• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars - The Old Republic MMO clan?

#281 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

View PostJade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast, on 02 November 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

I haven't read up yet but apparently it will be—probably limited to certain content, I dunno, I'll find out now.

EDIT: http://www.swtor.com/free/features

Hmpf! Looks like stort mode and me might have a relapse.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#282 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

Yeah, I may well go through story modes once it's free.
"So how'd you save the world?"
"Averted the rapture by drowning the baby Jesus in his own tears"

#283 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

On Red Eclipse server now. Playing Jedi and Sith ?? something. Was fun to be back for some hours.

#284 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

Playing my operative now on Tomb of Freedon Nadd. Also made a dickhead miraluka jedi knight. Assassin retired for now.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#285 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

Paying again?
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#286 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

Yeah I just couldn't help myself.

Quite frankly I'm only doing the JK so I can get him to 50 and unlock Miraluka for my juggernaught.

#287 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

Playing free...
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#288 User is offline   Defiance 

• Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
  • Interests:Malazan, RPGs, writing

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

Are any of the other classes stories better than the Jedi Knight's? I went in expecting the quality of writing from the first two games, but it didn't happen. The story was juvenile and predictable.

Edit: So I figured I'd hop on and check out the free-to-play, and right away the game tells me I have to rename both of my characters because their names are already taken. What the fuck?

This post has been edited by Defiance: 19 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

uhm, that should be 'stuff.' My stiff is never nihilistic.
~Steven Erikson

Mythwood: Play-by-post RP board.

#289 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

both inquisitor and agent stories are pretty good

#290 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:46 AM

Some characters had to be renamed due to server mergers. I found light side Sith Warrior to be a very fun story.

The writting isn't actually bad but you have to remember it's an MMO. People will not want to spend half an hour talking to Kreia (random example) or whoever for the plot/lore/awesome story.

This post has been edited by Garak: 20 November 2012 - 06:48 AM

The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#291 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

Pfff, can't make up my mind if want to keep playing this. I do like the main story, like the different planets, the flashpoints and heroic missions... But playing through all these side missions feels like grinding after a couple of weeks. I'm not in for PvP (heard of some people who skip lots of single player contend bij playing daily PvP missions.)

I'm playing a Jedi Knight lvl 37, and a Sith Inquisitor lvl 17. Both are nice stories, though I heard that Imperial Agent is much better. But right now... Farcry 3 is looking like a more and more attractive alternative. Still in doubt, though. The stupid thing is: it feels like I invested a lot of time in SWTOR, which seems like a pretty stupid argument to keep playing it. Posted Image

This post has been edited by Avatar: 04 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

#292 User is offline   Solidsnape 

• Emperor
  • Interests:Playing Guitar/Ukulele/Banjolele, reading, music, Wing Chun Kuen, my 2 boys and my wonderful GF.
  • From good 'ol Newcastle upon Tyne.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

I hear this game is free to play now, and I was going to get a copy from amazon and give it a go.

Can anyone confirm or deny? Is it free?
And is it good?
"If you seek the crumpled bones of the T'lan Imass,
gather into one hand the sands of Raraku"
The Holy Desert
- Anonymous.

#293 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

it can be free to play. some restrictions of course but you get full access to story mode, which is this game's greatest asset.
It's pretty good. I'd rather get KotOR3, but it's still pretty good. Flashpoints are amazing, story mode is amazing.

#294 User is offline   Solidsnape 

• Emperor
  • Interests:Playing Guitar/Ukulele/Banjolele, reading, music, Wing Chun Kuen, my 2 boys and my wonderful GF.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

Ok you sold it. I don't realise there was a KOTOR3. Is it upcoming, or were we given SWtOR in its stead?

This post has been edited by Solidsnape: 12 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

The Holy Desert
- Anonymous.

#295 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

:-) there is no KOTOR 3, but there should have been. Instead of this game I think. But nevertheless, if you loved part I or II, you will encounter quite some material from these games along the way in SwTOR, I liked it. Good thing about swtor were flashpoints for me as well, story-driven dungeons for 4 players.

I bought the game before it was ftp, so I'm not sure, but shouln't you just download the game from swtor.com? For free I mean. Amazon sells it for 13,88, but i think that is including 1 month subscripton, which you won't need anymore if you don't want. Playing for free last months worked for me, but some restrictions might turn you off sometimes.

#296 User is offline   Solidsnape 

• Emperor

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

View PostAvatar, on 12 May 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

:-) there is no KOTOR 3, but there should have been. Instead of this game I think. But nevertheless, if you loved part I or II, you will encounter quite some material from these games along the way in SwTOR, I liked it. Good thing about swtor were flashpoints for me as well, story-driven dungeons for 4 players.

I bought the game before it was ftp, so I'm not sure, but shouln't you just download the game from swtor.com? For free I mean. Amazon sells it for 13,88, but i think that is including 1 month subscripton, which you won't need anymore if you don't want. Playing for free last months worked for me, but some restrictions might turn you off sometimes.

I've been told its a 25gb download, and while its free, my mobile broadband is limited to 5gb p/m and is only about 5M/sec anyway.
It's just easier to buy, plus the average price is around £10. With delivery. That's ok.
What are flashpoints?
The Holy Desert
- Anonymous.

#297 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:00 PM

4-man group "dungeons". only the premise is a lot cooler as most of them get sort of a storyline, like an interactive short sci-fi movie.

#298 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

Yup, and of them even telling some of the main story parts.

#299 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

Try, thats what I think it is now. Just prepare to end up spending way too much time at it :-)

#300 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:32 AM

it's double digits in the gigabytes... give it a moment :(

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users