Spoilers Mafia 76.5

#101 User is offline   ansible 

• Group: High House Mafia

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:43 PM

View PostGrief, on 31 August 2011 - 04:36 PM, said:

View PostTapper, on 31 August 2011 - 04:21 PM, said:

View PostGrief, on 31 August 2011 - 04:18 PM, said:

Shame about the forum hiccup.

What do people think about shifting to the temp forum until it's sorted?

That board has its own issues, sadly ^_^
Wasn't multiquoting horribly difficult there or something?

I'm not even sure if it was possible.

Losing chunks of game seems like more of a setback though.

Before I discovered multiquote I used to do all of my quoting by hand. Too many years spent on phpBB... My formative youth, as it were.

I think it's not a bad idea to switch until the forum issues get resolved.
We sail in and out of Time, then back again. There is only one ship, the captain says. All the ships we hail between the galaxies or suns are this ship.

#102 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:55 PM

With hindsight and a spoiler page it all looks so obvious doesn't it? ^_^

Truly excellent game guys, so enjoyable. dkt was massive, he was the reason why town couldn't get it together - every time an inno attempted to take charge there would be dkt railroading them and generally being contemptuous and dismissive :D Well done also to the killers for working out who their symp was, especially Tapper for the ballsy 'reveal'.

I think if the page erasure hadn't happened, it would have likely been a scum win. No one would have been willing enough to switch to Silanah with me, and there's no way I could have voted Barghast or Karatallid with Telas without it seeming like I was just backing up Telas. The scum got us good and proper. I was tearing my hair out when Tapper was coming out with 'look how pally they are' and everyone lapping it up while at the same time Tapper and dkt were bascially rubbing against each other :D

As for the RP - safe to say I won't be doing that again for a very, very long time (if ever) - it was too much like hard work! On the other hand, I never did garner even a single vote, did I? So in a way it was useful :p

And great heaps of thanks to Morgoth for setting up and modding the game. The scenes were fantastic.

Well played everyone.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#103 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:02 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 31 August 2011 - 08:55 PM, said:

With hindsight and a spoiler page it all looks so obvious doesn't it? ^_^

Truly excellent game guys, so enjoyable. dkt was massive, he was the reason why town couldn't get it together - every time an inno attempted to take charge there would be dkt railroading them and generally being contemptuous and dismissive :D Well done also to the killers for working out who their symp was, especially Tapper for the ballsy 'reveal'.

I think if the page erasure hadn't happened, it would have likely been a scum win. No one would have been willing enough to switch to Silanah with me, and there's no way I could have voted Barghast or Karatallid with Telas without it seeming like I was just backing up Telas. The scum got us good and proper. I was tearing my hair out when Tapper was coming out with 'look how pally they are' and everyone lapping it up while at the same time Tapper and dkt were bascially rubbing against each other :p

As for the RP - safe to say I won't be doing that again for a very, very long time (if ever) - it was too much like hard work! On the other hand, I never did garner even a single vote, did I? So in a way it was useful :p

And great heaps of thanks to Morgoth for setting up and modding the game. The scenes were fantastic.

Well played everyone.

I had done a find on him, he was inno. Just like me. The only guy I could trust :D
But yeah, that was a conondrum. I had to really make sure I was not overdoing the accusing or the defending or otherwise someone would pick it up. I'm honestly surprised you spent so much time dissecting my reveal and it keeping itself intact.... I literally searched who I could add in as likely find targets for... 5 minutes or so, nothing more, and then mostly to make sure I picked someone who wasn;t already dead day 2 :p

I think I had collapsed and was lynched if anyone had voted me day 4, to be honest, because there was no way in hell I'd have claimed finder then. When I did, it was because I was very certain I would not be counter claimed.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#104 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:52 PM

I think in the end I just wasn't forceful enough. I said the sensible things - did we really think all these inno roles had made it to endgame? Did Telas' often wacky thoughts really strike anyone as a killer? All we have is Barghast's word and nothing to back it up with etc etc etc...but I never stood my ground with them, just put them out there and hoped others would begin echoing it back.

It's something you and dkt managed to do very well and I didn't, unfortunately. Kudos to you guys.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#105 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:33 PM

Heh, it's a shame all my last day commentary disappeared. Sufficient to say I suggested dkt for man of the match and ridiculed the innos for buying a finder reveal in a game with a CF and two inno power roles already revealed.

Still, apart from the hiccups I really enjoyed watching this game. The whole interview thing got in the way of proper modding the last few days but it was not something I could take into account ^_^
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#106 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:10 AM

View Postansible, on 31 August 2011 - 04:43 PM, said:

View PostGrief, on 31 August 2011 - 04:36 PM, said:

View PostTapper, on 31 August 2011 - 04:21 PM, said:

View PostGrief, on 31 August 2011 - 04:18 PM, said:

Shame about the forum hiccup.

What do people think about shifting to the temp forum until it's sorted?

That board has its own issues, sadly ^_^
Wasn't multiquoting horribly difficult there or something?

I'm not even sure if it was possible.

Losing chunks of game seems like more of a setback though.

Before I discovered multiquote I used to do all of my quoting by hand. Too many years spent on phpBB... My formative youth, as it were.

I think it's not a bad idea to switch until the forum issues get resolved.

I used to do that too.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#107 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:29 AM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 29 August 2011 - 03:16 AM, said:

Lame... Friggin Osseric... why the fuck wouldnt he block Barghy again. Stupid. Not that it mattered... but still.

i blocked him every single day, the kill went through because DKT guarded D'riss
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#108 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:39 AM

View PostTattersail, on 01 September 2011 - 08:29 AM, said:

View PostPath-Shaper, on 29 August 2011 - 03:16 AM, said:

Lame... Friggin Osseric... why the fuck wouldnt he block Barghy again. Stupid. Not that it mattered... but still.

i blocked him every single day, the kill went through because DKT guarded D'riss

The kill also went through because there were 2 killers and our guard had no effect on us until there was only 1 ^_^

#109 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:43 AM

but if I was guarding you and D'riss was healing silanah then no kill would have went trhough would it?

#110 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:45 AM

Nice to know you guys liked the scenes. I've come to miss the old games where people put a lot of work into scenes, and though I can't claim I sat for ours brooding over how to write them, I did dedicate some time to the task.

#111 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:08 AM

View PostTattersail, on 01 September 2011 - 09:43 AM, said:

but if I was guarding you and D'riss was healing silanah then no kill would have went trhough would it?

Of course it would.
A guard says the guarded person can't take actions.
A heal says the kills against the healed person fail (but that person can still perform actions).

If not, how come you have guarded every day you were healed by D'riss without being informed your action does not work?

#112 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:09 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 01 September 2011 - 09:45 AM, said:

Nice to know you guys liked the scenes. I've come to miss the old games where people put a lot of work into scenes, and though I can't claim I sat for ours brooding over how to write them, I did dedicate some time to the task.

City of Saints and madmen was easily the best game ever in terms of scenes.

#113 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:11 AM

I signed up originally because of the cool scenes. I never did enter spoilers, and see how people played. I used to just watch the thread constantly and someone invited me to play a game and I was hooked.

#114 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:12 AM

View PostTapper, on 01 September 2011 - 10:08 AM, said:

View PostTattersail, on 01 September 2011 - 09:43 AM, said:

Of course it would.
A guard says the guarded person can't take actions.
A heal says the kills against the healed person fail (but that person can still perform actions).

If not, how come you have guarded every day you were healed by D'riss without being informed your action does not work?

I had it in my head that when a healer healed a killer then they wouldn't kill, stupid looking back.

#115 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:19 AM

View PostTapper, on 01 September 2011 - 10:09 AM, said:

It's still one of the two games I'm the most proud of. Both in regards to mechanics and balance as well as how it turned out. It's a shame I've had to share some of the glory with Vengeance.

We spent days going over the balance too, which is something I've noticed not being considered as important nowadays.

This post has been edited by Morgoth: 01 September 2011 - 10:22 AM

#116 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:49 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 01 September 2011 - 10:19 AM, said:

View PostTapper, on 01 September 2011 - 10:09 AM, said:

It's still one of the two games I'm the most proud of. Both in regards to mechanics and balance as well as how it turned out. It's a shame I've had to share some of the glory with Vengeance.

We spent days going over the balance too, which is something I've noticed not being considered as important nowadays.

I spend way more time on high tmdi designing, balancing and development than on running the game (and those who know how taxing it is to mod Spycraft, know that's significant), but for 'routine' games, hmm, yeah, I'm guilty of going slightly unbalanced.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users