• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The game I'm playing is...

#4421 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 April 2022 - 04:24 AM

looks like Cyberpunk to me.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#4422 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 April 2022 - 03:19 PM

VR Bejeweled.

Highly recommended.

#4423 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 08 April 2022 - 07:28 AM

New blueprint ack-wired.

I am probably gonna stream Subnautica across the weekend for a laugh.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#4424 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 11 April 2022 - 11:17 AM

I'm currently playing the third part of NieR:Automata. It has now firmly entered my top 5 favourite games of all time.

Also, my Switch version of 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim arrived on Saturday, a few days early. I previously played it on PS4 and was worried about how the battles would look on the handheld but they've done an amazing job. It's stunning in portable mode and looks/sounds/plays quite beautifully, and is just a wonderful love letter to science fiction in general.

#4425 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 11 April 2022 - 11:33 AM

Subnautica stream has been fun in the weirdest way.

First, accidentally found a cave with about six crashfish chilling. Got blown up.
Then couldn't properly get into Degasishroom because the hitboxes on the danglers is wack on PC.
THEN triggered the miniscreen unity bug when the Sunbeam tried to rescue me.

Was a fun experience anyway.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#4426 User is online   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 12 April 2022 - 12:54 PM

stopped before the last boss in "Flynn". Platforming's all right, but the hitboxes are too small for these weapons. The story is super-basic, and I just don't care for it RN

Started "F.I.S.T. : Forged In Shadow Torch". Pretty fun combat and looks really slick. Gameplay loop of backtracking to smash barriers and find secrets is as fun as ever.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#4427 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 14 April 2022 - 01:01 PM

Finished Horizon: Forbidden West yesterday.

My opinion of this game is a bit sour. There's a lot of good stuff in this game but I think the games direction and design leaves a lot to be wanted.

Alloy is an unlikable character. She's standoffish, dismissive of other people's help and doesn't have much of a sense of humor. The fact that she spends the whole game treating friends like a chore made me not want to play the story.

I think the new system of dozens of weapons and armors that need to be upgraded with rare ressources ruins the fun of the combat. I spent most of the game playing with weapons that felt underpowered because I couldn't be arsed to grind hard robots for ressources that have a low drop chance.

There's tons of abilities to upgrade but I never bothered to learn or use the dozens of abilities that the trees want you to unlock because none of it felt useful or intuitive.

I think the Forbidden West has a ton of promise in the first ten hours but I don't think the game lives up to its potential.

Next up Elden Ring.

#4428 User is online   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 19 April 2022 - 03:17 AM

Cleared 2 more areas to 100%. Got the last weapon (energy whip), which I can also use to reach anchor points ori-style, and also flying enemies.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#4429 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 19 April 2022 - 09:52 AM

Yesterday I finished NieR:Automata, in that I attained endings A, B, C, D, and the "true" ending, E. Now that the Steam version has been fixed I finally got to play it properly after three or four aborted attempts in the five years since release. I could have modded it and got it running properly in that time, I guess, but didn't.

I could gush about it for ages but best not Posted ImagePosted Image I loved the mind-bending mash-up of gameplay genres, the fabulous combat, the awe-inspiring set-pieces, the gorgeous soundtrack and, most of all, the deep philosophical underpinnings of its world. I would love to forget it all and experience it again for the first time.

I need some time to fully absorb it, but it's easily in my top 5 favourite games now Posted Image

#4430 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 26 April 2022 - 10:11 AM

Really struggling to know what to play after NieR:Automata. How do you follow one of the best games you've ever played? The temptation was to dive straight into the previous game, NieR:Replicant, but I thought it might suffer in comparison if I played it so soon. I dabbled a bit with FF XV (for the 3rd of 4th time) but it doesn't really grab me. So I decided to go for something completely different but am still torn between restarting Wasteland 3 or beginning Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. So, for now, I'm doing both :lol:

#4431 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 30 April 2022 - 05:34 AM

Been playing Rogue Legacy 2. It's awesome.
It's basically just the first game with a bigger development budget. Better artwork, wider heritage choices, more classes, just more of everything.

Gameplay feels like the first one. Great movement control and lots of fiendish combinations of jumping and fighting.

#4432 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 01 May 2022 - 03:54 AM

Trying to find good games in the vein of Stardew Valley and Graveyard Keeper. Its a genre I really enjoy but its pretty empty of quality games compared to those two.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#4433 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 01 May 2022 - 04:12 AM

In the vein of Stardew Valley, I enjoyed My time at Portia. It's 3D, more focused on production than farming and more low budget feeling but it had ne hooked for a month or two.

#4434 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 02 May 2022 - 12:41 PM

View PostAptorian, on 01 May 2022 - 04:12 AM, said:

In the vein of Stardew Valley, I enjoyed My time at Portia. It's 3D, more focused on production than farming and more low budget feeling but it had ne hooked for a month or two.

Yea Portia didn't connect with me the way Stardew/Graveyard did., but My time at Sandrock is supposed to be hitting early access later this month (holy fuck its May) - so I'm sure I'll be trying that at least.

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 02 May 2022 - 12:42 PM

#4435 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 02 May 2022 - 02:14 PM

Oh shit, I didn't know My time at Sandrock existed until now. I'll wait until it leaves Early Access though.

#4436 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 02 May 2022 - 02:16 PM

View PostAptorian, on 02 May 2022 - 02:14 PM, said:

Oh shit, I didn't know My time at Sandrock existed until now. I'll wait until it leaves Early Access though.

It's supposed to be multiplayer, which is fun.

In slightly other news, I just finished my Permadeath run in No Mans Sky, so now I have all the achievements for it.

#4437 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 03 May 2022 - 04:02 PM

View PostAptorian, on 14 April 2022 - 01:01 PM, said:

Finished Horizon: Forbidden West yesterday.

My opinion of this game is a bit sour. There's a lot of good stuff in this game but I think the games direction and design leaves a lot to be wanted.

Alloy is an unlikable character. She's standoffish, dismissive of other people's help and doesn't have much of a sense of humor. The fact that she spends the whole game treating friends like a chore made me not want to play the story.

I think the new system of dozens of weapons and armors that need to be upgraded with rare ressources ruins the fun of the combat. I spent most of the game playing with weapons that felt underpowered because I couldn't be arsed to grind hard robots for ressources that have a low drop chance.

There's tons of abilities to upgrade but I never bothered to learn or use the dozens of abilities that the trees want you to unlock because none of it felt useful or intuitive.

I think the Forbidden West has a ton of promise in the first ten hours but I don't think the game lives up to its potential.

Next up Elden Ring.

This has definitely put me off. I'm glad I chose Elden Ring when the two launched; I really enjoyed HZD, I don't want to spoil that experience with what appears to be mostly more of the same.

Which seems weird considering how much I'm enjoying Elden Ring, when it's mostly all the previous DS games mashed into one, with extra bits if you want them. Maybe it's not more of the same that puts me off, just more of something I feel I'm done with.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#4438 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 03 May 2022 - 04:08 PM

Nabbed Rogue Heroes: Ruins of Tasos on Switch for like $8... which is an old school top down Zelda clone done right. Just a blast to play though while I wait somewhat impatiently for TMNT: SHREDDER'S REVENGE to hopefully come out this summer sometime.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#4439 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 03 May 2022 - 04:35 PM

I mean, why would HFW deviate drastically from HZD? HZD was, by all accounts, one of the best exclusives for the PlayStation. There are new machines and new game mechanics that keep it fresh (like the glider and under water exploration). What would they have done different in HFW? The crafting is too much for my taste (much more involved than HZD), but when I was playing (still waiting to have my PS4 disc reader repaired dammit!) I just didn't bother too much with it, other than to grab what seemed to be more powerful equipment. When I continue, I think I'll need to be more attentive to crafting and upgrades because I think types of damage will become more important and being able to tear off parts with tear weapons will be invaluable. But in general, I don't get why doing a lot of the same as HZD is a bad thing. If they would have gone radically different and made huge changes I think the backlash would have been deafening.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 03 May 2022 - 04:36 PM

#4440 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 04 May 2022 - 11:07 AM

I settled into playing Wasteland 3 and am enjoying the hell out of it. They obviously learned a lot from the second game and added tons of QoL features and streamlined a lot of aspects. The combat is awesome and really does feel like XCOM 2's combat now, the story is great, and the voice acting is fantastic.

I noticed NieR:Replicant is on offer in the Square Golden Week sale on Steam, so I have to buy it, obviously.

Share this topic:

• 238 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users