Malazan Empire: Release Date, Synopsis and mad crazy speculation! - Malazan Empire

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Release Date, Synopsis and mad crazy speculation!

#81 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:56 PM

Grift... anyone infamous that used to cheat at dice in the Malazan world that would know the Bridgeburners?

Oh yeh... that's about everyone hah!

This post has been edited by champ: 28 September 2011 - 09:57 PM

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#82 User is offline   Migol 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:49 AM

Here's a kinda silly observation:

Rereading the old books, I ran across a description of Tavore that read "Short cropped red hair with grey streaks".

:harhar:

#83 User is offline   Vaddon Ra 

• Fist

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:25 PM

This from the blurb

The impact of these events are far reaching, it seems. On an unremarkable island off the coast of Genabackis, a people who had turned their backs upon all such strivings now lift their masked faces towards the mainland and recall the ancient prophecy of a return.

Made me wet myself im now so excited :harhar:

We gonna see Mok? and the Second...

and OH HOLY HOODS JEWELS

are we going to see the 1st?

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd

#84 User is offline   Vaddon Ra 

• Fist

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:20 AM

If Karsa Orlong AKA the seguleh 12th AKA GOD....doesn't have a one to one against either MOK the Second or THE FIRST <----- :DDDDDDDD extreme fandom
I will crap gnomes...

seriously...ICE read this and put them all in their...Karsa, Nom, Kallor and THE SEGULEH TOP TEN

or I might cry....

#85 User is offline   Vaddon Ra 

• Fist

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:22 AM

View PostMigol, on 29 September 2011 - 08:49 AM, said:

Here's a kinda silly observation:

Rereading the old books, I ran across a description of Tavore that read "Short cropped red hair with grey streaks".

:harhar:

impossible she's on Kolanse, it'l just be another person with red hair...T'avore Paran is most certainly with the bonehunters until after Karsa kills Fener in Darujhistan. It took them like a year to get there as well...so unless this novel is a proper sequel sequel and not in line with pre-crippled god pwnage it wont be paran

#86 User is offline   Asharak 

• Lieutenant

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:38 AM

I wonder if we will see some Crimson Guardsmen in this book, they seem to be Esslemonts Bridgeburners, so it wouldn’t surprise me.

Iron Bars did get a seguleh mentor assigned to him, so it would be interesting to see if there’s a storyline of him training with them/fighting with them, or some such.

#87 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:33 PM

View PostAsharak, on 02 October 2011 - 10:38 AM, said:

I wonder if we will see some Crimson Guardsmen in this book, they seem to be Esslemonts Bridgeburners, so it wouldn’t surprise me.

Iron Bars did get a seguleh mentor assigned to him, so it would be interesting to see if there’s a storyline of him training with them/fighting with them, or some such.

Perfectly reasonable they went to Genabackis as they were over there campaigning in good numbers for quite some time.

On an unreasonable note though youve now inspired me to believe it wil the Seguleh with CGRD vs Teblor Hordes

#88 User is offline   Mcflury 

• First Sword
  • Interests:Reading, writing, partying, playing PC-games (mainly MMO's) and many more.

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:51 PM

View PostOrb Sceptre Boat, on 02 October 2011 - 12:33 PM, said:

View PostAsharak, on 02 October 2011 - 10:38 AM, said:

Perfectly reasonable they went to Genabackis as they were over there campaigning in good numbers for quite some time.

On an unreasonable note though youve now inspired me to believe it wil the Seguleh with CGRD vs Teblor Hordes

Lol... poor crimson guard, locked in between those two mad forces :harhar:
"There is no struggle too vast no odds too overwhelming for even should we fail, should we fall, we will know that we have lived" - Anomander Rake
(From Toll the Hounds by Steven Erikson)

#89 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:01 PM

SW showed us that ICE is well able to slide CGrd characters into virtually any storyline, so safe bet some of the Avowed or Disavowed will make an appearance, even if it amounts to Skinner showing up at te last second to steal something and Bars chasing after him a page later yelling "SKINNNNNNEEEERRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!".

Not so sure the Seguleh angle will bring Bars in, but then, the Tyrant-King plotline may go to the heart of Seguleh origins, and there would be a certain logic to them summoning all rankings for whatever will happen.

Which, conveniently, would also potentially set up the fight between the Second/Death's Knight and Skinner that we've been waiting for.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#90 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:19 PM

Hmm...maybe it's a chance to feature Jorrick Sharplance finally? He had particular connection to the Barghast and not necessarily the White Face clan either, as he wasn't among the travelers to Lether. Unless he already left the continent with other CG and I forgot about it, which is quite possible given the diaspora thing.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#91 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:45 PM

We haven't seen Sharplance, nor heard of his whereabouts since GotM iirc.
There's also the question of just who was pretending to be Prince K'azz during the Genabackis campaign.

#92 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:14 AM

View Postworrywort, on 03 October 2011 - 07:19 PM, said:

Hmm...maybe it's a chance to feature Jorrick Sharplance finally? He had particular connection to the Barghast and not necessarily the White Face clan either, as he wasn't among the travelers to Lether. Unless he already left the continent with other CG and I forgot about it, which is quite possible given the diaspora thing.

View PostAbyss, on 03 October 2011 - 07:45 PM, said:

There's also the question of just who was pretending to be Prince K'azz during the Genabackis campaign.

Based on all the common names, the CGrd in Genebackis was Shimmer's company, who packed up and left for the contract in southern Assail around MoI. There's no mention of any of them going elsewhere, so I see it as either {a} Jorrick stayed in Genebackis for some reason, {b} Jorrick was just never mentioned in RotCG, or {c} Jorrick is dead.

As for who was pretending to be K'azz, could've been any of Shimmer's officers doing so under her orders. Cowl could've conjured up any illusions if needed, but more likely they just relied on nobody knowing what K'azz looks like.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#93 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:47 PM

View PostD, on 04 October 2011 - 03:14 AM, said:

View Postworrywort, on 03 October 2011 - 07:19 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 03 October 2011 - 07:45 PM, said:

Based on all the common names, the CGrd in Genebackis was Shimmer's company, who packed up and left for the contract in southern Assail around MoI. There's no mention of any of them going elsewhere, so I see it as either {a} Jorrick stayed in Genebackis for some reason, {b} Jorrick was just never mentioned in RotCG, or {c} Jorrick is dead.

As for who was pretending to be K'azz, could've been any of Shimmer's officers doing so under her orders. Cowl could've conjured up any illusions if needed, but more likely they just relied on nobody knowing what K'azz looks like.

I did wonder where Jorrick Sharplance went actually, though is he stated as Avowed. The quote I remember from GOTM is 'hes CGRD, though the Barghast claim him as their own'. Given the exodus of Barghast it seems likely hed be mentioned throughout that arc so odds are hes still on Genabackis or dead, though I have a naggling feeling he may not be Avowed. If he is hes the only Barghast avowed and theres no mention of any Barghast on Quon Tali

#94 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:56 PM

likely he's CGrd Avowed who was 'adopted' into a Barghast clan along to lines of reward for saving the clan chief's life or shagging his wife or something. In RG/DoD the Whiteface adopted Torrent and the Awl kids so it's not unheard of.

There are barghast tribes other than the White Face, so the exodus to Lether doesn't entirely eliminate Barghast from Genabackis. Not saying we'll see any in OST, but the possibility isn't unthinkable.

#95 User is offline   Sindriss 

• Walker of Edges

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:00 PM

View PostAbyss, on 21 September 2011 - 03:10 PM, said:

... While, as ever at the centre of everything, a thief in a red waistcoat and of rotund proportions walks the streets, juggling in one hand custard pastries, and in the other the fate of the city itself.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have KRUPPE!

Far to the south, fragments of the titanic Moon's Spawn have crashed into the Rivan Sea creating a series of isles... and a fortune hunter's dream.

Just as a starting point, this excites me.

A Malazan veteran calling himself 'Red' ventures out to try his luck -- and perhaps say goodbye to old friends.

Am doubting this is someone we know, since there's no real limit on possible ex-Bridgeburners lurking around out there.

That said, what colour was Fiddler's beard again...?

But there he finds far more than he'd bargained for as the rush to claim the Spawn's treasures descends into a mad scramble of chaos and bloodshed. For powers from across the world have gathered here, searching for the legendary Throne of Night.

Betting on Draconus getting involved. no way Rake just left the Throne lying around for anyone to mess with.

On an unremarkable island off the coast of Genabackis, a people who had turned their backs upon all such strivings now lift their masked faces towards the mainland and recall the ancient prophesy of a return.

we gots SEGULEH, oh yes we do.

And what about the ex-Claw of the Malazan Empire who now walks the uttermost edge of creation? His mission -- the success or failure of which the Queen of Dreams saw long ago -- is destined to shape far more than anyone could have ever imagined.

Now this is interesting... Kiska is, of course, a 'she', and as far as we know, Topper never resigned. Am wondering whether Possum has gone off on his own since we last saw him in RCG... since he encountered Kiska (so to speak) in RCG, there's even a connection there.

Looking good!

- Abyss, psyched.

Not sure if you already got an answer on the fiddler question abyss. But his fate was pretty much cleared in tCG, and his beard is grey/silver now. Unless this happens before the epilogue of tcg.

I would like to know if Steve have ever tasted anything like the quorl white milk, that knocked the bb's out.

A: Nope, but I gots me a good imagination.

#96 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:06 PM

View PostSindriss, on 04 October 2011 - 06:00 PM, said:

Not sure if you already got an answer on the fiddler question abyss ... Unless this happens before the epilogue of tcg.

It sort of has to.

#97 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

View PostAbyss, on 04 October 2011 - 05:56 PM, said:

likely he's CGrd Avowed who was 'adopted' into a Barghast clan along to lines of reward for saving the clan chief's life or shagging his wife or something. In RG/DoD the Whiteface adopted Torrent and the Awl kids so it's not unheard of.

There are barghast tribes other than the White Face, so the exodus to Lether doesn't entirely eliminate Barghast from Genabackis. Not saying we'll see any in OST, but the possibility isn't unthinkable.

Isnt he described as having Barghast blood and leading portions of the Ilgres Barghast. Im really suffering from a couple of years since a reread of GOTM tbh so you may be right. However he is described as being a yound headstrong officer though this was by Brood and Kallor so that may be why. It seems likely however that all the Barghast left what with Tool uniting them under the mass banner of the Barghast gods calling them to war. Not saying that there isnt any but there may only be a few.

On another note I hope ICE ties up some things from SW and ROTCG. One thing that has bothered me is Ossercs vague comment of what all ascendents desire (Union with the all) in the ROTCG prologue. I hope ICE gets round to either shutting off that avenue or explaining it to a certain extent. That entire scene with Denuth was very confusing.

This post has been edited by Orb Sceptre Boat: 04 October 2011 - 07:06 PM

#98 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:06 PM

View PostOrb Sceptre Boat, on 04 October 2011 - 07:03 PM, said:

...It seems likely however that all the Barghast left what with Tool uniting them under the mass banner of the Barghast gods calling them to war. Not saying that there isnt any but there may only be a few.

It was stated and restated that only the White Face went with Tool. Ilgres and whatever else is out there are still around.

Obviously a massive chunk of Barghast are gone from Genabackis, but not all of them and given the fairly hostile relations between clans, likely not to make much difference to the ones that are left.

#99 User is offline   korik 

• Corporal

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:02 PM

IIRC, the Ilgres are a clan of the White Face that happened to sign on with Brood's host to fight the Malazans. I figured they returned to the range with Tool and the other survivors from Coral. Although it is probably one of those things that is never stated directly....

#100 User is offline   blackzoid 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:29 PM

I seem to recall a connection between Jorrick Sharplance and Humble Measure, mentioned in TTH. Something about Sharplance freeing a Malazan occupied town that Humble Measure was captive in? I think.

This post has been edited by blackzoid: 05 October 2011 - 02:30 PM

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users