• 11 Pages +
  • Last »

The Winds of Winter A new chapter release Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Geoffray 

• Rory "The bloody last Centurion" Williams
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

Hi guys.

As last year, Martin share a bit of TWOW. This time it's an Arianne chapters. Enjoy
Sorry for my english ;), I'm french :P

I've came with a message and a question. A message from The Doctor and a question from me. Where Is My Wife?!

Rory "God himself" Williams

#22 User is offline   Mikkelinski 

• Corporal

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

Ah, I really want to see more of Dorne. It is one of the more interesting areas and I really like the Martells and Hotah (except for Quentyn who had it coming). Also, I'm hopeless at navigating his site so I couldn't find the other preview that you guys were talking about, where do I have to click?

#23 User is offline   Geoffray 

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

The previous chapter (a Theon one) is not available anymore. You can read a summary on the ASOIAF wiki I think.

This post has been edited by Geoffray: 02 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

I've came with a message and a question. A message from The Doctor and a question from me. Where Is My Wife?!

#24 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast
  • Interests:Knives. Stabbing. Stabbing with knives.

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

And if he does things like he did for ADWD, he'll rotate the Theon and Arianne excerpts periodically, so you'll likely see it again. Just keep checking back with the site once a month or so.
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#25 User is offline   Geoffray 

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:33 PM

Guys, once again a new chapter for TWOW:
Mercy

#26 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:47 PM

That was just messed up, not far off Bakker levels. But the ending was brilliant.
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#27 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:49 PM

Is there actually an eta for book whatever number?
I vowed after the last shambolic effort not to give him anymore.money but people seem to be hyped up by these chapters

#28 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:21 PM

View PostMacros, on 28 March 2014 - 02:49 PM, said:

Is there actually an eta for book whatever number?

No.

He seems to be post-poning almost everything that isn't writing and getting down to brass tacks, though. I'm thinking he delivers it late this year for a summer publication next year, but that's my estimation of how much he gets done with his invested time and the viability of it.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#29 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:55 PM

Late 2015 appears to be 'possible' according to GRRM and his publishers. GRRM has even said that for this book he's had to do nothing like the rewriting he needed to do on AFFC and ADWD (so far), which especially for ADWD was what caused the ludicrous delays. He seems to be pretty cautious and downplaying optimism, which is better than the opposite I suppose, but it makes it difficult to get more of a handle on progress.

This post has been edited by Werthead: 28 March 2014 - 06:57 PM

Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#30 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast
  • Interests:Knives. Stabbing. Stabbing with knives.

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:54 PM

I'll be impressed if it drops in 2015.

Meanwhile, that Mercy chapter was awesome. Arya is my second-favorite character of the series. Though this may have put her tied for first.

This post has been edited by McLovin: 28 March 2014 - 07:56 PM

OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#31 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:32 PM

The Mercy chapter was good, don't get me wrong. (Spoilers for that chapter below)

Spoiler

I'm also very cognizant of the fact that I'm hypercritical when it comes to GRRM these days, and feel fairly certain I just need to STFU.

EDIT: And, @Wert, it was def messed up, but a pervert pinching an underage girl's nipples (as bad as it is) and thousands of Sranc jizzing synthetic black devil goo into the eyeholes of corpses while Inchoroi reek of fish and laugh their mucousy laugh aren't even close to the same level IMO.

This post has been edited by Ceda Cicero: 28 March 2014 - 09:35 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on 07 April 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

How do you rape a cave? Do you ask, "You want to fuck, yes?" hear the echo come back, "Yes... es... es..." and get your barnacle-gouged groove on?

#32 User is offline   Gabriele 

• High Fist
  • Interests:History, Archaeology, Photogrpahy, Writing, Opera, Traveling, Riding, Languages

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:50 PM

Is Mercy underage? Also, take into account that this is a society when a girl was a woman once she had her blood. So at this time probably Arya herself is no longer a girl. Concepts of childhood and underage sex like we have today didn't exist, and a man in this society is no perv for acting within the societal norms.

I feel a bit more uneasy about the Littlefinger/Sansa relationship, not because Sansa is still but a teenager, but because Littlefinger sort of sees a younger Cat in her and esp. in the first book (when she was still a girl) gives a 'nice uncle' vibe that deserves a kick where it hurts.

#33 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

Arya lies for herself/Mercy having had the first period. So, yes, she's still underage even by that definition.

#34 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:37 PM

For 20 grand, he better kill me good...

http://www.prizeo.co...helicopter-ride
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#35 User is offline   Luperci 

• Not Bruce Wayne
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Fighting crime and hanging with my Butler

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:28 PM

I understand that these books take awhile and Martin has a busy plate with editing other books, the show and Ice and Fire but 7 years on the last book and the way this one is going just seems a bit outrageous to me. I mean SE wrote an epic fantasy 10 book series in 10 years. George is not a young man and at this rate it seems hard to imagine that he will ever finish the series, especially if the rumors about their being an 8th book are true. I look at it from his perspective and I see a man who has world renown fame for this series, one of the biggest tv shows ever and countless praise for his books. One this series is finished that will slow down and eventually people will move on, maybe Martin is trying to savor every bit I dont know but it seems the show will catch up and pass George, then what? Does the show carry on and finish not wanting to wait or do they take a hiatus?
The Harder the world, the fiercer the Honor.

-Dancer

#36 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:43 PM

Benioff and Weiss have already said that they know the ending, and aren't waiting for George to finish. With the kids involved they can't take even a LITTLE hiatus from the series.

In that regard the show will surpass the books probably next season (for some plotlines at least), and will also likely beat GRRM to the ending (barring a miracle). So book fans will know how it ends before they read it (as long as they watch the show)...and reading both the final books will be more about completionism and possibly little differences in the narrative than it will be about finding out what happens.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 19 June 2014 - 06:45 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#37 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:25 PM

What if they purposely choose to do different endings? Games can have multiple outcomes in parallel universes.

"You want it to be this way... but it's the other way." - Marlo Stanfield.

#38 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:37 PM

it was GRRM that lead to me no longer reading ANY preview chapters at all from any author.

By the time he finally released A Feast For Crows and I bought it and read it, it felt like I was only getting about 50% of a new book.

Just my 0.0000000002 cents.
meh. Link was dead :(

#39 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:42 PM

I've been thinking, and I think I've noticed something kinda fun/quirky about this series (and forgive me if someone has already pointed it out, though I find that unlikely, but I don't want to step on anyone's toes): after the first three books it seems this series is taking a conspicuously long time to write! I knew Old Man Martin lived in New Mexico, but I didn't realize he was an actual tortoise! Haha he's fallen on his back and can't get up, someone go tip him back over so he can finish writing LOL!
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#40 User is offline   D'iversify 

• First Sword

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:54 PM

I think tWoW will come out a little after Season 5 plays, i.e. Summer 2015. Season 5 may have a little stuff from the very start of tWoW (perhaps the Battle of Meereen as a season finale). But, whilst they're certainly padded books, aFfC and aDwD have a lot of material to cover, so I don't see a need for the producers to try to push much further into tWoW. The real trouble will be with Season 7 and A Dream of Spring (I think an eighth book is unlikely given that Martin played down his publisher's statement - also he's probably gotten a lot of the worldbuilding out of his system with contributing to The World of Ice and Fire, so there'll likey be less exposition on the history of Westeros and Essos in future books than there was in aDwD [I enjoyed these kinds of details, but not everyone's cup of tea I know, especially for those frustrated with the pace of plotting]). Of course, if they wanted to stay true to the books without spoilering the books, they coud always film Season 7 and delay its release until around the same time as the book's release, but I don't imagine that would be popular particularly if aDoS also takes 4-5 years to write.
I am the Onyx Wizards

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users