• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fitness and weightlifting Lets do this you spineless wimps

#661 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 18 September 2019 - 07:34 AM

I can't lift much at the moment. Lower back and left shoulder injuries suuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#662 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 September 2019 - 05:31 PM

Guys, I need some advice - do you know where I can buy a sewing machine? Cause I am RIPPED!

#663 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 01 October 2019 - 08:47 PM

I have put on weight! When I got back from London in the beginning of may I was sick and I staid sick for about 4 months. I went to 3 doctors! The main point though is I stopped cardio, made me feel out of breath in seconds. I managed to stick with weight training and I am doing well in that regard. I began putting on some weight during this time though.

With immigration around the corner I went through my old clothes and threw out everything Ill bever wear again, or doesnt fit and its hit me how much weight I have added. Lots of pants mostly dont fit my waist anymore, especially the ones that are one or two years old. Really brings home how much I have added recently, but also gradually over the last few years.

#664 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 October 2019 - 01:20 AM

Hey guys, I need your advice. Can you recommend a good massage parlor? Because these guns need to be oiled!

#665 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:30 PM

Guys, can you recommend an office supply store that handles government secrets? Cause I need to get shredded!

#666 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 19 November 2019 - 08:25 PM

Been watching the Ultimate Strongman Masters on Eddie Hall's channel. Lots of interesting lifters. There's this one woman, Donna Moore, who's damn near as tall and heavy as Hall is. She's massive!

https://youtu.be/BanDrNADgcM

Also saw Rhianon Lovelace again. She's an incredibly strong tiny person. Saw the video where she competed against Hall for most reps in the big lifts at around 1-2 x their bodyweight. She's so damn fast.

https://youtu.be/zGWfRQr0e-E

Skip to 11 min for their deadlift face-off.

#667 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 19 November 2019 - 08:39 PM

Also Julius Maddox broke his own raw bench press world record.

337kg/744.1lbs

https://youtu.be/dSTEYTwnB1g

Unreal. It'll be interesting to see if he can carry that pushing power over into strong man.

#668 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:59 AM

Finally managed to max out the leg press machine with 8 plates a side.

Only got 1 rep because my knees immediately started protesting for some reason but I'm pretty pumped I finally reached that milestone. I'm gonna back off that weight a bit and work with 7 plates until I can hammer out 10-15 reps or so for three sets before going back up to 8.

Then eventually I can progress to the big boy leg press machine that can fit 14 plates. It just doesn't feel as good unfortunately.

#669 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 November 2019 - 07:22 PM

Guys, I need recommendations for a reputable and honest auto mechanic. Cause these quads need to get jacked!

#670 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:32 AM

View PostAptorian, on 21 November 2019 - 08:59 AM, said:

Finally managed to max out the leg press machine with 8 plates a side.

Only got 1 rep because my knees immediately started protesting for some reason but I'm pretty pumped I finally reached that milestone. I'm gonna back off that weight a bit and work with 7 plates until I can hammer out 10-15 reps or so for three sets before going back up to 8.

Then eventually I can progress to the big boy leg press machine that can fit 14 plates. It just doesn't feel as good unfortunately.

Plate counts are good and all, but what are the weight totals?

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 23 November 2019 - 03:32 AM

#671 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 23 November 2019 - 04:14 AM

Sorry, "plate" is common vernacular for the 20kg/45lbs plates in gyms. You'll often hear people talking about squatting two, three, four plates, etc. It's a kind of strength standard that many recognize.

#672 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 23 November 2019 - 04:26 AM

View PostAptorian, on 23 November 2019 - 04:14 AM, said:

Sorry, "plate" is common vernacular for the 20kg/45lbs plates in gyms. You'll often hear people talking about squatting two, three, four plates, etc. It's a kind of strength standard that many recognize.

Damn. And I struggle with 4x45s.

#673 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 13 December 2019 - 03:10 PM

Ok so finally earlier this year I hit over 100kg of body weight and... well, started working out to counter. Switched some nutrition around as well.

Don't have as much time as I like but I try to be at the gym three times a week. I stick to barbells, facepulls and HIIT. It ain't bad. Deadlifts fixed my back problems, would you imagine.
Worst thing about public gyms is how packed they are. Oftentimes what I actually do depends on what's actually available when I arrive. I'm drawing up a plan to move it to mornings when maybe there's less people in.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#674 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 13 December 2019 - 03:19 PM

Early mornings, late evenings are always best.

My gym doesn't open before 5.30 but if I could, I'd be there at 5 sharp.

#675 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 January 2020 - 04:24 PM

Guys, I need a recommendation for an excellent plumber, because these pipes need to be snaked!

*I think that sorta falls flat and is not that great of a workout analogy, but hey, I tried. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#676 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 18 January 2020 - 07:59 PM

The Arnold Santa Monica Strongman qualifier is about to begin on YouTube.

Never watched this kind of event live before. Looks smaller than I'd imagine but I guess they have several stages.

Will be interesting to see whether Martins Licis or Brian Shaw qualify for Ohio. I'm rooting for both but fear neither of the two will do great today.

#677 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 18 January 2020 - 08:36 PM

Good lord this is live event is never starting. An hour of waiting so far and most of it being rogue promoting cross fit ... To a Strongman audience. Fuck off.

#678 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 18 January 2020 - 08:40 PM

Arrhh no audio of the competitors being introduced? This Livestream is shit I'm going to bed.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 18 January 2020 - 08:40 PM

#679 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 19 January 2020 - 07:08 AM

Licis won! Happy for the guy he had the best and worst year in 2019.

Hope he retains the World's strongest man title.

#680 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 15 February 2020 - 05:41 PM

hafthor bjornsson, the mountain, set an unofficial raw deadlift world record in his gym.. 480kg/1058lbs.

Jump to 8.45 if you want to skip the warm up sets.
https://youtu.be/6t3OU5rsR28

There's no telling what his condition will be like at the Arnold Classic this year, the deadlift is the third or fourth event, but I think we might see the mountain beat the 500kg WR set by Eddie Hall. The way Thor has been performing I can see him winning everything this year if he doesn't injure himself.

Share this topic:

• 35 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users