• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#7841 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 31 October 2018 - 09:35 PM

I take your point about how much he's sullied the office, but worth noting that even that sense of division isn't accurate.

Worth checking this whole thread (it's not super long) vvvvv

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#7842 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 October 2018 - 10:46 PM

And again, it's because he's a violent white nationalist who supports and encourages brutal and deadly violence against ethnic and religious minorities, otherwise vulnerable 'others', as well as his political enemies.

#7843 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:51 AM

WOW!

#7844 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:01 AM

The thing that really annoys me about coverage of Trump is that the reporters don't pressure the president. Everytime Trump says "A lot of people say" or "according to x number/this report" the next question should always be who said that? Where did you get that number? What are you basing this on? Etc. It will probably get you black listed but at some point he either stops saying bullshit or enough outlets are silenced for it to become an issue.

#7845 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:20 AM

I assume that the ones that did pressure him are already blacklisted. He probably just doesn't talk to anyone other than Fox News and similar Trump-friendly outlets. His campaign to kill free journalism in the US seems to have largely succeeded already.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#7846 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:38 PM

That idiot Jacob Wohl (the one who was recently exposed seemingly trying to pay women to falsely accuse Mueller of sexual misconduct in an attempt to discredit him, but then left a massive online trail of his idiotic attempt including linking the investigation company that did the supposed exposing to his MOM's home phone #, then pretending not to know that company even though there are images of HIM as the boss, ect. FULL STORY HERE)

...is STILL GOING through with it today at a press conference at a Holiday Inn at 12pm ET...because apparently he's not JUST stupid, he's begging to be incarcerated by the FBI for his involvement in the scheme to attack Mueller with false accusations.

Also, this is my fave take after he was exposed...

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 01 November 2018 - 02:39 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#7847 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:13 PM

Obviously this Wohl guy is a Democrat plant. It's Just another false flag operation to drum up sympathy for the fake crooked deep state Mueller investigation

#7848 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 November 2018 - 06:21 PM

Cause, on 01 November 2018 - 08:51 AM, said:

WOW!

That "wow" is a bit scary. I know I can come across (and probably am) a bit myopic...obviously the US isn't the only country with racism, ethnocentrism, etc. There's plenty of countries with worse corruption, worse government, less freedom, lower quality of life, etc. We're not even the only 'western-style democracy' flirting with fascism or closest to it. But it's so frustrating (for me, and much worse, dangerously worse, than merely frustrating for others) to fall so short, to be going backwards.

#7849 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 November 2018 - 06:28 PM

Lol, how bad a grifter do you have to be in a time Donald Trump was elected president, Pizzagate happened, there are dozens of weirdos selling manhood supplements and philosophies, and you still fail so hard at getting traction?

#7850 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 November 2018 - 07:52 PM

#7851 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 04 November 2018 - 09:06 AM

Im Willing to think their is probably a lot of truth to these comments. However the tweet has the same thought I did. If someone says something that outragously racist in your presence and you just go with it your part of the problem. Not making me thing any better of Cohen,

#7852 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 November 2018 - 03:38 PM

I am inappropriately excited for the election in two days. It's like waiting for a car crash on Christmas.

What ever way this goes the media shit storm is going to be spectacular.

How convinced are you guys that this blue wave will actually bare fruit?

#7853 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 04 November 2018 - 04:23 PM

Alternative Goose, on 04 November 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

bare fruit?

When the emperor has no clothes, we all get to see his bare fruit.

#7854 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 November 2018 - 05:13 PM

One observation I've made about this 'midterm election': where are all the political signs in people's yards?

In my neighborhood anyway, that was always a thing (political signs), even during midterm elections (and even city/local elections). I would always see signs for individual candidates for various seats in local, state and federal govt., as well as signs for or against various measures to be voted on. Now nothing. Have we truly become Russian hacked Facebook voting slaves? Have politics become so divisive in the U.S. that we are afraid to put signs in our yards for fear of someone who disagrees with us doing something to our property?! WTF is going on in 2018!

On a side note. Guys, don't get your news from Facebook. I suggest quitting Facebook altogether. But if you must use it for event purposes (and associated scheduling), then use it only for that.

#7855 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 04 November 2018 - 06:45 PM

If you care about your country BK, don't vote Republican.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#7856 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 November 2018 - 06:58 PM

That's a terrible way of convincing somebody not to vote Republican.

Vote for the party you think represents your needs and values. Just remember to figure out who and what you're voting for before you sign the ballot.

This post has been edited by Alternative Goose: 04 November 2018 - 07:00 PM

#7857 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 November 2018 - 07:58 PM

Cause, on 04 November 2018 - 09:06 AM, said:

Im Willing to think their is probably a lot of truth to these comments. However the tweet has the same thought I did. If someone says something that outragously racist in your presence and you just go with it your part of the problem. Not making me thing any better of Cohen,

Yah that's why I included the followup tweet. It's likely true and they're crabs in a barrel.

Speaking of the Louisiana election, I did hear about one important ballot measure, Amendment 2: apparently LA is one of only two states that still doesn't require unanimous jury decisions (it's a legacy law from Jim Crow when black people could serve on juries, but they wanted to grant white majorities on juries the ability to override them). That seems worth showing up for, if for no other reason.

In terms of Republicans vs Dems, I think it's obvious where I stand. I guess my summary argument would be: even if you typically vote R -- and to be clear, BK specifically has always said he's not a one-party voter, he's in no way a "loyal Republican", and to get off his damn back already about Hillary Clinton :( -- but even if you did go R in 2016, it's pretty clear by now that R politicians from top to bottom are 100% in line with Trump's misogyny, white supremacy, anti-LGBT, anti-healthcare, pro-dictator, pro-corporate stances. And whether it's because they truly believe in those things or because they're willing to ignore them to get their Neocon or Tea Party social-conservative agenda items in the mix, it's an unacceptable bargain. Even the one good thing Trump promised -- infrastructure spending -- is a no-go with a Republican congress. How many "Infrastructure Weeks" have we had already with absolutely nothing to show for it?

#7858 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:03 PM

Alternative Goose, on 04 November 2018 - 06:58 PM, said:

That's a terrible way of convincing somebody not to vote Republican.

Vote for the party you think represents your needs and values. Just remember to figure out who and what you're voting for before you sign the ballot.

Yes I now realise what I sound like. Apologies. I just really think the Repubs are very bad for the country and I get passionate haha.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#7859 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:09 PM

Sure. We have no idea what state or county BK lives in. Could be a choice between plague or cholera to use a Danish term.

#7860 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:26 PM

I like that term haha
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

Share this topic:

• 720 Pages +