Nightmares and Dreamscapes Sometimes the best short story is other's insanity

#41 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

View PostLoki, on 25 February 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

View PostHiddenOne, on 25 February 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

Loki - that second dream was a bit twisted

The thing is that dream wasn't really out of the ordinary for me. If I had the ability to write I think I'd make a good horror/thriller writer based off my dreams. It's at the point now that when I go to tell Matador about my dreams he stops me and says 'Only tell me about it if it's one of your Michael Bay type dreams otherwise I don't want to know.' He says the more I tell him about my dreams the greater his concern is that I may only be one or two life events away from being a full-fledge sociopath. :)

An observant man, it seems :smoke:

If the first dream is "standard" and you consider it good, that's also a bit odd. That dream, while similar in format to some of mine, would cause me some stress
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#42 User is offline   Loki 

• Knight Commander of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:58 PM

View PostHiddenOne, on 25 February 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

View PostLoki, on 25 February 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

View PostHiddenOne, on 25 February 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

Loki - that second dream was a bit twisted

The thing is that dream wasn't really out of the ordinary for me. If I had the ability to write I think I'd make a good horror/thriller writer based off my dreams. It's at the point now that when I go to tell Matador about my dreams he stops me and says 'Only tell me about it if it's one of your Michael Bay type dreams otherwise I don't want to know.' He says the more I tell him about my dreams the greater his concern is that I may only be one or two life events away from being a full-fledge sociopath. :)

An observant man, it seems :smoke:

If the first dream is "standard" and you consider it good, that's also a bit odd. That dream, while similar in format to some of mine, would cause me some stress

My standard dreams tend to be what other people would call bad dreams. I'm so use to them that they tend to be comforting more than anything else. I rarely have bad dreams and the few bad dreams I've had in the past usually involve one of three things - my teeth falling out, crying/emotional people and/or something bad happening to a loved one.

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#43 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

Suffocating dreams are also terrible. Had several of those myself.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#44 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:02 PM

I had a dream the night before last, it was weird.

I hired an architect to build me a house, and I go to see the finished product and it's a 40ft tall hollow model of John Goodman's head from The Big Lebowski.

Wat.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#45 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

Last dream of the night...

Attached File  Picture 2.png (335.49K)
Number of downloads: 0

We were in some kind of RL video game where we were running between four sections each computer banks on the walls. We were looking for indications that a virus was infecting the computers, which was indicated by a colored mist (like blue colored wisps) fluctuating over and in the computers. The way we fought: we whipped out a color coded gun reminiscent of the Ghost Busters electricity gun and shot a stream of same colored electricity at the mist till it disappeared.

Attached File  Picture 3.png (81.36K)

Shift in dream. We (medical school classmates except these were fellow game players) were sitting in plastic chairs facing this pudgy man wearing glasses acting like he had done this routine many times over. He was querying us about the game we had just played, asking which disease the colors could have represented. At one point, one of the classmates gave him guff and then when asked to shut up or leave by our speaker, the student decided to leave. I was shocked but envious, because I really wanted to leave as well but I was afraid how it would effect my grade.

Attached File  Picture 5.png (33.63K)

So we keep talking over the game, all us students knowing this was BS but having to play along, and while we're talking food for a buffet comes through the door and is laid out on the buffet table for us. However, behind the server and food came a mess of people who as soon as the food was in place began forming a line and serving themselves. Meanwhile, we continued to feign interest in the pudgy man's discussion. Finally, when he was asking if we had any questions, I got up and went to the line.

I had the usual buffet frustration of too small plate for all the foods available. The food looked good, but when I got to the main dishes, they only had some kind of whale meat entree and a harbor seal casserole. Seeing that both of those meats are controversial in the USA (and in my dream), I couldn't bring myself to sample the entrees and instead had to stick with my shrimp appetizer and a plate full of rice.

Attached File  Picture 4.png (41.54K)

That was went the foot ball crashed among us. Not really near me at first, but the people that were hit just threw the ball back down the grassy field behind the plastic chairs. The ball was being kicked around by a mentally disabled girl and her handler. She continued to kick the ball among us, and we grew sick of it. When her handler came up to look for the ball, we tried to act like we hadn't seen it, but he noticed a suspicious mound of table cloths and found the ball. He told of the group and I had enough and said "If the ball is kicked up hear again, we will pop it." This started up a little rage fest between me and him as he walked back down to the girl and I followed behind yelling at him. He grabbed the girl and hustled her through a side door saying something about if they were not wanted around they would just leave how do we like that? I closed the door behind them, hoping it locked.

and that was about it before awakening.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#46 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:43 AM

View PostLoki, on 25 February 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

my teeth falling out.

I know that one, horrible. I usually wake up and then start probing my teeth with my tongue to see if I still have all of them, sometimes going so far as checking if they're not wobbling with an index finger. Apparently, it points at a fear of getting old(er).
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#47 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:30 PM

Rick from Pawn Stars wanted to fly to Vienna. Ended up going to Berlin where all the buildings were horizontal.

Fucking weird.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#48 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:54 PM

Pokemon-Bastion crossover dream.

God I love that narrator.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#49 User is offline   Princess 

• I have a plethora of titles!
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:31 AM

The narrator from Bastion has the best voice in the history of pretty damned good voices, Stormy.

My dream last night was that i was hanging out with friends and playing games and everyone suddenly started making grammatical errors and it just pissed me off to no end for some reason.'

Oh, and if i could live in any head it would be John Goodman's head.
There's a skeleton living inside of you, he's just waiting for you to die to be free.

#50 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

Had this odd dream last night where I was a tattoo artist, of sorts...

So the earlier part of the dream, we were taking care of some sick lady in a hospital bed who was just recovering, but still had been through hell. And somehow, this woman got married and wanted brands to signify the occasion. Fortunately for her, I had a sack of branding irons and a Bic lighter. Unfortunately, I didn't really have wedding related brands. She still wanted them and so I heated up her selections: OWNED, PAID FOR, NOT AVAILABLE, etc. And the rest of the dream was trying to figure out how to sear these brands on without unnecessarily burning her outside of the desired brand.
~Abyss

#51 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

View PostKing Lear, on 14 June 2011 - 02:27 AM, said:

View PostMott, on 13 June 2011 - 04:27 PM, said:

A few years back I has quite bad sleep paralysis, hands down the most terrifying experience i've ever had, it fel like there was someone beyond my sight in the room with me but I couldn't turn my head to see, it would last a few minutes and then kind of slip away. Ended up having bad insomnia for a while because of it but eventually I got used to it and then it went away when moved my bed.

Argh this! Except I could almost see a vague shadowy shape standing at the end of my bed just watching me.
I started sleeping with curtains open so the room would be too light for nonexistent shadow people to lurk at me.

You are both not the only ones who have experienced this. It's happened to me since I was younger. It still happens. At my gf's condo, when I am by myself and I turn my back to the sleep facing the wall and the rest of the bedroom (and condo) are at my back...I just simply CANNOT shake the feeling that there is someone/something intangible standing there. It is unnerving. It's also worse when I sleep in the couch and face the window (as opposed to the rest of the darkened condo)...So I always find I HAVE to sleep facing the menace (whatever it is) so it knows I know...totally silly, but it's how my brain works.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#52 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

You're all being ridiculous and childish.

Now sleep facing the other direction and just ignore anything that sounds like a grapefruit spoon being sharpened and/or the sensation of salt and pepper being sprinkled on your head.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#53 User is offline   Loki 

• Knight Commander of Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

View PostTapper, on 16 March 2012 - 10:43 AM, said:

View PostLoki, on 25 February 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

my teeth falling out.

I know that one, horrible. I usually wake up and then start probing my teeth with my tongue to see if I still have all of them, sometimes going so far as checking if they're not wobbling with an index finger. Apparently, it points at a fear of getting old(er).

I find it has more to do with a fear of having no control. I like to be in control and I usually have that dream when things are occurring that I have very little or no control over. The main feeling in those dreams is that there is nothing I can do to stop it. Then I wake up, do a little thinking, figure out what it is exactly that is bothering me and then set about fixing it.

Last night my dream was a little odd. I was in the back of a truck with two other members of my Order (not sure what Order) and we were being attacked by beings that utilised some kind of combustion magic that ignited the air around their victims and killed them. In order to combat this the truck was flooded with some kind of oil and set a light that way there was no air to ignite. Somehow it didn't kill us but it meant that our flesh kept burning and falling off but instead of being charred to the bone there was just more flesh underneath. It was kinda creepy.

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#54 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

View PostAbyss, on 28 March 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

You're all being ridiculous careful and childish prepared.

Now sleep facing the other direction and just ignore anything that sounds like a grapefruit spoon being sharpened and/or the sensation of salt and pepper being sprinkled on your head when something appears out of thin air and coalesced shadow, cut that fucking things sack off with a lightsaber.

Fixed.

:wine:

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 28 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#55 User is offline   powerclaw 

• Moral Ambiguity
  • Interests:Reading, Warhammer/Warmahordes, Painting (the miniatures above), Poetry (at times), Chemical Engineering (When I have to), Gymnastics (one arched eyebrow)
  • Wth is Jabber?

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

I had a weird dream a while back. The dreams I recall are usually a mishmash of various plot lines so its kind of hard to write.

I’m in a strange building with tons of stairs and doors, each of which has a single bedroom behind it. Some sort of dormitory perhaps. I’ve lost my friends and family for some reason and all I have is a handful of rocks. I am wandering around looking into bedrooms. I meet someone I don’t know and we continue on together. Behind one door is a sort of monster person. He attacks me and I kill him with one of my rocks, and the rock immediately becomes my sister while the monster becomes a stone. Cool. I try to continue on and maybe find some other people to convert into my parents but my sister is holding me back and she just wants to sleep in one of the bedrooms. I end up getting frustrated and after apologizing to my companion I kill him too. He turns into my dog, but he’s not a dog. I can tell from his eyes that he’s some sort of daemon. I start to run and he chases me. I’m suddenly outside and jumping from roof-top to roof-top. All whose stairs make the outside of this complex look like a bunch of stacked cardboard boxes. I’m hopping and hopping, trying to stay in the air as long as I can to avoid my dog/the daemon. I see a large apartment building ahead and take one huge leap to get onto it. As I land, the daemon hits the building and the building comes down. Darkness closes in…

Another:

I’m in a strange walled-in compound with buildings in it and people wandering around in groups. A voice in my head says “try to make it to the end, it begins soon”. There’s a strange buzzing in my head. I don’t get what’s going on and try desperately to ask people around me what is happening. Finally someone tells me that the buzzing is going to get worse and people go mad, start killing each other. You have to survive until it stops. I notice everyone around me is armed. I try to find something to defend myself and end up with some sort of stick. I band up with some people I don’t know but seem alright and we move around. Suddenly people start running at us and I’m fighting for my life. The crazy people go down pretty easily but my stick is broken soon. I look for another weapon and pick something up from where it was dropped. We end up in a small room being assaulted by waves of angry, deranged people. The door is being forced open and some beautiful woman is in the middle of the room crying. I’m torn between comforting her and helping with the door. It’s about to give, we’re all dead anyway, so I rush over to the woman and hold her close. I hear the door crash inward, and then the buzzing stops.

I’m not sure if the dreams ended as suddenly as they are written here but this is where my memory of them cuts off. I don’t really remember dreams all that well, but these are from back last summer when I kept a bit of a dream journal. As soon as I wrote the dreams out (usually in the middle of the night after awaking from them) I could easily remember them for later.

Cool thread idea.
"Never let your morals stand in the way of doing what is right."
-Isaac Asimov

#56 User is offline   powerclaw 

• Moral Ambiguity
  • Interests:Reading, Warhammer/Warmahordes, Painting (the miniatures above), Poetry (at times), Chemical Engineering (When I have to), Gymnastics (one arched eyebrow)
  • Wth is Jabber?

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

Oh, on the subject of thinking someone is there: on several occasions I’ve been half-awake in the dead of night and suddenly think that there’s someone sitting in my chair looking at me. I get so terrified I can barely breathe, but then my brain realizes that it’s a hoody that’s been thrown over the back of the chair or a backpack or something. As soon as I figure out what the shape is I immediately discount it and go back to sleep content.
"Never let your morals stand in the way of doing what is right."
-Isaac Asimov

#57 User is offline   Princess 

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

View PostAbyss, on 28 March 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

You're all being ridiculous and childish.

Now sleep facing the other direction and just ignore anything that sounds like a grapefruit spoon being sharpened and/or the sensation of salt and pepper being sprinkled on your head.

Posted Image Abyss, that actually sounds scary.
There's a skeleton living inside of you, he's just waiting for you to die to be free.

#58 User is offline   Princess 

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:53 PM

Also, sleep paralysis is a weird feeling. You can trigger it by lying down, eyes closed, arms at your sides, and you don't move. You'll get the urge to move, but if you resist those your body will just doze off while you're still awake. Very weird experience.

This post has been edited by Princess Ben Cuddles: 28 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

#59 User is offline   King Lear 

• Une belle quelquesomething sans merci
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:27 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 28 March 2012 - 02:10 PM, said:

A few years back I has quite bad sleep paralysis, hands down the most terrifying experience i've ever had, it fel like there was someone beyond my sight in the room with me but I couldn't turn my head to see, it would last a few minutes and then kind of slip away. Ended up having bad insomnia for a while because of it but eventually I got used to it and then it went away when moved my bed.

Argh this! Except I could almost see a vague shadowy shape standing at the end of my bed just watching me.
I started sleeping with curtains open so the room would be too light for nonexistent shadow people to lurk at me.

You are both not the only ones who have experienced this. It's happened to me since I was younger. It still happens. At my gf's condo, when I am by myself and I turn my back to the sleep facing the wall and the rest of the bedroom (and condo) are at my back...I just simply CANNOT shake the feeling that there is someone/something intangible standing there. It is unnerving. It's also worse when I sleep in the couch and face the window (as opposed to the rest of the darkened condo)...So I always find I HAVE to sleep facing the menace (whatever it is) so it knows I know...totally silly, but it's how my brain works.

Yeah, it's a type of sleeping disorder I believe. Since I sleep talk, sleep walk, and experience sleep paralysis I figure it's just part of the package, rather than waking up and thinking that there's actually someone in the room with me. Which I've also experienced a lot as a kid growing up in a place where violent home invasions are pretty common.

You know, looking at the above I do wonder why it is that sleeping is on the list of my favourite things to do B)
*Men's Frights Activist*

#60 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:59 AM

View PostKing Lear, on 29 March 2012 - 02:27 AM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 28 March 2012 - 02:10 PM, said:

Yeah, it's a type of sleeping disorder I believe. Since I sleep talk, sleep walk, and experience sleep paralysis I figure it's just part of the package, rather than waking up and thinking that there's actually someone in the room with me. Which I've also experienced a lot as a kid growing up in a place where violent home invasions are pretty common.

You know, looking at the above I do wonder why it is that sleeping is on the list of my favourite things to do B)

Sounds like the most exciting part of your day...well night, or better said as your 24 hr cycle.
~Abyss

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users