• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#6461 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:10 PM

It's a pro-Assad, pro-Putin, pro-Kim Jong Un, pro-Stalin "anti-imperialist" blog that argues the solution to American imperialism is Soviet-style strongman imperialism. My guess is they wouldn't consider themselves 'right-wing,' given the regimes they support, despite the fact that they're simply trading one brand of concentrated, oligarchic power for another. Also they've published several Ukrainian genocide-denial essays (I won't link to any but you can google 'greanville post holodomor' to confirm).
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#6462 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:06 AM

Nicodimas, on 25 February 2018 - 09:16 PM, said:

Solid article on lefts sudden obsession with Russia.

http://www.greanvill...o-end-all-wars/

Solid.

You say solid, but I'm not sure it means what you think it means...
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#6463 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:49 PM

Solid like my bowel movements

#6464 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:50 PM

Really good article about the GOP

#6465 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:09 PM

Nicodimas, on 25 February 2018 - 09:16 PM, said:

Solid article on lefts sudden obsession with Russia.

http://www.greanvill...o-end-all-wars/

Solid.

Okay, I'll bite, b/c we're talking about Ukraine again.

So, for starters, the article makes no mention of the fact that the good and honorable Mr. Putin actually annexed a piece of a sovereign state. I mean, THAT is what makes one an aggressor. It's International Law 101. (Especially when the state that lost territory wasn't being aggressive towards the annexor).

Second, the notion of Ukraine "re-conquering" Donbas with US help is laughable. UA's been begging US for anti-tank missile complexes since the war began, and there's been no movements on that, for a VERY good reason- the Ukrainian military remains a cesspool of corruption and there are virtually no guarantees that these Javelins, or any other form of offensive weaponry wouldn't get sold by some enterprising colonel or general to the highest bidder- including terro-russians.

Overall, with the amount of wonderful black market smuggling money to be made over the "grey border" with Donbas, the war in its current "frozen" state is a cash cow for UA's leadership that they'll be hard-pressed to release. It also allows Poroshenko to use war-time rhetoric (without actually, y'know, fighting a war) and shut down all accusations against his own corruption by blaming the accusers as "undermining the nation's security" or, as people joke back home "don't talk bad about Poroshenko, or Putin will attack"

The latest proclamation by the Parliament that finally officially names Russia as the aggressor and places the blame squarely at Moscow's feet is a great symbolic gesture (only 4 years after the war started, but, y'know, minor details) and it's aimed primarily for ICJ in vain (imho) hopes of suing Russia for damages that (I'm sure some believe) will help UA to deal with its systemic economic woes (spoiler warning: they won't)

I'm not in a position to comment on the middle eastern aspects of the article (EM with his Iranian background would probably be more knowledgeable on this), but as far as labeling Russia the aggressor, we'll... it IS one, so there's that.

Obviously I also disagree with the whole "US organized the same coup d'etat Revolution sentiment that's presented as a obvious fact, but I'm not gonna go into detail into that here, b/c we have a dedicated thread for that, and I already expressed my reasons there.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 26 February 2018 - 06:10 PM

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#6466 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:33 PM

Nunberg on MSNBC.... Wow. Just... wow. Live self-suicide for what reason?

He's basically sacrificing himself for Roger Stone. And that dude is a scumbag.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#6467 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:32 AM

He's still at it, man. He's on CNN right now.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#6468 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 March 2018 - 07:34 AM

Finally got ahead of what is going on with Nunberg. Man that was some entertaining shit. You can't write comedy gold as good as that. If you can, do yourselves a favor and watch Stephen Colbert's opening to tonight's (Monday, March 5) Late Show. He pretty much stays out of the way of the comedy gold and just compiles it all in one funny monologue. Amazing times we are living.

#6469 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 06 March 2018 - 08:09 AM

You're watching someone say: "I'll take jail for 400, Alex." That's not funny. That is bizarre.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#6470 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 06 March 2018 - 08:15 AM

Trump aides are known more for rat cunning than stability, intelligence or thinking ahead. In this though they're not unlike most politicians.

But this rat it seems, has a lowered sense of self-preservation. Or maybe he's jumping on that grenade for other reasons? Blackmail? Bribery? Rampant stupidity?

A selection of his more ... interesting ... quotes from that interview.

https://edition.cnn....ysis/index.html

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 06 March 2018 - 08:21 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#6471 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 06 March 2018 - 08:19 AM

Rumors are he was drunk. I'm not going to cast stones.

But I ain't going to jail for anybody, and that is what contempt of court will get you in a heartbeat. Judges and prosecutors don't fuck around with shenanigans.

#6472 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 06 March 2018 - 09:08 AM

I read he already recanted saying that.

what the hell is going on with these tariffs! Huge reprucussions for something so off the cuff.

#6473 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:19 PM

He was probably a combination of drunk, overly medicated on some prescribed anxiety medication and maybe a toot or two of cocaine to give him media muscles, if you know what I'm sayin'. You don't act like that and have your responses bizarrely jumping all over the place only being (quote/unquote) drunk.

And if you don't find this whole thing funny as hell and comedy gold (and yes, I'll throw bizarre in there) then you and I are gonna tangle. Or maybe I just have a sick sense of humor?Posted Image. I mean, you do realize this is the new norm of how things are since November 8, 2016, right? So, might as well find the comedy gold in it all.

A CNN Anchor Asks Former Trump Aide Sam Nunberg If He's Drunk: 'I Have Smelled Alcohol On Your Breath'

#6474 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:01 PM

Cause, on 06 March 2018 - 09:08 AM, said:

what the hell is going on with these tariffs! Huge reprucussions for something so off the cuff.

They haven't been implemented yet. It is how trump thinks to play hard ball in Nafta negs.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#6475 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:21 PM

Vengeance, on 06 March 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

Cause, on 06 March 2018 - 09:08 AM, said:

They haven't been implemented yet. It is how trump thinks to play hard ball in Nafta negs.

And they've already backed off on the Canadian aspect of it, as our government went at them hard for even mentioning it.

It's all big fucking talk. Trump has no idea what the repercussions of anything he says are.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6476 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:48 AM

The Swampfather, on 09 March 2018 - 12:20 AM, said:

Well that NK/SK announcement was unexpected. I’m very suspicious of the true willingness of Un to denuke NK. Atleast that was a few minutes distraction from Stormy Daniels. Sure CNN will be back covering it in 3. 2. 1..

I think it’s hightime for us to integrate the Korea's! It’s clearly not a problem. You know South Korea a capitalist state did very very well... and peace is better then war!

North Korea a very left leaning (democratic state.. like Venezuela.. like our communist trade partners China.. who just elected dictator for life! A trade partner ... wait more valuable then Europe! Why more valuable then Europe!)

I think we should seek peace ! So as a statists government as America we can seek out terrorists and drugs ! ( and guns .. soon)

The state knows all. Clearly.

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 12 March 2018 - 12:51 AM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#6477 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:10 AM

Nicodimas, on 12 March 2018 - 12:48 AM, said:

The Swampfather, on 09 March 2018 - 12:20 AM, said:

Well that NK/SK announcement was unexpected. I’m very suspicious of the true willingness of Un to denuke NK. Atleast that was a few minutes distraction from Stormy Daniels. Sure CNN will be back covering it in 3. 2. 1..

I think it’s hightime for us to integrate the Korea's! It’s clearly not a problem. You know South Korea a capitalist state did very very well... and peace is better then war!

North Korea a very left leaning (democratic state.. like Venezuela.. like our communist trade partners China.. who just elected dictator for life! A trade partner ... wait more valuable then Europe! Why more valuable then Europe!)

I think we should seek peace ! So as a statists government as America we can seek out terrorists and drugs ! ( and guns .. soon)

The state knows all. Clearly.

The problem here is your sarcasm(?) is hard to differentiate from your more serious statements.

This post has been edited by Cause: 12 March 2018 - 08:11 AM

#6478 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:37 PM

I don't even know anymore.

Just... what?

This isn't the Apprentice, Don. Good lord.

#6479 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:50 PM

H. D., on 13 March 2018 - 01:37 PM, said:

I don't even know anymore.

Just... what?

This isn't the Apprentice, Don. Good lord.

It is ok you just turn off the Secretary of states badge access so that he can't go into the office. It is fine. It is just a coincidence that Tillerson had said that Russia was definitely to blame for the chemical attack in UK.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#6480 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:59 PM

USA: Land of the rich; home of the richer.

Share this topic:

• 721 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

15 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users