• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MINECRAFT Pixelated Crack

#901 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:23 PM

Are we on an island? I've never been out far enough to notice. I need new territory, too.

Let's pick a direction to explore and stick to it until update is complete, per Kanubis. Otherwise, I'm going to wind up mining in someone's basement.;)
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#902 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:39 PM

Surely people can wait until the weekend to go travelling further than the land we already have. There's less than a week until the patch goes through.

There's plenty of undiscovered mountains around Tappers area, there's also a lot of land past Morgoth,

#903 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:57 AM

Where is everybody today? MP server is a ghosttown. I had to name my fancy diamond pick "Sally" and talk to her. Some wonderful conversations. She's very well-read and cosmopolitan.

This post has been edited by HiddenOne: 25 October 2010 - 02:58 AM

HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#904 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:55 AM

Well, it's monday morning, and I'm at work. So no digging til later. I extended the canal last night, I'll redo the last stretch and put in an elevator if i get time this evening.

I was out in a boat last night near Apts temple, and a glitch gave me an x-ray view though the sea of all the below ground works underneath that whole area, for a few seconds. Wish I'd done a screen save, it looked impressive.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#905 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:26 AM

that sounds pretty cool.

If people are impatient for more land to play with, there's plenty south of me and around Hidden's area. Also, between Apt and I and D'reks area there's some untouched land, but then you'd have to know which direction to travel.

Aditionally, there's some explored but untouched islands in the bay of the spawn area and just outside of it.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#906 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:19 AM

We need a map ;)
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#907 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:13 PM

I've been north as far as the sea from moon spawn when I did my clayfinding expedition 3-4 weeks ago. I ended up there by boat. I would imagine we are on an "island" but it is very big and continentlike. That expedition took me out maybe 5 minutes westward from moon spawn by sea and then about 5 minutes north.

There's some primo development property north of the canal between HO's fort and the azath too. A couple real nice mountains in there.

I finally put the short canal extensions over toward the spawn and azath (ending just outside the azath grounds...by the chests). I am no longer actively working on that though. I need to finish moon spwan. I got 1/2 of the outer shell (above the base level) completed and now am trying to decide on a general shape for the back. It looks pretty awesome looking in from the area of Jim's fort. I chopped down a good sized chunk of that forest to provide materials for Apt's Feralas azath thingy.

@ Kanubis, your fort is effing ridiculous. I've not been in since weeks ago. you've carved out quite a little base there. The walls are looking a lot better too with the cooked stone on the corners.

@traveler, the trick to getting the water elevators to work properly is to build them and have them all ready to go and filled with water (still water), and get the pools below all ready and filled with water, then dig the bottom out of the "up" side of the elevator and let go the dam holding back the "down" side of the elevator. The still surface over the "up" part will remain there with a thick waterfall going straight down beneath it and the "down" side will turn into a waterfall spilling over the edge. Good thing about a water elevator is that it avoids having to add steps completely since it can be whatever height you want. The one betwen Apt and Morgoth's fort is huge. I tried to put in steps only where there was a good amount of room to regain speed before the next one.

It's also a good idea to align the "up" side with the main line of the canal. It's tough to turn a corner quickly after you pop up from sea level and having it all aligned just lets you keep up your speed when entering the system.

EDIT also @Kanubis, I've seen maps of peoples' SP maps. Can any of us keep one of those or does it need to be jim?

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 25 October 2010 - 01:13 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#908 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:34 PM

Jim needs to generate the map since he has access to the server info.

#909 User is offline   Kanubis 

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:49 PM

However, as Jim is a busy boy, if he'd like me to do any research on how to do so for him, I'd be quite happy to ;)

c_f, if there's anything I can with my holdings to help in your plan for Moon's Spawn, please let me know. I've done a lot of what I had planned, and only have a couple of ships to build, landscaping for the eastern side of my land and a temple embedded in the hills there left to do!

#910 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:08 PM

Kanubis, on 25 October 2010 - 10:19 AM, said:

We need a map ;)

(not to scale)
Attached File  mcmap.jpg (231.28K)
Number of downloads: 2

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#911 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:22 PM

Continent of Ruin?
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#912 User is offline   Kanubis 

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:28 PM

Oh, I had no idea D'rek was building THAT far out!

By the way, I'm not sure if people are aware, but there's a lot more space than that east of me, Apt and Coco (I think Jim has some stuff north of Cocoland as well.) Certainly enough room for someone new to make a nice mark!

Setting up Hell portals between our landmarks is going to be such an awesome project - we should all be responsible for creating our own obsidian gateway to hell in our bit, then we can work together to try and secure the bits between in hell?

I know the ghasts can blow up scenery, but I'm sure there must be something you can build that resists their fireballs (maybe obsidian itself?) Possibly we could get one person with nothing in their bags to try and bait the ghasts away while we frantically secure the area?

#913 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:28 PM

I am somewhat miffed that no-one has yet noticed my glorious glowing T with its mountain cabin under it amidst the country some way away from the azath. I even built a pathway and lined it with torches to the azath (or rather, one of the blocks of woods on fire marking its corners (don't know whether it is north or south, I think north)).

This post has been edited by Tapper: 25 October 2010 - 03:29 PM

Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#914 User is offline   Kanubis 

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:01 PM

I've honestly been too self-obsessed with my own stuff Tapper, but I'll wander over soon - is there a sky tower link and if not would you like me to build one?

This is why a map would be great though - so we know what attractions are available!

#915 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:06 PM

Kanubis, on 25 October 2010 - 04:01 PM, said:

I've honestly been too self-obsessed with my own stuff Tapper, but I'll wander over soon - is there a sky tower link and if not would you like me to build one?

This is why a map would be great though - so we know what attractions are available!

There is not much to see yet, sadly - no big building projects from me yet.... also because I just opened up a massive, massive cave system and plan to explore it from top to bottom first, reap all the coal and get a load of metal to start some serious toolmaking.

I think I am somewhere in the middle between the prongs from the skyway passing over and aside the azath (from Moon's Spawn), you'll get close and can see the lights when standing on the end of one of them. Just can;t remember which one.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#916 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:11 PM

Morgoth, on 25 October 2010 - 03:22 PM, said:

Continent of Ruin?

I wanted the map to look more interesting...

Kanubis, on 25 October 2010 - 03:28 PM, said:

Oh, I had no idea D'rek was building THAT far out!

It's not that far... really...

Kanubis, on 25 October 2010 - 03:28 PM, said:

I know the ghasts can blow up scenery, but I'm sure there must be something you can build that resists their fireballs (maybe obsidian itself?) Possibly we could get one person with nothing in their bags to try and bait the ghasts away while we frantically secure the area?

Makes sense. I could see obsidian being immune to the ghasts or else they'd be able to destroy the portals themselves.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#917 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:26 PM

That reminds me, I found a couple of burning logs at the edge of the Azath forest the other day.

I can not emphasise this enough: DO NOT BRING FIRE TO THE AZATH AREA. Do not bring buckets of lava. Do not walk around with your Flint and Tinder equipped.

When the crown is eventually finished on the Azath it will extend far out over the forest like a canopy. If the forest goes up it is going to be a bitch regrowing it in the shadow of the Azath.

#918 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:49 PM

Screenshot of said Azath, please?
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#919 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:25 PM

It's a work in progress.

The long lines of dirt next to the ersatz branches are being planted with trees. They are going to be the support for the crown as it branches out from the tree.

I'm going to be adding more stone and wood under the crown and along the base to make it look more organic. There's also going to be window in the stone structure and some kind of big base set-up inside the Azath... maybe even a fireplace, just to tempt fate,

And of course, before I began the erection of the tower we finished the giant mob trap and sewer system that extends below the forest.

Attached File  Azath1.jpg (89.72K)
Number of downloads: 0

Attached File  Azath2.jpg (107.07K)

Attached File  Azath3.jpg (82.86K)

Attached File  Azath4.jpg (90.86K)

Attached File  Azath5.jpg (42.07K)

Attached File  Azath6.jpg (106.63K)

Attached File  Azath7.jpg (128.17K)

#920 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:31 PM

Woah, that's impressive; I can't believe I'm missing out on all of this!

There's a lot of stone there. It would appear that the central pillar is stone until it gets to the top, so if the fireplace was within the stone area, I don't see a problem.

And:

I began the erection

Hehe...you said erection...
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

Share this topic:

• 215 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

50 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 50 guests, 0 anonymous users