• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nightmares and Dreamscapes Sometimes the best short story is other's insanity

#81 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:37 PM

Actually I HAVE gone back to eating chicken and turkey because I was diagnosed as gluten intolerant and just felt like I needed to add something to my diet if I was taking something away. Unfortunately the way this has worked out is that I cheat on the gluten thing (to my tummy's dismay) and eat the poultry. Maybe it IS a guilt thing...
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#82 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:50 PM

Eat beef jerky all day every day.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#83 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:42 PM

you are masturbating in your sleep while experiencing sleep apnea and panic attacks. Stop all of these things at once and you will be cured
Also you are afraid that you will die of old age and while being impotent and raising your kids wrong

What is the status of your pharmaceutical cycle? Maybe time to see the doc, cut the Ambien & switch over to a mild benzo

DISCLAIMER: Not a professional in this field, don't try at home, etc.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#84 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:30 AM

My three oddest dreams.....

1. I am standing on the roof of our three-story house. The polar Ice-caps have melted. The water is upto the first-floor, behind my house, instead of my neighbours theres a barren plateau/hill behind my house on which ice-age rhinoes wander.

2. I am standing on the third-floor balcony of a luxury hotel from our city which has magically been transferred to the beach. The manager is assuring me I will get a good view of the sea and I am complaining because the sea is really far away. Then suddenly it isn't. It gets closer and closer and then the waves flood the lower balconies and then suddenly people in swimsuits run past me and dive in cheering and yelling and all I can think of is how the hell are they going to get out again?

3. Albino chimpanzee/gorilla hybrid jumping down a skyscraper with an assault rifle. Go figure.

#85 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:04 PM

Heavy weekends drinking.
I fully expect the nightmares tonight

#86 User is offline   Una 

• Captain

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:43 AM

My most common recurring dream is one where I am going to fail out of university because of a stupid oversight. It comes with several variations:

1. I am registered for a course that I didn't know about. The withdrawal date has passed, but I haven't been going to the class, written any of the tests, or handed in any assignments. If I can't convince the prof that it as an honest mistake, I will automatically receive an F.
2. The final exam is worth anywhere from 60-100% of my final grade. I either miss the final because I got the wrong date or I can't find the exam room.

On one notable occasion, I arrived at school for the exam only to see my entire class boarding a plane. They said that exams were all over and they were all going home for summer vacation. Which means that I missed my exams and failed the year.

Another time, I somehow didn't have enough credit to graduate because I was missing a required course. I woke up in tears thinking, "but I don't have time to retake that course. I have clinic. I have to go to work. Full-time. I have to go to work...I have to go to work? But....that means I've graduated. Just a dream. Whew!"

Just a few months ago, I had a dream where I was talking to a patient and she was all stressed out because of her exams. And then I asked her when her next exam was and I realized that I hadn't checked my own exam schedule. And I had missed them all. In my dream, I had been so busy with clinic that after finishing the coursework, I decided to catch up with clinic before finishing up my studying and in the meantime my exams had all passed and I was going to fail the year. As soon as I woke up, I knew that didn't make sense, but it felt very real.

It's just so crazy because I graduated undergrad more than 10 years ago and even med school was 8 years ago and I am still having these dreams.

Last week, similar theme. I wanted to join the Physics Club, but I couldn't find the meeting room. I had been looking forward to the first meeting so that I could join and I spent so long wandering around campus looking for them that I never got to join. Maybe I'm getting better? The dream was much less panicky than it usually is. It's not the end of the world if you don't join the club. Although interestingly, I have not been, nor have I ever aspired to be, a member of any Physics Club. Not even in high school. I don't even know what they would do.

#87 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:38 AM

I dreamed that I was in a film, it was James bond and the turtles combined, and I was the local sidekick/ guide. Woke up before my inevitable death. Tres bizarre

#88 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:18 AM

Preface: I can't swim.

I keep having dreams involving lots of water. Over the years I've had numerous dreams where I'd dive and swim in 50m deep swimming pools, lakes, and last year or two it's taken to swimming the open sea, with huge storm waves, but clear skies and no wind. But there's never any fear or anxiety or confusion, in the dreams I am elated, excited, I move through the water with ease and swiftness.
Yet the water, the ocean, it's never the focus of the dream. Just a side thing, a bonus, an extra. Like pulling a water mattress across the ocean with 20+ meter waves rolling around was the most common, normal way of travel (that I just happened to like).
Even more often I know I dreamt of the shore. It would be rocky, the water turbulent and stormy, but yet again never in a scary or threathening way. Just awe and elation.

Wish I could remember enough to put a movie together.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#89 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:52 PM

I most definitely incorporate things in my daily life into my dreams all the time.

Mom tells me her doctor visit "wasn't as good as it should be" = me dreaming she had cancer that night. Not too often I'm sobbing in dreams.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#90 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:54 PM

View PostUna, on 26 August 2014 - 02:43 AM, said:

My most common recurring dream is one where I am going to fail out of university because of a stupid oversight. It comes with several variations:

I have a similar recurring dream. I've had it maybe 5 or 6 times. Some clerical error means my high school qualification is invalidated which wipes out my undergrad and postgrad qualifications unless I go back to high school and retake the year I did aged 15-16. I go back and nobody will give me a timetable so I don't know where I'm supposed to go.

I had one of the worst nightmares I have ever had a couple of nights ago though. I think some combination of listening to a colleague about her cruise holiday, joking about going to see Celine Dion when I go to Vegas and reading something about The Poseidon Adventure summoned this one. I was in the central stairwell of a cruise ship and the ship overturned. It started filling up with water so as I rose with it I was essentially getting to the hull of the ship i.e. no exit! I was totally rational and kept looking for ways out but there was nothing and so the water rose until there was no air left and I was completely trapped against the floor/roof. I remember trying to decide that because logically there was no way to escape was it better to fight and hold my breath for as long as I could or just give up and take in the water. It felt so real. I was terrified, gasping and covered in sweat when I woke up *shudder*.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#91 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:03 PM

View PostGothos, on 28 August 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:

Preface: I can't swim.

I keep having dreams involving lots of water. Over the years I've had numerous dreams where I'd dive and swim in 50m deep swimming pools, lakes, and last year or two it's taken to swimming the open sea, with huge storm waves, but clear skies and no wind. But there's never any fear or anxiety or confusion, in the dreams I am elated, excited, I move through the water with ease and swiftness.
Yet the water, the ocean, it's never the focus of the dream. Just a side thing, a bonus, an extra. Like pulling a water mattress across the ocean with 20+ meter waves rolling around was the most common, normal way of travel (that I just happened to like).
Even more often I know I dreamt of the shore. It would be rocky, the water turbulent and stormy, but yet again never in a scary or threathening way. Just awe and elation.

Wish I could remember enough to put a movie together.

"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#92 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:20 PM

Interesting one last night:

So we were out on this field of peat bog with a couple of older native americans/inuit punching holes so that we could collect the water that seeped into the holes. Apparently the water was filtered from flowing through the peat well enough to make it drinkable and delicious. We were going to make hot chocolate. When we weren't getting enough water, we punched one deeper and both groups came up with human hair. Needless to say, we were spitting out the water we had just started drinking. Further investigation discovered the body of a woman buried under the peat. I said not to mess with the body anymore until the Crime Scenes Unit arrived.

While we were waiting for the forensics people, I noticed the feet and legs violently twitching and thought "ah, the person must have died recently and these are postmortem muscle spasms." Then, just as the CSU were arriving, she woke up with a huge gasp. (BTW, the scenes had shifted from the peat bog to my childhood home by this point). We decided that someone needed to go explain the situation to the authorities while the now alive woman got her bearings.

As my Dad talked with the mustachioed CSU gentlemen, I vacillated between watching my mum and sis make dinner while the now-alive woman did yoga and combed her hair and listening to my father discuss the situation with the CSU people. That was when I noticed the purple and green alien flying saucers flying toward the house.

The rest of the dream was spent telling people to hit the floor as silent lasers began cutting apart the house.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#93 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:04 PM

Had a bizarre dream last night. I was at some sort of function involving dignitaries and other such besuited types. I seem to recall it was quite important. A group of people walked in with a case of some form, I recognised it as a bomb, it went off and I was buried beneath rubble.

Now this is where it gets odd. I was flung three years into the future by this happening, and the first thing I try and do is contact my fiancee. Except she isn't there. It's like she never even existed - when this woke me up I had to make sure she was still there next to me!
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#94 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:07 PM

Dreamed I was playing real life Halo against other people, making nice shots, running the battlefield with my rifles and had the sudden intuition that I had camped for too long - I whirled around and sure enough, someone was crawling up on me around the corner. So I got them in the face at close range

I was playing Halo 3 yesterday with my kid, that's where that one came from.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#95 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:26 AM

You guys are sick. Why can't you have normal dreams like the rest of us, like bludgeoning people to death with a grass block?
~Abyss

#96 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:30 AM

So I spoke to my fiancee about the dream I had - she said my gasping lurch into wakefulness was enough to wake her up as well, and then she has me flinging myself over here to make sure she's still there. Poor lass.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#97 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:54 PM

Am I the only one who dreams of dinosaurs?

#98 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:03 PM

My six-year old does occasionally, she loves them

#99 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:18 PM

I don't think she would like my dreams.

I dreamt that I was part of this large armed force and we were marching into these huge tunnels under a city to look for a dinosaur. Someway in, our commnader yelled he had spotted one. But I only saw a large lizard like an iguana. And I was mentally going "Oh shit thats not the target, so where's the dino?"when suddenly a T-Rex jumped out of nowhere and ate the commander.

#100 User is offline   Studlock 

• First Sword

Posted 25 March 2015 - 04:11 PM

I had the most stereotypical Native American dream a couple nights ago I'm almost disappointed in myself, but also it was kind of a religious experience? I'm a bit unsettled to be honest.

Anyways it was in the heart of winter in the forest within a circle of trees and it was me, an elder (I guess he was almost shapeless), and A tree sized raven which somehow didn't make sound. Basically the elder told me I can't really see because I've been blinded by sight (which ???) and to truly see the world around me I had to give my eyes to the raven, which I refused which in turn made the Raven rise in the air and leave. Then I woke up.

I talked to me Grandma and apparently my Grandpa's people (he's from a Cree reservation from up north near Peace River I think) only tell the most important stories in winter. Honestly I'm not a religious person so I think it's just my brain dealing with the grief of my Grandpa passing (which happen last year) but I'm still a bit unsettled, it was a eerily melancholy-tinged dream.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users