Malazan Empire: The game I'm playing is... - Malazan Empire

• 238 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The game I'm playing is...

#4441 User is offline   stone monkey 

• I'm the baddest man alive and I don't plan to die...
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods

Posted 04 May 2022 - 09:39 PM

Currently on my 2nd playthrough of Sable. It's not a game for everyone; you just ride your hoverbike around the world doing favours for people, finding out about its history, and doing some light platforming. No combat or anything like that. And it's impossible to die, even when you fall off something really high - indeed, one of the Steam achievements is actually to jump off something really high. The art direction is gorgeous; it looks like a Moebius comic brought to life. Very gentle and relaxing. The soundtrack is by Japanese Breakfast, whose music I would generally not listen to, as I find it almost unbearably twee, but I find that it works well for this game. Which I guess shows that context is everything.

It's fairly short and was pretty buggy when it first came out, and it still has a few known issues; although I haven't encountered any of them, and it seems to work pretty smoothly for me.
If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do. If some one maintains that two and two are five, or that Iceland is on the equator, you feel pity rather than anger, unless you know so little of arithmetic or geography that his opinion shakes your own contrary conviction. … So whenever you find yourself getting angry about a difference of opinion, be on your guard; you will probably find, on examination, that your belief is going beyond what the evidence warrants. Bertrand Russell

#4442 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 07 May 2022 - 02:02 AM

Playing through the campaigns for the new Indian expansion for AoK DE

They are quite good.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#4443 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 12 May 2022 - 01:56 PM

Picked up PS4 Hades after pretty much doing everything on the PC version, fancied playing it again and enjoying it just as much as the first time.

Hades, Slay the Spire, Fractured But Whole and The Ascent are what I am floating between atm.

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#4444 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 13 May 2022 - 07:07 AM

The "White Tiger" achievement is stupid. I am properly vexed.

I did finish the Polish campaign, and bits of the Czech (both featured the Battle of Grunewald, so i got to kick Teuton's asses twice, which was neat) though. There's definitely been an improvement in the variety in terms of how these campaign scenarios work in later expansions.

Also, tried Burgundians but it didn't grab me. The first Scen in the new Inca campaign is basically a rehash of Montezuma 1- hope it gets more original later on.

Basically just doing some achievement hunting right now, but it's a pretty great way to kill time and clear my mind,

Update: wrapped up the Czech campaign. This makes "Dawn of the Dukes" the 2nd expansion I've played fully in DE, go figure. (the 1st was actually Last Khans)

After the long weekend I need to buckle down and play through the rest of the Vietnamese campaign before moving on to some more Burgundy.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 19 May 2022 - 04:09 AM

#4445 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 27 May 2022 - 05:15 PM

Vietnamese campaign really doesn't feel like it should be classed as "Hard". Vietnamese lategame deathball is insane with super-good ranged and extra beefy elephants. Fighting against the Chinese, there's nothing good they can come up with as counter.

Only 40 achievements left. I guess at some point I might need to play some skirmish games for a few of those...

#4446 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 28 May 2022 - 08:01 PM

Finally got a Wii U. Sure wish I had pulled the trigger 2 yrs ago when it was $94 before hurricanes and Putins Inflation made it $170.

I am going on Xenoblade Chronicles X for a few days now. The game pad features are awesome.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#4447 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 30 May 2022 - 07:46 AM

Jurassic World Evo 2 is fun. The campaign is really well put together, even if it's short. Not toyed with the sandbox mode yet but it's a-comin'.

Algorithm gave me a saucy tickle off it as well.

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#4448 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 22 June 2022 - 01:30 AM

Really enjoying playing Xenoblade Chronicles X with my daughter. I totally didn’t expect her to be so into this. It does hamper how much I can do though cause I can’t progress any story without her here.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#4449 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 14 July 2022 - 07:52 AM

Holocure. It's like a roided Vampire Survivors for extremely questionable weebs.

#4450 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 14 July 2022 - 10:36 PM

Tried out Power Wash Simulator on Gamepass and got sucked right in. Only meant to play 30 minutes but suddenly it's midnight and I don't know where the past 4 hours went.

This is such a satisfying podcast game. You just zone out and get to work cleaning out all the muck. Just finished cleaning a playground covered in grime and it probably took two hours.

Power Wash Simulator is basically a better Visceral Clean Up Detail. Simple. Easy to play and versatile.

#4451 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 15 July 2022 - 07:48 AM

View PostAptorian, on 14 July 2022 - 10:36 PM, said:

Tried out Power Wash Simulator on Gamepass and got sucked right in. Only meant to play 30 minutes but suddenly it's midnight and I don't know where the past 4 hours went.

This is such a satisfying podcast game. You just zone out and get to work cleaning out all the muck. Just finished cleaning a playground covered in grime and it probably took two hours.

Power Wash Simulator is basically a better Visceral Clean Up Detail. Simple. Easy to play and versatile.

I've heard it's good. Maybe I'll rig up my xbox to the laptop via a capture card and, uh. Y'know.

#4452 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 19 July 2022 - 01:05 PM

Been messing around with Death's Gambit Afterlife.

It's pretty fun, and I'm digging the artstyle a lot.

#4453 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 19 July 2022 - 02:13 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 15 July 2022 - 07:48 AM, said:

I've heard it's good. Maybe I'll rig up my xbox to the laptop via a capture card and, uh. Y'know.

Not sure this is the most compelling streaming experience. Not unless you're doing it as a group.

I've been absolutely gorging myself on Power Wash Simulator during my vacation. I'll play it until I start nodding off because of the monotonous work, then I'll sleep for 30 minutes on my couch and play some more until I get tired again.

This is the best stress release I could wish for.

#4454 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist

Posted 19 July 2022 - 09:11 PM

Been playing Half Life Alyx, and it is the best and most intense gaming experience I ever had.

#4455 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 20 July 2022 - 06:18 AM

I really wish I had room for VR in my apartment.

#4456 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 20 July 2022 - 07:46 AM

View PostAptorian, on 19 July 2022 - 02:13 PM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 15 July 2022 - 07:48 AM, said:

Not sure this is the most compelling streaming experience. Not unless you're doing it as a group.

I've been absolutely gorging myself on Power Wash Simulator during my vacation. I'll play it until I start nodding off because of the monotonous work, then I'll sleep for 30 minutes on my couch and play some more until I get tired again.

This is the best stress release I could wish for.

It's on game pass PC, streamed it on Twitch a few days back - gotta agree, solo it's not particularly stimulating but it is quite addictive as a no thoughts head empty time filler.

Wait why the fuck is that slide not FUCKING CLEAoh there's some underneath it

#4457 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist

Posted 20 July 2022 - 08:06 PM

View PostAptorian, on 20 July 2022 - 06:18 AM, said:

I really wish I had room for VR in my apartment.

If you can draw a circle of 1 by 1 m in which you can stand and move your arms in all directions without touching anything, it's enough.

#4458 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 21 July 2022 - 06:40 PM

I don't quite trust my small TV-area. I'll likely smash my hand into something or step on my cat. I think I'll give it a try when the PSVR2 eventually comes out.

Finished Power Wash Simulator. Then replayed almost all the maps to get all the Xbox achievements. God I love this game so much. I had to delete the game, to stop playing it.

There's lots of things that needs fixing. Like unintuitive menus, a soap system that seems pointless, there's little point in using the wide spray nozzles, lots of dirt that's clearly stuck in the textures seams, etc. But it's still so good.

I don't know how long it takes them to make a map but they could start doing map packs for various video game places and vehicles and I'd pay them all of the money.

#4459 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 July 2022 - 09:03 PM

I've got a Power Wash problem.

After finishing the game yesterday I tried a few games to replace my addiction. I Powered straight through Katamari Damacy Reroll in a few hours. Enjoyable but way too short.

Then I tried out House Flipper and Lawnmower simulator to see if they scratched the same itch but they're too rough and underdeveloped/low budget. I seriously started considering downloading Farming simulator or Euro Truck simulator but then I reconsidered.

There's nothing on the market quite like Power Wash Simulator, so I redownloaded the game and reset the game progress and am now replaying the career mode.

I'm so hooked on this game that I'm watching Markiplier's let's play of the game. I don't remember when I was last this hooked on a game. Maybe Minecraft?

#4460 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 28 July 2022 - 02:42 PM

Wrapped up Death's Gambit: afterlife. Except for NG+ content, but don't feel like that RN.

I picked up Tarnishing of Juxtia, which is also a pixel-art 2D Soulsy platformer. But prolly gonna play Itorah first as a palate cleanser.

Share this topic:

• 238 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users