• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The game I'm playing is...

#4401 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 November 2020 - 10:32 AM

Nearing the end of Trails of Cold Steel. God I love this game, and it's only the start Posted Image

My limited edition of Cold Steel IV is being delivered today, apparently. Only three weeks late.

#4402 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 20 November 2020 - 05:26 PM

China has been unified by the most serene Dragon of the North, conqueror of the Xianbei barbarians, Yuan Shao!

Decent fun, I really need to shake the rust off and try this on Hard. it was a pretty basic set-up, as my warlord's personal goal (what nets him power and respect) was to eliminate the nomadic barbarians, which is the easiest goal to achieve even in Castle age. it also helps that Yuan Shao is pretty isolated from all the in-fighting. After snatching a few relics to prevent my staunchest ally, Liu Biao from achieving his objectives first, the only thing I really had to worry about was picking the right moment to turn on the other northern predender, Kong Rong, the merchant prince whose goal was to amass 7000 gold from trade. After taking on the centrally positioned Lu Bu, I was in prime position to cut off the trade with some well-placed castles. Then it was just a matter of picking the next eligible target for the esteemed Doomstack Bulldozer.

After that I tried another campaign, Ottokar, about the exploits of the last great Czech monarch, before Bohemia was portioned off to a German prince (the Luxemburg line). Frankly, I expected something more complex from this modder judging by his prior works, but it's a multi-scen campaign, so I guess it makes sense it's not as detailed as some of his prior maps.

in parallel I'm continuing to crush the Visigoths in the Berber campaign. The enemy AI feels like it got more aggressive, not that it's able to actually convert that aggression into anything- it's more of a a lot of petty annoynaces, rather than a real threat at this point. Sieging multiple cities feels almost workman-like, compared to the free-flow, open mapped custom stuff I'm alternating these with. It's a good mix. Over the holidays I think I might dabble with the scenario editor and see if I can import some of my AoK and HD favourites into DE.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#4403 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 20 November 2020 - 05:40 PM

I played some Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney yesterday on my Switch. Just the introduction. That's a strange game and I see why it captured the internet's attention. It's very meme-tastic.

Not sure I actually want to play much more of it. It's s bit too clunky and weird.

#4404 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:29 PM

Finished Paper Mario Origami King. Think I started this in the summer but it's not a game you feel like powering through. It's an okay game. Not fantastic but not bad at all. Just very long, simple and tedious at times. Also funny, heartwarming and creative.

Started Part Time UFO on the Switch. Now this is a cool little video game. It's a claw game/physics puzzle. Perfect for small play sessions. Reminds me of a Game Boy game.

This post has been edited by Incredible Aptorian: 22 November 2020 - 04:30 PM

#4405 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 November 2020 - 06:41 PM

After pouring so many hours into Ghosts of Tsushima (got all achievements *brushes-dust-off-left-shoulder), I wasn't ready to get back into it when the Ghost of Tsushima: Legends DLC came out. Sure, I jumped in and played a few interations of 'Survival Quickplay' and got some easy/early unlockables, but that is pretty much where I left it. I maybe played Surviaval Quickplay for a few hours, tops.

But, Saturday evening I was feeling like a GoT bizzzoss-sawce-bawse and decided to throw max effort into the Story 2-player co-op, and let me tell you, it doesn't disappoint. I finished all of the 10 story arcs (3 chapters per) and they are fantastic. The game play really capitalizes on working together and there are many awesome moments where you and your partner do the crouch-sneak-assassinate murder dance together. I recommend giving it a try if you haven't already. There are three medal (bronze-silver-gold) levels of difficulty and the starting (bronze) levels are very accessible/ease of entry for casual players to play.

#4406 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 November 2020 - 06:47 PM

I started up GOT: Legends last week but I wasn't feeling it. Is there an actual story or us it just run-based levels?

#4407 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 November 2020 - 06:53 PM

Story option in the Legends menu. Yes, it is a cohesive story with a finale. And very atmospheric in sections. As you and your co-op partner traverse through the chapter gates, there's some really cool environments. Take a look around if you can. Your co-op partner may just run through the next chapter gate which will take you with them.

#4408 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 24 November 2020 - 09:21 AM

Finished Trails of Cold Steel. Holy fuck, that ending. Not quite as devastating as the end of Trails in the Sky but still! Having a couple of days break from gaming to let that finale sink in, then it's straight into Cold Steel II.

Cold Steel IV limited edition arrived, finally.

#4409 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:36 PM

Played a little bit of Borderlands 3 - Arms Race. Ugh, it's not much fun. I'm not a fan of the attempt to chase trends and roll out these game modes. I preferred the Y1 DLC of story oriented/campaign offerings. I hope this isn't the approach inn Y2, where they abandon story for an attempt at doing trendy game modes - like battle royale-like milquetoast experience Arms Race.

I did like the addition of the skill tree though. Got a loader bot as a pet and he pew pew pews the shit out of stuff.

#4410 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 25 November 2020 - 09:57 PM

Finally, finally, FINALLY! Western releases for the Crossbell Arc of the Trails series! This must surely mean a PS4 and Switch release as well. So happy!

https://store.steamp..._no_Kiseki_KAI/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1461920/The_Legend_of_Heroes_Ao_no_Kiseki_KAI/

#4411 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 November 2020 - 05:08 PM

Finished the COD MW 2 campaign. Since I played it in fits and starts I'm sort of unclear what exactly happened. Also did any of you who remember playing think it ended abruptly?

Spoiler

Also, I was unclear about

Spoiler

Anybody know? I must be missing something.

#4412 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 29 November 2020 - 05:38 PM

My memory is very hazy but I think you have a final showdown with Makarov in Modern Warfare 3.

#4413 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 29 November 2020 - 08:17 PM

oof, this Korean custom campaign in Age of Empires II DE is a doozy.

Felt good crushing it. Last scenario is basically a Nomad map with AI starting with a few castles to defend them. I cheesed it by rushing with my 4 starter CavArchers and chased the AI off their resources, basically killing off their ability to develop.

Think I'll go back to HD version for a bit for some Byzantine fun.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 29 November 2020 - 08:27 PM

#4414 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 01 December 2020 - 01:17 AM

Made lots of progress in CS2 the last 3 days. Finally got done with Act 1.

Quality epicness!
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#4415 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 06 December 2020 - 02:47 PM

CS2 just keeps cranking up the dial on the awesome sauce!

#4416 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 24 December 2020 - 08:24 AM

Been playing a bunch of Three Kingdoms themed stuff in HD, but recently went back to DE, to get a few more runs at that 3 Kingdoms scenario before reviewing it. I've done a total of 4 runs so far, one as each possible tech tree type. All were done on Moderate, but I'm feeling like trying the remaining 3 warlords on Hard. 2 of them (Cao Cao and Lu Bu) are located in the very center of the map, so it'll be interesting to see how much pressure they get on Hard. It feels like Yuan Shao and the Northern Han has the toughest time of all the possible unit combos, b/c all he's got for range are CavArchers, and they're deadly weak to a lot of infantry, compared to mass rattan archers, or mass chu ko nus the other groups get.

Of course, Yellow Turbans have it the worst on paper- can't build villagers (need to convert everyone), and they only get Feudal age techs. But, they do also get Tarkans, and all their units cost no resources; so it's a sensible trade.

Also, by converting all enemy villagers from the get-go. It's entirely possible to paralyze a few enemies' economies early on, and actually have far less threats to deal with.

Surprising amount of depth from a fairly basic set-up.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 24 December 2020 - 09:18 PM

#4417 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 24 December 2020 - 06:43 PM

Oh shit Cold Steel 2 just hit it on the head in this latest segment. So awesome!

#4418 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 December 2020 - 06:00 PM

An ooey gooey, warm, right out of the oven, chocolate chip cookie to the first forum member who guesses what game I'm playing. Bonus: I'll throw on some sprinkles to make it festive. Oh, and if you provide details of the below scene (spoiler tagged of course), you'll also get a tall glass of cold whole milk to wash it down.

Posted Image

#4419 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 26 December 2020 - 06:12 PM

Despite planning to avoid buying new games till I get my hands on new hardware, I decided to buy Immortal: Phynix Rising for the PS4.

The game plays okay so far but I'm worried it's going to melt the console. Games like God of War and COD made my PS4 Pro get pretty loud but Immortal makes the console sound like it's getting ready for take off.

#4420 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 27 December 2020 - 10:51 AM

I'd heard good things about it but I'm amazed at just how awesome Gears Tactics is. The main plot missions are obviously more scripted than your XCOMs and Phoenix Point but that means the production values are through the roof. The combat is the most visceral and exciting I've seen in a turn-based game (the overwatch mechanics, in particular, are fantastic), the skill trees are excellent and look to provide some really diverse builds when coupled with equipment bonuses, and most importantly the enemy AI is very, very good. I'm playing it on 'experienced', which is effectively 'hard' mode, and it's a real challenge. It's very much story and mission driven, and doesn't have the tactical overlay and base building that the others have, but that doesn't seem to matter. Love it so far.

Share this topic:

• 223 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users