#201 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 15 December 2022 - 04:15 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 15 December 2022 - 04:08 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 15 December 2022 - 03:25 PM, said:

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 15 December 2022 - 03:09 PM, said:

I wonder if the sequel series for Snow is going to have any affect on whatever it is GRRM has planned. Or are they going multiverse type, this is a different story sort of thing.

From want I understand Kit went to GRRM with his idea and GRRM approved it, so I feel like it will be a soft retcon of S8 to align more with what GRRM set out, and the show will add context to everything. Like I think the Prince that was Promised thing is still in play, and the "Long Night" is still in play and has not occurred yet.

I can't see any show continuing Jon's journey to NOT softly retcon some of the more heinous things D&D did in S8.

As such, I expect the two remaining books to sort of align with that if they need to?

But in the end, who knows.

I'm going to be cautiously optimistic that you're correct.

I would hope he just ignores the future of the tvverse and writes the damn books however he wants.
I can understand a reluctance to do 'exactly' what they did for the show but it seems like an unnecessary extra burden. Similarly trying to set up future tv series via the books if just another layer of delay and complication.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#202 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 15 December 2022 - 04:17 PM

That's a fair comment. But I will say that if Kit went to him and he approved it...then I gotta think he thought it was a good idea and as such might incorporate it into if not TWOW, perhaps ADOS?

Just a thought.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#203 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 15 December 2022 - 05:00 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 15 December 2022 - 04:17 PM, said:

That's a fair comment. But I will say that if Kit went to him and he approved it...then I gotta think he thought it was a good idea and as such might incorporate it into if not TWOW, perhaps ADOS?

Just a thought.

From GMM's blog, credit to Harrington, he knew how to play the game and attached what seems like a good team...

Yes, it was Kit Harrington who brought the idea to us. I cannot tell you the names of the writers/ showrunners, since that has not been cleared for release yet… but Kit brought them in too, his own team, and they are terrific.

THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users