• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#9301 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 August 2019 - 08:19 PM

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#9302 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 August 2019 - 08:29 PM

Saw this thanks to Terez. It might be in line with what Cause was talking about, the concept of "cascading terrorism":

#9303 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 05 August 2019 - 06:43 AM

View Postworry, on 04 August 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

That's a little bit of a misconception. There weren't 3 mass shootings last week. This is America, that would be crazy. From the period of July 28 to August 3, there were 17 mass shootings in the United States. Your idea for journalists is interesting, of course, but let's not be hasty. Republicans may have already found the culprit: video games.

That'll be Nico's argument when he does a drive by of this thread too. The US is after all the only country with video games.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#9304 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 05 August 2019 - 07:14 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 05 August 2019 - 06:43 AM, said:

That's a little bit of a misconception. There weren't 3 mass shootings last week. This is America, that would be crazy. From the period of July 28 to August 3, there were 17 mass shootings in the United States. Your idea for journalists is interesting, of course, but let's not be hasty. Republicans may have already found the culprit: video games.

That'll be Nico's argument when he does a drive by of this thread too. The US is after all the only country with video games.

Don’t worry y’all, my FB feed has the problem solved. We just need God back in schools.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#9305 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 05 August 2019 - 07:48 AM

View PostSlow Ben, on 05 August 2019 - 07:14 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 05 August 2019 - 06:43 AM, said:

Don’t worry y’all, my FB feed has the problem solved. We just need God back in schools.

Heresey, god is everywhere, always. He's with you in the shower! He's with you when your naked! Russel Howard.

My best joke, I have been playing Fifa '10 through Fifa '19 its yet to make me a football player

#9306 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 05 August 2019 - 07:53 AM

Ah, but have you participated in any post-football match violence? Maybe glassed a person or lit a car on fire?

#9307 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 05 August 2019 - 02:30 PM

View PostAptorian, on 05 August 2019 - 07:53 AM, said:

Ah, but have you participated in any post-football match violence? Maybe glassed a person or lit a car on fire?

That would make FIFA more realistic and immersive!
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#9308 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 August 2019 - 03:13 AM

#9309 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 August 2019 - 10:10 PM

Camille = Press Secretary for National Republican Congressional Committee. National, not some minor official in some backwater office.

NRCC's response to being called out:

It's who they are.

#9310 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 08 August 2019 - 03:53 AM

Excuse the third post in a row, but my brain is melting.

#9311 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 August 2019 - 01:23 PM

Not sure if this belongs in US politics but it undoubtedly has links to it:

It’s just been reported that Jeffrey Epstein has killed himself. No other information as yet, but, considering how many very powerful people he could have apparently implicated, I am instinctively sceptical that it was suicide. I predicted he would die before the trial after his arrest (the girlfriend owes me Ł5). Everyone knew about Epstein for years and years, and he was clearly protected from up on high. Until he wasn’t.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 10 August 2019 - 01:24 PM

"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#9312 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 10 August 2019 - 01:32 PM

At the very least I'd expect a billionaire in jail to be on suicide watch. Or was he on bail?

#9313 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 10 August 2019 - 01:34 PM

View PostCause, on 10 August 2019 - 01:32 PM, said:

At the very least I'd expect a billionaire in jail to be on suicide watch. Or was he on bail?

I believe he was on suicide watch since some incident in July.

I agree with the thought that there's probably some rich and powerful people around the world who're right now breathing a sigh of relief.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#9314 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 10 August 2019 - 01:52 PM

They raided his place and found stacks and stacks of recordable CDs...at a guess, he had receipts on all those powerful people is my bet. He may have escaped justice. But hopefully those he enabled will still face it.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#9315 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 10 August 2019 - 01:56 PM

Haha naive QT of course they'll escape justice. I bet this isn't a suicide or if it is, it was "encouraged" by those who could have been implemented.

I know I'm beginning to sound like Nico now but seriously, it makes sense to me.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#9316 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 10 August 2019 - 02:14 PM

Freak electrical fire that unfortunately happens to destroy all the evidence in the Epstein case in... 3... 2...

#9317 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 10 August 2019 - 03:31 PM

'Marvel’s Chairman Is Also Donald Trump’s Largest Donor

[...] it seems as if things just keep taking new turns as Trump-supporting billionaires are getting exposed left and right.

Following the outrage and subsequent boycott of Equinox and SoulCycle after it was revealed that billionaire owner Stephen Ross, who owns many brands under the umbrella of Related Companies is hosting a Southampton fundraiser for Donald Trump — Call Me By Your Name’s Armie Hammer took to Twitter to call out Marvel’s former CEO and current chairman Isaac Perlmutter for being one of Trump’s biggest financial donors. '

https://www.out.com/...qUZQbvG1Aa6Sn4U

#9318 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 10 August 2019 - 04:40 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 10 August 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

View PostCause, on 10 August 2019 - 01:32 PM, said:

I believe he was on suicide watch since some incident in July.

I agree with the thought that there's probably some rich and powerful people around the world who're right now breathing a sigh of relief.

Probably one of the most important scandals in political history. Sex as blackmail. trafficking children.

He tried to commit suicide and was on suicide watch..Being reported that CCTV failure he suicided...and they didn’t check on him for a period of time after. An hour . Well ok then. ..hey the FBI are doing the investigating at least./eyeroll. So sad. I think the saddest path is the sheer amount of people that will buy into the lie. We could probably run a scientific study on the amount of people that just believe what they are told these days is truth cause the media said it ( an authority said it).

Yet another case of failed cameras

https://mobile.twitt...199691373621250
https://www.armstron...r-after-a-deal/

Anyhow we all knew this would occur....

“If we were living in a paranoid fantasy universe, I would be very suspicious about the Epstein suicide, even about whether it was really suicide. And you know what? The Epstein case itself shows that we *are* kind of living in a paranoid fantasy universe“
-Paul Krugman

“It is certainly getting harder for people to say they’re just conspiracy theories.” Jeff Cortese

“I feel for Epstein's family, but an advantage of his "suicide" is: there is no case, and what might have been revealed at trial goes back into a closet, never to be revealed. The result: panicked politicians can now breathe easily and comfortably return to ravaging we the people.” John Mcafee

https://www.newspape...ine_maxwell_on/
https://www.mintpres...scandal/261172/
https://www.mintpres...s-today/258111/

“The easiest way to forecast the future is to know history”- reality
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#9319 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 10 August 2019 - 05:15 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 10 August 2019 - 03:31 PM, said:

'Marvel’s Chairman Is Also Donald Trump’s Largest Donor

[...] it seems as if things just keep taking new turns as Trump-supporting billionaires are getting exposed left and right.

Following the outrage and subsequent boycott of Equinox and SoulCycle after it was revealed that billionaire owner Stephen Ross, who owns many brands under the umbrella of Related Companies is hosting a Southampton fundraiser for Donald Trump — Call Me By Your Name’s Armie Hammer took to Twitter to call out Marvel’s former CEO and current chairman Isaac Perlmutter for being one of Trump’s biggest financial donors. '

https://www.out.com/...qUZQbvG1Aa6Sn4U

Perlmutter is and always has been an asshole republican grade a dickhead. This is not news. In fact this is the reason why the MCU film side is run by Kevin Feige and Fiege made sure he was unencumbered by Perlmutters idiocy through Diz CEO Bob Iger.

So yes, Marvel Comics Side of things is overlorded by this POS, but the MCU is all Fiege, Who is a well known liberal and nice guy.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#9320 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 August 2019 - 06:07 PM

Share this topic:

• 706 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users