• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Anime

#4621 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 23 January 2022 - 08:03 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 19 January 2022 - 08:32 AM, said:

About twenty primary characters, but every idol show has a 'main' character who gets the most screentime, or sometimes a pair.

Oh so it's more of an idol show than a VA show?

View PostMaark Abbott, on 19 January 2022 - 08:32 AM, said:

Let's take a moment to talk about Bisco.

Start by cutting twenty lines of cocaine. Whilst you cut this, cure Quentin Tarantino of his demented foot-lust. Once complete, prepare seven tabs of LSD, add powdered methamphetamine, then blend it all together with absinthe. Drink it in one go, then wait.

This show is madness. Fucking stupid in every way. He's an archer whose arrows sprout mushrooms, riding a GIANT ENEMY CRAB into battle against cavalry iguanas, automated attack hippos and snail-planes that shoot missiles and barf acid all oert oyle. The storytelling is why we need Quezzer, it's very much his style of non-linear story, and yet despite all the hallucinogen-fuelled madness, IT WORKS. HOW.

Got the first 2 episodes and yeah, the setting and mushroom mania is bananas. There's not a whole lot of purpose to any of it so far, and I'm not sure the first 2 episodes even needed to be told non-linearly like this, but whatever let's see what happens next!

View PostMaark Abbott, on 20 January 2022 - 08:52 AM, said:

Picked up Love of Kill. Seems like a reasonably interesting premise. Boy meets girl, boy is an assassin, girl is an assassin, boy likes girl, girl is receptive, girl is given a hit on him but he is trying to woo her and so shenanigans ensue.

Cop Pod didn't grab me but I'm curious to give this a try, been forever since I've seen a good josei romance and this *might* turn out to be one

Demon Slayer episode this weekend had some really gorgeous fight animation, camera whooshing all over and everything, very exciting!

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#4622 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 24 January 2022 - 08:50 AM

Does a show like Bisco even need a point? It's so butterfuck bonkers that I feel compellted to ride with it regardless.

Haven't seen DS latest episode, it's on my list for tonight if I don't get distracted by either Mass Effect 2 or a Kirin. And I am a bit behind on my greens.

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#4623 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 31 January 2022 - 05:58 PM

Ooooooooo latest attack on titan episode was grrreeeeaaaaaat. Who cares about big titan battles, it's the crazy-pants character reveals that are the best.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#4624 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 01 February 2022 - 08:48 AM

Latest AOT was indeed pretty good.
Spoiler

Most recent Bisque Doll episode was ludicrously teetee content. Need to catch up on Bisco. Also picked up Slow Loop which is pretty much Wataten but the lolis go fishing and have wholesome moeblob time out on the boat. It's comfy, head empty filler.

#4625 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 01 February 2022 - 02:48 PM

Not just implies, I'd say it outright states it as fact.

Spoiler

#4626 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 02 February 2022 - 08:51 AM

Fantasy Bishoujo continues to entertain. I do enjoy a garbage isekai that doesn't pretend not to be bad, and has some fun with it.

Bisco started to become moderately sensible and then episode four happened. No brakes on the mushroom train!

#4627 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 03 February 2022 - 12:33 PM

I guess this qualifies as anime.

Hit Monkey. A Marvel very adult (violence) show on Star, which is part of Disney+.

Watched 2 episodes so far, a lot of fun but I probably shouldn't have watched with the 9 year old. He thinks it's awesome though.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#4628 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 03 February 2022 - 03:23 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 03 February 2022 - 12:33 PM, said:

I guess this qualifies as anime.

Uh, no, not at all. It's made in Atlanta by the same people that made Archer.

#4629 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 03 February 2022 - 08:09 PM

Shrug, it's set in Japan and has a monkey that kills people plus a ghost that is bound to him.

I stand by my decision. ;)

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 03 February 2022 - 08:09 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#4630 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 04 February 2022 - 08:49 AM

It's not anime. Anime is a particular style of animation, and this ain't it.

The closest thing I can offer that's proximate AND arguably anime is Ulysses 31, which has stylistic elements from 70s/80s anime with some 80s western elements and a Greek storyline.

Also, no one else can do the things he do-hoo.

#4631 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 04 February 2022 - 01:38 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 03 February 2022 - 08:09 PM, said:

Shrug, it's set in Japan and has a monkey that kills people plus a ghost that is bound to him.

I stand by my decision. ;)

Tom Cruise in The Last Samurai is now an anime, got it. ^_^

I've never liked the style-based argument. There's a heck of a lot of different visual styles used across anime, after all, and tons of imitators. For me anime is just works made by the Japanese animation industry, in contrast to those made by Hollywood, the European industry, the Chinese animation industry (donghua), etc.

Like, even if Hollywood makes a 3-hour-long musical movie, it still wouldn't be a "Bollywood movie".

#4632 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 14 February 2022 - 08:44 AM

AoT getting into that deep nasty lore. Whew.

Demon Slayer S2 ended on a decent note. You get the feeling that the Hashira are at times stepping stones for Konpachuro Monjiro to become stronger off of, but at least the action was there and most importantly it was fun.

Can't remember if I mentioned but I picked up Slow Loop. It's basically Wataten at the Breakwater. Smol lolis go fishing, wholesome times ensue. Comfy moeblob.

#4633 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 16 February 2022 - 01:37 AM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 14 February 2022 - 08:44 AM, said:

AoT getting into that deep nasty lore. Whew.

Demon Slayer S2 ended on a decent note. You get the feeling that the Hashira are at times stepping stones for Konpachuro Monjiro to become stronger off of, but at least the action was there and most importantly it was fun.

Can't remember if I mentioned but I picked up Slow Loop. It's basically Wataten at the Breakwater. Smol lolis go fishing, wholesome times ensue. Comfy moeblob.

Geez AoT feeling like it's season 1 again with those 3DMG fights and big Sawano music. I'm loving it.

Demon Slayer finale was... ehhh maybe a little overlong in that flashback and where the heck did Nezuko magic healing come from but ah whatever it was big fun.

I watched the first couple episodes of Slow Loop too! It's totally simple cute fun. And it makes me hungry.

#4634 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 17 February 2022 - 12:54 PM

Nezuko's Blood Art has been a thing since season 1. Not healing magic so much as boiling demon blood to burn off the poison, in context it was logical.

Leadale continues to be sorta dumb but cute fun as well. Except... Other players? We getting to the deep lore?

#4635 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 17 February 2022 - 08:42 PM

I mean, "can burn people by turning her blood that splattered on them into fire" to "can selectively burn other demon's blood inside the veins of another person without harming that person just by poking them" seems like quite a jump, especially when she leveled up to that by just napping while the rest all had to do twenty training montages to improve, but whatever.

#4636 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 18 February 2022 - 08:39 AM

:smolnezukorun:

#4637 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 06 March 2022 - 10:06 PM

I’m really liking dress up darling for its story. Though this might qualify as a ecchi with a story , or would you consider this a romance anime. These stupid ones get me like slice of life ones…

Looking for non-fighty character development newer shows to check out on CR if anyone has a few. I’m a speed watcher for sure
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#4638 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 07 March 2022 - 08:30 AM

View PostNicodimas, on 06 March 2022 - 10:06 PM, said:

I'm really liking dress up darling for its story. Though this might qualify as a ecchi with a story , or would you consider this a romance anime. These stupid ones get me like slice of life ones…

Looking for non-fighty character development newer shows to check out on CR if anyone has a few. I'm a speed watcher for sure

Dress Up Darling is a romance for sure.

Akebi-chan is very much a chill out show, very comfortable and easy to relax with. Tends to focus on one character developing per episode.

#4639 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 08 March 2022 - 04:35 PM

Well this looks impressively good. Some pedigree's attached to this as well.

The animation of bloody gorgeous.

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#4640 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 11 March 2022 - 08:55 AM

Oh my god, Sabikui Bisco is Morrowind.

Share this topic:

• 241 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic