• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars - The Old Republic MMO clan?

#261 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

They have already announced they are de-coupling the patch times, so that EU and Oceanic servers get patched in thier 'off-times'.

When that is going to happen I have no idea, but there you go.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#262 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:58 AM

Downloading the game for a free trial this weekend. Cool to play it for a couple of days, just to see what it's like.

#263 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

Well, that was certainly a lot of fun. Game is enough RPG and enougf Bioware for me. Even liked the MMO parts, killing a champion droid with a group of other players. Reached level 11 with my Jedi knight and level 6 with my Sith Inquisitor. Too bad I don't have the time to play it for longer, (I would certainly play more than would be good for me right now.) I'm quite sure I will play it in some months, when I can find the time for it.

I wonder how you guys, (Apt, Gothos, Garak and other posters on this thread), liked the latter parts of the game. Did you reach level 50, how good was the stories ending, did the number of bugs increase at the end? And did it keep you interested to keep playing when you reached higher levels?

#264 User is offline   Loki 

• Knight Commander of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

View PostAvatar, on 16 March 2012 - 01:58 AM, said:

Downloading the game for a free trial this weekend. Cool to play it for a couple of days, just to see what it's like.

Doing the same thing - they've got another weekend free trial.

Stuck on making my character. Not a Star Wars fan so not sure what kind of character I'd prefer. Human, but beyond that I've no idea.

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#265 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:28 PM

Doing the same thing - they've got another weekend free trial.<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Stuck on making my character. Not a Star Wars fan so not sure what kind of character I'd prefer. Human, but beyond that I've no idea.

You liked it?

I couldn't hold myself anymore, bought the game today. Continuing my life as jedi sentinal. Seems like I'm sort of the only one on this forum now... Posted Image
Everybody plays mass effect now?

#266 User is offline   Dutch 

• Bridgeburner
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen, American Football, Quick Ben

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:15 AM

Or is beta testing Mists of Pandaria ;)
Sappers have a saying, he muttered. "Wide eyed stupid"

#267 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:44 AM

I have 3 characters on SWTOR now, but all 3 are stuck at the point where you can't complete quests without help. I find this annoying as I don't like being forced to group in order to proceed.

Sure, I'm happy to level a bit more slowly if I'm soloing, but I prefer grouping to be an option not compulsory.

I think maybe it's because a few powers across the board got nerfed under 1.1 and 1.2, so what you used to be able to solo at or near the recommended level you can't anymore. Which means they should change the recommendations on the quest info. I have been working under the (fairly accurate so far) assumption that if it doesn't say "2+" or "Heroic/Area/etc" then you should be able to solo it at the level listed on the quest info.

This post has been edited by Sombra: 07 April 2012 - 01:46 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#268 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:39 AM

Well since 1.2 isn't out yet, I have no idea what you are talking about.

There is no point while leveling that you have to do any of the group quests. I have two characters at 50 and never did groups quests on them because I prefer to put some music on and mow through quests instead of waiting on people.

Make sure you are gearing up your companions since you really do need them. If you are having a huge amount of trouble, try pulling out a healing or tanking companion instead of a dps one. It will make stuff a bit slower but you will be able to kill anything you encounter while leveling with the correct companion.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#269 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

While I wouldn't say I'm exactly a "completionist", I definitely like to explore a lot and I have the habit of picking up most quests as I find them. I also like to do every possible quest before leaving a planet, within reason.

Of course the heroics etc can wait until I can group, but some of the other (I dunno ... "vanilla"?) ones just stump me. Eg the skull in the blood pool one for the Sith Inquisitor (I'm almost level 9) is supposed to be solo-able at level 8, but the damn mini-boss at the end just wtfpwns me every gorram time, and I get buffs from Sith Warriors, Endurance stims, medpack, the whole works and jerks. I'm moving, rotating the powers I'm using etc, dealing out a shiteload of damage but the bastard just gets me every time. There's a couple of others like that for my Agent and my Jedi Consular is currently hanging out in the space station while I figure out what skills I'm going to go with.

Yeah, when I have companions I gear them up as I go. Considering they're mostly tanking for me it's only fair after all. ;)

Gah, I meant just 1.1. Must have had the 1.2 info on the brain when I wrote that earlier. :p
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#270 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

Sure, I'm happy to level a bit more slowly if I'm soloing, but I prefer grouping to be an option not compulsory.

I agree definitely on that one, although on my Jedi Sentinel lvl 15, I haven't encountered anything like that, except for the Heroic ones.

#271 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:08 AM

Well, they recently announced it's going Free to Play (F2P). Or at least going to have a F2P option.

http://www.swtor.com...s/blog/20120731

Feedback so far seems to be about 50-50.

Your thoughts?

This post has been edited by Sombra: 06 August 2012 - 08:08 AM

#272 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:40 AM

Well, it would draw me back in. Liked the game, but after 20 levels, things got a bit repeating, though. So after 2 months, level 27 I think, I stopped playing, started with ME3 and Fallout 3 after that. The 3 months of playtime I purchased are done now, and I didn't felt like spending more money on it. But maybe, after Fallout 3 and the 5 DLC's, I might give it a try when it becomes FTP this fall.

This post has been edited by Avatar: 06 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

#273 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

View PostSombra, on 06 August 2012 - 08:08 AM, said:

Well, they recently announced it's going Free to Play (F2P). Or at least going to have a F2P option.

http://www.swtor.com...s/blog/20120731

Feedback so far seems to be about 50-50.

Your thoughts?

What I've seen about it seems like they're doing a pretty good job of a free to play model.
My only real concern is the Warzones limit. Often MMOs end up surviving on their endgame, and one of the major things you need to keep people around in endgame (if it's based on PvP) is people. If not enough people play the people who want to play end up getting bored trying to get games, and they are intentionally limiting the amount people can play. That could end up backfiring...
"So how'd you save the world?"
"Averted the rapture by drowning the baby Jesus in his own tears"

#274 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:28 AM

Anyone besides me still playing (occasionally)?

#275 User is offline   Centzon Totochtin 

• For Pony!
  • Interests:Stuff, and sometimes also things.
  • Bunnies!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

I will again when ftp is properly available :p
That Elephant is looking rather frayed at the edges

#276 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

I'm on the Progenitor server. Finished with the Trooper, now arriving on Voss with the Sith Warrior then going: Jedi Knight, Agent, Jedi Consular. Mostly playing for the story.
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#277 User is offline   Lusipher 

• Talon Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • View gallery

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

I played long enough to finish my main character's story and haven't looked back since. It aped the WoW model much too close for my comfort and the highly-touted story just wasn't that interesting for the agent or the inquisitor (finished agent and through lvl30 for the inq)

#278 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

I haven't been for ages, but I might give it another shot...not sure.
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#279 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

I'd consider playing it again and getting to max lvl if they made it free to play
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#280 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

I haven't read up yet but apparently it will be—probably limited to certain content, I dunno, I'll find out now.

EDIT: http://www.swtor.com/free/features

This post has been edited by Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast: 02 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

31 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 31 guests, 0 anonymous users