• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#1481 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:01 PM

Here's a call out for any interested in burning Y'Ghatan. its in short notice, but best to get that project done with so the focus can be put on monsters and the arena. I am posting this at 1:55pm my time. will be on periodically throughout the day, but definitely after 7pm my time. Everyone is welcome, and if interested should bring a couple stacks of ground or sand to use as scaffolding (as i suspect many of the structures, built with alternating materials involving wood, may not burn from the bottom up).

@Cerveza. Just wondering what the chances are of scoring some free flint&tinder for the event. However, it is likely that I can throw enough together if it is not possible.

hopefully HMQB takes part, because he is directly responsible for building much of the upper city, and should be allowed to burn most of it. I am hoping the city remains in semi-permanent burning state (nothing about the straight tree-wood blocks suggest that many will completely disappear).

Will be using a quantity of tnt to blow the front wall to pieces. should be cool. many screenshots will be taken. (question: blow the whole front wall, or just a part of it?)

Anyways, heres to hoping that some of you may be interested in destroying hours worth of effort.

I am doubtful many will be there due to the lack of traffic on the server of late, but will nonetheless be optimistic. In any case, screenshots will be taken.

#1482 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:08 PM

View PostTrull, on 12 January 2011 - 07:01 PM, said:

Here's a call out for any interested in burning Y'Ghatan. its in short notice, but best to get that project done with so the focus can be put on monsters and the arena. I am posting this at 1:55pm my time. will be on periodically throughout the day, but definitely after 7pm my time. Everyone is welcome, and if interested should bring a couple stacks of ground or sand to use as scaffolding (as i suspect many of the structures, built with alternating materials involving wood, may not burn from the bottom up).

@Cerveza. Just wondering what the chances are of scoring some free flint&tinder for the event. However, it is likely that I can throw enough together if it is not possible.

hopefully HMQB takes part, because he is directly responsible for building much of the upper city, and should be allowed to burn most of it. I am hoping the city remains in semi-permanent burning state (nothing about the straight tree-wood blocks suggest that many will completely disappear).

Will be using a quantity of tnt to blow the front wall to pieces. should be cool. many screenshots will be taken. (question: blow the whole front wall, or just a part of it?)

Anyways, heres to hoping that some of you may be interested in destroying hours worth of effort.

I am doubtful many will be there due to the lack of traffic on the server of late, but will nonetheless be optimistic. In any case, screenshots will be taken.

Just part of it -- it'll look cooler.

I'm skeptical about the permenance of the burning, but hey, hopefully it'll go well.
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#1483 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:13 PM

If I can get on later I'll provide whatever mats are necessary for sure. I have a lot of flint saved up in M S for when I need arrows but would gladly donate if anybody can find the super-secret treasure room.

Sorry I've been gone lately, xmas break was not as lax as I had hoped. Then I worked my whole "vacation" the next week. FML.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1484 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:21 PM

When the Azath trap begins to work, there will be plenty of arrows to go around.

#1485 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:34 PM

I will try to participate, if nothing happens to prevent it. What is your time zone, Trull's Son???
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#1486 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:40 PM

Eastern standard

#1487 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:20 PM

I'm pretty sure Notch undid the depth-based monster spawn, since it made life a little too miserable.

I'm looking for a post about it now.

EDIT:

minepedia said:

The Halloween Update version 1.2.0 allowed hostile mob to spawn in higher light levels at lower depths, using the formula 16 - (Layer ÷ 8). At level 8 and below, mobs could spawn even in sunlight. Notch reverted mob spawning to the original method in version 1.2.1, saying, "it was far too annoying. I have plans on what to do with this.

This post has been edited by Adjutant Stormy: 12 January 2011 - 11:25 PM

<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#1488 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:25 AM

It is done.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Huge project, well worth the time in my opinion. A thank you going out to those awesome minecrafters: HMQB for the upper city (somewhat fire resistant:P); to HiddenOne and Herman for the aid in bestowing burning glory upon the city; and to the mods for the TNT which was used to blast the hole in the wall.
A Special Thank You to my roomates, Jartrich and Morik. Whether you were filling in a damned lake, buildings hours worth of bridge (and falling hilariously to our death), or covering forests in sand -- to name just the easy part -- you guys did a badass job.

Now time to prepare for some monsters.

This post has been edited by Trull's son: 13 January 2011 - 03:26 AM

#1489 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:32 AM

Sweet...

Infinity rep
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#1490 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:46 AM

Fantastic! I wanted to participate but a) I didn't get a change to come back on and :p I get mysterious lag whenever I leave my pit...! Obviously that makes it difficult to travel.

Also, now that we have coordinates, if anyone's interested, my pit is located in the area of:

x - 736
y - 58
z - 247

(Same rules as before -- try to dig down layer by layer, keeping the surface even and please don't dig into the edges of the pit. Caves are starting to appear -- any that do leave holes in the edges I'm leaving rather than blocking them up, as i like the 'natural' appearance, and re-digging the circumference into the cave floor. Other than that, you keep what you mine so feel free to drop by.)

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#1491 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:10 PM

Co-ordinates? Where? I didn't notice those yet.

I missed the burning, I had to go early. Found two of those huge glitch shafts yesterday... right through the canal, down to bedrock. One had a base to it, the other was just blue - I kept away from both. The game kept throwing me out, the screen would just go black, and the game stop responding, so I'd have to close the window and start again.
It was happening every 5 minutes or so too, which was annoying.

The tools are still glitchy. I thought I had an invincible pick, as I mined for ages without any wear appearing on the bar. Until the whole thing just disappeared.

I hope the little things get resolved before anything else is added. Working tools and boats, and being able to play for more than 5 minutes in a row would be good things to fix asap.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1492 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:04 PM

@Tiger - Hold down F3, look in upper left corner for XYZ (credit to HMQB who showed it to me)

I'm having similar probs. w/ connectivity, lag, disappearing blocks, holes in reality, boats, etc.

We need fixes ASAP before the resurgent interest in the game is killed.

Lag while fighting monsters will be lethal.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#1493 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:16 PM

OK I've screwed up the circular pit. Something is uneven, though I think it's been like that all along...fixing it is rather hard and confusing. :p

#1494 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:37 PM

View PostGreen Pig, on 13 January 2011 - 01:16 PM, said:

OK I've screwed up the circular pit. Something is uneven, though I think it's been like that all along...fixing it is rather hard and confusing. :p

Damn, that's unfortunate. Have you tried standing up high on a column, looking down? And placing marker blocks in a grid or cross to centralise everything?

Whatever you've done, it's all fixable.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1495 User is offline   Slippery Jim 

• Lieutenant

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:27 PM

Monsters active.

Jim

#1496 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:32 PM

Yay monsters.

Very sorry I could not be there for Ygatan burning but will def go check it out later today.

I went for a 1.5 hour cross country ski, thinking I'd be home in time, but then the wife got stuck at the bottom of our driveway, requiring me to snow blow the entire thing (it's a big fuckin driveway), then push her uphill out of a damn snowbank....It was 9:30PM by the time I got inside and I couldn't do anything other than eat my supper and sleep.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1497 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:36 PM

Indeed it is, as I've just about fixed it. Jim's turning on the monsters now though, which is gonna make my project a lot more difficult. I'll need to devise some kind of pillar to put torches on, that I can take down easily when it's all done, though it'll have to be a pretty big pillar to provide the entire pit with light.

...am I allowed to request stacks of lightstone (or whatever it is -- the yellow blocks), seeing as we can't get into the Nether to mine it ourselves?

I was never intending to permenantly illuminate the pit, though that is now a possibility -- it would make building a lot easier and safer.

I don't know! :p

#1498 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:32 PM

@GP

I don't think we need lightstone...torches are almost as good.

And my method is to make a big X and do the circle by quarters. Makes it way easier to track down screwups.

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 13 January 2011 - 04:33 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#1499 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:37 PM

Lava blocks inside glass are good too.

You could always do a whole column of lava inside a glass tower, it looks good and lights all the way round.

I just used lava behind glass to light a canal tunnel, and the coverage is pretty good, even though each window is recessed.

This post has been edited by First Tiger: 13 January 2011 - 04:40 PM

#1500 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:49 PM

Oh the lightstone isn't for lighting purposes, I just had an awesome idea of something to do with it.

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

19 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users