• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#8921 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 June 2019 - 08:20 AM

View PostCause, on 06 June 2019 - 09:48 PM, said:

Which segways to the question, why is America's evangelical Christianity so unique?

Because Europe dumped all their religious zealots in America in the 1800's.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#8922 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 12 June 2019 - 08:03 PM

(They're concentration camps)
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#8923 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:24 PM

Oh Jesus, please no more wars.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#8924 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:52 PM

Could you elaborate?

Edit: perusing my news feed I'm assuming you're referring to the tonkin bay/false flag like attack on the oil tanker?

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 13 June 2019 - 06:56 PM

#8925 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:21 PM

View PostAptorian, on 13 June 2019 - 06:52 PM, said:

Could you elaborate?

Edit: perusing my news feed I'm assuming you're referring to the tonkin bay/false flag like attack on the oil tanker?

Yes. This admin is begging for a reason.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#8926 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:54 PM

I wonder what commodity could be at the heart of this subterfuge. What should I put in my "No Blood For _____" placard? Any ideas?
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#8927 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:10 PM

View Postworry, on 13 June 2019 - 07:54 PM, said:

I wonder what commodity could be at the heart of this subterfuge. What should I put in my "No Blood For _____" placard? Any ideas?

"The Blood God"
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#8928 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:53 PM

Bolton is surely a Khorne worshipper which kind of explains why him and Trump, the prince of Slaanesh, is often at odds.

#8929 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 13 June 2019 - 11:58 PM

Huckabee-Sanders is out. Let's see what troglodyte they come up with next.

#8930 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 14 June 2019 - 09:07 AM

This shit show is almost unbelievable. What are the stats on turn over now? Why is she leaving? Do we know the sordid details yet?

Also did the president of the US really say he was open to receiving dirt on his political opponents, out loud!

#8931 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 14 June 2019 - 09:07 AM

This shit show is almost unbelievable. What are the stats on turn over now? Why is she leaving? Do we know the sordid details yet?

Also did the president of the US really say he was open to receiving dirt on his political opponents, out loud!

#8932 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 14 June 2019 - 10:46 AM

I actually don't think he's wrong, theoretically. If somebody hands you information that appears to legitimately show dirt on an opponent, that should be fair game.

Why would you make a distinction between domestic and foreign political dirt?

BUUUUUUUT

It's illegal and he knows it.

That shit needs to be vetted and, if it's from say Russia, it should be given to the right authorities (After you took a copy).

You shouldn't just publish dirty laundry for the sake of damaging an opponent. There needs to be cause for revealing information about an opponent.

AAAAAAND

He's spent the past 3 years claiming no collusion, no Russian connections, he never did anything wrong, etc., etc.

And now he's just outright saying he'll accept all the foreign meddlinge he can get.

The guy needs to be impeached.

#8933 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 14 June 2019 - 10:52 AM

In theory he shouldn't be president. The EC allowed that; not the voters.

#8934 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:20 PM

Re Huckabee-Sanders, hard to say for sure but the media lines read like journalists are celebrating in the streets this is an amicable choice for her to go run the Arkansas chapter of the kkk do something else, not the kind of ejection the Trump regime is known for.

Re impeachment, there is much written on the point by people whose brains i have not yet sampled smarter and better informed than me, but my take on the bottom line is barring a video of Trump in a coke-rage, strangling an underage hooker with the American flag, supported by absolutely bullet-proof eyewitness testimony, DNA evidence, and three videos, no one has the appetite for taking a shot at impeachment that may not succeed, because that would make Trump for all intents and purposes a lock on another four years and also Immortal Dictator For Life as far as his zombies voters are concerned.

#8935 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:48 PM

View PostAptorian, on 14 June 2019 - 10:46 AM, said:

I actually don't think he's wrong, theoretically. If somebody hands you information that appears to legitimately show dirt on an opponent, that should be fair game.

Why would you make a distinction between domestic and foreign political dirt?

BUUUUUUUT

It's illegal and he knows it.

That shit needs to be vetted and, if it's from say Russia, it should be given to the right authorities (After you took a copy).

You shouldn't just publish dirty laundry for the sake of damaging an opponent. There needs to be cause for revealing information about an opponent.

AAAAAAND

He's spent the past 3 years claiming no collusion, no Russian connections, he never did anything wrong, etc., etc.

And now he's just outright saying he'll accept all the foreign meddlinge he can get.

The guy needs to be impeached.

Because if it is foreign, then you are:
1) allowing an external actor to influence your internal elections
2) potentially going to be extorted by said actor in the future or actively biased towards them out of gratitude, further undermining your national integrity
3) probably receiving information that has been obtained illegally - thereby both profiting from foreign espionage and implicitly endorsing it

And I mean, that is just the basic summary of why accepting information from a foreign source is dodgy as fuck.

Remember also, this is not one government formally passing information to another. This is a foreign government initiating clandestine contact with a specific political party for the purpose of achieving an outcome that favors that foreign nation.

If a foreign power has "legitimate dirt" on a political candidate, they shouldn't give it to that person's opponents. They should give it to the government through official channels. Hell, that actually goes for domestic sources too, but hey.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#8936 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 June 2019 - 03:14 PM

View PostAbyss, on 14 June 2019 - 02:20 PM, said:

Re impeachment, there is much written on the point by people whose brains i have not yet sampled smarter and better informed than me, but my take on the bottom line is barring a video of Trump in a coke-rage, strangling an underage hooker with the American flag, supported by absolutely bullet-proof eyewitness testimony, DNA evidence, and three videos, no one has the appetite for taking a shot at impeachment that may not succeed, because that would make Trump for all intents and purposes a lock on another four years Immortal Dictator For Life as far as his zombies voters are concerned.

Not even attempting impeachement shows the center/center-left base that the current leadership of democrats has no stomach to fix, or fight to try and fix, all the shit the GOP is doing.

I don't think anyone expects impeachement to be successful in the senate. The house still needs to do it because its the right thing to do, and it will fire up their voters, which is what they need. Those people that continue to support trump live in their own murdoch-verse, and will never vote for anyone they aren't ordered to by their choice of right-wing media cocktail.

No one who isn't a fascist should be attempting to reach those people. They are a minority in this country, and frankly need to be re-marginalized. What the democrats need to do are swing actually left and embrace what the rest of the world knows as social democracy. Prove you're willing to fight for those policies, and how those policies are going to help people.

A majority of this country doesn't vote for 2 reasons. The first is because they think their vote doesn't matter, the second is because they think no one represents them. Those are the people the democrats need to tap into.

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 14 June 2019 - 03:15 PM

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#8937 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 14 June 2019 - 03:22 PM

View PostSilencer, on 14 June 2019 - 02:48 PM, said:

If a foreign power has "legitimate dirt" on a political candidate, they shouldn't give it to that person's opponents. They should give it to the government through official channels. Hell, that actually goes for domestic sources too, but hey.

What's legitimate dirt?

Doing lines of cocaine with known criminals, ok.
Taking bribes, sure.
Meeting with corporate interest lobbyists? Probably not.
Cheating on their spouse with trisexual midget triplets? Not a crime, 'official channels' won't care, but dirty, dirty enough to cost votes... or possibly gain them, depends on the constituency.

#8938 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 14 June 2019 - 04:09 PM

View PostAbyss, on 14 June 2019 - 03:22 PM, said:

View PostSilencer, on 14 June 2019 - 02:48 PM, said:

What's legitimate dirt?

Doing lines of cocaine with known criminals, ok.
Taking bribes, sure.
Meeting with corporate interest lobbyists? Probably not.
Cheating on their spouse with trisexual midget triplets? Not a crime, 'official channels' won't care, but dirty, dirty enough to cost votes... or possibly gain them, depends on the constituency.

Hence the quotes. I think it's mostly an oxymoron by nature. Either way it shouldn't be something sourced from foreign governments or their agents.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#8939 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 14 June 2019 - 04:58 PM

But what if your opponent is a part of the deep state!

#8940 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 June 2019 - 05:38 PM

I hope Sunday school teacher Huckabee Sanders talks to a doctor who specialized in plastic surgery about options to have the perpetual hateful scowl removed from her face. On the real though, I hope she finds happiness, because she looked miserable.
#

This might as will be the next WH Press Secretary. Just place a button before it that randomly generates words like:

- Fake News
- No Collusion
- Witch Hunt
- Liberal media
- corrupt media
- Tariffs
- The Wall
- Best
- Huge
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 706 Pages +