• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#1941 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:09 AM

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on 19 May 2011 - 06:07 PM, said:

Is there somewhere I can look to teach me the basics of the game? How do I even make a frigging pick?

Wiki with all crafting recipes

Also, 1.6 is out next week, and Notch has confirmed the 'Sky Dimension' will be finished!
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#1942 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:43 AM

Which translates into "We will implement the Sky world and it will break all of your shit then we will patch it in another week, and then we will patch that patch."

#1943 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:50 PM

LOL. For sure. Although, 1.5 release has been extremely stable. Best one yet. Hopefully that keeps up with 1.6

I won't turn on hell or sky world until we know it's working correctly. They've never been turned on, thus never generated on our server. I'd hate to turn it on and start exploring only to have those chunks left out of future updates (like the main area not receiving any biomes, etc...)

@RLY

Starter materials are now restricted only to pics and a bow and arrows. You gotta mine the rest yourself.

Sometime in the future I'm adding an orientation quest for new users that will see you run to the nearest points of interest, find a hidden chest containing a piece of armor and a sign that will direct you to the next point of interest. The full quest will see you outfitted with a full set of steel armor and a sword. OR you can just do it all yourself. Until I make the quest however, you're on your own.

@HiddenOne

Here's the formula for a single-track two-way boosted rail connection.

|=| = block
|B| = booster
==== = normal rails

|=||B|=||B||B||B||B|====================[x 29ish normal rails]===========|B|===================[rinse repeat to destination]==============|B||B||B||B|=|B||=|

Written out, that's

• Block
  • Booster
  • 1x normal rail
  • 4x adjacent boosters
  • 29x normal rails
  • intermediate Booster
  • Repeat steps 5 and 6 to destination
  • 4x booster rails
  • 1x normail rail
  • Booster
  • Block
Put a redstone torch next to every single booster along the way and the quad-boosters at either end of the track

The single boosters next to the blocks at either end are your starters. They are unpowered normally, but hook them to a pushbutton with a simple redstone circuit.

The single boosters next to the blocks give you your initial momentum. The quad boosters accelerate you to max speed of 8 blocks/second. Each single booster along the way restores momentum. Ideal is 1 every 26 blocks for max speed, but 1 every 30 is more conservative of booster tracks and gives you an average speed of about 7.6 blocks/second. Any farther apart and your average speed really suffers.

Any unpowered booster rail will stop you, so make sure all your intermediate boosters, including the quad boosters are powered all the time with a redstone torch. Sometimes placing the torch first glitches and won't light up the booster, so place the booster track first and make sure it lights up after you place the torch. Boosters work on hills. I place em every second block on a hill and light each individual one with a redstone torch.

Corners also seem to kill momentum, so I've gotten in the habit of putting 2 boosters at each corner....one boosting into the corner and one boosting out.

If you want to see one in action, check out the link to Apt's from Jim's tower near the spawn point. I've built a link from Jims to apt's tower, another to apt's dome and another out to Kanubis' new place from the dome.

Just smash your cart and replace it for each leg of the journey. easy!
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1944 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:57 PM

Uh, I meant he'd confirmed that he would do the Sky Realm at some point, he's not including it in 1.6!

I think it's wise to activate the Nether after he's hotfixed the issues with it in SMP in 1.6, certainly :D
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#1945 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:33 PM

@CF - What happened to the whole Detector rail thing like your last diagram? That's what I've been using

#1946 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:29 AM

http://notch.tumblr....ngelist-for-1-6

Multiplayer nether. Should be interesting.

#1947 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:37 AM

@ Liosan,

I based that on minepedia info shortly after 1.5 release. I thought detector rails were the only way to turn on a booster rail at that time, but then more info was added during the following week on minepedia and by somebody in this thread (can't remember who) that you can light em up using redstone torches.

I think the main function of the detector rails is to activate other redstone circuits, like cart stoppers, switching stations, etc..

I destroyed all my DBD boosters because they were unreliable. using a redstone torch to keep the booster lit up works like a charm.

Oh yeah, and it's best not to leave any carts on any boosted sections...even at the terminals because other incoming players run into them at the end and get bounced back the direction they came.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1948 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

just read the changelist. Looks good. This game is getting very refined now.

Also, did a server restart this morning. Let me know if anybody has issues.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1949 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:33 PM

Oh God the work ahead... :D

#1950 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:48 PM

Somebody has robbed my fort and I am upset. Stolen diamonds & obsidian. Several stacks of iron. Some coal & torches maybe.

Anybody got a clue? Never had this problem before
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#1951 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:09 PM

Oh noes. Right I am moving my stash.

#1952 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:22 PM

Not sure if we have a thief or a griefer on our hands here.

I am missing about half of my diamonds from my Mountain along with some iron, flint and coal. Strangely enough they haven't taken my stash of Obsidian, clay or gold.

Also, the lava dome at the top of my HQ has been breached and lava has leaked all over the place and down the sides. There is also glass broken inside my storage area.

I am honestly not sure if the damage is the work of griefers or the work of creepers, they pop up all over the place. So I am not quite ready to panic. Yet.

Somehow I doubt it is one of us regulars who are running around stealing stuff, more likely it is one of the new people. I'm not really interested in pointing fingers or anything. I'd just like to make it clear that taking other peoples stuff is not even necessary. If people are so desperate for diamonds let us mods know and we'll fucking spawn you a chest full of diamond tools and armor if that is what you want or need. Just don't go around taking other peoples stuff. The "do it yourself" rule was implemented because we wanted to make the server more challenging. But we're already bending that rule plenty, spawning water, lava, diamond tools, etc for people. Just let me know if you want something and I'll get you it.

I am wondering if we someone has been invited recently that is not aware of the unwritten rules of Minecraft. That being DON'T TAKE OTHER PEOPLE'S STUFF WITH OUT ASKING PERMISSION!

This post has been edited by Battle Plaptypus: 25 May 2011 - 04:25 PM

#1953 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:28 PM

Hmmm. Who is Sirkus24? I said hello earlier and he didn't answer. Now he just logged off... veeery suspicious.

Apt, making his list, checking it twice...

#1954 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:21 PM

Ban them all!!! Arrrrrgh

Wait, it's not RLY's ID is it?

This post has been edited by HiddenOne: 25 May 2011 - 07:25 PM

HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#1955 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:57 PM

not sure what RLY's name is. I shut down the server for the moment.

Good motivation to bring the whitelist online, I guess. That's a good first step anyway. I will do my best to get it completed before the weekend with the people I had already plus the few that have given me names since. I'm sorry I've been so long at it and it's partially my fault for not getting on top of security before now. Please respawn yourself whatever you feel you lost and try to do the same for other non-op players.

Remember any of you ops have the ability to ban using the /ban <user> command. Please go to minepedia and familiarize yourself with the commands. If somebody is on you don't recognize and doesn't say anything back to you when you ask who they are, don't be afraid to ban them. They don't have to be online for you to do it. The server automatically adds them to the ban list and won't let them back online until I take them off it.

That way, if it's a malaz regular, then they can get back online via PM to me and no harm done. If they're some dirty rotten griefer, then they can fuck off permanently. Same goes if somebody gets left off the whitelist accidentally. They can give me a PM and I'll make sure the error is corrected asap.

so yes,

SERVER IS OFFLINE UNTIL WHITELIST IS IMPLEMENTED. I WILL DO MY BEST TO GET IT ONLINE ASAP BUT AM VERY BUSY IN RL AT THE MOMENT. I PROMISE, BY THE WEEKEND FOR SURE.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1956 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:06 PM

Oh....and can members that vouched for non-malazites please check with the folks you vouched for? Not pointing any fingers, I just have no means of contacting them.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1957 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human
  • Group: The Most Holy and Exalted Inquis

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:12 PM

I've noticed a hell of a lot of holes in the Skylane. I refuse to use it now.
The Pub is Always Open

Proud supporter of the Wolves of Winter. Glory be to her Majesty, The Lady Snow.
Cursed Summer returns. The Lady Now Sleeps.

The Sexy Thatch Burning Physicist

Τον Πρωτος Αληθη Δεσποτην της Οικιας Αυτος

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.
A non-touching itself rock.

#1958 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:43 PM

sorry bout multiple posts.

just went on with myself as the only allowed player. Seems pretty localized destruction-wise to Apt's tower and the nearby skybridge. A bit of lava here and there and the occasional glass block removed from the floor to make people fall. Of course he fucked with the spawn point, which I'll have to re-stock with tools.

pretty standard grief attack. I wasn't missing anything. I'm guessing that by implementing a whitelist we can pretty much curb this forever. Might also look into cycling the IP once in awhile too if it isn't too much of a hassle.

apt, your dome is fine afaik too I just checked the nearby points from that...it seems the rampage stopped right about there anyway.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1959 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:45 PM

View PostDarkwatch, on 25 May 2011 - 10:12 PM, said:

I've noticed a hell of a lot of holes in the Skylane. I refuse to use it now.

Folks who use it, just carry around some glass for a bit and patch holes when you find em. It won't take long to get it back shipshape.

Let me know if there was any severe damage anywhere. Maybe we can turn on "peaceful mode" to eliminate monsters for some 24/7 rebuilding if necessary.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1960 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:39 PM

Well that's some shitty news. We have someone messing with our stuff. Good call on shut down CF. As if there were thefts (and as Apt mentioned, completely unnecessary); I am disappoint. Are we sure the thefts are related to the destruction of the sky bridge?

View PostHiddenOne, on 25 May 2011 - 02:48 PM, said:

Somebody has robbed my fort and I am upset. Stolen diamonds & obsidian. Several stacks of iron. Some coal & torches maybe.Anybody got a clue? Never had this problem before

Where is your fort HO? Is it that high place with the Giant H on it, next to Traveller's castle? If it is, I was by there i think on the weekend when I played for about half an hour. I met one of the noobs (it was one of morgoth's brother/friend?)by there to show them my new project area north of there. Not saying it was that person or anything, but I showed up later than he. Maybe a place to start, at least to make sure and maybe he knows whether or not the missing items were there when he stopped by?

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

25 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users