for a month and he has the worst approval rating in history.

It's not enough for a president to do a good job, which I argue trump isn't, they must be the candidate who can do the best job. Trump is certainly not that.

#8640 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:49 AM

Have I gone mad or is Apt the only one making sense here? Don't go off the deep end in either direction, folks!
Spoiler

Special counsel Robert Mueller’s team indicted or got guilty pleas from 34 people and three companies during their lengthy investigation, which is now complete. That group is composed of six former Trump advisers, 26 Russian nationals, three Russian companies, one California man [wasn't me!], and one London-based lawyer. Seven of these people (including five of the six former Trump advisers) have pleaded guilty.

It was a very narrow, conservative (in the non-political sense) investigation that reaped moderate results. We already knew what AG Barr was going to do -- he was AG under Bush Sr. and a primary cheerleader when he did the Iran Contra pardons, after all -- so he was never going to indict anyone new of his own accord. It woulda been nice to see Don Jr. get perp walked, of course, but it was always going to be up to voters to decide whether they still support the braindead racist sex pest grifter who locks children in cages or somebody who doesn't do that. And that even that choice is just one of many that either reinforce or combat the disease for which Trump is just one particularly gross symptom.

Share this topic:

• 706 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Facebook