• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The game I'm playing is...

#4381 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 January 2022 - 03:02 PM

View Postworry, on 10 January 2022 - 11:42 AM, said:

Any Metroidvania recommendations? Emphasis more on the Metroid than the vania, but not necessarily scifi. Dread was great and then I played Guacamelee 1 & 2 in quick succession. Kinda jonesing for more of the same.

Already mentioned, but I believe the Ori games are 50% off in the eshop sale until today.

#4382 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 12 January 2022 - 03:07 PM

In the past few days I finished Forgotton Anne, which I really enjoyed, and Ys IX: Monstrum Nox, which I loved almost as much as - if not more than - Ys VIII, which is one of my all-time favourites.

Now I'm about 12 hours into Eastward.

#4383 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 12 January 2022 - 11:25 PM

Started Divinity Original Sin 2 on ps4, playing co op with my wife. Really sound rpg so far, lots of depth but so far the complexity hasn't made it a chore to get into; pretty accessible so far and the text isn't all tiny like some pc ports.

I'm also replaying Dishonored 2 as for some reason I never finished it. It's really fun taking the high chaos path this time. I don't really like having a score sheet at the end of a level though - getting detected only once or finding out I missed one amulet makes me want to replay just for that, but it's much less fun collecting things to get boxes ticked than just playing the story.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#4384 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 13 January 2022 - 04:26 AM

Thanks, all! Ori 1 & 2 look right up my alley and I grabbed em both.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4385 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 13 January 2022 - 04:47 AM

I thought the boss encounters were a bit too hard for my taste in Ori 1 but Ori 2 is probably in a top 5 of my favorite games of all times. Just a really fun game to play, everything in that game is easy to achieve, full of quality of life stuff for the player.

#4386 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 13 January 2022 - 04:18 PM

Ori 1 had bosses, that weren't escape sequences? :o lol

Ori 2 was great, but the Worm took an evening to beat, and I hate it. The sand bag mechanics weren't well-tested for M&K

In Age of Empires-related news: With the last expansion, they messed with the Original Genghis Khan 5 scenario- the enemies no longer auto-resign once you grab the flag. The horror, actually needing to defeat Poland now!

I'm really on a roll, having finished Sundjata, being 1 scanario away from finishing both Mongols and Cumans campaign, and also making progress in Golden Horde and Kings of West Africa custom campaigns. Gonna be jumping into Bulgarian and Lithuanian campaigns, soon, I think.

Oh, and that Hungarian custom campaign I've mentioned earlier? It was a machine translation done by someone that's not the original designer- and it wasn't great- which I mentioned in my reviews; So lo and behold, the original creator released their own translation for both Part I and II of that campaign- so now I get to play Part II as well!
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#4387 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 January 2022 - 05:06 AM

Did a classic Gamer's Weekend and ripped through Ori and the Blind Forest. Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks again, everyone. I'll refer back to replies for further inspiration as time goes by.

#4388 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 January 2022 - 07:18 PM

Finished the Destiny 2 DLC/expansion - Forsaken. It was really good I thought. Being able to travel to the Tangled Shore but not really knowing the lore and how it ties into Destiny 2 proper always left me feeling a bit off balance when going there. Now having played through the content it's cool to have a better understanding of Spider and the other denizens of the location. Also, I've played the free DLC/expansion content Curse of Osiris, Warmind, and now Foresaken. I think they've improved each time, so that has me wondering if I should get Shadowkeep and Beyond Light before The Witch Queen comes out in <gulp> is it like less than a month now? Time flies.

#4389 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 24 January 2022 - 08:54 AM

On Mass 2 now. Mass 1 legendary thoughts:

1) combat is better
2) enemy health display is better
3) Mako has been fucking hamstrung

I set Mass 2 to insanity from the off. Mattock my beloved. Let's pop some heads.

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#4390 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 January 2022 - 04:47 AM

Finished Ori 2. Another great game. But these guys really hate owls!

#4391 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 28 January 2022 - 12:30 PM

Finished Eastward which I absolutely adored. One of those rare games I've wanted to play again immediately after completing it.

Also finished The Last Campfire which I thought was wonderful.

Since then I've been playing a bit of Slay The Spire and have made a start on Vambrace: Cold Soul, which is a total rip-off of Darkest Dungeon so I'm bound to love it Posted Image

#4392 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 29 January 2022 - 08:10 PM

Played and 100% completed Metroid Dread. Took me about an hour to get into it, but once I did I could not put it down. A really fun, just all around well made game. Has a great flow, giving you something new to play with every 45 minutes or so. Excellent level design, too. At times you feel like you’re just trying random doors and passageways, and yet somehow you always end up going in the right direction. Some of the boss fights were a lot of fun, too - I liked how impossible boss fights and some optional challenges seemed the first time round, but then you gradually get better and better with each try.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#4393 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 02 February 2022 - 01:18 PM

My wife got me POKEMON LEGENDS ARCAEUS for my birthday. I am looking forward to playing it!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#4394 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 08 February 2022 - 06:44 PM

Almost wrapped up the Lithuanian campaign. Although it's titled "Algierdas and Kestutis", the last scenario actually has you play as Jageillo, Algierdas' son, and you need to defeat your uncle Kestutis. This dovetails nicely both with the official Polish campaign (which is about Jadwiga, Jageillo's bride-to-be), and the custom campaign about Vytautas, Kestutis' son. And currently I'm filling in the blanks with a custom campaign about Louis the Great of Hungary, Jadwiga's father; and in parallel, following the story of Timur as he's putting down tribal betrayals and gears up to start ravaging Asia.

Exciting time. I figure I'll try to get through all this and then maybe some stuff in the 15th century like the Bohemian and Burgundian campaigns --and Joan of Ark, obviously, since it's contemporary to the Burgundians.

And whenever I'm done with that' I guess it'll be Elden Ring time.

#4395 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 February 2022 - 02:49 PM

Jumped on to Ghost of Tsushima after the recent update. It adds tie-in gear to Horizon Forbidden West. A quick solve of a shrine puzzle on Iki Island will reward you with the gear. What do you think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4396 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 17 February 2022 - 08:54 AM

Good lord, Legends Arceus is fun as heck.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#4397 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 18 February 2022 - 04:02 AM

Starting to feel AoE burnout a bit.
Mostly cuz custom campaign save/progress bug is still there.

Thankfully, Steam NextFest demo blowout is happening again next week. And prior to that, I went browsing steampeek.hu for a bunch of student projects and some other demos.

Oh, and "The Last Oricru", that souls-like that's like Witcher 2 but also sci-fi has a demo. So gonna try to get that, but it's 22 gigs, so that might require an overnight download.

#4398 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 18 February 2022 - 11:27 AM

Played about 30 minutes of Horizon: Forbidden West this morning. Well, it was more like 15 minutes of cutscenes and then some running around collecting herbs but it was fun.

This game looks awesome. Just incredible character models, environments, lighting, everything looks expensive as hell.

I'm going to try and cram as much of this game in me before Tuesday when the Witch Queen expansion comes out for Destiny.

#4399 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 February 2022 - 11:21 PM

An ooey gooey, warm, right out of the oven, chocolate chip cookie to the first forum member who guesses what game I'm playing.

Posted Image

#4400 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 20 February 2022 - 05:09 AM

King of Fighters XV!

Share this topic:

• 237 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic