Malazan Empire: Release Date, Synopsis and mad crazy speculation! - Malazan Empire

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Release Date, Synopsis and mad crazy speculation!

#121 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

Thats kind of different. Crokus being under the guardianship of a mage of the Torrud Cabal to protect/prepare a descendent of one of the Tyrants if different than Kiska having an aunty whos not an aunty.

Also relevant theres reference in TTH of agents in th city resurecting one of the Tyrant not just THE Tyrant. We know there was other Tyrant kings and some that appear on coinage but it seems there maybe a few Tyrants kicking around.

#122 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:35 PM

head's up...

-----Original Message-----
From: Amazon.co.uk <order-update@amazon.co.uk> [mailto:order-update@amazon.co.uk]
Sent: November 12, 2011 10:03 AM

Hello,

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

Ian Cameron Esslemont "Orb Sceptre Throne (Malazan Empire 4)"

Estimated arrival date: January 27 2012 - February 01 2012

THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#123 User is offline   Vaddon Ra 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:22 AM

Ah that sucks...what doesnt suck was my seguleh related dream last night...that was cool...

although quite terrifying..they were, in OST, style fashion heading back to Daru...which im sure I yelled at someone in the dream...but on their way they picked up the first who was on some other secluded part of their island meditating and practicing his badassery...he gets on the ship and I just cant help but stop and STARE at him...
wow...the outburst I received made me shat in my pants....although he let me off for being a stupid foreigner...and then Mok's mum turned up and told him not to sire too many bastards....and then he ended up looking like whats his crotch from twilight...the wolf not the sparkly one...

then I woke up cos it was getting weird XD HA!

#124 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:22 PM

View PostVaddon Ra, on 07 December 2011 - 10:22 AM, said:

Ah that sucks...what doesnt suck was my seguleh related dream last night...that was cool...

although quite terrifying..they were, in OST, style fashion heading back to Daru...which im sure I yelled at someone in the dream...but on their way they picked up the first who was on some other secluded part of their island meditating and practicing his badassery...he gets on the ship and I just cant help but stop and STARE at him...
wow...the outburst I received made me shat in my pants....although he let me off for being a stupid foreigner...and then Mok's mum turned up and told him not to sire too many bastards....and then he ended up looking like whats his crotch from twilight...the wolf not the sparkly one...

then I woke up cos it was getting weird XD HA!

Probably lay of the cheese/mind bending hallucinogens before bed

#125 User is offline   Sapper JHall 

• Recruit

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:26 PM

As far as who the "red" character may be referring to I have a possibility. Unfortunately I do not have my copy of Gardens of the Moon with me (which really sucks because I could be wayyyy off with this one) but isn't there a time when the Bridgeburners are being flown into the city with help from the Moranth that Whiskeyjack mentions a moranth that he fought with or was friends with and I swear he refers to him as red or something (I understand the different factions of Moranth such as Red and Green but I thought he was using more to refer to this man as his name)? Can anyone help clarify this for me? Again, I probably am way off but it just popped into my head. I think it is somewhere around chapter eight or nine maybe when they are getting on the Quorls. Also this is my first post here although I have been lurking around here for sometime. I started this epic journey last October and am now in my last three hundred pages of TCG (I still have yet to read Stoneweilder!). I am so thankful for Steven Erikson as well as this community of fellow MBoF fans. This series is very challenging and it is my opinion that that is what makes it more worthwhile. I am so excited for my re-reads of these novels. I have re-read the Wheel of Time a few times and I thought that got better with each re-read. I was amazed at how many little nuggets Jordan threw in to the early books. However, that is nothing compared to this treasure chest of a series. I feel like I am joining Steven on a dig at some ancient site. I am so excited for all of the layers of things that I will find on my re-reads. Thanks again and I am happy to finally be a true part of the community!

#126 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:36 PM

View PostSapper JHall, on 13 December 2011 - 07:26 PM, said:

As far as who the "red" character may be referring to I have a possibility. Unfortunately I do not have my copy of Gardens of the Moon with me (which really sucks because I could be wayyyy off with this one) but isn't there a time when the Bridgeburners are being flown into the city with help from the Moranth that Whiskeyjack mentions a moranth that he fought with or was friends with and I swear he refers to him as red or something (I understand the different factions of Moranth such as Red and Green but I thought he was using more to refer to this man as his name)? Can anyone help clarify this for me? Again, I probably am way off but it just popped into my head. I think it is somewhere around chapter eight or nine maybe when they are getting on the Quorls.

You're thinking of Twist, a Black Moranth with a rotting arm whom WJ had served with before. He shows up in MoI and dies off screen after leading a bombing run on Coral.

Also this is my first post here ...Thanks again and I am happy to finally be a true part of the community!

Welcome!

Kindly present yourself for mandatory immediate implant surgery and blood tithe.

THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#127 User is offline   Sapper JHall 

• Recruit

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:17 PM

Ahh yes it is all coming back. Thank you much and I am excited to be here!

#128 User is offline   The Royal Mattress 

• Recruit

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:19 AM

if a fantasy book's release date isn't pushed back 6 times then its not classy, pinkies out lads
Tehol ~ ‘Brys, if an army must rally, one must presume it is in dire straits, yes? Well then, where better to hide than under the king’s bed?

#129 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:50 PM

Last chance for me to get in some crazy speculation before OST starts getting widely read and makes me wrong.

Imagine, if you will, that ICE is a diabolical genius and has had a long-term way of tying all his Malaz books together since the very beginning...

Doesn't it seem weird that SE/ICE used the term "Tyrant" for the feared Daru ruler, knowing it would cause confusion between Raest and other Jaghut Tyrants? Seriously, why would they do that for seemingly no reason? Well maybe there *is* a reason, a link - not to the Jaghut Tyrants, but to the Assailian Tyrants, who frankly didn't need to be called that either except for a one-line assumption by Lady Envy in MoI which carried through the rest of the MBotF. But ah, ICE and SE wanted that mental link from the very first because the Daruhistan Tyrant, long-dead but somehow now at risk of being returned to life and Returning, is of the same sort as the Assailian Tyrants, masters of life and death (Avowed ghosts creeping out the Lost Brothers, etc).

I can't begin to guess what will happen within the pages of OST, but wouldn't it be amazing for the attempted resurrection of the Daru Tyrant to draw Darujhistan, the nearby Malazan forces, the Moranth and all the nearby ascendants into a colossal zombie-infested convergence on Assail, with the Logros and Kron T'lan Imass, the Disavowed at the head of a horde of Jacuruku automatons and a really, really pissed off Tayschrenn all mixed into the fray while thousands of Seguleh cut their way through the assembly? Oh, did I mention the Seguleh? Ever notice how in TtH the only Seguleh mentioned in Dragnipur are the ones Rake killed on his visit to the island? There's a thousand years worth of dead Seguleh that Hood should have brought with him and them being mixed with the "dross" is not a tactical oversight WJ would have made. So clearly when Seguleh die their souls are stolen by their old masters the Tyrants and put into new, obedient bodies on Assail.

Zombie Seguleh.

Now THERE's some speculation for you!

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#130 User is offline   Hust 

• Recruit
  • View gallery

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:40 AM

View PostD, on 17 January 2012 - 09:50 PM, said:

Last chance for me to get in some crazy speculation before OST starts getting widely read and makes me wrong.

Imagine, if you will, that ICE is a diabolical genius and has had a long-term way of tying all his Malaz books together since the very beginning...

Doesn't it seem weird that SE/ICE used the term "Tyrant" for the feared Daru ruler, knowing it would cause confusion between Raest and other Jaghut Tyrants? Seriously, why would they do that for seemingly no reason? Well maybe there *is* a reason, a link - not to the Jaghut Tyrants, but to the Assailian Tyrants, who frankly didn't need to be called that either except for a one-line assumption by Lady Envy in MoI which carried through the rest of the MBotF. But ah, ICE and SE wanted that mental link from the very first because the Daruhistan Tyrant, long-dead but somehow now at risk of being returned to life and Returning, is of the same sort as the Assailian Tyrants, masters of life and death (Avowed ghosts creeping out the Lost Brothers, etc).

I can't begin to guess what will happen within the pages of OST, but wouldn't it be amazing for the attempted resurrection of the Daru Tyrant to draw Darujhistan, the nearby Malazan forces, the Moranth and all the nearby ascendants into a colossal zombie-infested convergence on Assail, with the Logros and Kron T'lan Imass, the Disavowed at the head of a horde of Jacuruku automatons and a really, really pissed off Tayschrenn all mixed into the fray while thousands of Seguleh cut their way through the assembly? Oh, did I mention the Seguleh? Ever notice how in TtH the only Seguleh mentioned in Dragnipur are the ones Rake killed on his visit to the island? There's a thousand years worth of dead Seguleh that Hood should have brought with him and them being mixed with the "dross" is not a tactical oversight WJ would have made. So clearly when Seguleh die their souls are stolen by their old masters the Tyrants and put into new, obedient bodies on Assail.

Zombie Seguleh.

Now THERE's some speculation for you!

Damn!! That speculation just want me to read OST more just to see if you are some kind of genius who can figure out what is going to happen in a book you haven't read yet or you just are wrong Posted Image
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered - George Best

#131 User is offline   Paran 

• High Fist

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:22 AM

I thought all the previous #1's were stashed in vats under krul's temple/bar?

This post has been edited by Paran: 18 January 2012 - 04:27 AM

"The harder the world, the fiercer the honour" - Dancer

#132 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

View PostParan, on 18 January 2012 - 04:22 AM, said:

I thought all the previous #1's were stashed in vats under krul's temple/bar?

Spoiler

"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users