• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#13821 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 29 September 2023 - 03:27 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 29 September 2023 - 02:52 PM, said:

It would seem Diane Feinstein has passed.

The fact that she clung to power till she was bloody 90 and died...should annoy everyone in your country.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#13822 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 29 September 2023 - 03:30 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 29 September 2023 - 03:27 PM, said:

The fact that she clung to power till she was bloody 90 and died...should annoy everyone in your country.

In Americaland, yes, no one in my country will care all that much, except to agree that she was ripe for retirement even ten years, or more, ago.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#13823 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 29 September 2023 - 03:47 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 29 September 2023 - 03:27 PM, said:

Well there goes our last best hope for primarying Biden... oh well. Guess we'll have to settle for the whippersnapper....

#13824 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 02 October 2023 - 10:37 PM

https://www.cnn.com/...rans/index.html

At least general Kelly didn’t save this info for a book but when excactly did he think we needed to hear this?

If Trump is such an exestentisl threat to America shouldn’t he, Bolton, Barr and the thirty or so other former White House staff and cabinet members say it in a political add, on a debate stage and from the rooftops.

#13825 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 03 October 2023 - 11:57 AM

Trump shared this on Truth Social:

It's not clear if he genuinely considers Jesus—depicted in his post with [alabaster] white skin and dressed like Obi-Wan Kenobi—to be on his side in the case.

Trump Shares Surreal Courtroom Sketch of Him Sitting Next to Jesus (thedailybeast.com)

Trump calls for police to shoot shoplifters as they leave the store

[...]

"We will immediately stop all of the pillaging and theft. Very simply: If you rob a store, you can fully expect to be shot as you are leaving that store," he said Friday during a speech to California Republicans.

His comments drew applause [...] and he loudly said "shot" again for emphasis.

Trump calls for police to shoot shoplifters as they leave the store (usatoday.com)

Just like Jesus said in the Old Testament... Send them to me in hell! I love people torturing people!

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 03 October 2023 - 11:59 AM

#13826 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 03 October 2023 - 12:23 PM

That's a ... very Ten Commandments Heston-esque Jesus (?) there. I can just imagine him saying "from my cold dead hands" as easily as "let my people go!".
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#13827 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 03 October 2023 - 01:46 PM

The key point isn't the shoplifting, it's the shooting. He could have been talking about jaywalking for that his target audience (pun intended) cares.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#13828 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 03 October 2023 - 04:21 PM

Let's be clear. In no universe does Donald J. Trump BELIEVE in god, or Jesus or any other faith-based religious path. Just like everything else, it's a means to an end....he pretends to care and to be devout to keep the stupidest and most deeply religious (and under-educated) base voters on the hook and stumping for him...

Trump is likely as atheist as I am...but he knows he can USE the evangelical US to his advantage....and none of them will admit they've been fleeced like that ever...FFS these people recently said they think that Trump is closer to god and godliness than people like Pence, and Romney....two people who's entire identities are inextricably linked to "god" and "religion"....but somehow the failed game show host adulterer is the paragon of their religion?

Bruh
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#13829 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 03 October 2023 - 08:50 PM

McCarthy OUT as Speaker. What a clusterfuck. Who wants to be held hostage by the far right MAGA people by accepting that role? Nobody wants that job... it's a lose/lose. Either you get nothing accomplished or you fuck over the country.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#13830 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 03 October 2023 - 09:47 PM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 03 October 2023 - 08:50 PM, said:

McCarthy OUT as Speaker. What a clusterfuck. Who wants to be held hostage by the far right MAGA people by accepting that role? Nobody wants that job... it's a lose/lose. Either you get nothing accomplished or you fuck over the country.

Time for Speaker Marjorie Taylor Greene?

... or will it be Lauren Boebert?...

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 03 October 2023 - 09:48 PM

#13831 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 October 2023 - 09:58 PM

Given the way the USA is sliding into a literal version of idiocracy, it will be a theatre jack off competition to decide between the two

#13832 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 03 October 2023 - 10:01 PM

Gaetz voted for [Donald] Trump to be the speaker during multiple rounds of the January vote and noted to reporters on Monday that the speaker does not need to be a member of Congress.

Representative Andy Ogles polled his followers on the social media platform X, formerly known as Twitter, on Tuesday to ask who should be the speaker, and included Trump as one of the options.

Who could succeed Republican Kevin McCarthy as speaker of the US House? | Reuters

So if Trump doesn't win the electoral college all they'll need to do is murder Biden and Kamala Harris to restore th'anointed to His rightful Throne....

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 03 October 2023 - 10:22 PM

#13833 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 03 October 2023 - 11:39 PM

I am 80% positive they will vote him back as speaker

#13834 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 04 October 2023 - 12:01 AM

Says he won't run for it again. We'll see.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#13835 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 04 October 2023 - 12:41 AM

The White House needs to do something classy and urge bipartisanship instead of criticizing the GOP. Everyone already knows that they can’t stand together and it doesn’t need to be called out.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#13836 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 04 October 2023 - 01:41 AM

I think there's a dark horse shot Elise Stefanik gets the spot and she's absolutely garbage. She's from sorta my area of NY (I'm in Tonko's district) and I'm so tired of her shit.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#13837 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 04 October 2023 - 04:10 AM

This is George Santos movement to shine!

#13838 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 04 October 2023 - 09:12 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 03 October 2023 - 04:21 PM, said:

Let's be clear. In no universe does Donald J. Trump BELIEVE in god, or Jesus or any other faith-based religious path. Just like everything else, it's a means to an end....he pretends to care and to be devout to keep the stupidest and most deeply religious (and under-educated) base voters on the hook and stumping for him...

Trump is likely as atheist as I am...but he knows he can USE the evangelical US to his advantage....and none of them will admit they've been fleeced like that ever...FFS these people recently said they think that Trump is closer to god and godliness than people like Pence, and Romney....two people who's entire identities are inextricably linked to "god" and "religion"....but somehow the failed game show host adulterer is the paragon of their religion?

Bruh

I often wonder if the bug mega church pastors and MAGA cult espousing evangelicals have actually ever read the words of Jesus. He had a whole lot to say about money and the rich and nothing to say about gay people.

I started watching The Righteous Gemstones and couldn't get past 1 episode because while it was funny I got too angry and sad.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#13839 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 04 October 2023 - 10:58 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 04 October 2023 - 09:12 AM, said:

I often wonder if the bug mega church pastors and MAGA cult espousing evangelicals have actually ever read the words of Jesus. He had a whole lot to say about money and the rich and nothing to say about gay people.

I started watching The Righteous Gemstones and couldn't get past 1 episode because while it was funny I got too angry and sad.

What's the quote? "That many a true word hath been spoke in jest" or something like that?
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#13840 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 October 2023 - 11:02 AM

If I remember my scripture: "Therefore if any man swear by Tash and keep his oath for the oath’s sake, it is by me that he has truly sworn, though he know it not, and it is I who reward him. And if any man do a cruelty in my name, then, though he says the name of Aslan, it is Tash whom he serves and by Tash his deed is accepted."

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

Share this topic:

• 721 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

141 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 141 guests, 0 anonymous users