• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Little points that keep bothering you. Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   Roldom 

• Great Wizzard of High House Naughtiness
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:32 AM

now u mention it Whiskyjack, i think your right.

it was the crimson guard
I did not like the catfish... - Karsa Orlong

The best detox is retox - drunken co-worker

#62 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:44 PM

View PostWhiskeyJackDaniels, on 06 December 2010 - 06:07 AM, said:

...As far as I know Rake only came upon the Empire once before Pale, and he withdrew for some reason.

Wasn't that Mott/Blackwood and it was the Empire who withdrew?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#63 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:08 PM

I was always under the impression (even though there's no direct mention that I can recall) that the Empire clashed with Rake at some point during Kellanved's reign. In TtH when Dassem and Rake first face off, Dassem tells Rake (and I'm paraphrasing): "You were never my enemy, not even when the Empire..."

And in GotM, IIRC, during the meeting with Tayschrenn, 'Sail, Calot, Dujek and Hairlock, I believe it's Tay who says "Moon's Spawn has retreated from a direct confrontation with the Empire before."

View PostIlluyankas, on 07 April 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

How do you rape a cave? Do you ask, "You want to fuck, yes?" hear the echo come back, "Yes... es... es..." and get your barnacle-gouged groove on?

#64 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:50 AM

View PostAbyss, on 06 December 2010 - 04:44 PM, said:

View PostWhiskeyJackDaniels, on 06 December 2010 - 06:07 AM, said:

...As far as I know Rake only came upon the Empire once before Pale, and he withdrew for some reason.

Wasn't that Mott/Blackwood and it was the Empire who withdrew?

The Empire was still in Blackdog at the start of GotM. The 5th Army was engaged against the Crimson Guard and the Tiste Andii while the 2nd besieged Pale (can't remember where the 6th was). The Tiste Andii fought at Blackdog, and so did Rake, but IIRC it wasn't against the Empire - it was against Cowl, for taking a swipe at Silanah.

From GotM:

Pale's wizards had found a powerful ally. Tattersail recalled that the Empire had locked horns with the Moon's mysterious lord once before, in the days of the Emperor. Things had threatened to get ugly, but then Moon's Spawn withdrew from the game. No one still living knew why - just one of the thousand secrets the Emperor took with him to his watery grave.

So Ciceronian is right, it was in Kellanved's day.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#65 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:55 AM

View PostShadowRaven, on 03 December 2010 - 07:53 AM, said:

Speaking of the T'lann Imass, the Bonecasters are supposed to be really powerful mages, but I don't recall us ever seeing them using magic, other than the soletaken/generic T'lann Imass stuff. Am I just forgetting something or could it be that they lost their sorcerous abilities in the Ritual?

The one in DG (Hautos Ilm maybe?) easily takes down the crazy mage following Kulp and co...

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#66 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:11 AM

View PostD, on 08 December 2010 - 03:55 AM, said:

Speaking of the T'lann Imass, the Bonecasters are supposed to be really powerful mages, but I don't recall us ever seeing them using magic, other than the soletaken/generic T'lann Imass stuff. Am I just forgetting something or could it be that they lost their sorcerous abilities in the Ritual?

The one in DG (Hautos Ilm maybe?) easily takes down the crazy mage following Kulp and co...

Hentos Ilm, yeah. While it's true we don't see much combat magic (we don't even see that, Hentos Ilm just disappears and the storm dissipates), we see a lot of investiture and warding magic employed, like when Karsa happens across Aramala in HoC or when the T'lan Imass bless the pile on Itkovian's grave. There's many other instances, so we have plenty of evidence of sorcerous ability.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#67 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:18 AM

View PostMTS, on 08 December 2010 - 04:11 AM, said:

Hentos Ilm, yeah. While it's true we don't see much combat magic (we don't even see that, Hentos Ilm just disappears and the storm dissipates), we see a lot of investiture and warding magic employed, like when Karsa happens across Aramala in HoC or when the T'lan Imass bless the pile on Itkovian's grave. There's many other instances, so we have plenty of evidence of sorcerous ability.

Mhmm. I think a lot of Bonecaster magic involves big rituals like the kind we always see Monok Ochem doing. Powerful stuff, but not necessarily quickly deployable, better for lasting effects or when you've got 5 minutes to prepare some weird substances and geometric shapes.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#68 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:57 PM

probably why the bonecasters are also soletaken. for direct combat when ritual magics would be to slow
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#69 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:08 AM

View PostD, on 08 December 2010 - 05:18 AM, said:

View PostMTS, on 08 December 2010 - 04:11 AM, said:

Mhmm. I think a lot of Bonecaster magic involves big rituals like the kind we always see Monok Ochem doing. Powerful stuff, but not necessarily quickly deployable, better for lasting effects or when you've got 5 minutes to prepare some weird substances and geometric shapes.

A reasonable assumption. Explains why we never saw Monok Ochem cut loose in the battle for the First Throne. Being from tribes and deriving their magic from spirits, it stands to reason their magic is very ritualistic. I'd liken their style of magic to that of the Wickan warlocks. No waves of coruscating sorcery, and instead of spirits they have Tellann to assist them.

#70 User is offline   Ulrik 

• Highest Marshall of Mott Irregulars

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:11 PM

View PostBauchelain the Evil, on 18 November 2010 - 03:56 PM, said:

View PostUlrik, on 17 November 2010 - 06:43 PM, said:

5 - We still dont know if Madrun Badrun and Lazan Door are alive! This part is IMO veeery selfish from SE, unless he made deal with ICE. Which brings question - how the hell mere (?) Seguleh survived being, probably literally, "under mountain"? 

Hmmm. I'm pretty sure Torvald mentions them at the end bleeding but very much alive. I could be wrong of course. I'll check.

I found this:

"No, you're right, about me and Scorch and Leff – and those fallen Seguleh over there – she doesn't care." So...they doesnt seem much alive...:)
Adept Ulrik - Highest Marshall of Quick Ben's Irregulars
Being optimisticīs worthless if it means ignoring the suffering of this world. Worse than worthless. Itīs bloody evil.
- Fiddler

#71 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Not much

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:15 PM

I read fallen Seguleh as outcast Seguleh, exiled Seguleh, not dead Seguleh
Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#72 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:29 PM

View PostBauchelain the Evil, on 22 December 2010 - 06:15 PM, said:

i actually read it as 'fallen down and can't get up due to unconsciousness and/or non-fatal trauma', but yeah, not dead.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#73 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:36 PM

View PostAbyss, on 22 December 2010 - 08:29 PM, said:

View PostBauchelain the Evil, on 22 December 2010 - 06:15 PM, said:

i actually read it as 'fallen down and can't get up due to unconsciousness and/or non-fatal trauma', but yeah, not dead.

That's how I read it too. Seems like there was too much build-up of their characters to just be wiped out liked that as well. I've a feeling they'll play a role in OST.

#74 User is offline   Ulrik 

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:05 PM

I like you, guys, giving me sooo much hope...oh yeah, its Christmas...:)
Being optimisticīs worthless if it means ignoring the suffering of this world. Worse than worthless. Itīs bloody evil.
- Fiddler

#75 User is offline   Trickster 

• Recruit

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:59 AM

So, what happened with Bruthen Brama (or what was his name?) - did his soul gone to Hood Realm, or he is still wandering through empty world, or he found Knuckles and Kili? That's sad, that poor guy is propably doomed...

#76 User is offline   Thel Akai 

• Corporal

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:48 PM

View PostUlrik, on 22 December 2010 - 06:11 PM, said:

Hmmm. I'm pretty sure Torvald mentions them at the end bleeding but very much alive. I could be wrong of course. I'll check.

I found this:

"No, you're right, about me and Scorch and Leff – and those fallen Seguleh over there – she doesn't care." So...they doesnt seem much alive...:)

But that's not the last you hear of them, they're mentioned later in the book and appear to be in slightly better shape.

#77 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:18 PM

As far as I can recall Bruthen Trana is still wandering. I'm pretty sure the last we see of him is after he freed Brys and he tells the Guardian he is going to try and find the House again.

#78 User is offline   Trickster 

• Recruit

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:01 PM

And that's sad - after all, we know, that Knuckles and Kili went away - so will he find empty house or not, he suffers The Fate Worse Than Death...

This post has been edited by Trickster: 23 December 2010 - 07:24 PM

#79 User is offline   Lister of Smeg 

• King of High House Smeg

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:57 PM

I really hoped we'd see Bruthen Trana in DoD, possibly as a POV on the Elder Gods. I was disappointed that he wasn't even mentioned. Come on SE, tell us what happened to him!
Avoid being seen as racist by saying, "I'm not a racist, but ..." prior to making a racist comment.

#80 User is offline   Ulrik 

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:55 PM

View PostThel Akai, on 23 December 2010 - 01:48 PM, said:

View PostUlrik, on 22 December 2010 - 06:11 PM, said:

I found this:

But that's not the last you hear of them, they're mentioned later in the book and appear to be in slightly better shape.

Show me your quote-fu! (Im not telling you are not right, Im dumb enought to miss it even during reread:))

And for Bruthen Trana...its really sad...I hope he get some...help. I always felt that he was too abused. Maybe Brys will take him...some way...maybe...

This post has been edited by Ulrik: 23 December 2010 - 08:57 PM

- Fiddler

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users