• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Political Compass

#21 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:29 PM

I'd be interested to see if anyone can genuinely get a lower score than me.
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#22 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:25 AM

View PostKing Lear, on 09 June 2011 - 10:51 AM, said:

View PostBattle Plaptypus, on 09 June 2011 - 10:46 AM, said:

It would be cool to see everyones score put on the same chart.

^This

I could probably do it for us
EDIT: I would definitely need people's coordinates, though perhaps their images would do (that would make it much more laborious for me).

Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.28

Attached File  politicalcompass.png (2.72K)
Number of downloads: 0

This post has been edited by adjutant stormy: 10 June 2011 - 04:45 AM

<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#23 User is offline   Use Of Weapons 

• Soletaken
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Writing. Martial arts. Sport. Music, playing and singing, composition.

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:42 AM

Economic Left/Right: -4.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.69

Pretty much the same as the Dalai Lama, but a bit more centrist.

It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays saying things against one, behind one's back, that are absolutely and entirely true.
-- Oscar Wilde

#24 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:56 AM

Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.41

I'm pretty much Gandhi!
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#25 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:09 PM

Economic Left/Right: -3.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.62
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#26 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:56 PM

I hate these questions. "There is now a worrying fusion of information and entertainment." - do I agree because I think there is a fusion of information and entertainment, or disagree because I don't find it worrying? The latter if I want to be as accurate to the questions as possible, but I don't know the mind of the author and can't guess how (s)he is interpreting this. Or "A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system" - well yes that would be an advantage but something tells me the real question is "Do you think said advantage is a good thing or not" which is completely different. FRUSTRATING! Also it *really* needs a neutral answer possibility. I really have no idea if controlling inflation is more or less important than unemployment. Also, is it so hard to avoid making double-negative questions?

Anyways:

Economic Left/Right: -2.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.72

Attached File  Untitled.jpg (41.05K)
Number of downloads: 1

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#27 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:28 PM

Can't seem to get the graph copied over, but here's my score.

Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.36

HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#28 User is offline   Mott 

• High Marshall, Dinosaur Hunter, Lunapict
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:18 PM

Seems to be about right for me though I think I'm a little more Authoritarian than predicted.

Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.69
Mottfather, who art in chat, hallowed be thy name, thy empire come, thy magic be done, on wu as it is in warren. give us this day our daily cahpters, and forgive us our timeline, as we forgive yours, lead us not into goodkind, but deliver us from ayn rand, for thine is the series, the epic, the glory, I<3WJ ~ Obdi and GH

#29 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:22 PM

"A genuine free market requires restrictions on the ability of predator multinationals to create monopolies."

wtf? how can this be even a question? Be very DEFINITION a free market has no restrictions?

"Controlling inflation is more important than controlling unemployment."

as if the two were mutually exclusive...

"Because corporations cannot be trusted to voluntarily protect the environment, they require regulation"

regulation? how about incentives? regulation implies restriction whereas incentives are promotions.

"The freer the market, the freer the people." what is this shit? Since when does the presence/absence of trade barriers DETERMINE freedom of the individual?

"There are no savage and civilised peoples; there are only different cultures." last time i checked civilized and savage where used as qualitative terms to describe the level of technology in the society or the level of order(ie the state of the hierarchy) present. The question makes no sense.

"What's good for the most successful corporations is always, ultimately, good for all of us.", enron, nortel anyone? How can this even be a question.

"A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system." notice hold the bolded parts contradict one another....

"In a civilised society, one must always have people above to be obeyed and people below to be commanded." i could've sworn this was a requirement for any society....let alone a civilized one.

"It is a waste of time to try to rehabilitate some criminals.", last i checked psychopathy still hasnt been cured...

"Astrology accurately explains many things." yes because horoscropes are so reliable... let alone the fact that giant balls of flaming gas several light years away will somehow have an effect on your life...

"You cannot be moral without being religious." couldve sworn there are several philosophers (Nietzsche, Schopenhauer) who elaborated systems upon which you can make ethical judgments that don't rely on religion.

"Charity is better than social security as a means of helping the genuinely disadvantaged.",... why do i get the feeling a gvt institution would be more effective at giving out money to specific individuals rather than some not for profit organisation run by volounteers.

"It is important that my child's school instills religious values." since when does religion have the monopoly on good values?

"No one can feel naturally homosexual." oh come on we're not still in the medieval ages are we?

Economic Left/Right: -2.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.10

not really sure if this is accurate or not considering how questionable some of the questions are...

#30 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:22 AM

Lol am I the only one on the authoritarian side?
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#31 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:29 AM

View Postadjutant stormy, on 11 June 2011 - 12:22 AM, said:

Yes Future Stalin... So far you are.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#32 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:15 AM

Hey, I fully agree that astrology *can* accurately explain many things (ie at least two things, and they can be anything). I don't necessarily agree that astrology is right, but it can still be accurate. It's like if you said the length of an inch was determined by the length of your thumb. Depending on who's thumb you measure, it might be accurate, but obviously that is not how it is actually determined (these days).

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#33 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:29 AM

Political charts etc. are basically always made by libertarians

Posted Image

bla bla bla

#34 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:24 AM

Economic Left/Right: -4.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46

Fairly close to what I usually get.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#35 User is offline   King Bear 

• Furry

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:51 AM

View PostD, on 11 June 2011 - 02:15 AM, said:

Hey, I fully agree that astrology *can* accurately explain many things (ie at least two things, and they can be anything). I don't necessarily agree that astrology is right, but it can still be accurate. It's like if you said the length of an inch was determined by the length of your thumb. Depending on who's thumb you measure, it might be accurate, but obviously that is not how it is actually determined (these days).

You make an interesting out-of-the-box point D'rek.

No doubt astrological predictions can be accurate by coincidence (helped along by keeping the predictions vague and general). Now I'm probably hair-splitting, but are predictions that are accidentally right accurately explaining anything? Assuming astrology is false as a science, even if a prediction has the potential to more or less match what might happen to someone, it lacks true understanding. There is no science behind it, just guess work and self-delusion, or perhaps con-artistry. I could walk down the street spouting out baseless predictions at random to strangers and potentially be just as accurate as the astrologist. Astrology is different because it uses some sort of system based around movements of heavenly bodies, and some astrologists probably even follow that system. But if that results in 'answers' which may or may not be right without any way of really knowing if they will be, it's just the same as me intentionally making up 'answers' on the spot. It's like if you have a monkey typing on a typewriter for eternity, maybe he'll type out every book that humans will ever write. He won't know though when he's typing War and Peace and when he's typing a 1,000 pages of meaningless gibberish.

I guess if you look at astrology from inside a faithful astrologists world-view, then you could say it's accurately explaining things? Even though it isn't.

#36 User is offline   King Bear 

• Furry

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:58 AM

On topic

Attached File  pcgraphpng.php.png (2.73K)

Sorry I forgot to note my co-ordinates Stormy. If it's too much of a pain in the ass for you I can redo the test.

This post has been edited by Future Warrior: 11 June 2011 - 06:04 AM

#37 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:25 AM

Who are you to determine what's "on" and "off" topic?! Fascist!

Economic Left/Right: -8.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.05
<h2></h2>

Posted Image
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#38 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:53 AM

I am suddenly reminded of why I don't like, and usually do not take these kinds of tests. Because they're pathetically organised in order to make leading questions, use poor phrasing in order to make questions almost arbitrary, and do not provide adequate response options to each question, given the variable dynamics at play in each scenario presented. It's like "Abortion, yes or no?" "Well, depending on the situation..." is probably the only way I'd answer that question, with a fairly lengthy response following - not simply 'yes' or 'no', even if someone tried to make that the only two options. *sigh*

Economic Left/Right: -2.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.97

Attached File  politicalcompassgraph.jpg (43.48K)

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#39 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:26 PM

If you answer Strongly Agree to every question, you get:

Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.36

If you answer Strongly Disagree to every question, you get:

Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.36

#40 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:27 PM

View Postadjutant stormy, on 11 June 2011 - 12:22 AM, said:

So far I'm the only one on the economic right. No surprise there!

ya commies!
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users