• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fitness and weightlifting Lets do this you spineless wimps

#641 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:02 PM

That's possible. Not very good at drinking water as it is...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#642 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 06 May 2019 - 11:53 AM

I still haven't lost any weight but when I put on my winter clothes, its autumn now, I felt like they look better than I remember. I got one compliment. That said its a slight change, no one else has mentioned it yet. So I think my shape might be changing slightly for the better. I keep meaning to and hopefully today I will take some measurements. Id like to compare once a month.

Did some push-ups today, I have come a long way from struggling to do one just a few months ago. Surprised myself since I have been bad and have not been doing them but I knocked out an easy 15, took a few minutes and did another 15. Its mostly a vanity muscle I think but It feels good to look good and also to have some strength back so id like to redouble my effors. Also I think I must do some more squats and ab crunches maybe.

View PostTiste Simeon, on 20 April 2019 - 05:31 PM, said:

2nd Parkrun today! Do any of you know the cause of pins and needles in your feet and how to get rid of them? I didn't really get them at last week's run but I did today. It was a lot hotter today so I was a lot thirstier as I ran and also I was breathing heavier as a result. Is it too do with a lack of oxygen and your extremities are the first to feel it? Is it only by continued exercise and getting better at running that I'm going to overcome this?

Tiste I am not an expert but you may want to consult a GP or biokineticist etc

Pins and Needles is caused by pressure on the nerves (when you fall asleep on your arm) and when that pressure is removed the nerves start firing again and you experience a weird sensation. It may just be that your shoes are too tight and running also puts immense pressure on your feet.

However pins and needles can also be nerve damage, nerve inflammation, a sign of diabetes (generally only if its been untreated long term). Does it only happen when running? When in those specific shoes? Does it ever happen anytime else?

#643 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 10 May 2019 - 05:30 PM

Down 18 lbs in the last 5 weeks. 287-269. Nine more pounds and i'll be at my goal.

Basically gave up carbs. I dont have a problem with carbs, but when i know i cant have potatoes, bread, rice, it forces me to make healthier decisions. I cant wait to have a fucking cheeseburger and fries again. And i completely cut out processed sugar.

Basically been living on yogurt, tuna, chicken, turkey, and a shit ton of broccoli and brussel sprouts.

For exercise i hop on the treadmill and walk uphill for 45-90 minutes. Once i hit my goal and start eating normal sized portions again I'll start doing weights again.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#644 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:46 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 10 May 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

Down 18 lbs in the last 5 weeks. 287-269. Nine more pounds and i'll be at my goal.

Basically gave up carbs. I dont have a problem with carbs, but when i know i cant have potatoes, bread, rice, it forces me to make healthier decisions. I cant wait to have a fucking cheeseburger and fries again. And i completely cut out processed sugar.

Basically been living on yogurt, tuna, chicken, turkey, and a shit ton of broccoli and brussel sprouts.

For exercise i hop on the treadmill and walk uphill for 45-90 minutes. Once i hit my goal and start eating normal sized portions again I'll start doing weights again.

You are my hero.

How do you deal with the hunger? I presume your body is telling you to eat more than you. You just ignoring it through will power?

#645 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 17 May 2019 - 07:32 PM

View PostCause, on 17 May 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

View PostSlow Ben, on 10 May 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

You are my hero.

How do you deal with the hunger? I presume your body is telling you to eat more than you. You just ignoring it through will power?

Skipping breakfast for me is key. It’s much easier to fast in the morning because I haven’t “woken up” my stomach yet. It takes about a week before you get used to not having breakfast. Eventually it gets easier to make it to noon. Then when I do have a small lunch it takes much less to make me full, or at least content. Usually a yogurt, tuna, and maybe some turkey sticks. All high in protein.

I make sure I have a snack around 3 also so I don’t get too hungry. Usually a handful of nuts or a protein shake.

I also drink a lot of coffee, it helps curb the hunger.

I’ll isually have 2-3 small to medium sized dinners/snacks between 6-8pm, which is where I get most of my veggies and the rest of my protein. I space them out because I try not to eat a larger meal than the size of my stomach. Plus by this point even if I have a large meal at 6,I’ll still be hungry again by bedtime.

And I let myself have chocolate yogurt or the like so I still get some sweet, but it’s still healthy.

So yeah, the hardest part by far is the first 7-10 days. After that it becomes routine and your body is used to it.

#646 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 17 May 2019 - 08:54 PM

And drink a ton of water.

#647 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 02 June 2019 - 10:17 AM

Shaved 2:21 off my 5k PB and feel good about that! Am doing a 10k run in about 3 weeks. Beginning to actually enjoy running.

Also bought myself a visor so my seat doesn't sting my eyes when I run and it works a treat!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#648 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:55 PM

Crazy news. Shawn Rhoden, last year's Mr. Olympia 2018 winner, has been charged with rape and a warrent has been issued for his arrest.

https://www.tmz.com/...rged-with-rape/

The rape accusation itself is terrible but this changes everything for this years Olympia. Mr Olympia 19 is 2 months away. Even if Rhoden is released on bail this is going to affect him. If he's even allowed to compete.

Whether Rhoden would retain was already a big question but now the field is wide open. My money is on bonac or rhoelly.

#649 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 August 2019 - 06:22 PM

Any of you guys into Strongman?

For some reason YouTube started feeding me Strongman videoes. Probably because I watched some Larry Wheels videos.

I started watching Eddie Hall's channel, which lead to Brian Shaw and their cute road buddy training videos, which lead to the History Channel videos. Then Hathor's videos and finally I've fallen in love with Martins Licis.

I first saw Licis in one of Wheel's videoes and thought, this unassuming dude can't possibly be in the running for World's Strongest Man. He's half the size of Thor or Shaw. Then I saw him at Arnold's and thought not bad. Then the guy wins the WSM!

He's deceptively good. On top of that Licis'videos are some of the most wholesome training videos I've seen. Him and his team are just a bunch of good natured nerds breaking records and making hilarious training videos.

#650 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 September 2019 - 05:27 PM

Can any you guys point me to the nearest veterinarian? Cause these pythons are sick!

#651 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 September 2019 - 06:04 PM

Suffering from wasting disease are they?

#652 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 08 September 2019 - 06:44 PM

Critique the new program I've been thinking about running.

I've been doing a 4 day bro split (Chest+tri/back+bi/shoulder+abs/Legs) for the longest time but I often only train 4 days a week so I felt I wasn't maximizing my potential.

Tried to come up with a 2 day split for the full body instead. Only, because I'm so used to doing high volume, it's hard for me to mentally cut down on the exercises per day. Realistically I probably should be doing less exercises but it doesn't look right.

Optimally I will be training this from mon-sat but it doesn't really matter if I take a weekend break or take an off day in the middle of the week, the program just loops.

I've left Abdominal and calf exercises out of the program. I'm not sure what to do with them. Realistically, I should put the calves into the program instead of leg extension and leg curl on B2 and B4 buuut. Maybe I'll superset them or something.

Assume that every exercise is either 3 working sets of 8-12 reps or pyramiding reps and weight. Short rest periods of 30-120 seconds.

Short hand explanation: BB=Barbell, DB=Dumbbell, BO=Bent over, DL=Deadlift, BTN=Behind the Neck, Ext=Extension, etc.

Attached File  2day6day.PNG (34.72K)
Number of downloads: 0

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 08 September 2019 - 06:49 PM

#653 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:42 AM

Okay. 2 days into new program. First day, great, had a super pump. 2nd day was hell, legs followed by back and biceps is a mountain climb.

I have died. Thank God I don't have to go to work today.

I think I need to do some serious cardio work to get used to these leg+back days and maybe take the intensity down 10-20% to begin with.

Dropped the leg extensions and just did calf raises because I desperately needed a breathing space before doing back. Had to just lie down for five minutes between back and biceps.

#654 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:41 PM

Well I did the half marathon. How long until n my legs and lower back stop aching?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#655 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:38 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 10 September 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

Well I did the half marathon. How long until n my legs and lower back stop aching?

Take a bath in Epson salt. It should go away after a couple of days. Or the next day depending on how much training you did.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#656 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:41 PM

If you eat some bath salts it'll probably go away immediately. Or are you supposed to inject them?

#657 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:20 PM

Instructions unclear. Took a bath with an Epson printer. Send help.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#658 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 September 2019 - 05:05 PM

Any of you guys keeping taps on Eddie Hall's YouTube channel? He's begun a new series called the road to 700, where he's aiming to try and beat the world bench press record, which is sitting somewhere a little south of 740 pounds

https://youtu.be/zR9wEBgbP90

I'm kinda excited about it. I don't know if there's any detractors saying he's unlikely to make it, but considering how "easily" he deadlifted 500 kg, this is exciting.

If nothing else I want to see Eddie Hall in cloud mode again. He looked so damn enormous at his heaviest.

#659 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:53 AM

Olympia weekend started.

Not really invested in any of the divisions but I'm very curious about the open heavy weight.

Shawn Rhoden is out so it's completely open. I kinda want Roelly Winklar to win but his conditioning has been way off. I suspect either Brandon Curry or William Bonac takes it. The Disney story would be for Dexter Jackson to win one last time but that's a long shot.

#660 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 September 2019 - 07:01 PM

Guys! I think I may have been stung by a bee and am having an allergic reaction. Cause I'm looking swole!

Share this topic:

• 35 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users