• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spoilers Mafia 76.5

#1 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:57 PM

Spoilers for mafia 76.5. A M&P game.

Are you spoiled? No? Then this is not for you.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:26 AM

Path-Shaper - important
Spoiler Heaven - mantle

1. Barghast - pointer
2. Sorrit - bowling
3. Osseric - loch
4. Anthras - rent
5. Kalse - sunday
6. Karatallid - slide
7. Silanah - wake
8. Korlat - voiced
9. Thyrllan - envoy
10. Telas - lurid
11. Shadow - ensemble
12. Galain - lyric
13. Fener - ferns
14. Emurlahn - warden
15. D'riss - castle
16. Tulas Shorn - asleep
17. Silchas Ruin - crease

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 18 August 2011 - 09:55 PM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#3 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:29 AM

Tapper - Killer - Barghast - pointer
ansible - killer - Silanah - wake
dktorode - Symp (guard) - Karatallid - slide

Tattersail - Guard - Osseric - loch
Lisheo - vig - Galain - lyric - Lynched day 1
The Dude - healer - D'riss - castle

Peanutbutta - RI - Sorrit - bowling Killed night 1
Edrigan - RI - Anthras - rent
Grief - RI - Kalse - sunday - killed night 2
HappyMad - RI - Korlat - voiced Killed night 4
Khell - RI - Thyrllan - envoy
Gust Hub - RI - Telas - lurid
HiddenOne - RI - Shadow - ensemble - lynched day 3
Vengance - RI - Fener - ferns - lynched day 4
Lizra - RI - emurlahn - warden mod killed day 2
twelve - RI - Tulas Shorn - asleep lynched day 2

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 28 August 2011 - 09:58 PM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#4 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:14 AM

Killer
You are a cultist. A follower of the great old ones and tonight the stars are right. All you need to shake Chuthulhu out of his eternal slumber is the blood of some innocents. Convenient then that a whole lot were forced inside by the rain. It must've been the hand of Nyarlatotep that led them here.

They are many but you are not alone. Your fellow cultist is x. You can communicate off thread.

Every night the two of you can kill a single player.

Symp (guard)

All your life you have sought the secrets of the Old Ones and their minions. Tonight, finally, entry into the ancient orders is within your grasp. All you have to do is to prove yourself worthy of Chuthulhu's esteem and all the dark secrets of the deep will be yours.

Unfortunately, you have yet to find a way to inform Barghast and Silanah that you know where their true allegiance lie. Hopefully you'll find a way before you too become part of the sacrifice.

You are a Symp, but not just a regular one. Each night you can chose one player to guard. That player will be unable to use any night actions. The player will be informed that his action failed.

The killers are Barghast and Silanah.

The CF will identify you as innocent.

Guard

You are a security guard who thought he'd enjoy a nice little vacation in the countryside. Too bad you picked Arkham against all warnings of mysterious deaths and shadows in the deep.

Each night you can chose one player to guard. That player will be unable to use any night actions. The player will be informed that his action failed.

Vig

You are an historian, hunting for the fabled Necronomicon, rumoured to have been written by the mad arab Abdul Alhazred in the ancient days of Egyptian mysticism. The University of Arkham refused you access however, claiming that the tome was too fragile to be handled by anyone but its keepers. As if you'll let yourself be stopped by some wrinkled up prune of a librarian. You left, but now you've returned with a gun. As soon as the rain stops, the Necronomicon will be yours.

You are a vig. You can decide to kill one player during the night phase. Upon using this power you become an RI for all practical purposes.

Healer

Your a country doctor who got caught out in the rain traveling back from a home visit to one of your more elderly patients. The poor girl had taken the wrong medicines. You've previously tried to mark each dose with the time and date for it to be taken, but you now fear that there's no other option for her but to go to a home. Poor girl, her house is all she's got left.

You are a healer. Each night you can decide on one player to heal. That player will be immune to kill actions for the duration of the night.

Roleless innocent

You're some poor schmuck who just happened to stumble into a ritual in dire need of human sacrifice. This just isn't your day.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 17 August 2011 - 11:51 AM

#5 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:46 AM

Night action list.

Night 1:
Barghast & Silanah: Kill Sorrit
Karatallid: Guard Emurlahn

Osseric: Guard Thyrllan
Galain:
D'riss: Heal Osseric. If lynched, Kalse.

Night 2:
Barghast & Silanah: Kill Kalse. If lynched, Thyrllan.
Karatallid: Guard Anthras

Osseric: Guard Korlat
D'riss: Heal Osseric. If lynched, Emurlahn.

Night 3:
Barghast & Silanah: Kill Osseric.
Karatallid: Guard Anthras

D'riss - Heal Osseric
Osseric - Guard Barghast

Night 4

Barghast & Silanah: Kill Korlat. If lynched, Thyrllan.
Karatallid: Guard D'riss

D'riss - Heal Silanah
Osseric - Guard Barghast. if lynched, Silanah.

Night 5

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 28 August 2011 - 09:58 PM

#6 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:47 AM

Barghast, on 17 August 2011 - 10:40 AM, said:

Path-Shaper, on 17 August 2011 - 10:15 AM, said:

You are a cultist. A follower of the great old ones and tonight the stars are right. All you need to shake Chuthulhu out of his eternal slumber is the blood of some innocents. Convenient then that a whole lot were forced inside by the rain. It must've been the hand of Nyarlatotep that led them here.

They are many but you are not alone. Your fellow cultist is Silanah. You can communicate off thread.

Every night the two of you can kill a single player.

hmmmm, scum, and in a Lovecraftian setting no less. Do we have to specify who performs the kill?
Also, please treat any provisional target by Silanah as if I affirmed it.

No you don't.

Also noted.

Osseric, on 17 August 2011 - 10:41 AM, said:

I haven't looked at the list yet, but Provisional

Guard Mockra

There is no mockra alt :p

#7 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:50 AM

I've just realised that I based the balance of this game on 15 players. With 15 players the current setting would give the innos a very slight advantage as far as I can see, which is about as good as one can hope for. With 16 I fear I should have gone for 3 killers instead of the symp.

Bah, it's too late now, but it's going to annoy me throughout the entire game.

#8 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:57 AM

Osseric, on 17 August 2011 - 10:51 AM, said:

if i guarded myself would that make me immune from night kills?

no, the guard only prevents the target from using his night actions. However, it's important to remember that in the case of killers, guarding them only works if the killer you guard is the only killer left.

Osseric, on 17 August 2011 - 10:49 AM, said:

ha ha ha

Okay well after carefull consideration I will

Guard Thyrllan

Anthras, on 17 August 2011 - 10:51 AM, said:

No!
No, no, no. no. no!

THIS IS NOT HAPPENING!!

Now, now....
You can be a coldhearted bastard all you want, but you don't- you simply don't send a man into a scenario like that without packing...
I want a 12gauge, a few hand grenades, and a couple sticks of dynamite.

ASAP!

It is all done with love.

Galain, on 17 August 2011 - 10:55 AM, said:

Wahey, vigilante justice.
How dare they keep me from that tome of unspeakable horror and ancient magic and evil.
looking forward to this game. Been a looong while.

Such is married life :p ..

Welcome back lish.

#9 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:47 AM

Kalse, on 17 August 2011 - 11:45 AM, said:

Osseric just used a double exclamation mark, so pretty sure that's GH.

noted

Thyrllan, on 17 August 2011 - 11:47 AM, said:

When is it going to be my day in Mafia? Khell wants glory!

Yeah, sometimes one experience role droughts. Still, my favourite has always been RI in M&P games.

Kalse, on 17 August 2011 - 11:53 AM, said:

Games take so long to get serious on day one.

Let's see if I can stir things up like a good RI and get us going.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 17 August 2011 - 11:55 AM

#10 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:54 AM

I was hoping to bring back some of the feel of our earlier M&P games where people enjoyed and actively took part in the setting, at least early on.

It seems to work. Edrigan and Tattersail are clearly enjoying themselves.

#11 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:39 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 17 August 2011 - 10:50 AM, said:

I've just realised that I based the balance of this game on 15 players. With 15 players the current setting would give the innos a very slight advantage as far as I can see, which is about as good as one can hope for. With 16 I fear I should have gone for 3 killers instead of the symp.

So promote the symp if one of the other killers dies.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#12 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:34 PM

View PostObdigore, on 17 August 2011 - 01:39 PM, said:

Clever. I'll do that.

#13 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:17 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 17 August 2011 - 03:34 PM, said:

View PostObdigore, on 17 August 2011 - 01:39 PM, said:

Clever. I'll do that.

Having thought about it, no I wont do that. The roles are set and dkt will approach the game as a guard symp. Making him a killer at a later time would mess up his strategies, and this is a M&P game.

So, somewhat balanced in the innos favour, but not insurmountably so.

#14 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:28 PM

Anthras, on 17 August 2011 - 05:51 PM, said:

It's been a while since I've played with you guys - and its a CoC themed game to boot!

Having a hard time keeping quiet atm when I really wanna have like 2987238 posts / hour .
Watch me work my way into getting lynched from Day 1!!!

Wish dkt was in the game though, at least I could go down having a huge dogfight with him.

Edrigan rediscovering his love for mafia.

Anthras, on 17 August 2011 - 06:29 PM, said:

First wild guess.

Barghast = Tapper !!!

Tentacles don't eat me, I'm too skinny!

View PostAnthras, on 17 August 2011 - 05:47 PM, said:

What I am particularly suspicious though, is behavior like D'riss and Silanah.

Both arrive after some smack-down has been laid --- Then D'riss asks the same question I did three posts above his (coupled with some other fruity stuff) then Silanah seems to ignore the rest of the votes going on, instead focusing on the RP side of people (which btw was only for like a couple posts out there) - and then both go MIA once more.
Skimping is a scum privilege or a bad-played townie , and I'd rather without any of these, tbh.

And he's certainly not forgotten to play (above post from thread)

#15 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:30 PM

Killers talking:

Barghast, on 17 August 2011 - 06:02 PM, said:

Silanah, on 17 August 2011 - 04:52 PM, said:

Hello hello. It is I, ansible. I see you haven't posted on thread yet; how do you want to play the first few days?

Our roles say "cultist" but really we're just simple killers. Alas. For the town, that is....mwaha.

I'm not going to lie low or play loose deliberately, I think I'll go for opinionated but somewhat absent townie this time around :p

Silanah, on 17 August 2011 - 06:10 PM, said:

Alrighty. I'm going to try to be more active and analytical once things get started. Feel free to give me some pointers if I start screwing the pooch. :p

Barghast, on 17 August 2011 - 06:17 PM, said:

Silanah, on 17 August 2011 - 06:10 PM, said:

Alrighty. I'm going to try to be more active and analytical once things get started. Feel free to give me some pointers if I start screwing the pooch. :p

will do, but I guess we can adjust a bit through our killing strategy. I'd like to take out a low poster night one or two, actually - that will make people think the killer(s) are high posters, which is going to be a howler as I'm most certainly not going to be one. That aside, I'd suggest getting rid of the smart-asses, except one (hopefully one who gets it wrong) and then everyone who points at one of us.

I'm thinking we may have 2 symps, and the logical construction then would be to make each of them know only 1 of us and not each other, I guess. Alternatively, we may have one guard-symp, but that would be above M&P, I guess.

#16 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:32 PM

Tulas Shorn, on 17 August 2011 - 08:54 PM, said:

I usually don't bother with alt guessing but I'm fairly sure that D'riss is Tattersail so I decided to share my opinion.

noted

Fener, on 17 August 2011 - 08:54 PM, said:

I almost refused to log in when I saw the Fener alt. And now this.... YOU misserable fucking no good SWED.

For this insult I shall destroy your game. Here come level 12 TMDI... You have been warned....

Fener, on 17 August 2011 - 09:18 PM, said:

Now people will spend extra time trying to figure out what is going on and why I am silenced. Both Scum and Town are going to try figure out who is the silencer and try to find them. Muhahahaha

Fener, on 17 August 2011 - 09:34 PM, said:

Stupid alt. It always gets lynched off the bat. For good reason I know but still.... The least you could have done was given me a role.... :p

Tempted though I was to introduce the Predator role just for you, the whole thing, including alt distribution was done through a random number generator.

Not entirely sure what I think of this.

In the end though, this was clearly stated as a M&P games. So if people buy it they deserve nothing but ridicule. I know some games have stretched the definition of M&P games, but the older players should at least know how I make my games. A silencing role is never something I would have introduced to a game like this.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 17 August 2011 - 09:38 PM

#17 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:36 AM

Silanah, on 18 August 2011 - 01:35 AM, said:

Can we put actions in here, P-S? If so:

Provisional - Kill Sorrit; if he's lynched, Kill Emurlahn. Feel free to change these, Tapper.

I agree about hitting a low-poster, it always seems to throw everyone off when that happens. Other than that, I like Kalse as a target. Better let Anthras go for the moment, but I got nervous when he started lumping us together. He seemed pretty satisfied by your response, though. After that initial mention we seem to be off the radar for the moment.

No one responded to my wizard RP bit except Kara - possible symp signaling?

Already identifying their symp. The question is whether they hold that conviction as the game progresses.

Fener, on 18 August 2011 - 02:34 AM, said:

Or I might just keep posting in pictures for the entire game... :p

Really I could go either way. My opening pics allow me that lea way... :p

If they buy it they're all daft. Their loss I guess :p

#18 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:44 AM

oooh, cardinal mistake from Osseric there. Never reveal your role, especially not this early.

#19 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:25 AM

Barghast, on 18 August 2011 - 08:05 AM, said:

Silanah, on 18 August 2011 - 01:35 AM, said:

Can we put actions in here, P-S? If so:

Provisional - Kill Sorrit; if he's lynched, Kill Emurlahn. Feel free to change these, Tapper.

I agree about hitting a low-poster, it always seems to throw everyone off when that happens. Other than that, I like Kalse as a target. Better let Anthras go for the moment, but I got nervous when he started lumping us together. He seemed pretty satisfied by your response, though. After that initial mention we seem to be off the radar for the moment.

No one responded to my wizard RP bit except Kara - possible symp signaling?

Perhaps, but if I read correctly, Kara may be the healer Osseric is "protecting?".
I'm fine with the kill targets.

Now how would Osseric know the healer, Tapper my dear? Trust in your companion. He's the shit.

#20 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:31 AM

well, I hope they'll get a lynch soon as I feel lonely in here :p

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users