• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#1501 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:50 PM

Scary monsters are scary. And they're spawning in enormous quantities to make up for their absence. Plus with the lag of multiplayer you will find yourself very unable to hit a zombie without it also hitting you!

Is removing regenerating health related to activating monsters or did this just change at the same time?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1502 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:16 PM

health regen is linked to difficulty.

We had no monsters previously because difficulty was set to "peaceful" which also gives health regen.

All other difficulty levels afaik turn off health-regeneration. Time for mass pig slaughter.

Apparently Notch added cake to the game as a craftable item. No idea how to make it.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1503 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:39 PM

Dammit, I can't even get in after the update. Anyone else having trouble? (probably all playing, grr, moan, grumble..)

(Internal exception: java.io.UTFDataFormatException:malformed input around byte 0)

Whatever that means.

From Word of Notch, in case you haven't seen it...

Minecraft Beta 1.2
Minecraft Beta 1.2 is live. All servers need to be updated to 1.2.

New features:
* Note blocks (right click to tune, trigger to play)
* 15 wool dyes
* A new water dwelling mob
* New tree types
* Reeds magically turned into sugar canes. They still make paper.
* A bunch of new crafting recipes
* One secret useful block
* One secret pretty block
* Cake
* AND MOAR, probably. I forget!

Bugfixes:
* Paintings work in multiplayer
* Disconnecting while riding no longer keeps the player in the world
* A bunch more state is properly synched in multiplayer
* Fixed colors going weird on PowerPC
* Fixed a horrible chunk reload loop in singleplayer
* Fixed most lighting bugs in newly generated SMP maps
* Falling sand behaves better in SMP
* Fixed a few crash on load level bugs

This post has been edited by First Tiger: 13 January 2011 - 09:31 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1504 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:50 PM

More details: Version 1.2 Jan 13

• New addition charcoal
  • Note Blocks (right click to tune, trigger to play)
  • 15 wool dyes
  • A new water dwelling mob (Squid)
  • New tree types (Birch, Pine)
  • Reeds magically turned into sugar canes. They still make paper.
  • A bunch of new crafting recipes
  • One secret useful block (Dispenser)
  • One secret pretty block (Sandstone block)
  • Cake
  • Sugar - Crafted from Sugar Cane
  • Default furnaces given new look
  • Bones added to the drop table, exclusively for skeleton archers.
  • Bones can be crafted into Bonemeal.
  • New gray, light gray, and black sheep. Drop correspondingly colored wool.
  • Tools made out of stone and wood are now twice as durable.
  • New ore type (Lapis Lazuli)
  • Spiders can climb up walls.
  • Mob Spawners now show a rotating model inside of what they spawn
  • Wheat Seeds might be harvested more often when plowing grass blocks.
Bugfixes:

• Paintings work in multiplayer
  • Disconnecting while riding no longer keeps the player in the world
  • A bunch more state is properly synched in multiplayer
  • Fixed colors going weird on PowerPC
  • Fixed a horrible chunk reload loop in singleplayer
  • Fixed most lighting bugs in newly generated SMP maps
  • Falling sand behaves better in SMP
  • Fixed a few crash on load level bugs
  • Jack-O-Lantern now has correct tooltip.
  • Sheep now visibly lose their wool when hit.

<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#1505 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:14 PM

I am having trouble getting on the server. It keeps crashing for some reason. not sure If that is tied into updating the multiplayer server itself.

#1506 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:21 PM

View PostAdjutant Stormy, on 13 January 2011 - 09:50 PM, said:

• Spiders can climb up walls.

:p

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1507 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:46 PM

The server probably hasn't been updated yet.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#1508 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:38 AM

Squid are soooo cute!!! They are like sad water sheep with tentacles!

#1509 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:26 PM

hahaha...

I PMd jim RE updating the server.

I want to get online and see how horrifyingly riddled MS is with monsters. Was thinking of filling the whole main room with lava actually. That would be awesome...though it would light it up inside, which would be kinda lame since it would expose a lot of my "secret" passageways that wind around the exterior walls. Maybe I'll just fill it with 2-layer-deep water so that everything spawning in there drowns....and it's kinda like MS Post MoI when they submerge it. That's kinda what I was going for with the waterfalls on the outside anyway.

I bet the azath is just ridiculous full of monsters too.

EDIT

Was reading about the oodles of new content and skellys no longer drop arrows, but bones. Bones are crushed into bonemeal which can be combined with squid ink to form grey dyes.

Also, i have no idea as yet what the point of dying wool is. Is it just to have coloured blocs?

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 14 January 2011 - 12:29 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1510 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:41 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 14 January 2011 - 12:26 PM, said:

hahaha...

I want to get online and see how horrifyingly riddled MS is with monsters. Was thinking of filling the whole main room with lava actually. That would be awesome...though it would light it up inside, which would be kinda lame since it would expose a lot of my "secret" passageways that wind around the exterior walls. Maybe I'll just fill it with 2-layer-deep water so that everything spawning in there drowns....and it's kinda like MS Post MoI when they submerge it. That's kinda what I was going for with the waterfalls on the outside anyway.

EDIT

Was reading about the oodles of new content and skellys no longer drop arrows, but bones. Bones are crushed into bonemeal which can be combined with squid ink to form grey dyes.

Also, i have no idea as yet what the point of dying wool is. Is it just to have coloured blocs?

Coloured blocks = colour designs, and big 'pixelly' pictures that look awesome from a distance. And anything else that you make that you don't want to look grey, green or brown.

I wants to play...
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1511 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 14 January 2011 - 12:26 PM, said:

hahaha...

EDIT

Coloured blocks = colour designs, and big 'pixelly' pictures that look awesome from a distance. And anything else that you make that you don't want to look grey, green or brown.

I wants to play...

#1512 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

View PostTrull, on 13 January 2011 - 03:25 AM, said:

It is done.

Huge project, well worth the time in my opinion. A thank you going out to those awesome minecrafters: HMQB for the upper city (somewhat fire resistant:P); to HiddenOne and Herman for the aid in bestowing burning glory upon the city; and to the mods for the TNT which was used to blast the hole in the wall.
A Special Thank You to my roomates, Jartrich and Morik. Whether you were filling in a damned lake, buildings hours worth of bridge (and falling hilariously to our death), or covering forests in sand -- to name just the easy part -- you guys did a badass job.

Now time to prepare for some monsters.

YES...

Wasn't able to load these pics yesterday cause of my work firewall.

Loooks good.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1513 User is offline   Slippery Jim 

• Lieutenant

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:04 PM

Server updated.

Jim

#1514 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:51 PM

what difficulty is the server set to?

#1515 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:49 PM

I asked the same question

Jim said he just set monsters = true. Maybe there are no difficulty levels in MP. hitpoint wise, they seem similar to playing on Hard in single-player mode.

APT

APT

Your monster spawning azath house is flipping amazing. You have to fight your way into it (since the azath forest is dark enough for daytime monsters) but once you're at the bottom, my god does it ever churn out goodies fast.

Fantastic. I got 2 stacks of feathers in about 10 minutes.

Also sealed up the holes to the big dark area to avoid accidental creeper disruptions. You might wanna run around the main floor and torch the shit out of it though. I was pursued by a couple of nasties in there due low-ish light levels.

And moon spawn is awesome too. I already had a creeper blow the side out of one of my towers. If anybody is in there for any reason CLOSE THE DAMN DOORS BEHIND YOU. For the love of god....please close the doors.

EDIT - I would recommend using a bow as much as possible. Lag on the server makes it extemely difficult to kill even zombies with a sword...and makes it extremely easy for them to kill you.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 14 January 2011 - 05:50 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1516 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:18 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 14 January 2011 - 05:49 PM, said:

Your monster spawning azath house is flipping amazing. You have to fight your way into it (since the azath forest is dark enough for daytime monsters) but once you're at the bottom, my god does it ever churn out goodies fast.

Fantastic. I got 2 stacks of feathers in about 10 minutes.

Yeah. It is pretty awesome. I'm going to re-design the mob killing part, so that it will all collect at one point. Making it possible to leave your character in the collection pool over night for example and collect lots of material.

I've already filled the chests with a couple of stacks of gunpowder, arrows, feathers, string and bones.

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 14 January 2011 - 05:49 PM, said:

Also sealed up the holes to the big dark area to avoid accidental creeper disruptions. You might wanna run around the main floor and torch the shit out of it though. I was pursued by a couple of nasties in there due low-ish light levels.

Actually the point is for the torches to be removed. The point of the big floor is that when it is dark it will spawn monsters night and day. I removed one half couple of days ago, removed the last chunk today. Scary as hell watching the monsters spawn around you as you frantically try to collect the last torches. I've installed doors both on the entrances to the azath and on the dark room level, in case people want to run in and fight endless waves of monsters.

#1517 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:54 PM

Just caused a catastrophic failure in the Azath.

I had blocked the main shaft in the Azath the monsters fall through so I could work on a new killing mechanism. Unfortunately so many monsters were pilling up that I was lagging horribly. I went to a side wall in the shaft to make a hole I could drop some lava through. Big mistake. first I got an arrow in the face. Then a creeper exploded some how and blew a large chunk of the wall away and then all the monsters came through the hole and then everything exploded.

Couple of attempts to retrieve and the last thing I saw was at least a dozen monsters hovering over my dropped inventory.

Fuck.

This post has been edited by Jenisapt Rul: 14 January 2011 - 07:55 PM

#1518 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:26 PM

Well, this has been the funniest evening of MC ever.

I managed to create a resonance cascade of monsters falling into the collection room in the Azath and everyone chipped in to battle the monsters. Got thing under control several time and then all hell broke loose again. Great fun.

Thanks for the help everyone.

#1519 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:37 PM

View PostJenisapt Rul, on 14 January 2011 - 09:26 PM, said:

Well, this has been the funniest evening of MC ever.

I managed to create a resonance cascade of monsters falling into the collection room in the Azath and everyone chipped in to battle the monsters. Got thing under control several time and then all hell broke loose again. Great fun.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Oh, how badly I wanted to participate in this fun, but alas I was duty-bound to miss out :p
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#1520 User is offline   Sheve 

• Fist

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:01 PM

We got the azath back to the original workings again, we think.
They may cut your dick in half
And serve it to a pig
And though it hurts, you'll laugh
And dance a dickless jig

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

25 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users