• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spoilers Mafia 76.5

#81 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:16 AM

Lame... Friggin Osseric... why the fuck wouldnt he block Barghy again. Stupid. Not that it mattered... but still.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#82 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:12 AM

~massive post losses...

Gust: If a healer reveals a code late game in his first post... especially a role as inconsequential as Healer? Buy the post unless it seems absolutely ridiculous for a healer to reveal at that point. Yes it is possible scum do that as well.... but you'll find that they don't. They are too busy chatting about who to kill or laughing at Town.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#83 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:40 PM

what the fucking fuck?
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#84 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:41 PM

Looking like team scum is going to pull it off
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#85 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:05 PM

Karatallid, on 30 August 2011 - 10:59 AM, said:

It all hangs on D'riss and if he pushes my being telas symp now.
thats what im counting on the entire time, but it would seem that Barghast is thinking telas is their symp and not me....bugger

sucky....if they caught on to what i was doing they could have been pushing that i am Telas symp and voting for telas but they are not doing that so it must mean they think they will win if they lynch anyone but telas.

They fucked up by killing korlat...he was such a decent lynch candidate for today i mean people where lining him up alongside Telas and me...fucking morons :wallbash:

Where are the gullible innos when you need them!...come on D'riss!!

Karatallid, on 30 August 2011 - 12:41 PM, said:

i have to change tactic.

cant fake symp telas anymore as i have had no backing from driss who was the one i was counting on to drive that train of thought.
also thought Bargahst and silahan would be picking up on that one...

Getting rail roaded here by the barely legible thyr...going to have to go on the offensice and see if i can salvage anything.

bugger

my gamble of looking like a symp for telas is failing horribly here.

Karatallid, on 30 August 2011 - 02:05 PM, said:

funnny thing is, i was contemplating fake revealing as finder too...hahaha

Now if he is so convinced i am his symp...why the fuck not go for telas when i was symping him so much!...

bloody hell!!

Maybe he isnt convinced i am his symp and is counting on my inno CF for him to look more legit tomorrow.

then he will say he found someone else as scum and win it with 4 left.

Karatallid, on 30 August 2011 - 02:21 PM, said:

well played Barghy...he is going to PI himself and set up a victory by finding a fake scum find...heh heh

D, on 30 August 2011 - 08:00 PM, said:

Is this correct or a mistake. Was I Blocked last night? I need a solid answer. Just making sure it wasn't a mistake for some reason

Huh? The message you received was correct.

Barghast, on 30 August 2011 - 01:14 PM, said:

kill D'riss. If D'riss is dead (unlikely) kill Thyr.

I really, really want to reveal finder.

Here's what I've got cooked up:

OK guys. I've been deliberating long and hard on whether or not to do this. I had decided against this last night, even posted that if there was a scum guard, there would be no finder. But now that posts are lost and Kara seems to be giving in to whining instead of defending himself, I don't want to make a mistake as if D'riss is believeable (and why doubt that right now?) there is a scum guard and with a pair of killers also at large, this is D-day. End of story.
I'm the finder. I chose to walk the edge of tight and slightly scummy to keep myself lynchable and therefore alive until I found scum, since due to Osseric's reveal, I couldn't count on random heals. I've been looking at high posters mostly. I checked Kara, who was controversial on day 1 and gathered some votes on night 1. Why him and not Osseric?

Because I judged the killers might actually take him out and I'd learn his alignment through CF. If we had a healer, I'd learn that to because they'd have to try. Nevertheless, I was still fucking angry when he did that as it meant the night action for the healer would be a no-brainer where instead, he'd look for people walking the edge and behaving as roled players... and that is where I would come in. Sadly, the only one who picked up something was amiss was Thyr, and he has been convinced I'm scum. I am not going to out myself because someone thinks I'm scummy, I pride myself on being a better player than that, so I've been walking the tight rope. So, night 2, another high poster: Kalse.

Now, Osseric guarded me night 3. That night, I had Anthras as my target but that night was not wasted for I learned Osseric could indeed guard. Night four was a waste, though. I had really wanted a look at Thyr because he was legitimizing his vote on Fener as self preservation, so he was my target night 4. Sadly, I didn't get it.

So why reveal now? Because scum will have to decide... healer, guard or finder. The info itself is not helpful apart from what I have on kara, sadly, but that is what guards do to you.

Silanah, on 30 August 2011 - 02:59 PM, said:

Hehe, well, it seems we've made our final plays on thread... I think the finder reveal was a good idea, it seems Thyr is our most dangerous enemy at this point. That makes him harder to kill though, since he has said he suspects us multiple times. I'd hesitate to kill D'riss because what if he heals himself after all the reveals, et al? Hard to say. If we expect the game to be over after night then I'd choose Thyr or Anthras as a target, to prevent being blocked by a heal, but what do you think?

Barghast, on 30 August 2011 - 03:26 PM, said:

Silanah, on 30 August 2011 - 02:59 PM, said:

Hehe, well, it seems we've made our final plays on thread... I think the finder reveal was a good idea, it seems Thyr is our most dangerous enemy at this point. That makes him harder to kill though, since he has said he suspects us multiple times. I'd hesitate to kill D'riss because what if he heals himself after all the reveals, et al? Hard to say. If we expect the game to be over after night then I'd choose Thyr or Anthras as a target, to prevent being blocked by a heal, but what do you think?

In regular M&P, healers can't target themselves. Besides, if they lynch scum killer, the guard can keep the other guy under control :p

Barghast, on 30 August 2011 - 03:37 PM, said:

so far, it seems to be going well :clap: sorry I had to lump you in with the guys of whom 3/4 must be scum, it was the best late distancing I could do in case Kara gets lynched and comes up scum because then my neck is on the line, too.

---

P-S, do you like the recent developments?

Silanah, on 30 August 2011 - 04:03 PM, said:

I hadn't really considered that Kara could be the scum guard and therefore might CF as scum, this whole time I was thinking the he would CF like a symp. If we do lynch Kara and he CFs scum it'll look really bad for you.

If D'riss can't heal himself then let's kill him. Hopefully that goes through.

Don't worry about suspecting me on thread, so far I've been rolled in with "scum" by a couple of people, and if the heat turns up I'll try to counter it, I haven't even bothered to address it so far and with my low-posting play that style fits, I think. There's not much argument against me other than circumstance, the only part of my play that they suspect is the lack of contribution, which is always a tough sell on d-day so hopefully I can deflect it.

Barghast, on 30 August 2011 - 04:23 PM, said:

Silanah, on 30 August 2011 - 04:03 PM, said:

I hadn't really considered that Kara could be the scum guard and therefore might CF as scum, this whole time I was thinking the he would CF like a symp. If we do lynch Kara and he CFs scum it'll look really bad for you.

If D'riss can't heal himself then let's kill him. Hopefully that goes through.

Don't worry about suspecting me on thread, so far I've been rolled in with "scum" by a couple of people, and if the heat turns up I'll try to counter it, I haven't even bothered to address it so far and with my low-posting play that style fits, I think. There's not much argument against me other than circumstance, the only part of my play that they suspect is the lack of contribution, which is always a tough sell on d-day so hopefully I can deflect it.

Good, good :p
Yeah, Kara CFing scum would be a major pain. That basically is the only risk to me here. While I don't really want to win through modkill, I can miss Anthras like toothache at the moment, he's sure to stir things up if he shows :p

Barghast, on 30 August 2011 - 07:37 PM, said:

Fuck. I may have dug a hole there that will save Kara and gets you lynched instead :ice: Bleh... I may have tried and been too smart and the whole puzzle may come down to whether our guard counters theirs and I pick the guy D'riss is NOT healing. Then again, I may bluff I'm being guarded again, but if so, I have to think on the odds that there is chance that I find scum... Le sigh. Let's hope that my hint that I don't mind voting you is enough to steer people who doubt me towards Telas.

Barghast, on 30 August 2011 - 08:00 PM, said:

Kill Thyrllan, unless Silanah is lynched, then kill Osseric. If Thyr is dead, then kill Telas.

What I'm seeking to do, is win without triggering the potential situation that we hit a heal. They're going to protect the roled ones, so we'd better not hit those. Hopefully, Kara guards D'riss, but Osseric may guard Kara.
ansible, if you'd be so kind to submit your own orders in case I'm dead, it would be much appreciated :D

For posterity and spoiler heaven: I don't think we would have a chance to win if Lizra was still around and we'd have to go to a day 6 in order to win, personally.

#86 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:06 PM

That's what little time I had. If someone could please please deal with the game while I'm stuck on the train for all of tomorrow that would be great

#87 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:42 AM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 30 August 2011 - 10:06 PM, said:

That's what little time I had. If someone could please please deal with the game while I'm stuck on the train for all of tomorrow that would be great

fine I will but only in pics... It is what they deserve.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#88 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:50 AM

D, on 30 August 2011 - 10:48 PM, said:

OK, thanks.

Also, could we get a ruling on thread about Anthras. He's been gone well over 40 hours..since before the weekend break. At least come on thread and make a decision one way or another...it's really messing with the thread on if we should wait for him to come back or not. I'd rather not do a last minute forced lynch train because we waited on him.

#89 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:21 PM

Barghast, on 31 August 2011 - 03:14 PM, said:

Why are you sticking to 5 votes for a lynch with 7 alive? Isn't a lynch always defined as half of players plus 1?

From the rules:

2.4 - Majority Defined
A majority means either more than half of the active players voting for one player's lynch or half or more of the active players voting to go to night without a lynch.

I know we started the day with 8 and so 5 for a lynch, but to persist in that is odd, I'd say, as Anthras is not active anymore and the odds ought to be adjusted as such.

Your call, just wanted to throw this out there.

I've always held that a mod kill is not allowed to serve as a hammer. Meaning that the lynch requirements do not alter after the day has begun.

If you look back you'll see the same was done with Emurlahn.

Also, the interview went very well. I was one of five called in out of almost a hundred applicants so I feel I've done pretty well already. Especially as there are two openings.

#90 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:23 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

#91 User is offline   Lizradusa 

• A Flare Unholiest
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:28 PM

Wow, that were 7 pages that were lost!
Posted Image 'Tired of Wasting Time, Let LizInc organize your lazyness!' - Obdigore Posted Image

#92 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:30 PM

What the flying fucking hiccuping fuck!

#93 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:53 PM

and there the game ended. Lacking a page from here and 7 from the game.

#94 User is offline   Barghast 

• Fist
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:18 PM

Yeah, that was really unfortunate ^_^ Damn that hiccup.

#95 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:18 PM

Shame about the forum hiccup.

What do people think about shifting to the temp forum until it's sorted?

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#96 User is offline   dktorode 

• Luck is my middle name, Mind you, my first name is Bad."

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:21 PM

great game

Cant go wrong with a good old M&P setup...brilliant fun!!
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?

#97 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:21 PM

View PostGrief, on 31 August 2011 - 04:18 PM, said:

That board has its own issues, sadly ^_^
Wasn't multiquoting horribly difficult there or something?

This post has been edited by Tapper: 31 August 2011 - 04:21 PM

Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#98 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:26 PM

Excellent work morghy. I'm really sad I didn't get to read more of your night sceens ^_^
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#99 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:36 PM

View PostTapper, on 31 August 2011 - 04:21 PM, said:

I'm not even sure if it was possible.

Losing chunks of game seems like more of a setback though.

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#100 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:39 PM

View PostGrief, on 31 August 2011 - 04:36 PM, said:

View PostTapper, on 31 August 2011 - 04:21 PM, said:

I'm not even sure if it was possible.

Losing chunks of game seems like more of a setback though.

True :D
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users