#301 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:50 AM

Stay on target... ;-)

#302 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

I haven't played in ages! Considering it's free, I really ought to...
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#303 User is offline   Defiance 

• Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
  • Interests:Malazan, RPGs, writing

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:01 AM

View PostBriar King, on 20 May 2013 - 03:48 AM, said:

Well fuck now this Dark Jedi is unleashing hell on me 4 times in row and I can't beat him!!! How do you use items? I click on them and wind up destroying them so obviously I'm not doing it right...

Your other problems sound like a bug. This could be one too, but it depends what type of items you're using. Consumables, which are one time use items, are common in MMOs. These most regularly take the form of health potions and food. Sometimes there are brief stat-increasing items as well. They definitely have an effect, but don't expect them to instantly restore you to full health, double your damage, or anything like that.
uhm, that should be 'stuff.' My stiff is never nihilistic.
~Steven Erikson

Mythwood: Play-by-post RP board.

#304 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

know what you mean. I decided to quite for some time (again), took me too much time :-)

#305 User is offline   Knucklehead 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Games, girls, food, girls, books, girls... did I mention girls?

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:38 AM

So the only reason I didn't buy TOR a while ago was a purported lack of endgame content. Can anybody say what the endgame is really like?
Save the fine arts, shoot a rapper

#306 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

What are you playing it on? Is this one on xbox?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#307 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:58 AM

What platform do you play it on? What games would you compare it to?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#308 User is offline   lastname 

• Lieutenant

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:07 AM

OK so I started playing a couple of days ago (free-to-play for now). I'm more or less running around on my own like a headless chicken. Looks great but I'm feeling lost at times. Does anyone have any tips for an MMO noob? I'm looking for pointers on the etiquette side for partying, RPing etc rather than builds or combat mechanics.

#309 User is offline   lastname 

• Lieutenant

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:30 AM

@#$Q&@#*@Q$. What a POS. My streaming client has been trying to download the latest patch the last week and has been thoroughly stuck. I've tried everything that's been suggested including a patch for the launcher, deletion of bitraider, reboot into safe mode (with networking, mind you ... like that makes a difference!) and a whole lot of *banging head against desk*. And all that while, the bloody launcher was completely eating *all* my bandwidth. Now I get to go the non-streaming route and download the *full* game all over again </end rant>.

Sorry about that. BK, I think I was logged into one of the European RP servers (can't remember the name). I'll try the Jung Ma server as soon as I do a full download and install all over again. I rolled two toons, one on the Empire side and the other on the goody. A little bit of PVP is OK but I'm not a huge fan. Will check in in a day or two.

#310 User is offline   lastname 

• Lieutenant

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

Heehee. Yeah I know what you mean about the PvP. Finally got in and rolled a new consular, just about got to level 2 and got a popup about a lvl 26 character challenging me to a duel. Had to roll my eyes and carry on.

#311 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

Has anyone tried that Space combat stuff they were advertising a while back? I haven't really been interested in returning but my favorite part of the original game was the on rails shoot-em-up Space míssions. I wouldn't mind playing some more of that.

#312 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:23 PM

Apt: on IGN: "If you're a subscriber, they love you a lot, and will give you access from the 3rd December. If you're a preferred status player, then they're still rather fond of you, and will let you in on 14th January. If you're a free player, you'll be grudgingly ushered in on the 4th February."

I'm curious as well

#313 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:50 AM

Cancelled my subscription today. Considering I haven't played for about a year, it was probably well overdue. Not that I was bored, just didn't have any free time.

Families are complete time and money sinks. Get a vasectomy now - your bank account will thank you. :)
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#314 User is offline   Loki 

• Knight Commander of Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:44 AM

I'm about to give the F2P a go but can't decide between Republic or Empire. Can you play a Lawful Good character as the Sith?

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#315 User is offline   Loki 

• WWQBDFTW?

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:15 AM

See, I read something that said it wasn't like in Mass Effect. It said that while you still have choices it's not a matter of 'Save the child' or don't save the child' but rather a matter of 'Don't save the child' or 'Don't save the child and wear its skin' in regards to playing the Sith.

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#316 User is offline   Loki 

• WWQBDFTW?

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:20 AM

Alright, but if I end up setting fire to an entire planet, I'm blaming you BK!

~TQB~

#317 User is offline   Loki 

• WWQBDFTW?

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:19 AM

I went with Republic/Smuggler and I think my server is called Harbinger.

Edit: Restarted as Republic Trooper. I'm pretty much my FemShep - same name, same attitude, same voice actor.

Edit 2: Gah! Sooooo boring! Have made a new IMPERIAL character. I've been playing as a bounty hunter for half and hour and already I'm enjoying it 10 x more than the smuggler/trooper.

This post has been edited by Loki: 20 December 2013 - 04:11 PM

~TQB~

#318 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:28 PM

excuse the necromancy here :D

I just started playing this last weekend, free version.

I wouldn't really mind paying a month or so, maybe more if I get into it and it's worth it. For now I'm just going through free-to-play.

I was wondering if anyone can give me a breakdown, or has a good link of benefits of paying, if it's worth it just for one month, and what to take advantage of in that month. What to spend cartel coins on etc.

I'm pretty green in the game, just fumbling my way through right now, haven't really looked at websites etc.
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#319 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:26 AM

Haven't played this in years, despite logging in occasionally to keep up with all the patches/updates etc.

Completely forgot how to play. :doh:
Not only that, but all the changes mean anything I thought I remembered was wrong.
I'm going to have to do all the tutorials just to relearn controls etc. Yeesh.

Still, mates playing at the moment who went back after a while away tell me it's more casual and solo-friendly now.

Hardcore gamers may look down their noses at that but I don't care. I play for my fun, not theirs. And anything that seems too much like work is not fun.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#320 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:28 AM

I agree with your mates, made me finish 1 more class story last year. Can't make myself grinding for hours, and that was much less than before.

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users