• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nightmares and Dreamscapes Sometimes the best short story is other's insanity

#101 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 22 May 2015 - 12:26 PM

Had a battle dream last night. I was in a large facility that sprawled out into various wings and departments, kind of like an industrial complex mixed with a university campus. This facility became overrun with some type of terrorist group that was trying to either take control of the place or steal something kept there. I managed to defeat one of them and get a weapon and proceeded to organize the flight of civilians to barricade themselves in the far wing, while working with the security force to resist. During the course of a running battle/holding action I got another weapon. I remember having an internal debate about the benefits of large caliber revolvers compared to automatic pistols. After this I decided to go for help outside the facility, and commandeered another firearm. Yes, I was now carrying 3 pistols in various holsters, one can never have too many. I don't recall the next segment until the return trip as I was coming back to help the people at the facility. Somehow I ended up in a small social party at a house full of sophisticates and old ladies, and I was very out of place. Apparently the local law enforcement were searching for someone, and here I was dressed for combat and carrying firepower about my person. One of the ladies helped me get out by carrying my weapons outside past the police. I'm not sure why they weren't helping at the complex to fight off the attackers.

It's possible this was two dreams that were linked but not continuous.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#102 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 08 September 2015 - 02:25 AM

Resurrecting this thread because I had a really freaky dream last night and I am still a bit shaken up by it.

I dreamt that I had gone out with my family for chinese. We were sitting in the restaurant and I was just starting to ladle noodles onto my plate when my father leans over to me and says, "So, have you heard the news?"

I reply, " No, what news?"

He says, "The USA finally split up. The Eastern seaboard was taken by the British, the Great Lakes states by the Canadians, the Central and Southern states formed an independent federation, and the western states were taken by Mexico"

I just felt this sense of shock and that woke me up. I woke up just in time to stop myself from falling off the bed.

Its been hours but all the details are abolutely crystal clear to me.

#103 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:00 AM

Write it up official-like and send it to Congress.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#104 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:59 AM

View PostBriar King, on 08 September 2015 - 03:41 AM, said:

Why does that shock you so much?

Thats the second thing I am confused about, the first being wh did I even have this dream. I had this sense of shock and doom, like something really bad had happened and after I woke I sat for a couple of minutes just trying to process this.

Maybe I need to stop reading the stuff on the American Politics thread...

#105 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 08 September 2015 - 12:21 PM

That thread can freak you right out
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#106 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:36 PM

So over the last few months, I keep on having dreams with one common theme - in each one I am taking the subway, and in each one something goes wrong. Last night the train derailed, on other nights the tracks suddenly jump on top of the platform, in some I am lost in the tunnels and the stairs - I am having basically 1 subway dream on alternate nights. And its quite jarring. Always wakes me ip.

#107 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:29 PM

View PostAndorion, on 24 March 2015 - 04:54 PM, said:

Am I the only one who dreams of dinosaurs?

Before I get into this... I have crazy dreams...

I have had some fucking crazy dreams involving dinosaurs... namely 2 T-Rex in particular...

One dream I was in Thailand getting chased by a T-Rex and no matter what I did it was always right behind me, tried to hide and it always found me, it was scary shit... But I'd made it to the coast and jumped in to a boat and scooted off to one of the near by islands, the T-Rex was stuck behind me on the beach walking backwards and forwards, letting out a roar in frustration... I made it to the new islands beach and turned around and started taunting that mother fucker giving it the V and dancing and shouting, taking the piss out of his stupid looking arms... I fucking kid you not... the T-Rex eyes me and walks into the water and starts to swim... SWIM... I stand there stunned... like seriously, I think I even realise this is ridiculous but I shit my pants (not literally) and jump into my boat and start heading for another island... I get to the island, turn around and it's still following me... I start to get real scared... then I woke up...

The other time... I was having a bognuts dream - I'd read some Gemmell before I slept - I was a warrior, I was on edge, trying to escape and avoid detection but from what I didn't know... as dreams do, it switched from a castle to walking down a street I know in Newcastle but it was deserted of people, cars and life... I edge further down the street and notice two figures watching me from further along, I know I have no escape and cocksure in my abilities I walk up to them drawn sword in hand... I get closer and have a blood chilling reaction to who one of the figures is... I was suddenly scared shitless... it was the Witch Queen I'd tried to escape from though this I didn't know before but dream logic... anyway she starts going nuts with me, I don't know what she said now but the jist is, she's out for my blood and she summons her pet... yep... a bloody T-Rex walks around the corner of Heaton Road in Newcastle... roars and I basically give it legs, there is a park that connects and I run into there though the dream shifts location again and I find a cave network and dart into the small opening getting further into the system... I hear the thunder of the T-Rex getting closer, I think I'm safe but the fucker literally smashes through the rocks, it turns into Minecraft graphics - like WTF? - and I wake up...

Yeah, love me some dino dreams...

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users