• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#2641 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:15 PM

It would be nice to get a big radius of 1.7 near town then, just so it's not in sight. Then I say we leave it. I agree with D'rek and the rivers look almost as out of place as the jagged terrain changes.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2642 User is offline   Wolfy 

• Lair of the Spectacular Tongue Beast
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:19 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 23 August 2011 - 02:57 PM, said:

View PostWolfy, on 23 August 2011 - 02:49 PM, said:

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 22 August 2011 - 01:45 PM, said:

And CF's baked goods and other delights is open for business at the end of Whiskeyjack Court. Price for a loaf of bread is free. I have very limited supplies of cake baking stuff (lots of sugar and wheat but no eggs or milk). If anybody has stockpiles of those that they don't plan to use, you can leave em at the bake shop and I'll make em into cakes. Shouldn't need much wheat. I have a bunch already and once the farm is going it will be ridiculous.

You now have 5 Stacks of wheat, bake away good sir!

Next time I head back to my mountain home I'll fetch my eggs for you.

Thank you good sir. I think I have some eggs knocking around back at castle CF as well. Probably 5-6.

Turns out one of the more difficult cake ingredients is milk. You have to get under the cows somehow...like them up on a block and you below, get them to hold still for 2 seconds and click their udder. It's very degrading pursuing a barnyard animal and clicking relentlessly on its underside.

Erm.. I've always just run up and used a bucket on them for instant milk :yes Were you drinking before these udder shenanigans?

#2643 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human
  • Group: The Most Holy and Exalted Inquis

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:20 AM

Anyone feel like building a radio-telescope on one of the communal grounds?
The Pub is Always Open

Proud supporter of the Wolves of Winter. Glory be to her Majesty, The Lady Snow.
Cursed Summer returns. The Lady Now Sleeps.

The Sexy Thatch Burning Physicist

Τον Πρωτος Αληθη Δεσποτην της Οικιας Αυτος

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.
A non-touching itself rock.

#2644 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:51 PM

^^^^

that is a fantastic idea DW. Even better, do it in the desert...cos that's where they build em in RL to reduce atmospheric interference and EM blockage caused by humidity in the air.

Maybe the public lot that has the subway station built on the corner of it way at the N end of main street?

@town

I continued roadbuilding last night when I couldn't sleep (3 AM) and working on my treehouse. It's going to be pretty big. Not Azath big, but big....hell, we can call it the town azath house if you like. In fact, we can build the town mob spawner underneath it when I complete it. I was thinking a good spot for a mob spawner might also be in the crypt of the cathedral once that's done.

Looks like somebody was working on the farm too...The plots with the crops either need to be penned in with fences or the whole area should be planted to avoid barnyard animals and other mobs spawning there. They trample the crops and revert it all back to grass (something you can see happening now).

I was looting my chests in Moon Spawn and found 2.5 stacks of diamonds. I got these somehow last winter due to some glitch before I had mod-powers and before I was adminning the server....or Jim / Apt placed them there maybe....either way I didn't want to violate my new vows not to use spawned material as much as possible (communal roads in town don't count). So I put them in a chest near the portal for everybody to share. Steal em all or use em as needed...I don't care.

Oh, the burned boat by the spawn point---I started chopping it down so it wouldn't just sit there half-burned. If you see less of it now, that's why. I've kept an old backup so we can copy-paste it back in if its owner ever surfaces and is upset.

@server

I am going on a long trip (2 weeks) after Friday and will have sporadic, if any, access to the internet to deal with server issues. I'm going to send a PM to HiddenOne since he has the necessary passwords and commands to restart it if it shits the bed. Requests and problems should be directed to him for the next 2 weeks.

I'll try to pop on if I get a chance to check on things, but hopefully HO will be able to deal with any problems you might have while I'm away.

Lastly, I'm going to take down the zoomable map to see if it improves the lag problems we've been seeing lately. They seemed to intensify after I put the map up a few weeks back. Messremb (adb2aber in game) has the file and you might be able to arrange with him to download it and run it locally on your own computer. It's about 500meg or so IIRC.

Anyway, wall of text but happy crafting.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 24 August 2011 - 01:02 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2645 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:36 PM

Its not funny but it is at the same time. Don't know if should pos rep or neg rep.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#2646 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:38 PM

Fine, whatever.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#2647 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:39 PM

I didn't say it was offensive or needed to be removed. I was just saying im not sure if I should laugh at it or be mad about it :yes
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#2648 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:49 PM

what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it what was it
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2649 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:08 PM

It was a minecraft picture of some guy saying 'finally built a to scale manhattan', then he sees a plane flying towards the twin towers and is like 'nooooo!' and then it zooms in on the cockpit and the pilots are the green exploding guys whos name escapes me atm.

#2650 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:10 PM

hahaha....ive seen that before.

good one.

It's been long enough now. They made a nic cage movie about it for fucks sakes.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2651 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:15 PM

There was a Nick Cage movie about the twin towers? Weird.

#2652 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:20 PM

I dubbelieve so...he's a fiirefighter in it or some stupid shit.

made in like 2005.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2653 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:23 PM

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0469641/

Blah.

#2654 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:52 PM

That movie is awful, I don't care what its about, it should be avoided
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#2655 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:58 PM

So HO just got back to me. He's cool with adminning for a couple weeks. He doesn't have access to the root directory and can't perform full server reboots, but I don't expect trouble. My last semi-reliable internet connection will be next weekend and I'll make sure I do a reboot then.

@Town.

Just built us a Gazebo area at the end of Whiskeyjack Court - Soon to be Whiskeyjack Lane once the road up around the farm is all finished.

It's a little drum tower type thing with a boat dock area underneath for travellers on the 7 seas. Remember to break your boat rather than jumping out cos it's only 2 blocks high and it will hurt you to jump out of the boat. Didnt' really account for that and can't be arsed now to fix it.

Gazebo is not finished yet but it will occupy the centre of the drum when I get around to building it.

Road around the farm block is now completed all the way up the East side and about 1/3 of the way along the north side.

Whoever is building the subway, do we have an E-W line yet? I'd love a station out at the end of Whiskeyjack lane!

There's a perfect spot for one east of the farm road on the corner where I built the drum tower. It's too small for building but big enough for a station. That way you won't have to chop a corner off a lot to make it.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2656 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:44 PM

I can get working on the east/west subway line. It will give me something to do besides hunt sheep.
Error: Signature not valid

#2657 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:57 PM

It has a natural extension straight to the Cathedral along that same road too. Stop at the crossroad and maybe another stop at the cathedral.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#2658 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:36 PM

So, CF, and other server adminning types:

I haven't really been on our MC server since forever ago, (because I've been on my own) but if you want to make the server easily accessible even through hosting-changes, we use this website called Dynamic DNS, and it's basically an IP-forwarding service. They give you a URL for your IP, which is static, irrespective of if you change the IP it points to (which is a fairly easy affair). That URL can be put in the server login screen and then any host-changes don't have to impact the users. They give you a URL like http://www.youraccountname-dyndns.com

Just a thought, as CF's internet woes might imply a need for a more decentralizable server.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#2659 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:39 PM

Stormy, if I understand the server is hosted somewhere, and since CF is the 'owner' he is the only one that can reboot the thing.

So it is his ability to get on the internet that makes it have problems, compared to if he was hosting it on a box at his place.

#2660 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:09 AM

Stormy you should jump on long enough to build a house in town.
Error: Signature not valid

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

39 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 39 guests, 0 anonymous users