• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fitness and weightlifting Lets do this you spineless wimps

#621 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:46 PM

I think that the first time I did the cross grip I must have been fiddling about. I tried it again this weekend and it was more stable then I remembered.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#622 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 28 February 2019 - 08:52 PM

sadly done basically bugger all training so far this year due to a recurring niggle on my foot (plantar fasciitis)

its tremendously irritating, as its starting to improve a little now so have to resist the temptation to do anything - its easy to skip training when you can't walk without pain, but when its getting better the desire to go to the gym and do something is high...
just have to keep reminding myself that i'd set my recovery even farther back.
meh. Link was dead :(

#623 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 01 March 2019 - 03:23 AM

View PostCoco with marshmallows, on 28 February 2019 - 08:52 PM, said:

sadly done basically bugger all training so far this year due to a recurring niggle on my foot (plantar fasciitis)

its tremendously irritating, as its starting to improve a little now so have to resist the temptation to do anything - its easy to skip training when you can't walk without pain, but when its getting better the desire to go to the gym and do something is high...

Sorry to hear that Coco, hope you come right soon.

I've been resisting going to gym this week, that mild Flu I had persisted, much better now.

I'm gonna do rowing and cycling to get back in shape. I might do some circuit as well but I'll see how it goes, breathing discomfort has me worried.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#624 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 01 March 2019 - 05:45 AM

View PostCoco with marshmallows, on 28 February 2019 - 08:52 PM, said:

I've heard about that runner thing. Sounds like a real pain in the ass.

You can't just do machine exercises or something?

#625 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 March 2019 - 11:43 AM

Have you bought one of those foam rollers? Speciically for the plantar?

I'm happy with my progress. Added another ten kg to my bench. 20 to go to be back where I was!

I'm most happy with my running and heart rate though. My resting heart rate, sitting at my desk at work is now 55 bpm. To be honest I'm surprised its so good since I don't think I am that fit. I guess I'm a low stress person! Second I start standing, walking or doing lab work of course it goes up to 65-70. Still this is a huge improvement from where it was.

Also the other day I surprised myself by getting on the treadmill and running (fairly slow at only 8 km an hour) as a warm up and realized that I was happy with the pace and could just keep it going. This for me is actually big. For now my problem for going longer and faster is mental strength rather than physical I think. I'm just not used to pushing myself this way.

I want to redouble my efforts to lose weight. I could easily lose 20kg, maybe even thirty. and If I lose 20% of my body weight I imagine my running will improve dramatically as well. Sadly I love food too much it seems.

#626 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 08 March 2019 - 07:31 PM

I'm in the same boat. I'm pretty chunky and could easily lose 20 kgs. I imagine I'd probably need to lose 30 kgs to have visibly cut abs.

It's a bit frustrating when you're training bodybuilding exercises and want to build a great physique. However on the other hand, in terms of well being I feel great at this weight. The mass lends me more power and the extra calories mean I feel full and get a great pump during lifts.

I look a lot more massive then I actually am as well. I just tell my self I'm on a full year bulk.

In other news I've been watching a bunch of Larry Wheels videos in connection with the Arnold Classic. Wheels had been training with Hathor the Mountain from Game of Thrones.

https://youtu.be/LGZbITvNrzA

I am in awe of how strong this guy is. He's like 23-24 years old I think and he's absolutely massive. If the massive amount of steroids don't kill him early this guy is gonna be a world champion lifter and set some crazy records later in life.

#627 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:21 PM

View PostAptorian, on 08 March 2019 - 07:31 PM, said:

If the massive amount of steroids don't kill him early this guy is gonna be a world champion lifter and set some crazy records later in life.

tbh with Larry the issue isn't just the amount of gear he's taking, its' the flat out stupid crap he's doing as part of his training too.

Using loaded olympic barbells for dumbell press for instance.

between silly stuff like that and his gear use i won't be surprised to see him either seriously injure himself or shuffle off the mortal coil pretty soon (comparatively i mean, ie before he's 50)

#628 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:14 AM

I think he's getting smarter. Watching him train with various strong men seems to be teaching him that he needs to be more careful.

He may also just have super human ligaments.

#629 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 28 March 2019 - 06:45 AM

The hell did I just see?

Those Barbells are 100 kgs each??? WTF!

in other news, I got me a weightlifting belt. I also got myself some gloves. I feel a bit silly walking around with the belt.

They do make a massive difference though. Should have bought this sooner.

I am currently trying to follow Brian Alsruhes program advice on just building my weak points to have stronger overall movements.

My weakest is still my bench. I am building strength by upping my reps to 20-30 at four sets at a negligible weight. Focusing on maxing out seated chest and Tricep machines.

I feel more comfortable under the bar. My Traps and Tris are developing well and the pushup tests are starting to run smoothly

I will see if I've made any real progress in May when I start focused Bench Press and compound training.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#630 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 28 March 2019 - 08:18 AM

Remember, like straps for grip, you should only use the belt for the heaviest lifts, the last sets, so that your core still gets a proper workout.

I'm too far to comfortably use a belt currently. Luckily the extra mass helps on the bottom of the big lifts.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 28 March 2019 - 08:19 AM

#631 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 28 March 2019 - 09:53 AM

View PostAptorian, on 28 March 2019 - 08:18 AM, said:

Remember, like straps for grip, you should only use the belt for the heaviest lifts, the last sets, so that your core still gets a proper workout.

I'm too far to comfortably use a belt currently. Luckily the extra mass helps on the bottom of the big lifts.

Thanks, will keep that in mind!

#632 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 28 March 2019 - 10:24 AM

Feel it out. When you feel uncomfortable or feel like the strain is dangerous, that's when you take a deep breath, suck in the gut and tighten the belt. It should be a tool, not a crutch you use to feel stronger.

#633 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 02 April 2019 - 12:46 PM

Okay progress is improving. Did my 8Okg bench which made me very happy. Did 4 reps of a 100 but I think I had some serious support from the trainer so I wont count it.

general fitness is definitely getting better. Don't think I have ever been fitter. Need to work on the mental side. I'm so used to stopping running at high speeds that I feel like I need to but then at the slower speed I realize I'm not out of breadth, my shin splits are gone etc So I realize I'm giving up from habit more than need.

Doing push ups again. Up to 20. Want to get to at least 40.

Want to start swimming.

Not losing any weight! I need to watch what I eat, count calories but for all that I want to, I don't want put in the effort. Need to sort myself out!

#634 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 03 April 2019 - 09:29 AM

Sheesh running is hard! Did my first over 4k run today and I'm dying! The Great North Run is a half marathon so I've got a long way to go but I'm definitely progressing!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#635 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 03 April 2019 - 12:09 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 03 April 2019 - 09:29 AM, said:

Sheesh running is hard! Did my first over 4k run today and I'm dying! The Great North Run is a half marathon so I've got a long way to go but I'm definitely progressing!

Picture a criminal 1 metres ahead of you at all times!

#636 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 04 April 2019 - 09:23 AM

Hah I'd that was the case I'd probably have someone else coming from another direction to head him off...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#637 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 20 April 2019 - 05:31 PM

2nd Parkrun today! Do any of you know the cause of pins and needles in your feet and how to get rid of them? I didn't really get them at last week's run but I did today. It was a lot hotter today so I was a lot thirstier as I ran and also I was breathing heavier as a result. Is it too do with a lack of oxygen and your extremities are the first to feel it? Is it only by continued exercise and getting better at running that I'm going to overcome this?

For info:
Parkrun
What I'm running for
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#638 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 20 April 2019 - 05:43 PM

I know very little about running but it's probably related to your gait. Do you run on your heels or the balls of your feet?

#639 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 20 April 2019 - 08:13 PM

I got expensive running shoes to help with my gait so perhaps it's a result of my feet arguing with the shoes...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#640 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 28 April 2019 - 05:57 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 20 April 2019 - 05:31 PM, said:

2nd Parkrun today! Do any of you know the cause of pins and needles in your feet and how to get rid of them? I didn't really get them at last week's run but I did today. It was a lot hotter today so I was a lot thirstier as I ran and also I was breathing heavier as a result. Is it too do with a lack of oxygen and your extremities are the first to feel it? Is it only by continued exercise and getting better at running that I'm going to overcome this?

For info:
Parkrun
What I'm running for

COULD also be salt deprivation (lost through sweat) - and just general dehydration.

Share this topic:

• 35 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users