• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#1461 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:30 PM

I had that happen down in the arena too. Nothing up top...just that huge chunk missing down below.

Also, the horizon looks very funny of late. It was fine for awhile but is glitched to hell now.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1462 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:57 PM

Whoah there's chunk errors everywhere. I went on a ride on the canal behind the Azath and nearly sailed right into one. Seems that if you place block where the hole is, the block that was there before reappears. I'm guessing the material isn't actually missing, it's just a bug, and it will reappear when ever Notch foes a fix... I hope. Luckily the Azath is intact.

Why haven't you activated the Monsters yet? Are they still broken? Or are you just a bunch of pussies?

#1463 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:10 PM

I was wondering that too. I want monsters.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1464 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:15 PM

Does this mean than Minecraft is about to be fun again?

MONSTERS!

Now I have to log on to see these errors for myself.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#1465 User is offline   Slippery Jim 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:31 PM

I can activate monsters any time you guys want...

Jim

#1466 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:34 PM

MONSTER SPAWNER ACTIVATE!

EDIT: You might want to give people a days warning or so though. It would suck to be a mile beneath the earth with no armor, weapons or food and get fucked up by a swarm of zombies.

This post has been edited by Jenisapt Rul: 11 January 2011 - 03:36 PM

#1467 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:43 PM

View PostFirst Tiger, on 11 January 2011 - 01:30 PM, said:

I've started to extend the canal eastwards, I think I'll try to steer it towards D'rek at some point.

The canal already reaches the ocean, ergo it reaches me. You can't really do better than that since I'm not on the main continent.

View PostJenisapt Rul, on 11 January 2011 - 01:57 PM, said:

Whoah there's chunk errors everywhere. I went on a ride on the canal behind the Azath and nearly sailed right into one. Seems that if you place block where the hole is, the block that was there before reappears. I'm guessing the material isn't actually missing, it's just a bug, and it will reappear when ever Notch foes a fix... I hope. Luckily the Azath is intact.

Why haven't you activated the Monsters yet? Are they still broken? Or are you just a bunch of pussies?

There's two different chunk errors - the kind where they're loaded but you've gotten to them too fast for the visual terrain to be added so there's invisible blocks in about a 32x32x32 cube, and you can still jump on them and see downwards into the caves and such. Then there's the gaping pits of doom that randomly appear as a gitch and create a 16x16 or so hole from your own height straight down through the world, with all the terrain along the sides being visible. The former you can just wait and it'll load, and you can walk on it, build on it, mine it, etc while it's invisible. The latter the blocks are not even loaded on the client and so you'll fall to your death. The only way to fix the latter is to disconnect and reconnect.

I'm all for adding monsters. Did Notch add the water monster he was talking about, yet?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1468 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:46 PM

Another question, is hell working in MP yet? I want to go portal hoping.

#1469 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:15 PM

View PostD, on 11 January 2011 - 03:43 PM, said:

I've started to extend the canal eastwards, I think I'll try to steer it towards D'rek at some point.

The canal already reaches the ocean, ergo it reaches me. You can't really do better than that since I'm not on the main continent.

I've been extending the canal further East. I thought of heading out towards the snow biome; I think it will run a little closer to your patch than the current canal branch that goes south. I'm not exactly certain where you are anyway, I'll have a wander later. I just like building canals - so I'm going to extend it so people have better access to areas that are a bit more remote.

Also..I want Monsters! I've been ready for them for ages, and everyone's had plenty of warning. Let them loose, it will be fun.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1470 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:58 PM

Monsters please!

#1471 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:08 PM

View PostJenisapt Rul, on 11 January 2011 - 03:46 PM, said:

I don't think so.

View PostFirst Tiger, on 11 January 2011 - 04:15 PM, said:

View PostD, on 11 January 2011 - 03:43 PM, said:

I've been extending the canal further East. I thought of heading out towards the snow biome; I think it will run a little closer to your patch than the current canal branch that goes south. I'm not exactly certain where you are anyway, I'll have a wander later. I just like building canals - so I'm going to extend it so people have better access to areas that are a bit more remote.

Also..I want Monsters! I've been ready for them for ages, and everyone's had plenty of warning. Let them loose, it will be fun.

the snow biome? Like the huge tundra that's ridiculously far out and isn't connected to the main continent (that I know of) either?

You know what, we really need a new map is what we need. There are a ton of areas that have been explored since the old one, as well as new constructions. How did we make the previous map again?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1472 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:16 PM

View PostD, on 11 January 2011 - 05:08 PM, said:

the snow biome? Like the huge tundra that's ridiculously far out and isn't connected to the main continent (that I know of) either?

You know what, we really need a new map is what we need. There are a ton of areas that have been explored since the old one, as well as new constructions. How did we make the previous map again?

Nope, the snow one. If I keep heading east (sunrise) I cross a few hills, a bit of water/sea, and eventually reach ice
and snow. Snowy trees, icy lake etc. As far as I remember you are more south-east.

EDIT just looked at page 57 (!) you are just to the south actually, and not that far away by the look of things. The snow biome shows on the larger map.

We need a new map, preferably a large pic with enough detail to see where everyone is and where they've been.

This post has been edited by First Tiger: 11 January 2011 - 05:23 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1473 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:20 PM

My only request is that you keep with the 5 block-wide existing design, even on diagonals (ie 5 corner-to-corner diagonal blocks). It just sucks if it's any narrower. Way too little room to maneuver.

View PostJenisapt Rul, on 11 January 2011 - 01:57 PM, said:

Yes, we are pussies. I say we put the countown on right away. Allow final preparations today and activate at a random time (or whenever Jim gets around to it) tomorrow. I am extremely stoked to see the Azath at work.

View PostJenisapt Rul, on 11 January 2011 - 03:46 PM, said:

As of last night no. I have no idea when it will be going up, but they are going on a rampage of adding new stuff and fixing old bugs. They seem to be getting more strategic with it all. SMP hell-world has got to be a top priority. It's a huge part of the game.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1474 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:38 PM

Do the monsters take damage and die like they're supposed to? Invincible mobs would suck so bad.

I think Kanubis made the last map, but I haven't seen him around in a while.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#1475 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:04 PM

On my friend's server we got portals working, but they took each player to their own personal Nether.

It was weird. And then it caused the server to crash. So, non-functional, but getting there.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#1476 User is offline   Slippery Jim 

• Lieutenant

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:15 PM

OK guys - I'll give you 24 hours notice.

I'll activate monsters when I get in from work tomorrow - about 7pm GMT.

Good luck everyone!

Jim

#1477 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:49 PM

YEAAAAAHHHHHH

I cannot wait until the ground floor of MS is filled with dangerous-ness.

I gotta clear my chests out of there before things get hairy. It will also be interesting when the occasional spider drops down onto one of my towers from the dark slopes of moon spawn.

I also gotta start polluting the arena with torches.

YAY So happy we have monsters. This will make me play again. We've been on wimp mode for far too long.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1478 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:41 PM

Good, can't wait for the curses and comments like 'shit my ..... just got blown up' to begin.

By the way can mobs trigger floor plates? I've gotta go and shut my doors...

#1479 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:00 PM

They can. Also Creepers can climb stairs.

#1480 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:29 PM

I gotta get my steel doors off floor-plate activation then. Dang. So much to do.

Remember there is a gradient to lighting in MC now. A torch on the surface does not equal a torch down below, and you need more lighting the deeper you go in order to prevent monster spawning.

I am definitely going to stop carrying quite as much stuff in my inventory from now on. Might turn the skelly spawner near Moon Spawn into an arrow factory too. There is a spider spawner out near MT's end of the canal (just beside where it dumps into the ocean I think) if anybody wants to make a string factory.

What's the best way to go about that ? More or less build a mini azath pit and monster-drowner at the bottom to funnel arrows into easy reach?
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic